Which fighters would you most like to excel, and which ones would you care the least about performing poorly?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Which fighters would you most like to excel, and which ones would you care the least about performing poorly?

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Sun May 14, 2017 12:55 am

Ok, one of the great things about the fact that this tournament will have 80 fighters is that our Universe could potential score 30 ring outs/wins, but it is horribly unlikely that they will be evenly distributed. Last I checked (and potential spoilers here) our fighters are [spoiler]Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Tien
Krillin
Roshi
And one out of Buu, Frieza, and Yamcha[/spoiler]

Out of these fighters, how many wins do you want each to get? What characters getting early exits or lackluster performances would bother you the least? If the writers were to have some of them knocked out to hype up a new opponent or knocked out as a gag, which would bother you the least?

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Which fighters would you most like to excel, and which ones would you care the least about performing poorly?

Post by Vice » Sun May 14, 2017 1:00 am

I care most about Piccolo, least about Roshi who I feel shouldn't even be there.

Honestly, I'd like to see the big 3 Saiyans and Piccolo excel and don't really care how the rest fair.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Which fighters would you most like to excel, and which ones would you care the least about performing poorly?

Post by MainJPW » Sun May 14, 2017 1:04 am

I want to see Gohan and Kuririn do extremely well.

I don't think I care even a little bit for Tenshinhan or Roshi.
Last edited by MainJPW on Sun May 14, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

I want Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin to do well. I know Gohan, and Krillin won't disappoint. I think Piccolo will be fine as well just cause he has Gohan watching out for him. I fully expect at least one good tag fight with those two.

I don't care about Roshi at all. I feel bad for Tien at this point so I hope he gets something just because.
Last edited by Beyond on Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

I'd like to see everyone get at least one win. No reason they can't.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 14, 2017 1:12 am

My ranking from highest interest to least:
[spoiler]Gokû
Vegeta
Gohan
Krillin
Piccolo
Yamcha
Buu
Freeza
Tenshinhan
Roshi[/spoiler]

Strikethroughs are the hypothetical team members and where I would've placed them if they were part of the final team.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 14, 2017 1:53 am

Here's everyone in decreasing order of importance

Gohan
Roshi
Freeza
Krillin
Tien
Goku
Piccolo
Vegeta
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 14, 2017 1:55 am

Well, here's my list. It goes from highest too lowest:

Freeza.

Goku.

Piccolo.

Krillin.

Vegeta.

Ten.

Roshi

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun May 14, 2017 2:22 am

I really want to see Roshi kick some ass.

The one I care for the least is Vegeta. I won't care if he succeeds or gets destroyed.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:25 am

Vice wrote:I care most about Piccolo, least about Roshi who I feel shouldn't even be there.

Honestly, I'd like to see the big 3 Saiyans and Piccolo excel and don't really care how the rest fair.
I hope you were happy about episode 88 where Piccolo kicked ass then.

I hope he takes out Frost.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 14, 2017 2:29 am

YajirobiTheGreat wrote:Out of these fighters, how many wins do you want each to get ?

What characters getting early exits or lackluster performances would bother you the least ?
The number of wins doesn't matter as much as the quality of them so that's what I want more. I want Gohan to get a fight where he's the only one who can win like what he got against Cell and Super Buu. I'd also like to see Piccolo get something like his fight with #17 or 2nd form Freeza. Goku, Vegeta & Freeza will get a lot of fights and wins so I don't really need to talk about them. The humans and androids will get the small fights and that's about it, if we get anything more than great but I'm not expecting much from them.

The humans and androids because they're nowhere near as strong or important as the other 5 so if anyone needs to go first it's them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun May 14, 2017 2:42 am

Piccolo is the only one whose performance will sway how I think of the character. I'd rather he do well.

If 18 merely enjoyed the battle I'd like her character more. It was a good moment when she identified as a warrior a few episodes ago. I've never thought of her as a warrior, but if she does and shows it in this tournament it would be great.

Krillin can only win by gimmicks, and I don't want to see gimmicks be successful, so I'd love it if he couldn't manage anything. Tien may or may not fall into this category as well.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 4:35 am

omaro34 wrote:
Vice wrote:I care most about Piccolo, least about Roshi who I feel shouldn't even be there.

I hope you were happy about episode 88 where Piccolo kicked ass then.

I hope he takes out Frost.
Piccolo might have to fight someone else as it will probably be Frieza vs Frost. I would like Piccolo vs Hit.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun May 14, 2017 4:43 am

Would like Piccolo, Vegeta and Gohan to do well and Roshi and Tien to do as expected, not really invested in them as much.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun May 14, 2017 4:46 am

Characters I want to get the spotlight:
Piccolo- All of his fights are amazing and interesting, with his battle smarts, he can even defeat stronger opponents.
Freeza- Just want him to be a badass and redeem his shitty death in RoF. He could be the savage of the team rather than the pansy Vegeta.
Roshi- he'd better show off his cool ass techniques.

Characters I don't want them to waste too much screen-time on:
Tenshinhan- He's really boring and overrated. I'd like to see him job honestly.
Vegeta- I'm all in for character interactions and all that good stuff, but in all honesty, he's just a weaker version of Goku. I'd rather not have him in the tournament at all.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun May 14, 2017 5:20 am

Vegeta Vegeta Vegeta Vegeta
Please dont fuck this up for him, he needs to shine. Dont turn him into fodder
I'm also disappointed Kyabe didn't progress at all, he seems to be at the same strength he was during U6 arc
18 and 17 teaming up will be ace, i also forgot Freeza hope he redeems himself and Piccolo hope he kicks some serious ass with these new powers of him, hope they make him useful again like the saiyan, freeza, android saga always was one of my favorite characters

Is freeza confirmed btw? are we sure its not a gag?
Fighters i dont care about:
I wouldn't care about U10 getting blown away the second the match begins
Krillin, Tien, Roshi
Last edited by Cabba on Sun May 14, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sun May 14, 2017 5:24 am

From highest to lowest:

1)Son Gohan
2)Vegeta
3)Son Goku
4)Freeza
5)Piccolo

These 5 are the ones I care the most about in this arc.I think they will get the biggest fights in the arc and I'm pretty excited about seeing them exceeding my expectations.

The next 5 are the ones I don't really care much about.

6)Krillin
7)#18
8 )#17
9)Roshi
10)Tenshinhan
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun May 14, 2017 6:47 am

Care about most are:

Vegeta) Because after all this time he really REALLY needs to have a win already, instead of being overshadowed again.
Piccolo) Because I really need him to become the badass we all know he can be, and not some glorified babysitter.
Krillin) Because he is the ultimate underdog.

Care less are:

Gohan) Because he doesn't deserve it. (why?... because I'm very disappointed in him as a character.)
Tien) Because i don't care about his character.
Goku) Because I don't like him (for obvious reasons)

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun May 14, 2017 7:06 am

Well I'm fairly certain the entire U10 team is going to job horribly :D

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sun May 14, 2017 7:13 am

The ones I am most interested in are Vegeta, Goku, Frieza, Android 17 and Android 18. So half of them. The others I don't care about that much.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.