"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 pm

cringey wrote:Cell arena was destroyed in canon. I guess we shouldn't have it, too.
I believe, the story starts in Cell Games, and only after go its own route.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
cringey wrote:Cell arena was destroyed in canon. I guess we shouldn't have it, too.
I believe, the story starts in Cell Games, and only after go its own route.
Where did you get the idea it starts in the Cell Games?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:Where did you get the idea it starts in the Cell Games?
It is just my speculation. But it explains appearance Teen Gohan in the game and resurrection of #16.
Ranmaru Rei wrote:I have a thought about prologue of the story for DBFZ.
The story starts at Cell Games. All like in anime/manga. Then after the battle was over and all people had gone out, appears #21 and takes the chip that was remained after the head of #16 was crushed. I remeber this scene in anime. Really, when the head of #16 was crushed, some chip was remained.
There in 1:24: https://youtu.be/iFPmUc34JNk
It explains appearance of Teen Gohan as well.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Olympian wrote:Conclusion, any argument about whereas Yamcha deserves the inclusion in a fighting Dragonball based game is futile. He`s a classic, iconic character with unique moves and a cool design. Him being weaker than aliens isn`t a reasonable justification of not being present in such a game where his current status quo doesn`t erase what he`s done and the novelties he brough in. He`s Dragonball gentleman thief :D
Right. The fuck. On.

I was impressed they decided to reveal Tien and Yamcha on TGS (many people estimated a more 'hype' reveal) but I was pleasantly surprised. Now all I need is Gero, Cooler (5th) and Super Buu and I'm 135% happy as a clam.

As of now, I'm only 99.999999% happy.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 pm

When it comes to stages, I would love to have Beerus home and Hell from Fusion Reborn. Both are among my favorite locations of the franchise.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Now all I need is Gero, Cooler (5th) and Super Buu and I'm 135% happy as a clam.
With the androids playing a big rolse in the story I think we could get Gero but I don't know about the others. The game will most likely be a huge hit so they have to save some for the sequel (and DLC).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:30 pm

I'd love my galactic patrolman to be in this game.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:I'd love my galactic patrolman to be in this game.
Yeah, he will be fun. And, I should admit he has everything for this game. He has boots to fly and a blaster to shoot (replacement of ki blast for him).

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: I was impressed they decided to reveal Tien and Yamcha on TGS
Wait, what? Is there a reveal trailer? Or do you mean their jump magazine reveal?

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Kanassa wrote:We need a good ice stage
I would love a Muscle Tower stage instead of the generic glaciers that most DB games use. I think only Budokai 2 had a Muscle Tower stage. I'm probably wrong, though.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:10 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So is it confirmed yet whether the game will be dubbed or not? I thought I heard on the TFS stream it will be, but I was pretty drowsy. I heard Guilty Gear and BlazBlue don't have dubs so they may just always be like that. Dunno.
No official confirmation has been made but we can pretty much guess there will be. Bandai isn't going to bring a big DBZ title to consoles without an English dub. It's understandable that GG and BB games don't have one as those games are very niche and the audience for them doesn't particularly care.

Aside from that, a while back Chuck Huber let it slip that Android 17 was in FighterZ. Now that we know 17 is in the game as an assist in the game then we have positive proof of English dubbing being performed. More than that, Huber being done already and seemingly not having an NDA fully makes sense in hindsight as he's only needed for a couple lines and isn't particularity integral to the production.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 pm

We got official confirmation for an English dub here.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Simere wrote:We got official confirmation for an English dub here.
Oh good. I should've stated "as far as I know" in my post. I saw some postings on sites but I couldn't find any definitive sources from Bandai themselves but that video is as good as any.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:its just a space stage.
For me, it more looks like The Moon, despite the fact it was destroyed in canon.
Namek got destroyed and that's a stage. Come on, that doesn't mean shit.

Cell was killed and yet he's a playable character too. See it just sounds silly.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 pm

MajinMan wrote:
I would love a Muscle Tower stage instead of the generic glaciers that most DB games use. I think only Budokai 2 had a Muscle Tower stage. I'm probably wrong, though.
BT3 had it too

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 pm

KayDash wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote: I was impressed they decided to reveal Tien and Yamcha on TGS
Wait, what? Is there a reveal trailer? Or do you mean their jump magazine reveal?
Yeah, sorry for the confusion - I consider it a given that they'll give us a new trailer with Tien, Yamcha and 21 at TGS.

Sorry if I made your heart skip a beat. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
MajinMan wrote:
BT3 had it too
And I think Revenge of Piccolo had it
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Probably Stupid but I'd love a stage based on Satan's helipad on top of his skyscraper like Goku vs Krillin in Super.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet (I didn't see it anywhere anyway) - not a whole lot new in it, but they just put out a Story Teaser Trailer, and I am HYPED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKjNSK1eRE
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Longer trailer with new SSB footage and the Kaioshin stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGyBAnP9Wc

Plus Yamucha and Tenshinhan screenshots.

It looks like SSB Goku's one inch punch is a command grab, or at least the EX version is.