"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:28 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Being able to summon the 4 other members from Ginyu Force, makes Ginyu actually fun to play with.
And unique, I doubt anyone else will play with a full team to back him up. Altho that can be the case with Nappa, the Saibamen are all the same whereas the Ginyu is like having a whole squad of combo possibility. Was never a fan but I get the inclusion, it works and adds a whole bonus diversity so I`m game.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:38 pm

First time I've seen Vegeta officially called a tsundere. That's funny stuff.

I can't not think about the Gokû Black arc after reading about how this game's story mode works.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Bandai has put up more screenshots from the story mode on their Facebook.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:28 pm

AgitoZ wrote:Bandai has put up more screenshots from the story mode on their Facebook.

I love these kinds of screenshots; a colorful gathering of a bunch of characters we know and love. Even better if, during moments like this in the story mode, you get to pick which 3 you're going to use in battle. There are just so many interesting/fun team combinations we can assemble. :)
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Talking about toxic pathetic fandoms but that`s nothing new, those screens looke awesome.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Me gusta :D
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:09 pm

This looks so much better than Xenoverse. If it weren't due to the small roster I'd say there's no reason for the Xenoverse series to exist anymore.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 pm

The boardgame/map looks really boring.
precita wrote:This looks so much better than Xenoverse. If it weren't due to the small roster I'd say there's no reason for the Xenoverse series to exist anymore.
So, because you enjoy a game more, another game about the same franchise shouldn't exist? I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the logic here.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Basically. There's no need for two Dragonball console fighters at the same time. The Xenoverse series was created to be the main console fighter this gen, but now that this new fighter was announced and will be a far better "fighter" it makes Xenoverse feel obsolete.

The only thing it has going for it now is of course the huge roster.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:14 pm

precita wrote:The Xenoverse series was created to be the main console fighter this gen
Gonna need some evidence for that, especially when Xenoverse is really only partly a fighter; and even then the fighting isn't the same type of fighting as Fighterz

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Olympian wrote: Image
Wtf is the 2nd stage which shows Krillin's face? Is there a night version of the rocky mountains stage, or it's something else?
Also, what is the stage with SSJ Goku's face on it? Is that the destroyed Cell arena?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm

KayDash wrote:
Wtf is the 2nd stage which shows Krillin's face? Is there a night version of the rocky mountains stage, or it's something else?
Also, what is the stage with SSJ Goku's face on it? Is that the destroyed Cell arena?
Under Krillin: Looks like the cave level
Under Goku: I think that's the Pod Landing/Plains level

Kanassa wrote:

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Kanassa wrote: Under Krillin: Looks like the cave level
From Battle of Gods?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Is that optional dialog? Wonder if it will effect the story?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Is that optional dialog? Wonder if it will effect the story?
Probably one of those 'Yes/No' situations in RPGs
"Will you accept this quest?"
"No"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes!"
"So... Yes to accepting the quest?"

Kanassa wrote:

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:52 pm

KayDash wrote:
It looks to be Mount Pazou(?).
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:52 pm

precita wrote:Basically. There's no need for two Dragonball console fighters at the same time. The Xenoverse series was created to be the main console fighter this gen, but now that this new fighter was announced and will be a far better "fighter" it makes Xenoverse feel obsolete.

The only thing it has going for it now is of course the huge roster.
Xenoverse is a 3D beat 'em up, not a 2D fighter, and DBFZ is also targeted for the FGC, unlike DBXV.

I have no need for Xenoverse myself, but this is a game that sells well, and is getting it's 5th DLC pack soon. There is a reason it exists.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:56 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: It looks to be Mount Pazou(?).
It's surely none of these:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Is that optional dialog? Wonder if it will effect the story?
Probably one of those 'Yes/No' situations in RPGs
"Will you accept this quest?"
"No"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes!"
"So... Yes to accepting the quest?"
They did say the choices you make will affect the story, although it could simply be limited to progression. They showed a scan with three possibilities: rescue someone, fighting someone for high experience or collecting skills.

There's also the chance for extra dialogue like tsundere Vegeta, it could also be related to that.

By the way isn't that stage the Kaioshin Realm?
Last edited by LightBing on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Kanassa wrote:The boardgame/map looks really boring.
I respectfully disagree. It reminds me of Budokai 2's story mode which is a plus in my eyes. I know it was the black sheep at the time, but going back to it was a breath of fresh air after so many games just painstakingly going from Raditz to Boo every single time. I welcome a different approach to the story mode which seems much more streamlined and doesn't waste tons of time.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Image

Is that optional dialog? Wonder if it will effect the story?
Oh that looks fun! They look like similar questions. I think it might be the player's dialogue since Bulma wouldn't call him Son Goku. He'd be Son-kun.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!