"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed May 30, 2018 10:34 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Here's Vegito's dramatic finish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3NbFqIaYrU
And Trunks's new dramatic finish against Zamasu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9cITECXE4

Gotta say, Vegitos was a bit of a let down. Zamasu just prattles on, gets punched, then obliterated by the Final Kamehameha

But Trunks though...I gotta say, seeing him pull off the sword of hope with his classic design is pretty sick. Really awesome

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 30, 2018 11:21 am

mute_proxy wrote:And Trunks's new dramatic finish against Zamasu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9cITECXE4
Huh, that's actually pretty well animaited. Is there a sub version available yet?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 30, 2018 11:47 am

Kanassa wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:And Trunks's new dramatic finish against Zamasu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9cITECXE4
Huh, that's actually pretty well animaited. Is there a sub version available yet?
You can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEoYaooINRQ

It does feel more natural

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Anyway, can we talk about how SonicFox finally beat GO1, the best player in the world?!

Even though most people here may not follow the fighting game events, this is something still worth of talking about. It happened this past weekend at Combo Breaker 2018.
The rivalry of these two - GO1 (best japanese player) and SonicFox (best usa player) has been the most interesting thing on DB FighterZ high level competition.

I really like both of them as players and seeing them play against each other never fails to entertain me.

The best moment starts at 25:05. SonicFox only had Gotenks while GO1 still had his 3 characters and the way SonicFox turned it around was insane!
He had less meter, he didn't had sparking blast to use and he didn't lose any health. Just pure skill. The crowd got wild when they realized he could it.

What makes me love that comeback even more is that he did it with a normal character.

I usually don't get surprised when I see people doing crazy stuff with Cell, Bardock and Kid Buu because those characters are the most OP characters of the game. Unsurprisingly both of them have at least 2 of those 3 in their team. Now doing something of this extent with a character who isn't OP?! That's fucking impressive! One could say there was some luck, but it's a fact he didn't receive a single hit.

Now I'm expecting GO1 to come back stronger! Between the two, he's still my favourite.
Go-Ichi Still has Fox's number though.. by quite bit in fact. I mean we all can probably imagin what EVO is gonna look like but I'm hoping for an upset somewhere though.. Combo Breaker was full of upsets this year! Koreans lost to unlikely American players in Tekken. SonicFox not in Grand Finals of Injustice or MKX and losing Grand Finals in MK9.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed May 30, 2018 1:31 pm

I saw the new dramatic finishes. I love how Zamasu is only involved in the losing ones :lol:
Get Fucked, C_unt

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Anyway, can we talk about how SonicFox finally beat GO1, the best player in the world?!

Even though most people here may not follow the fighting game events, this is something still worth of talking about. It happened this past weekend at Combo Breaker 2018.
The rivalry of these two - GO1 (best japanese player) and SonicFox (best usa player) has been the most interesting thing on DB FighterZ high level competition.

I really like both of them as players and seeing them play against each other never fails to entertain me.

The best moment starts at 25:05. SonicFox only had Gotenks while GO1 still had his 3 characters and the way SonicFox turned it around was insane!
He had less meter, he didn't had sparking blast to use and he didn't lose any health. Just pure skill. The crowd got wild when they realized he could it.

What makes me love that comeback even more is that he did it with a normal character.

I usually don't get surprised when I see people doing crazy stuff with Cell, Bardock and Kid Buu because those characters are the most OP characters of the game. Unsurprisingly both of them have at least 2 of those 3 in their team. Now doing something of this extent with a character who isn't OP?! That's fucking impressive! One could say there was some luck, but it's a fact he didn't receive a single hit.

Now I'm expecting GO1 to come back stronger! Between the two, he's still my favourite.
Go-Ichi Still has Fox's number though.. by quite bit in fact. I mean we all can probably imagin what EVO is gonna look like but I'm hoping for an upset somewhere though.. Combo Breaker was full of upsets this year! Koreans lost to unlikely American players in Tekken. SonicFox not in Grand Finals of Injustice or MKX and losing Grand Finals in MK9.
Why do you say that? Are you going by all match counts? Or have seen something?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:04 pm

I love this game just for the character interactions.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Whoo, come back from vacation and Zamasu and Vegito are already downloaded and ready to play!

Gonna stay up and learn these two all night.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 31, 2018 5:55 am

Gave the boiz a try. After a short go of it (literally just the combo challenges, a bit of training and a couple casual matches) I can confidently say that Vegetto *may* have a spot on my team replacing Super Saiyan Goku, while Zamasu ain't happening any time soon. He's cool, but he's not for me.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 31, 2018 10:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83D6SPxuz8

Now he is officially the archetypical Final Fantasy villain/Sephiroth of Dragon Ball.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Vegito is really damn fun. Having reverse beat combos will help immensely with mix-ups and block strings, and he essentially has a super or special move for every situation. I've been practicing with him all night and I've put him as the point in my team.

Zamasu is so odd but I can see a lot of potential with his flight cancels, it's just gonna take some time learning when to do each action in the combo chain, but the man's reach on his normals is insane. It feels like Goku Black's 2H on every attack lol

Overall, they're probably the best additions to the roster in the entire game, and I can see both of them being high-mid tier at the least. I'll be using both a lot on teams, but now I must wait for Kefla for a Potara Fusion based team.

Also Vegito's theme is the best in the game now, it feels straight out of Budokai.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu May 31, 2018 2:08 pm

dario03 wrote:Why do you say that? Are you going by all match counts? Or have seen something?
In Overall sets he's beaten him more. I think the between the two is 3-2 or 4-2 in favor of Go-Ichi.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:I love this game just for the character interactions.
Same. Whether it be the matches or story mode, the character interactions are great! :D
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I saw the new dramatic finishes. I love how Zamasu is only involved in the losing ones :lol:
But of course :lol: And huh, they have Z-era Future Trunks doing the finishing move on Merged Zamasu. I was kinda hoping SS Rage Trunks would make an appearance as a playable character in this game but...

And sheesh, Vegetto Blue is a beast in this game just like he was in XV2. Though in XV2, his attack power was lessened otherwise he'd be too OP. Not seeing any nerfs so far with Vegetto Blue, but I just gotta play him more.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:08 pm

I like it, but it would better if the scene implied that Zamasu was truly defeated as Vegetto last words do not.
Though this one was pretty good, I hope we get Zamasu in his grotesque form in a future game. Also no Zamasu finish striking filthy mortals with his lightining?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Thu May 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Anyone been having problems with rage quitters today? It seems like every match I play where I get the upper hand my opponent quits out on me.

I take my lumps whrn I lose just give me my fair due when I'm winning. T.T

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 31, 2018 5:27 pm

excelhedge wrote:Anyone been having problems with rage quitters today? It seems like every match I play where I get the upper hand my opponent quits out on me.

I have problems every time when I'm in the game if it's not Ring Matches. Even in casuals, they ragequit if it's down to their last guy when I have 2-3 on my team.

Probably because there isn't a real good penalty for quitting matches in this game, besides the purple name as an alert that they quit a lot.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Thu May 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Logania wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Anyone been having problems with rage quitters today? It seems like every match I play where I get the upper hand my opponent quits out on me.

I have problems every time when I'm in the game if it's not Ring Matches. Even in casuals, they ragequit if it's down to their last guy when I have 2-3 on my team.

Probably because there isn't a real good penalty for quitting matches in this game, besides the purple name as an alert that they quit a lot.
Is that what the color squares next to our names are?

My is currently blue but I don't quit out, I just keep getting connected with red bars and rage quitters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 31, 2018 5:50 pm

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/10 ... 3366110208

Switch port "leaks" are here. In two weeks we shall see.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 31, 2018 6:09 pm

excelhedge wrote:Is that what the color squares next to our names are?

My is currently blue but I don't quit out, I just keep getting connected with red bars and rage quitters.
No, the squares next to your player name is your skill level. It rounds out how many wins and losses you've had and dictates what level you belong into.

Rank from lowest to highest.

-Light Blue/Blue/Green/Light Green/Yellow/Orange/Pink-

You will stay the same color if you lose/win to ranks lower or higher than your square, but you will go up or down ranks if you fight against players of your own rank. I believe every 10 fights it calculates your results of fights.

Honestly it's good to be a lower square, as more people aren't as scared to fight a green square compared to pink. It's why I purposely leveled down from pink to orange to get a bit more fights.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am

jeffbr92 wrote:

I like it, but it would better if the scene implied that Zamasu was truly defeated as Vegetto last words do not.
That's the strange thing about it. The dramatic finishers are all about killing your opponent in a cool way and here it does seem SSB Vegetto kills Merged Zamasu.
That "get serious already" should be their special intro. It doesn't make sense to say that after a dramatic finisher, when the opponent is already dead.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.