Frieza VS Buu - Who Is Better For The ToP (from a VIEWER perspective)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Frieza VS Buu - Who Is Better For The ToP (from a VIEWER perspective)

Post by Kastex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:44 pm

ToP (TOP, etc) = Tournament of Power (for those who may not know yet)

for the past couple months or so, we've been under the impression that majin buu would be on team universe 7 for the tournament of power. recently majin buu has been in a slumber and replaced by frieza. i suppose it's possible that this could all be a set up for a massive double twist, having majin buu suddenly wake up without warning and then vegeta quickly putting frieza back into the dirt (eliminating him for good). i haven't been reading any interviews with writers so i don't know if frieza's presence on the team is set in stone, but majin buu was pretty much confirmed first, and he's still in the opening and closing themes while frieza is not.

but anyway, that's not what this thread is about. in this thread i will state pros and cons of both majin buu and frieza being on team u7 for the tournament of power. i will talk about the importance both of them could have being on the team. also my opinion on which of them are better for the tournament of power.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Majin Buu:
majin buu is probably the closest mortal of all the universes to being immortal, since he can recover from almost any attack, and from taking almost any kind of damage, and most likely does not have a lifespan. it's very difficult for buu to be outlasted in a battle in terms of stamina. his role on team u7 would pretty much be a tanky healer aoe dps bruiser buffer debuffer mage (pretty much everything). incredibly limited by his extreme lack of knowledge and development.

EDIT: it's very much worth mentioning that majin buu can manually decide how he wants to evolve based on who he chooses to absorb.

Frieza
supreme asshole. stronger than buu. he'd pretty much be the wildcard on the team. very smart, very selfish, very cocky, very asshole....-y.

Conclusion

i personally believe that from a viewer perspective, frieza would be much better to have on team u7 than majin buu. this is precisely because of the description above. i shall explain.

it's because he'd be such a wildcard that he would make the tournament of power much more thrilling, much more exciting, and much more intense. there are a few things he can do, but it's really anyone's guess what he will do. you can say that buu is an unpredictable wildcard as well, but they are both completely different kinds of wildcards. think of it this way. majin buu's wildcard is like the kind of card that has a 50% chance to completely disappoint you, otherwise either giving you low or high quality treasure. frieza's wildcard is like the kind of card that the risk alone makes it not worth using. 33% chance to kill you, 33% chance to cause a major setback, 33% chance for a neutral outcome, and 1% chance to save you.

right now it seems to be in frieza's best interest to properly participate in the tournament of power on team u7, but anything can happen. we know that the z fighters are well known for overcoming low odds to pull out a victory, but frieza? in that situation he'll most likely cut his losses and try to kill as many members on team u7 as he can for any sort of satisfaction before being erased. or perhaps he could surprise us in a different way. who's to say? all i know is i better not see any recommended videos on my youtube page spoiling it for me in some bullshit "click bait" title or thumbnail.

anything to add? what's your opinion on who is better for the ToP between these two (FROM A VIEWER PERSPECTIVE)?
Last edited by Kastex on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Frieza VS Buu - Who Is Better For The ToP

Post by Smilodon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Boo could heal any fighter from U7;
Boo also can absorb someone from other universe and get stronger...And maybe absorb more than one;
Boo can do magic;
Boo is basically stronger than Freeza, and I think he could get stronger than Golden Freeza if he trains;
Boo can learn techniques instantly;
Boo can do the shunkan idou;
And his staminna is almost infinite.

Freeza can't sense ki;
Freeza doesn't have any special technique. He only has power.
Freeza can survive in vacum, but Boo can as well.
Vados Sama!

Kishido
Banned

Re: Frieza VS Buu - Who Is Better For The ToP

Post by Kishido » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Buu would be more useful in a team cuz of his hax abilties... That's most likely the reason why he is out.

Frize is personality wise way way better with all the potential character interaction

Bullza
Banned

Re: Frieza VS Buu - Who Is Better For The ToP (from a VIEWER perspective)

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Ehhhh Buu may have all those tricks up his sleeve but really Golden Frieza would take him out in seconds. Look what a heavily suppressed Beerus did to Buu, he whirled him around and threw him overboard.

I don't think the hax makes up for the raw difference in power.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Bullza wrote:Ehhhh Buu may have all those tricks up his sleeve but really Golden Frieza would take him out in seconds. Look what a heavily suppressed Beerus did to Buu, he whirled him around and threw him overboard.

Well in a way I agree but if a person isnt paying attention to Buu it could be effective...or if the person isnt a top tier.

No reason Frieza and Buu shouldnt be there honestly...do we really need Roshi or Tien?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:31 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Bullza wrote:Ehhhh Buu may have all those tricks up his sleeve but really Golden Frieza would take him out in seconds. Look what a heavily suppressed Beerus did to Buu, he whirled him around and threw him overboard.

Well in a way I agree but if a person isnt paying attention to Buu it could be effective...or if the person isnt a top tier.

No reason Frieza and Buu shouldnt be there honestly...do we really need Roshi or Tien?
roshi and tien are true z fighters that are trustworthy. buu screwed up during one tournament already and now he is sleeping. frieza is completely untrustworthy and and extreme enemy. the only reason they would ever consider frieza is if buu fell asleep (which he did), and the only reason buu isn't there is because he fell asleep. if buu woke up they would either stick with what they have or take out frieza. that's why i focused only on buu and frieza for this thread.

after watching frieza kill off his entire army for no reason, his strength in no way makes it worth having him on the team.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Kastex wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

roshi and tien are true z fighters that are trustworthy. buu screwed up during one tournament already and now he is sleeping. frieza is completely untrustworthy and and extreme enemy. the only reason they would ever consider frieza is if buu fell asleep (which he did), and the only reason buu isn't there is because he fell asleep. if buu woke up they would either stick with what they have or take out frieza. that's why i focused only on buu and frieza for this thread.
Yeah, I can see that perspective. I think Id rather have strong than reliable but oh well.

Buu would have made for more interesting techniques but Frieza will make a more compelling story. I'm 100% fine with either way.

I guess Id choose Frieza.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:34 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Kastex wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Yeah, I can see that perspective. I think Id rather have strong than reliable but oh well.

Buu would have made for more interesting techniques but Frieza will make a more compelling story. I'm 100% fine with either way.

I guess Id choose Frieza.
i agree completely.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm

For a viewer it is Freeza no doubt, he brings in the entertainment and will provide much more of a interesting fight than buu. With buu the tension is much less since he is so hax. He can turn people into candy and throw people out easily or absorb someone and get stronger. Not only that but he is very durable. It would be very boring.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Frieza in every way except for Buu's occasional Hax.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:40 pm

The problem with Buu's hax is that we don't even know if the writers were going to even utilize all of Buu's techniques to their fullest potential.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Almighty Majin wrote:The problem with Buu's hax is that we don't even know if the writers were going to even utilize all of Buu's techniques to their fullest potential.
I feel like this might be a no win situation though. If they did, then Buu would be an unstoppable candy making machine where he just magic's away most of the enemies except for the biggest threats. Which might not be very interesting to watch Buu run over half the competition making some fans wonder why they bothered to bring anyone else along if Buu was going to do everything.

If they didn't you'd have fans up in arms as to why buu's abilities weren't used to run over half the competition with his magic like we think he could. Probably get a lot of "So and so are horrible writers".
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Of course it's Boo that's why they removed him from the story because he gives U7 the best chances at winning besides all the magic and healing he can stretch he's limbs to keep his team mates from being eliminated his too broken

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 pm

From an entertainment standpoint as far as interactions with other characters and the potential of betrayal occuring, its definitely Freeza. However, from an in-universe perspective, given Buu's abilities and the rules of the tournament being taken into consideration, its Buu in my opinion.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Obviously, Frieza by a long shot. Buu is a retard, he would do something wrong in the tournament, besides, we don't know yet how much Buu progressed during those hours that he trained.

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Exactly, but we don't need Kuririn either, do we?
Smilodon wrote:Boo could heal any fighter from U7;
Boo also can absorb someone from other universe and get stronger...And maybe absorb more than one;
Boo can do magic;
Boo is basically stronger than Freeza, and I think he could get stronger than Golden Freeza if he trains;

Freeza can't sense ki;
Boo can´t do the shunkan idou;
Boo can´t learn techniques instantly just because, he learned Kamehameha, even Tenshinhan learned kamehameha. And his stamina is not almost infinite. He was destroyed by Beerus in seconds. Golden Frieza is stronger than ssj blue.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:Obviously, Frieza by a long shot. Buu is a retard, he would do something wrong in the tournament, besides, we don't know yet how much Buu progressed during those hours that he trained.

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Boo can do magic;

Freeza can't sense ki;
I actually feel Krillin is more iconic to the series and deserves to be there for that reason above Tien. Also above Roshi due to strength so I'm okay with him.

I guess I've just never been a huge Tien fan lol

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:41 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:Obviously, Frieza by a long shot. Buu is a retard, he would do something wrong in the tournament, besides, we don't know yet how much Buu progressed during those hours that he trained.

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Boo can do magic;

Freeza can't sense ki;
I actually feel Krillin is more iconic to the series and deserves to be there for that reason above Tien. Also above Roshi due to strength so I'm okay with him.

He is iconic alright to die all the time, my point is that he doesn't bring nothing to the table that Tenshinhan and Roshi can't bring as well, all of them are weaklings.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

He is iconic alright to die all the time, my point is that he doesn't bring nothing to the table that Tenshinhan and Roshi can't bring as well, all of them are weaklings.
Aside from Goku, Bulma and Roshi hes really the only one who has been there through thick and thin from the start.

Id say Krillin is far stronger than Tien (whose only feats are anime only) or Roshi which is why I personally left him off.

Others might not feel the same its cool.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:57 pm

I absolutely hate hate hate Frieza. He's literally the worst villain for me across multiple genres. So Freeza's return has it me in Hell right now. I have no problem admitting I can barely watch he show when hes on screen. I refused to watch RoF in its entirety, I barely watched the RoF arc, and I struggled through the Frieza fight. SSJ was literally the saving grace of the series for me and my most hated scenes in GT are when Goku faced Frieza.

Ironically Cooler is one of my favorite Villians.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:26 pm

hmmmm some of you are giving buu too much credit. from a u7 perspective, he would be the much better choice over frieza, but he still has many drawbacks despite his abilities. i don't think that he would ever be able to use his abilities to the fullest in the tournament of power (as he is now (not sleeping, i mean in his current form)).

i mean think about it. he was the same in terms of abilities and power when he was first awoken back in dragon ball z, but even hercule was easily able to manipulate and befriend him. imagine all the much smarter fighters than him in the tournament with opportunities to trick and manipulate him. the moment they find out he is an idiot is the moment he becomes a liability for team u7. they can easily try to bribe him with promises of gifts, exclusive food and desserts, etc. he almost pushed beerus to destroy earth over fucking pudding for crying out loud. if there is an enemy in the tournament with at least minor mental manipulation capabilities, buu is an extreme detriment.

besides, we don't even know if buu can understand the stakes of the tournament of power. he was there in the exhibition match when everything was explained, but who's to say that he was even listening? he didn't even understand the situation he was in as it took hercule to trick him into fighting, making him think it's "play time". even then, it was clear that he could not comprehend that he was in the presence of deities. without hercule there in the tournament, buu might be a loose canon. it's clear that buu kinda understands the concept of killing, but he only vaguely understands what it means for living beings to die, and he has no ethics. he only gets mad when hercule or his dog gets hurt. he'd probably go on a killing spree during the tournament if the mood strikes him.

and if buu manages to consume anyone in the tournament he might end up switching sides, unless he consumes someone from u7 which could turn into a problem.