Pan as main character

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Pan as main character

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:02 am

As a main character she isn't going to work..
Plenty examples are given here so I won't be going over them again..

If she ends up as the MC, which I am sure she won't, I will just stop watching the show, it's not a threat. It's simply what will happen, goku is the reason I stick around, he goes I go..

Boruto is implementing the next gen idea, and that's when I stopped watching naruto, I only ever watch the parts the Naruto is in at and skip the rest..
I assume it will be the same for Dragonball in a case like this
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:16 am

I'm not sure where the idea that Pans personality isn't Toriyamas idea. If anything Pan is written by exactly like every other powerful women he's ever written. Short of 18 who barely speaks at all... my point being is that Pans personality seems to be essentially what Toriyama writes for a character like her, that's assuming he didn't give input to the character himself. It's also likely because we know he writes notes with his designs and he did all the designs for the main character and other stuff with notes too.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 am

ABED wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
ABED wrote: Why do you hate him?
If you watch Super, you'll know why.
Nothing I've heard makes me think he's deserving of being hated or replaced. What did he do that was so awful in the Buu arc?
Everything in Z isn't as bad as what he's done in Super. I wouldn't use the word hate though. It's a strong word. I dislike him a bit more after watching Super due to his antics but not even that deserves him being hated or replaced permanently.

Watching Dragonball without Goku just won't be the same.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 pm

floofychan333 wrote:If Goku ever ages or dies, then Pan is our guy (or girl, IDK what to say). I think she has tremendous potential from the EoZ and from what I've heard from Super she's been interesting. Now that female SSJ's are a thing there's no reason she couldn't do that or go beyond that even.
The way I think this could be executed is showing Pan grow up balancing school with training, somewhat in the mold of the Great Saiyaman saga but more realistic than cheesy. I can also imagine if Pan fought with the Z Fighters against villains, Mr Satan would want her to have the credit because she is his granddaughter, which would create an interesting conflict. As an adult, Pan would balance college and a job with fighting, and we'd see scenes where she'd be working in an office or wherever then suddenly sense a huge power level and fly away, then face comedic consequences. Of course, my idea would be very comedic, but I think it could have a different mood if anybody wanted to make it different. Thoughts?
This kind of sums up what I'd expect Pan's arc to be. Still, I can imagine some twists here and there. Just to spice things up.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:22 pm

I'd like to see Pan take over for her grandpa Satan after he retires, kind of like she does in DBO. His techniques are treated as jokes for the most part, but someone strong like Pan could really do something with them.

Goe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:33 pm

I have edited first post with the new recount of people who like the idea and people who don't. You can check it and correct me if I commited any mistake. Anyway, thanks for posting

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Eh would much rather see Trunks/Goten or a distant descendant like Goku Jr lead a series

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:00 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'd like to see Pan take over for her grandpa Satan after he retires, kind of like she does in DBO. His techniques are treated as jokes for the most part, but someone strong like Pan could really do something with them.
I'm pretty annoyed Videl isn't the champ...

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:28 pm

I would prefer to see Goten and Trunks taking the roles of Goku and Vegeta after the two kill eachothers in their final battle.

When Vegeta trained FT in Super he said he won't accept a weak son. I would like to see him training Goten and Trunks after Goku goes off to train Uub. It would be awesome to see Vegeta training Goten. I would also like it if Goku trained Pan together with Uub. Though I would save her for later once she and Bra grow up.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:32 pm

emperior wrote:I would prefer to see Goten and Trunks taking the roles of Goku and Vegeta after the two kill eachothers in their final battle.

When Vegeta trained FT in Super he said he won't accept a weak son. I would like to see him training Goten and Trunks after Goku goes off to train Uub. It would be awesome to see Vegeta training Goten. I would also like it if Goku trained Pan together with Uub. Though I would save her for later once she and Bra grow up.
Vegeta training Goten would definitely be interesting. But call me biased, Id rather Goku train him.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 pm

emperior wrote:I would prefer to see Goten and Trunks taking the roles of Goku and Vegeta after the two kill eachothers in their final battle.

I like to think that Pan follows Goku to Uub's village on her own some time after he and Uub leave the stadium. She flies around the world on her own already, so locking onto gramps' ki and zipping over there should be a piece of cake. Pan, Chi Chi, Ox and Goten all seem to live in Uub's village in Neko Majin Z.