Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Post by TBMx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: He won't lose badly, if it is ability versus another ability.
Hit was a previous threat, just watch him get royally stomped by Jiren to hype him up even more.
Ahahhaah! We will see. I think Vegeta will be the one getting stomped.
For what storytelling purpose? Hit wouldn't get any additional cred for stomping Vegeta as he's done it before. Jiren certainly wouldn't, and to be honest no character would. You have to stomp a character with momentum. Stomping a character who hadn't fought in 32 episodes (almost one third of the entire series so far), and who hasn't defeated anyone particularly strong...it doesn't make the stomper look good. I'm not very convinced of Vegeta's strength right now. He's struggling against Magetta and Botamo as a super saiyan. He couldn't flip Botamo as a Super saiyan when Goku did it in normal form. Vegeta seems pretty weak to me as of now. Stomping him won't come off as impressive.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:So, we have: Jiren, Toppo, Hitto again or even Frieza. Which one do you think is more likely to be? That's the question.
Of those I don't think it would be Hit a second time, that'd be repetitive. I'm hoping Frieza doesn't betray the team and it wouldn't be him. Toppo is bound to beat somebody, he should be stronger than Vegeta so he could do it I suppose.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 pm

TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Hit was a previous threat, just watch him get royally stomped by Jiren to hype him up even more.
Ahahhaah! We will see. I think Vegeta will be the one getting stomped.
For what storytelling purpose? Hit wouldn't get any additional cred for stomping Vegeta as he's done it before. Jiren certainly wouldn't, and to be honest no character would. You have to stomp a character with momentum. Stomping a character who hadn't fought in 32 episodes (almost one third of the entire series so far), and who hasn't defeated anyone particularly strong...it doesn't make the stomper look good. I'm not very convinced of Vegeta's strength right now. He's struggling against Magetta and Botamo as a super saiyan. He couldn't flip Botamo as a Super saiyan when Goku did it in normal form. Vegeta seems pretty weak to me as of now. Stomping him won't come off as impressive.
They don't have many choices here. One thing is certain, Vegeta will be stomped by someone since Goku is fighting Jiren in the final.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Ahahhaah! We will see. I think Vegeta will be the one getting stomped.
They don't have many choices here. One thing is certain, Vegeta will be stomped by someone since Goku is fighting Jiren in the final.
If Vegeta built some momentum by beating Hit first it would make sense for Jiren to stomp him then.

I wouldn't like it as I would want to see the fusion dance, but it would make sense. Ask yourself why Toyotaro had Vegeta look impressive in the Zamasu arc each time just before he was stomped.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 pm

TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:
If Vegeta built some momentum by beating Hit first it would make sense for Jiren to stomp him then.

I wouldn't like it as I would want to see the fusion dance, but it would make sense.
Vegeta doesn't need momentum, he is there to lose, the opposite where Hitto builds momentum by beating Vegeta a second time in a great fight makes more sense.
However, i don't believe Vegeta is going to fight Hitto. It makes more sense to have Frieza or Jiren stomp Vegeta.
U6 is going to survive until the end alongside with 11 and 7. All the other universes are fodder. Hitto will represent u6 in the last 4 while Frieza will replace Vegeta. In my opinion, the final top 4 will be Jiren, Goku, Frieza and Hitto.
If you think about it, U7 can't have 3 fighters in the final four and since Frieza is stronger than Vegeta you do the math.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: They don't have many choices here. One thing is certain, Vegeta will be stomped by someone since Goku is fighting Jiren in the final.

I wouldn't like it as I would want to see the fusion dance, but it would make sense.
Vegeta doesn't need momentum, he is there to lose, the opposite where Hitto builds momentum by beating Vegeta a second time in a great fight makes more sense.
However, i don't believe Vegeta is going to fight Hitto. It makes more sense to have Frieza or Jiren stomp Vegeta.
U6 is going to survive until the end alongside with 11 and 7. All the other universes are fodder. Hitto will represent u6 in the last 4 while Frieza will replace Vegeta. In my opinion, the final top 4 will be Jiren, Goku, Frieza and Hitto.
If you think about it, U7 can't have 3 fighters in the final four and since Frieza is stronger than Vegeta you do the math.
Vegeta needs momentum because he has to come across as somebody worth beating. The last time he looked impressive was 37 episodes ago and that event just cancelled out the two bad losses in previous episodes. Hit on the other hand defeated Goku. Therefore defeating Vegeta isn't going to give him anything. If I beat up Mike Tyson in his prime, beating some journeyman fighter after that isn't going to give me additional momentum.

There's no proof that Frieza is stronger than Vegeta. I don't know where you get that from. How can he possibly stomp Vegeta if Frieza is equal to Goku SSB?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Hit's going to lose to Vegeta
^^^^

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 pm

TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:

Vegeta needs momentum because he has to come across as somebody worth beating. The last time he looked impressive was 37 episodes ago and that event just cancelled out the two bad losses in previous episodes. Hit on the other hand defeated Goku. Therefore defeating Vegeta isn't going to give him anything. If I beat up Mike Tyson in his prime, beating some journeyman fighter after that isn't going to give me additional momentum.

There's no proof that Frieza is stronger than Vegeta. I don't know where you get that from. How can he possibly stomp Vegeta if Frieza is equal to Goku SSB?
Hitto also has to come across as somebody worth beating since he didn't beat anyone since Goku and barely did anything in the series. Defeating Vegeta or Toppo will prove that Hitto has a chance to continue in the show as a reliable character that can beat anyone, otherwise, he will become another Piccolo. Frieza knocked the fuck out Goku, that is obviously proof that he is stronger than Vegeta. In my opinion Vegeta already had too much screentime, he is here to lose badly again. He is going to lose either way, we know Goku will face Jiren in the finals.
Do the math, we know U7 can't have 3 fighters in the final 4, therefore, you have to pick Frieza or Vegeta since Jiren and Goku will be finalists, so who do you think it will be between Frieza and Vegeta? Obviously, Frieza and the other finalist will be Hitto since u6 is so close to Universe 7 as it was explained in the anime.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
The problem is if Hit competes well it makes Jiren look like less of a threat. I really like Hit but if Jiren vs Goku is the plan I cant see them making Hit look close to Jiren.

Also Jiren doesnt seem like the type to mess around so I doubt we get a great fight with Jiren "Holding Back".
They could just have it be similar to Goku VS Cell. Hitto gives a decent performance against a suppressed Jiren but ultimately loses. We then don't see the full extent to Jiren's power and abilities until in a later fight.
TBMx wrote:I expect they're going to feed Caulifla, Kale, Vegeta, Frieza and Hit into the Jiren meatgrinder in order to make him look as impressive as possible for Goku to have the shiniest victory that ever shined.
I wouldn't mind that at all lol. Of course, I wouldn't mind it if he lost anyway and I fully expect him to lose to Jiren regardless tbh.
omaro34 wrote:Two quiet stoic tough guys with zero personality? No thanks.

I'm disappointed they rarely developed Hit to this point either. Other than him being an assassin and being over 1000 years old we barely know anything about him and he was introduced a couple arcs ago.
Can say that about Jiren given that we don't know much about him. Disagree with Hitto though can't say how he doesn't have a personality. Being stoic doesn't mean you don't have a personality, I'd be sooner to argue Tenshinhan has no personality than I would Hitto.
My problem with that is Jiren doesnt seem like the type to fool around. I addressed that a bit earlier. Of course it could happen though.
Hitto certainly didn't seem like the type to fool around either, but he didn't immediately go for the KO on Goku or Vegeta in the last tournament. I agree that he doesn't seem like the type to fool around, but I mean that he starts suppressed, Hitto gives him a good performance forcing Jiren to use a bit more power and reveal a bit more of his possible abilities to take him out. Then later on he shows off his full extent of his power.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Vegeta doesn't need momentum, he is there to lose, the opposite where Hitto builds momentum by beating Vegeta a second time in a great fight makes more sense.

Hitto also has to come across as somebody worth beating since he didn't beat anyone since Goku and barely did anything in the series. Defeating Vegeta or Toppo will prove that Hitto has a chance to continue in the show as a reliable character that can beat anyone, otherwise, he will become another Piccolo. Frieza knocked the fuck out Goku, that is obviously proof that he is stronger than Vegeta. In my opinion Vegeta already had too much screentime, he is here to lose badly again. He is going to lose either way, we know Goku will face Jiren in the finals.
Do the math, we know U7 can't have 3 fighters in the final 4, therefore, you have to pick Frieza or Vegeta since Jiren and Goku will be finalists, so who do you think it will be between Frieza and Vegeta? Obviously, Frieza and the other finalist will be Hitto since u6 is so close to Universe 7 as it was explained in the anime.
He didn't need to beat anyone since Goku, as beating Goku Kaioken x10 is the best you can get in this show. The only better shine he could get is if he beat Beerus. Beating the main character, Toriyama's Golden Boy, firmly puts him over and he hasn't lost since. In fact he killed Goku briefly and tied with him during the time Vegeta was on long hiatus. We know Hit is worth beating.

Maybe you don't know this, but Vegeta is Goku's archrival, not Hit. I know Toei fails in portraying that a lot of the time (the manga does a far better job), but Toriyama wrote Vegeta as Goku's final opponent, ever, in Dragonball Online. I doubt he will ever "piccolo" Vegeta by replacing him with Hit.

It's not about how much screentime you get. It's about how effective that screentime is at putting someone over. Vegeta's battle in ep 63 was needed to patch the damage done by two terrible back to back losses. Since then he lost again to Zamasu, was make a joke out of by Arale, was benched for 30 episodes in terms of combat, and now has just beaten a couple of C-list opponents.

Frieza can just as easily backstab or betray universe 7, and so it's not much different to having a U6 person there. How I would book it is:

final 4:
Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Jiren.

Final 3,

Goku, Vegeta, Jiren.

Final 2,

Gogeta, Jiren.

Final ,

Goku vs Vegeta.

Goku knocked Frieza out as well. Your point relies on the completely unproven idea that Goku SSB > Vegeta SSB. As Vegeta has had ROSAT training, it is logically Vegeta > Goku in SSB = Golden Frieza. But again, that's not proven as the show hasn't shown us.

Goku vs Jiren as the final two is something we don't know actually. It is too obvious if anything. The entire fanbase EXPECTS it, but we don't know it to be the case.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:00 am

TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:

He didn't need to beat anyone since Goku, as beating Goku Kaioken x10 is the best you can get in this show. The only better shine he could get is if he beat Beerus. Beating the main character, Toriyama's Golden Boy, firmly puts him over and he hasn't lost since. In fact he killed Goku briefly and tied with him during the time Vegeta was on long hiatus. We know Hit is worth beating.

Maybe you don't know this, but Vegeta is Goku's archrival, not Hit. I know Toei fails in portraying that a lot of the time (the manga does a far better job), but Toriyama wrote Vegeta as Goku's final opponent, ever, in Dragonball Online. I doubt he will ever "piccolo" Vegeta by replacing him with Hit.

It's not about how much screentime you get. It's about how effective that screentime is at putting someone over. Vegeta's battle in ep 63 was needed to patch the damage done by two terrible back to back losses. Since then he lost again to Zamasu, was make a joke out of by Arale, was benched for 30 episodes in terms of combat, and now has just beaten a couple of C-list opponents.

Frieza can just as easily backstab or betray universe 7, and so it's not much different to having a U6 person there. How I would book it is:

final 4:

Final 3,

Goku, Vegeta, Jiren.

Final 2,

Gogeta, Jiren.

Final ,

Goku vs Vegeta.

Goku knocked Frieza out as well. Your point relies on the completely unproven idea that Goku SSB > Vegeta SSB. As Vegeta has had ROSAT training, it is logically Vegeta > Goku in SSB = Golden Frieza. But again, that's not proven as the show hasn't shown us.

Goku vs Jiren as the final two is something we don't know actually. It is too obvious if anything. The entire fanbase EXPECTS it, but we don't know it to be the case.
No disrespect to you but I hope that doesn't happen. I would hate a Goku VS Vegeta III to close this off as I have no interest in seeing them fight once again. Their last fight was pretty lame to me in both versions. As you mentioned, Toei does a pretty poor job at showing and as a result, they aren't really much of rivals in the anime version. Not to mention, it's made me quite apathetic towards Vegeta in general as a character, especially when I find Goku's interactions with other rival-like characters in Freeza for example a lot more interesting.

Goku VS Jiren is quite predictable as a final fight of the tournament you're definitely right about that. Does that make it less likely? Hard to say at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if regardless when it happens it ends up being the most climactic fight though.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 am

It won't surprise me if Frost wins by defeating Jiren off guard when he is low on health and ki. They would have Jiren beat Goku and Frost shows up out of nowhere to defeat Jiren on the last minute.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 am

The last thing I want to see happen is Hit get absolutely fucked up and thrown out the arena by Jiren just to make him look tough. I'm totally down for Hit vs Jiren, I just don't want mah boy Hit losing so early on in the tournament. Hope he can fight until the very end.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 am

TBMx wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
TBMx wrote:

final 4:

Final 3,

Goku, Vegeta, Jiren.

Final 2,

Gogeta, Jiren.

Final ,

Goku vs Vegeta.

Saying that Hitto doesn't need to beat anyone, because, he defeated Goku would mean that half of the cast wouldn't be here. It is just pure nonsense. Hitto needs to beat a big gun to establish himself as a main character in the series. Saying that Vegeta needs to beat anyone, because, he lost, it is just more nonsense, Vegeta is there to lose in every arc since he isn't the main character and makes Goku look better by losing first.

Maybe you don't know this, but, to be someone's rival, you need to surpass or be surpassed several times in a tight rivalry and Goku always owns Vegeta and several times by a large margin, just look at what happened in the cell and majin buu arcs.
Dragon ball online is just a video game nothing else, in db heroes, we also see Golden Frieza and Goku standing alone against Jiren. Where was Vegeta?

Actually, it is both, having screentime and being effective. Hitto barely had time in this show and if the producers and Toriyama want to make of him a main character in the show, he needs to beat some big guns and stay on top 4 this time.

How I would book it is:

final 4:
Goku, Hitto, Frieza, Jiren.

Final 3,

Goku, Frieza, Jiren.

Final

Goku, Jiren.

Goku and Frieza knocked out each other which means they are equal, but, despite being koed, Frieza still maintained his golden form while Goku lost his blue form. Once more presuming that just because Vegeta trained in the rosat made him stronger than Goku is wishful thinking thinking since that already happened before and Goku came up on top by a large margin.
It is logically Goku > Vegeta in SSB and Goku SSB = Golden Frieza. The show doesn't need to prove anything since the rule is that Goku is always one step ahead of Vegeta, the burden of proof resides on you and why this time would be different.
Goku vs Jiren will happen and it is shown in the intro. One thing is certain it won't be Vegeta vs Goku.

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am

Hit needs a goddamn personality and some substance to establish himself as a main character, not another win. Right now he's got as much substance as Broly but with a way cooler gimmick.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:47 am

PeanutSaiyan wrote:Hit needs a goddamn personality and some substance to establish himself as a main character, not another win. Right now he's got as much substance as Broly but with a way cooler gimmick.
As several guys already explained, being stoic is not a lack of personality. You are confused. In fact, the one always obsessed with Kakarot is Vegeta not Hitto, therefore, Vegeta is closer to Broly than Hitto.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

I would hardly call Hit "stoic". You can use plenty of words to describe cool, collected, powerful characters that have a good deal of substance to them. I'm... struggling with how to define Hit. We know his profession aaaaaaand... that's about it? I mean, I've certainly watched all of his material several times over, and yet I'm at a complete loss for how I'd describe Hit to someone. Anything I'd say would be a surface-level physical description and "he's an assassin". There's really not a whole lot there to say.

Curious: what's up with "Hitto"? For self-consistency, you should also be writing "Bejiita". His name is literally just the approximation of the English word "hit".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 am

It bugs me calling and writing characters' names by the same way Japanese people speak them. :crazy: I understand when we don't have official romanization but it's not the case with Hit. People call Cabba "Kyabe" too... It's so damn weird.

Anyway. I think it would be interesting to see Jiren and Hit fighting. As Jiren can appear behind you without you even noticing and Hit can use Time Skip to also appear behind you, they can do this until both of them fall off the ring. :P
Last edited by Grimlock on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am

Saying that Hitto doesn't need to beat anyone, because, he defeated Goku would mean that half of the cast wouldn't be here.
???

The only person competing in the tournament who has ever beaten Goku clean in Super, is Hit.
It is just pure nonsense. Hitto needs to beat a big gun to establish himself as a main character in the series.
http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com/

Who's that next to Goku on the official Website? Is that Hit? :lol:

Maybe here? Who's the character that's scaled the biggest after Goku? Is that Hit? :wave: I can't seem to find Hit's character bio on the official site that lists the main characters. DO you see it?
:yawn: http://www.dragonballsuperofficial.com/about/

Maybe we'll have more luck on Dragonball Z.com.
http://www.dragonballz.com/

Who's that next to Goku on the DVD that dominates the front page? Is that Hit? :lolno:

Hit isn't a main character. He's barely ever on promo material.He barely gets screentime. His background is non existent, nor does he have much personality. Because you think Hit is cool, you want him to be more of a main character than Vegeta, which isn't going to happen.
Saying that Vegeta needs to beat anyone, because, he lost, it is just more nonsense, Vegeta is there to lose in every arc since he isn't the main character and makes Goku look better by losing first.
Vegeta didn't do any worse than Goku in the Zamasu arc. Didn't do any worse in the revival of F arc. Both conceeded it was a tie. He surpassed Goku SS3 as a SS2, he earned SSB on his own, he defeated the most people from U6, 2 on which were curbstomps in order to make Vegeta seem powerful before being fed to Hit. Because if he didn't seem powerful, it would have been pointless. If he doesn't beat anyone strong, he doesn't come across as a "big gun", as you put it.
Maybe you don't know this, but, to be someone's rival, you need to surpass or be surpassed several times in a tight rivalry and Goku always owns Vegeta and several times by a large margin, just look at what happened in the cell and majin buu arcs.
We clearly aren't watching the same show.

He surpassed Vegeta thrice in dbz, Vegeta surpassed him twice. Allow me to list them.
Goku surpasses Vegeta:
Late Namek Saga.
Cell Saga
Buu Saga. (explainable through otherworld training being more efficient and having a more durable (dead) body to train with)

Vegeta surpasses Goku:
Earlier Namek Saga
Android Saga (Piccolo's word in the manga)

Dragon ball online is just a video game nothing else,
It's written by Toriyama, so it gives us an idea of where his mind is.
in db heroes, we also see Golden Frieza and Goku standing alone against Jiren. Where was Vegeta?
Toriyama didn't write that. And if you think they'd give away the ending to this arc in DB heroes...just :lolno:

Actually, it is both, having screentime and being effective. Hitto barely had time in this show and if the producers and Toriyama want to make of him a main character in the show, he needs to beat some big guns and stay on top 4 this time.
Why would they want to make him a main character? Seriously why? :eh: :wtf:

Goku and Frieza knocked out each other which means they are equal, but, despite being koed, Frieza still maintained his golden form while Goku lost his blue form.
That doesn't mean anything because base Goku was keeping up with Golden Frieza before he went Blue. Ki. Control.
Once more presuming that just because Vegeta trained in the rosat made him stronger than Goku is wishful thinking thinking since that already happened before and Goku came up on top by a large margin.
Based on what? The Kamehameha against Zamasu? Goku broke his arms doing it, which Vegeta didn't. If Vegeta broke his arms with his then we could use that feat to compare. But as it stands, we can't, as it's clear Goku tried a lot harder. Besides that feat, please tell me what evidence you're using.
Goku is always one step ahead of Vegeta, the burden of proof resides on you and why this time would be different.
Kaioken is one step ahead. Being superior in base SSB as well is two steps ahead. One, two. Why do I need to prove it when I'm saying the show hasn't told us yet. You're the one making the definitive claim. You need to prove it. You haven't done so as far as I'm concerned.
Goku vs Jiren will happen and it is shown in the intro. One thing is certain it won't be Vegeta vs Goku.
We know Goku will engage Jiren in combat, but the intro is completely out of context. You can't say that's the final two. Because again - Based on what?

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
PeanutSaiyan wrote:Hit needs a goddamn personality and some substance to establish himself as a main character, not another win. Right now he's got as much substance as Broly but with a way cooler gimmick.
As several guys already explained, being stoic is not a lack of personality. You are confused. In fact, the one always obsessed with Kakarot is Vegeta not Hitto, therefore, Vegeta is closer to Broly than Hitto.
As people have explained, you can't write away being generic, bland, and being without convictions simply by labeling someone "stoic". There is room for this character, but so far Super has been content with just giving us a general assassin who's whole shtick is that he's really strong.