The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:21 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:I hate the fact that this stupid theory has been validated for another 2 weeks minimum
Same here, like do people really think Roshi is gonna last right until the end? The man is already at his limits, a vague picture of Buu and all of sudden people are blowing at the load for "FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING. OMG FORESHADOWING !!!!!!"

Simple, people are looking for things that aren't there, the fanbase has been wrong on multiple occasions and this will just be another one. Really tiresome at this point. :yawn:
There should be spoilers on thursday so not much longer.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Same here, like do people really think Roshi is gonna last right until the end? The man is already at his limits, a vague picture of Buu and all of sudden people are blowing at the load for "FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING. OMG FORESHADOWING !!!!!!"

Simple, people are looking for things that aren't there, the fanbase has been wrong on multiple occasions and this will just be another one. Really tiresome at this point. :yawn:
It works both ways. Lots of people were absolutely insistent that Frieza would never come back for the tournament because it was a stupid idea until he did. It would be unwise for either side to dig in their heels on this one when the tv guide summaries are due any time now and will most likely spoil any major eliminations in 107 and 108.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:23 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Same here, like do people really think Roshi is gonna last right until the end? The man is already at his limits, a vague picture of Buu and all of sudden people are blowing at the load for "FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING , FORESHADOWING. OMG FORESHADOWING !!!!!!"

It works both ways. Lots of people were absolutely insistent that Frieza would never come back for the tournament because it was a stupid idea until he did. It would be unwise for either side to dig in their heels on this one when the tv guide summaries are due any time now and will most likely spoil any major eliminations in 107 and 108.
At some point common sense has come to come into play..
How i predict the tournament will end:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:35 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

There is no other-side, this is literally fan's making shit up again like usual, because god forbid letting things play out we all have to be detectives. :roll:

Isn't Chichi in the ending? I guess that means Chichi beats Jiren! OMG! Chichi beats Jiren confirmed!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:46 pm

TheOne wrote:At some point common sense has come to come into play..
And what is common sense here? The opinion that agrees with yours? Roshi getting eliminated next episode (which I'm leaning toward) would upend the ending theory (which I'm leaning more against mostly because I don't see 17 and 18 going down back to back) but it in no way precludes the possibility of Vegeta getting another raw deal from Toriyama.

This is the same guy that previously killed Vegeta because people asked him not to and had him killed again by a Frieza who was so badly beaten that he could barely stand. Toriyama's willingness to shit on Vegeta combined with his relative lack of focus and arrogant attitude concern me more than anything in the OP or ed.

If it was just Toei I'd expect them to give Vegeta the new form as well and to market the hell out of it for that whole new wave of sweet Vegeta merchandise.

And Baggie, people are going to speculate on stuff like this whether you like it or not. If it bothers you then do yourself a favor and just stop following those threads/conversations. If nothing happens it'll blow over and that will be the end of it until the next stupid thing comes along. Like that whole Evil Grand Priest thing.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 pm

TheOne wrote: It works both ways. Lots of people were absolutely insistent that Frieza would never come back for the tournament because it was a stupid idea until he did. It would be unwise for either side to dig in their heels on this one when the tv guide summaries are due any time now and will most likely spoil any major eliminations in 107 and 108.
At some point common sense has come to come into play..[/quote]

man, i was really skeptical about the hypothesis of Goku wishing for fusing all the eliminated universes... but the way you explained how this can be done on your signature... I changed up my mind, it really makes sense, and it looks like a really good hypothesis

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Kanious wrote:
TheOne wrote: It works both ways. Lots of people were absolutely insistent that Frieza would never come back for the tournament because it was a stupid idea until he did. It would be unwise for either side to dig in their heels on this one when the tv guide summaries are due any time now and will most likely spoil any major eliminations in 107 and 108.
At some point common sense has come to come into play..
man, i was really skeptical about the hypothesis of Goku wishing for fusing all the eliminated universes... but the way you explained how this can be done on your signature... I changed up my mind, it really makes sense, and it looks like a really good hypothesis
Haha thanks man!

Toei might have other plans but that made the most sense to me at the time. They're always looking to throw curve balls.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 pm

I really hope they don't being everyone back, at least not right away.

I dont see how combining a bunch of universe under the mortal level would equal the mortal level needed. Its not addition, its some sort of average. By mixing a bunch of averages under lets say...10, there is no way to end up with a number higher.

I'm hoping it ends with us finding out Super Shenron does in fact have limits when it comes to Zeno.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:01 am

My prediction is that Frieza or Frost (or both), will defect to Universe 4 (look at that shot in the preview between Quitela and Beerus. Universe 4 has an ace up it's sleeve). Master Roshi will attempt to use Mafuba on Frost, but then Frost will take control of it and use it to trap Vegeta and possibly eliminate him. Roshi dies in the attempt to stop Frost. Zeno starts to allow killing. Frieza betrays Universe 7. Frost perhaps betrays Universe 6. Vegeta eliminates Magetta before going out.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:33 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I really hope they don't being everyone back, at least not right away.

I dont see how combining a bunch of universe under the mortal level would equal the mortal level needed. Its not addition, its some sort of average. By mixing a bunch of averages under lets say...10, there is no way to end up with a number higher.

I'm hoping it ends with us finding out Super Shenron does in fact have limits when it comes to Zeno.
Given the fact that U7 has the second lowest mortal level, any addition of quality mortals would help bring it up. Especially since U11 has such a high mortal level.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 am

TheOne wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I really hope they don't being everyone back, at least not right away.

Given the fact that U7 has the second lowest mortal level, any addition of quality mortals would help bring it up. Especially since U11 has such a high mortal level.
It still wouldn't be high enough....because that's how math works.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:40 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I'm not exactly sure why you're coming at me like I said it was going to compete with everyone else.. All I've stated was that it'll be much higher than the crap they had before.

Whether people acknowledge it or not, they have hinted that strength does play a part in the mortal level. If U7 wins the tournament with such a low mortal level, it might call into question the exempt universes and where they truly stand. Or if this mortal level system is flawed. I personally believe that was part of the reason they were so intrigued with U6 and U7 tournament and wanted to give them a chance. It was entertaining and these universes had some powerful warriors. It's all just my opinion.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:46 pm

I definitely don't want Vegeta to be knocked out so early but it's always a possibility. Hope for the best expect the worst.

Granted I am not even caught up to this yet but if he is knocked out that will be a lot of episodes with him not really doing much in the show. That fact bothers me more than him losing so early. Although if he does lose I hope he at least gets to do it in a cool way.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 pm

TheOne wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheOne wrote:
I'm not exactly sure why you're coming at me like I said it was going to compete with everyone else.. All I've stated was that it'll be much higher than the crap they had before.

Whether people acknowledge it or not, they have hinted that strength does play a part in the mortal level. If U7 wins the tournament with such a low mortal level, it might call into question the exempt universes and where they truly stand. Or if this mortal level system is flawed. I personally believe that was part of the reason they were so intrigued with U6 and U7 tournament and wanted to give them a chance. It was entertaining and these universes had some powerful warriors. It's all just my opinion.

I'm not trying to come at you at all...sorry if it seems that way.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Well, Toshio tweeted that he just finished writing a cool Vegeta scene of some sort. If he just finished writing it, It should be in a few episodes. Toshio said he's writing 107 if I recall. I'd assume his next Episode would be either 110 or 111? Unless this scene magically happens soon and is his elimination scene, I don't think this "ending = order of elimination" holds any more water.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:42 am

DainIronfoot wrote:Well, Toshio tweeted that he just finished writing a cool Vegeta scene of some sort. If he just finished writing it, It should be in a few episodes. Toshio said he's writing 107 if I recall. I'd assume his next Episode would be either 110 or 111? Unless this scene magically happens soon and is his elimination scene, I don't think this "ending = order of elimination" holds any more water.
Episodes are written months in advance, if Toshio says he just finished writing an episode, we most likely won't see it for another 20-30 episodes from now, so probably 2018.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 am

Kaiosama wrote:My prediction is that Frieza or Frost (or both), will defect to Universe 4 (look at that shot in the preview between Quitela and Beerus. Universe 4 has an ace up it's sleeve). Master Roshi will attempt to use Mafuba on Frost, but then Frost will take control of it and use it to trap Vegeta and possibly eliminate him. Roshi dies in the attempt to stop Frost. Zeno starts to allow killing. Frieza betrays Universe 7. Frost perhaps betrays Universe 6. Vegeta eliminates Magetta before going out.
Maybe a team change was possible before the tournament started, at least Sidra and Ro implied that, but once started? I don't think so.

Freeza's betrayal I don't know what it could be. Maybe he is willing to see Goku and the rest erased and his own is a price he is ready to pay. And the pleasure of betraying them itself, he must be enjoying this.

His presence is still one of the big ongoing plotlines in the arc. We'll see.

Edit: Although who knows, Zeno allows or not things in the very moment, which is great to bend the rules at convenience.
Heno heno kappa!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 am

Shaqazooloo wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:Well, Toshio tweeted that he just finished writing a cool Vegeta scene of some sort. If he just finished writing it, It should be in a few episodes. Toshio said he's writing 107 if I recall. I'd assume his next Episode would be either 110 or 111? Unless this scene magically happens soon and is his elimination scene, I don't think this "ending = order of elimination" holds any more water.
Episodes are written months in advance, if Toshio says he just finished writing an episode, we most likely won't see it for another 20-30 episodes from now, so probably 2018.
That's not true at all. Maybe for some shows but not DBS. They do not stay that far ahead. 20-30 episodes will be an entirely new arc.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 am

Spoilers.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It seems the order is real.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:11 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Spoilers.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It seems the order is real.
I'm not so sure. Wasn't it already stated both Universe 6 and Universe 7 will have 8 members going into episode 109? This is a spoiler for 107.