The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by Mercenary » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 am

Vice wrote:I'd love to see Vegeta eliminated early just to see his whiny ass fanbase cry more.

Honestly, I didn't see many Vegeta fans on this board. But haters? Quite a lot.

This order won't take a place. You just keep overinterpreting because YOU WANT this to happen. That's how it is.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:38 am

Mercenary wrote:
Vice wrote:I'd love to see Vegeta eliminated early just to see his whiny ass fanbase cry more.

Honestly, I didn't see many Vegeta fans on this board. But haters? Quite a lot.

This order won't take a place. You just keep overinterpreting because YOU WANT this to happen. That's how it is.
Its very possible that the order will take place. Universe 9 wasn't featured at all in the ending and they were the first to get eliminated. And from our lineup, Krillin was the first to go, just as the ending showed.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:27 pm

precita wrote:
Who knows. If Tenshinhan gets knocked out next, and especially if Vegeta gets knocked out third, then it's very likely. Vegeta getting such an early knock out would be the shock they're going for, to see the second strongest fighter of U7 knocked out so early.
and Vegeta taking out by a fat woman is just the twist we need.

Vegeta getting humiliating defeats is par the course for the series.
How can something that's par the course for the series also be a shocking twist? That's an oxymoron.
It's one or the other.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 pm

...But don't the Japanese read from right to left? or is that a stupid thought

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 pm

It's happening. Unless Roshi does get knocked out next week, I think Vegeta will be the surprise knock out.

The rest of this lineup makes sense. I can see 18 going not to long after, then 17. Piccolo will obviously last long enough to fight those two Nameks, then he's gone.

Freeza being third to last, and the last two being Goku/Gohan fits.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:06 pm

I still think it's too early to claim the ending reveals the order of eliminations. Everyone suspected that either Roshi or Tien are up next. The next episode preview also doesn't look good for Roshi. I'll believe it when I see it.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Vegeta is said to play a role in next episode according to the summary. For all we know Vegeta sacrifices himself to save Roshi.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Could be. But I just don't see Vegeta sacrificing himself for someone like Roshi. He isn't sentimental and has no attachments to Roshi whatsoever. Besides, they need him in the tournament far more then they need Roshi. It would make no sense for him to save Roshi at his own expense.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:14 pm

The end of todays episode did end on vegetas arrogance and blind aggressiveness. Those put together is an easy way to have him eliminated quick. It might make sense giving the end of this episode.

And I could see him being sacrificed for roshi or otherwise if it's from a very power enemy out of necessity to simply win. Not out of the kindness of his heart. It would be arrogance or necessity or both.

It's not hard for any of the more aggressive fighters to get eliminated. It's a matter of what order they put them in. roshi and piccolo are staying back potentially strategically. The other like 18 and 17 are potentially running around fighting. It's easy for the order to happen as stated. It's not about power. It's about circumstances.

And it was nice all of the fighters had to go up against something a little more difficult for them. Their overwhelming power is not in play. They need to do that a lot more often. Power doesn't normally overtake strategy... This show has too much blind power winning and none of the consequences. Add that in and this show gets very interesting very fast.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 pm

If Vegeta does go out it's entirely possible he goes down to dirty tactics or subterfuge rather than a sacrifice. It looked like he was fighting Magetta in the NEP so someone could ambush him or take him by surprise.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 pm

It makes sense for Vegeta to take an early fall. He did so much in Super already, and he already has quite a number of eliminations in this tournament.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Vegeta fans after this episode:

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:02 am

I still don't think that this ending doesn't mean NOTHING. I remember when the new opening started, and people where talking that the order of elimination would be the number on the dragon balls, to me this is the same: bullshit.

Also, it is expected that we'll get a new ending by September 23 [episode 108], as since the beginning until now the ending has changed every 12 episodes.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:07 am

Ridiculous assumption. This fan base is so silly.

So the fact that two of the weakest fighters on the team are the first to go, you assume Vegeta is next?

Roshi looks like he's about to get wrecked by Frost here really soon. So it'll shut most of the people up here about how they revealed the order.

Everyone's making it seem like there's some hidden messages in the opening when in fact they're just getting the weakest fighters off the stage.
How i predict the tournament will end:

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:11 am

TheOne wrote:Ridiculous assumption. This fan base is so silly.

So the fact that two of the weakest fighters on the team are the first to go, you assume Vegeta is next?

Roshi looks like he's about to get wrecked by Frost here really soon. So it'll shut most of the people up here about how they revealed the order.

Everyone's making it seem like there's some hidden messages in the opening when in fact they're just getting the weakest fighters off the stage.
Nothing wrong with a little speculation.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:16 am

MainJPW wrote:
TheOne wrote:Ridiculous assumption. This fan base is so silly.

Nothing wrong with a little speculation.
You're right there's nothing wrong with it.

But some people have just gone a little overboardinf about it.
How i predict the tournament will end:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:20 am

Then why is the position in the ending so suspicious? Why is Vegeta placed with Krillin and Tien of all people, instead of shown with Goku and Gohan?

Likewise why is Freeza with Piccolo and Roshi in their scene? The order of the ending likely wasn't decided at random. They purposely chose to order the characters in that manner.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:20 am

Kanious wrote:I still don't think that this ending doesn't mean NOTHING. I remember when the new opening started, and people where talking that the order of elimination would be the number on the dragon balls, to me this is the same: bullshit.

Also, it is expected that we'll get a new ending by September 23 [episode 108], as since the beginning until now the ending has changed every 12 episodes.
Won't 12 since the last one be 109?

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:28 am

Simere wrote:
Kanious wrote:I still don't think that this ending doesn't mean NOTHING. I remember when the new opening started, and people where talking that the order of elimination would be the number on the dragon balls, to me this is the same: bullshit.

Won't 12 since the last one be 109?
You're right, i messed up a little bit. I was looking on wikipedia, and it really seems that the endings change every 9 to 12 episodes. Here is a list of what we've had until now:

episodes 1 to 12 is "Hello Hello Hello"
episodes 13 to 25 is "Starring Star"
episodes 26 to 36 is "Usubeni"
episodes 37 to 49 is "Forever Dreaming"
episodes 50 to 59 is "Yokayoka Dance"
episodes 60 to 72 is "Chao Han Music"
episodes 73 to 83 is "Aku no Tenshi to Seigi no Akuma"
episodes 84 to 96 is "Boogie Back" by Miyu Innoue.
episodes 97 to ??? is "Haruka" by Lacco Tower.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:29 am

I'm hoping this elimination order is true because if Roshi is next one to go out then it would be flat lazy and obvious to have the weakest members go oit first. Having one of your heavy hitters be taken out early would increase the tension of this arc, which is what this arc needs. It's time they do something different than go with the predictable order of weakest eliminated first and strongest survivng till the end.