The most evil villain in Dragonball.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Godo
I Live Here

The most evil villain in Dragonball.

Post by Godo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:29 pm

Who do you think is the most evil villain of the whole Dragonball series? Let's discuss it in this topic.

Now, please do not write answers like "Freeza is most evil because he is so strong and cool".

Let me start with telling who I think is most badass: Tao Pai Pai

Reason: First of all, he is pretty much the most evil villain due to his heritage: the overall peaceul earth. In earth you can easily be a good human, living in harmony with people and so on. But instead Tao Pai Pai became evil, an cold-blodded assassin, ready to even kill children and women with them having made nothing to him. As an example the guy that sew his suit. As payment he could get a free assassination of someone, but when he didn't want any payment, he got killed. Or the fact that he was ready to kill Goku for money, a mere 14-year old (?) child. Sure, Cell, Buu and Freezer could do that too, but Cell and Buu were made evil, and Freezer was probably raised in an enviroment of sadism.
Even though Freezer and Tao Pai Pai are almost on par with eachother according to evilness, Tao Pai Pai wins this battle because of that he can kill with his tounge. Have you ever seen Freezer do that? No, I thought so.

Now it's your turn to say what you think.

ps.(Sorry for the grammar, it's late down here).

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:58 pm

I think Dr. Gero is the most evil. He kidnapped two teenagers and turned them into artificial humans just so he could get revenge on Goku, and designed Cell so that he would even destroy the entire planet if he had to just to kill Goku.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:02 pm

I'm gooing to have to say that Piccolo-Daimaô is the most evil.

Every other villian I've seen is eaith out there for killing for fun, or because they dream of world conquest.

Piccolo-Daimaô instantly gains his world conquest by marching into the kings castle and taking it over.

He then preceeds to blow up cities one by one, based on a raffle.

He definatly seems the most sinister when he goes as far as to kill Shenlong, as well as Kuririn, Kame-Sennin, and Chaozu.

He's always struck me a just pure evil.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Kid Buu is the most evil, no question.

Goku states that the new form of Majin Buu that appeared after they had removed Gohan, Trunks, Goten, Piccolo and Good Buu (even Buu was scared of what he would become if this happened) that the new Buu was "pure evil".

Majin Buu's ability of absorbing other beings means that he does not only take on their power and appearance in certain ways, but he also inherits personality traits - this also applies to "good". We know that Buu has absorbed several of the Supreme Kais before he was sealed - ensuring that there is a decent ammount of "good" in him when he is first encountered, but when all of the absorbees are removed from Kid Buu he is exactly the way he was when he was created, and that is pure evil.

Others like Cell, Freeza, Tao Pie Pie, Bebi etc all were evil, but did things to serve their own purpose rarther than just relishing complete destruction. Kid Buu appears to have no other intelligence apart from that of destruction. You could argue that Li Shenron was pure evil, but even he did not exhibit the same beast-like qualities.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:03 pm

definition of the word 'evil' wrote:In religion and ethics, evil refers to the "bad" aspects of the behaviour and reasoning of human beings —those which are deliberately void of conscience, and show a wanton desire for destruction. In most cultures, the word 'evil 'is used to describe acts, thoughts, and ideas which are thought to (either directly or causally) bring about affliction and death
I kinda use that definition as a reference, and thus, I think that while Kid Buu is one kind of 'evil, while Piccolo Daimao (who I think is the most evil villain in Dragon Ball), Freeza, and Cell fall into another category.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:13 pm

I, for some reason or another, have to say Freeza. I mean, the guy has people displace and/or destroy entire civilizations, just so he could make a freakin' profit. If that doesn't spell evil to me, I really don't know what does.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Majin Cell
Not-So-Newbie
Location: I don't know where this place is but it sure is wierd.

Post by Majin Cell » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:02 pm

Well, I will have to pick Freeza. Why ? Because to me he was the definition of a sadistic psychopath. I mean he wiped out entire races for profit. Sometimes he wiped out not just races but entire planets was well, sometimes just for fun. He got the biggest joy out of torturing helpless, innocent people. And to top it all off he would laugh hystericaly while he did all this. Why did he do all this ? Simple, because he could. Oh, and lets not forget how he killed his own henchmen. Cell is actually my favorite villain/character but I give the title of most evil villain to Freeza.
It is impossible to improve upon perfection.

Pang_Tong

Post by Pang_Tong » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 pm

Frieza. He had a choice.

Buu was created evil, and Cell was programmed to kill and be strongest.

Frieza killed, maimed and tortured because he enjoyed it.
[i]"Pang Tong, upon arriving at his new position, found the job to be boring and indulged himself in wine and pleasure, rather than collecting taxes or administering justice."[/i]

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:25 am

I'm also going to say Freeza.

In short, I liked Cell because he had class, intelligence and style. Buu was a magic entity that was hilarious and yet so powerful at the same time. But Freeza? He's the ruthless one, and to be honest, he's got more character than most of the cast of DBZ combined. It's been shown well in the podcast.

I really do like that Cell, though. As I said, pure style.

Edit: Well, if it's strictly an evil thing, by the numbers it would be Kid Buu. But he couldn't even consider the lighter side. On the other hand, Freeza would have had to bury his conscience somewhere down the line, unless his race is just... born without them. :?

Kid Buu was just mindless evil, and could be forgiven and reincarnated as a good soul. Freeza had intelligence, and conscience or not, he knew perfectly well what he was doing. Given the chance to turn his life around, he decided instead to attack Goku when his back was turned.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:45 am

Well they're all pretty much evil in one way or another but to me the award goes to........... Broly, sure he's a movie character but geez the guy pretty much destroyed total planets (and the southern galaxy... sorta) on a whim, I mean really at least in certain battles again the big bad villians (minus Piccolo's third battle) they have at least made a fairly fair fight, (at least in my opinion) But man Broly pretty much just did whatever it took to kill people, pretty much striking at people head first (of course not until he struck out what you cared about) and that pretty much struck me as pure evil. But hey that's just IMO, I'm happy to hear comments on this little rant.

Well, that's my two cents, think of it what you will. :wink:
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:53 am

Frieza,

Very well said, my thoughts and many others' exactly I'm pretty sure. Frieza knew exactly what he was doing, even if he were to give mercy it would probably be for the simple pleasure of watching his victim die in agony.

Poor Kid Buu shouldn't be labeled ' Pure Evil ' He was an entity born without a choice, he had no purpose, he was created with the intent to kill. To him, it might have been simply like us learning how to work and speak. I don't even think Kid Buu even really understood what is wrong and what is right. He probably viewed every situation as 'fun' or 'not fun'.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:27 am

The very fact that Freeza killed Cargo (in the manga) and then later Dende right after transforming into his true form really says something.

Not only that, but he's such a dick and he knows it. XD

"Dear me. Everyone on this planet is so terribly stubborn. You and the children will have to die after all."

His lack of sympathy and compassion for others, even if they are loyal soldiers of his own truely makes him evil.

While Tao Pai Pai comes close, he's second to Freeza simply because of the fact that he's a simple hired assassin. Most of the killing he does is when money's involved. Freeza kills just about at any given time that he wants.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 am

Furiza is definatley the most evil.
-Think about how many he has killed, and how little regretted.
And how he tried to fool Goku...

MartianOddity
Beyond Newbie

Post by MartianOddity » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:27 am

Tao Pai Pai - Grown up in a peaceful world he had a choice whether to be good, evil or something in between. On can discuss his evil since he kills off his enemies as quick as possible to get his money, but he still had a choice in an otherwise good world. He, having so much good around himself, chose to be evil.

Piccolo Daimaioah - It wasn't his fault, it was Kami's who unleashed the evil he had seen on earth into that form. He wasn't evil by choice. Piccolo Jr. isn't the same person as him, so it doesn't count that he became good.

Vegeta - He was grown up in an evil enviroment. He was brought up to be evil and ruthless, and the fact that he turned good later on proves that he isn't the evilest one.

Freezer - Grown up in an evil enviroment he was steered into becoming evil and sadistic. Goku even tells Freeza to spend his time working on his better self. Goku saying such thing knows there's a little bit hope for the one he tells that too. Freeza is sort of like Vegeta, but a little bit worse. I'm sure Vegeta would've done the same as Freezer when he gained his power.

Dr. Gero - His evil is based on revenge and world domination. Calling him the evilest would be calling Pilaf the evilest too. He tried to have his revenge and the earth under his rule too.

Cell - He's programmed, it's not his fault.

Buu - Dito. He didn't choose to become evil, he was created as such.

My conclusion: Tao Pai Pai is the evilest.
Good people last longer!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:46 am

MartianOddity wrote:Tao Pai Pai - Grown up in a peaceful world he had a choice whether to be good, evil or something in between. On can discuss his evil since he kills off his enemies as quick as possible to get his money, but he still had a choice in an otherwise good world. He, having so much good around himself, chose to be evil.
That's quite the generalization you're making for your own planet. We really have no idea how Tao Pai Pai was raised. Maybe his parents were in the trade as well? Perhaps they spoon-fed him all sorts of crap about the worthlessness of human lives. I love Tao Pai Pai, but he doesn't reach the xenocidal levels of Freeza.
MartianOddity wrote:Freezer - Grown up in an evil enviroment he was steered into becoming evil and sadistic. Goku even tells Freeza to spend his time working on his better self. Goku saying such thing knows there's a little bit hope for the one he tells that too. Freeza is sort of like Vegeta, but a little bit worse. I'm sure Vegeta would've done the same as Freezer when he gained his power.
If you recall, Goku then realized the hopelessness of that happening when Freeza used the situation to attack Goku again. He then killed Freeza. Or at least legitimately tried.

You're also making assumptions about Freeza's environment as a child, without any concrete evidence. I mean, maybe his mom was really nice and steered him towards functional development. :wink: I guess that's quite unlikely, but the point still stands.

Dr. Gero? He's just crazy.

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:51 am

You can make a case for any of them. But I don't think Gero could be the most evil because he just had a grudge against Goku and against the whole world.

The future timeline of 17 and 18 were pretty evil. Killed countless of civilizations.

I think I would also have to say Janemba, Bojack, Hildergarn, and Cooler.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:32 am

Well, you can't really blame the villains for becoming what they were- we've all had times when we've consciously wished hurt upon someone, but refrained from doing so by people like our parents. It's like... a natural inclination, but soon it's drilled into our subconscious that it's wrong. However, for the villains such as Frieza... his actions weren't inhibited; he used his immeasurable power to get what he wanted, when he wanted. Nobody was there to stop him.

Now, tell the truth. Imagine that you're a young descendant of Frieza's race... with outstanding power. You could do anything. Would you obliterate the obstacle that stood in the way of getting what you wanted? I would have. :twisted: As children, we always attempt to get what we want- either by thrashing about or screaming. But... for human children, they soon learn they can't always have it their way.

Poor Frieza. He was just a victim of circumstance. He became accustomed to getting what he wanted with his awesome power. I still hate him though.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

MartianOddity
Beyond Newbie

Post by MartianOddity » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:01 am

Zackarotto wrote:
MartianOddity wrote:Tao Pai Pai - Grown up in a peaceful world he had a choice whether to be good, evil or something in between. On can discuss his evil since he kills off his enemies as quick as possible to get his money, but he still had a choice in an otherwise good world. He, having so much good around himself, chose to be evil.
That's quite the generalization you're making for your own planet. We really have no idea how Tao Pai Pai was raised. Maybe his parents were in the trade as well? Perhaps they spoon-fed him all sorts of crap about the worthlessness of human lives. I love Tao Pai Pai, but he doesn't reach the xenocidal levels of Freeza.
MartianOddity wrote:Freezer - Grown up in an evil enviroment he was steered into becoming evil and sadistic. Goku even tells Freeza to spend his time working on his better self. Goku saying such thing knows there's a little bit hope for the one he tells that too. Freeza is sort of like Vegeta, but a little bit worse. I'm sure Vegeta would've done the same as Freezer when he gained his power.
If you recall, Goku then realized the hopelessness of that happening when Freeza used the situation to attack Goku again. He then killed Freeza. Or at least legitimately tried.

You're also making assumptions about Freeza's environment as a child, without any concrete evidence. I mean, maybe his mom was really nice and steered him towards functional development. :wink: I guess that's quite unlikely, but the point still stands.

Dr. Gero? He's just crazy.
Of course I make generalizations, I know no other way to base my thoughts on :). Seriously, I don't think Freezer grew up well with his father that already was a great tyrant and probably killed a lot of innocents too. Yet his politeness may stem from a possible mother, who knows.
I understand your point of that Tao possibly could have a bad childhood and I can do nothing but agree (but many people, even if they get evil things smacked into their heads, turn out to be the opposite many times. I would count it as a 50-50 possibility). This puts the both of them in league to eachother in whats evil.

Now I think that Freezer seems to be the evilest, actually (the evilest by choice). I forgot to add another point that would change my statement in my last post:
Tao kills his enemies quickly, while Freezer kills them slowly and enjoys it very much. This is enough for me to see that Freezer is the evilest. Sadism is evil :).
Good people last longer!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:52 am

Me? Don't mind if I do!

Piccolo Daimao.

Why? He was born evil. I know he didn't really have a choice, but he destroys cities using a raffle. He frolicks in terror and despair. He kills because he can. He sends his lackeys to eliminate martial artists who beaar hardly any threat to him, but he kills them anyway, not really because he must, but because he feels like it.

2nd place: That guy who does bad stuff. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:49 am

I had a conversation about this on another forum about a year ago and my arguement against Freeza was that his parents probably raised him to be an evil person and probably never exposed him to the life of a good person.