Episode #0039 (20 August 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Wow, my email got read today! I was the one who asked about Freeza's race. This made my day! :D

tatsumaru12345

Post by tatsumaru12345 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:14 pm

You know, theres this slide card thing for the ps2 that lets you play import games really easily. You just take the front of the ps2 disc cover off to slide the card into it when you put in the disc to work the whole program. I found it a really simple solution to play any import games as its only about 30 to 50$. Just do make sure you get version 3.6.

Its nice to see the opening and ending to battle stadium d.o.n., but have you all thought about posting some gameplay clips? I can't find any videos for this games actual gameplay at all. Gosh, the barren wastleland that youtube is won't give me any results for gameplay videos either. Great postcast as always.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:20 pm

Ah, I feared the quality wasn't going to turn out well. I kinda did that second review last minute after I realized it had to be 1-2 minutes & didn't put it up to the quality sound of the podcast (in which I could've done). Oh well, in future reviews/appearances, I'll definitely fix that. As far as the podcast goes, I have to agree with the whole "F-R-I-E-Z-A" spelling. Very annoying. Keep up the great work.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:34 pm

Yea, if I don anything in the future. I'll just edit out all the times I say fuck. That should get it down to two minutes. (this was obviously a joke)
Anyways though, this game is either you love or you hate. I love having 40 minute battles because it gets intense and the struggle system helps that.

So, those that have the game, what do you and what do you not agree with?
I think that is an interesting question to stir up some discussion and maybe open up more of an idea of how the game is for those who don't have it.

Personally, I have no problem with the turning. Yes it does take a second, but it is not as bad as the FMA fighter. THAT has slow turning. As for characters being slow, like Freeza or Zoro. Personally, I find it fine. In this game, you basically have to find "your" character. If you need a fast one, go with that. If you like the slow, go for it. Someone may like the slow characters because of the moves they have.

Actually, Mike, if it is OK.. On the forum, could I possibly due a little thing for each character and how they work? For example myself and possibly a friend would talk for a few minutes on each character. Like I know there are enough D.O.N threads, but I am talking about one strictly for this. Also, I have Skype, so if anyone wants to join and I get permission to do this, just give a PM. So does that sound like a good idea?
- Life is a game, play it!

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:48 pm

DaemonCorps wrote: I was kinda surprised that Mr. Satan throwing 16's head to Gohan wasn't one of the top 5. I guess you didn't want two Cell Game moments?
Well, Gohan would've turned SSJ2 eventually, even without Mr. Satan and 16's interruption. But that method just saved him time and grief.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Man, that Naruto pronounciation. They say it better on the dub.

And I just looked in the volume and he says, "You're the first one who's ever put a speck of dust on my body...besides my parents." Remember an old site said they didn't like that line being said similar in the dub as they thought it meant Frieza was an abused child.

"Purple-Haired Kenshin". :lol:

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:55 am

Wait, was Nam acctually killed by Piccolo's Demon? I don't remember that in the Manga, was it filler?

I also whole heartidly agree with Meri's #1 Hercule moment.....but I would just like to point out, he sort of apologizes to Goku about taking the credit while he's in the middle of doing it, so that's kinda cool.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Kristiann
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kristiann » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:07 am

I too thought Gohan learning jutsu was absurdly cute XD He's such a smart and cute kid...

Great podcast!! Looking forward to Meri's next Top 5, hee hee~

EDIT: Hey, what version of "Sabitsuita Machine Gun..." is used for the podcast's ending? It's nice...
Last edited by Kristiann on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want [b][url=http://db.kittenthecat.com/features/high-spirited-saga]Songs of a High-Spirited Saga[/url][/b]?
[b]DBZ Movie Trailers![/b]: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jjm1JU43z0]Namek on Fire[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyPiWvvKxsk]Resident Evil[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhMaYs5OGfY]Pirates of the Galaxy[/url]
[url=http://kittenthecat.com]KittenTheCat.Com[/url] | [url=http://db.kittenthecat.com]Orange Star - A Personal Tribute to Dragon Ball[/url]

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:12 am

Oh hey, for what it's worth, I believe in the Viz Manga Freeza doe sinfact refer to "parents".

Oh, btw, I friggin love Trunks lightsaber.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:29 am

Shucks. Sorry I didn't reply to the offer of giving a review for D.O.N. Didn't exactly have time to really unlock a whole lot nor was work really allowing me the time to sit down and play and do a review. :p

In fact, the ONLY thing I've unlocked through that damn slot machine is Freeza (I will pretend there's no damn I in the name). >_o

I'm sure it was mentioned before this podcast, but I have to say that the faces of the Dragon Ball characters look rather..bad. For whatever reason, everyone looked like they should from One Piece and Naruto. But the Dragon Ball characters looked stiff, facial-wise. If you listen to Goku talking in a cheerful manner, we continuously see him with the "angry eyes" Toriyama's gone to use with Goku in the much later portions of Dragon Ball. One of the things I didn't like. :s

Overall though, it's definately a fun game worth playing with others.

Ah yes, allow me to also mention.

Luffy is broken to high hell. >__>
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:58 am

Great Podcast Guys!!

Meri's Top 5 was an enjoyable one, My favourite Satan moment was when he got punched by Trunks, I couldn't stop laughing. I also don't remember a mexican dub on any other movie other than Cooler's Revenge. The DON review was cool, espicially the Mr. Announcer Guy feature :lol:

Ah, Good Times....

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:35 am

Good episode! Good episode! Even if there was some negative things about the game this episode just made me more excited about the game (Which i will get in a few days, yay!). I actually like the D.O.N. opening better than the ending and i think I'm the only one who do that. Not only for the animation but also for the music. I totaly disagree with you that you cant sitt down and listen to the D.O.N. opening music like you can with the Budokai openings. I listen to it all the time on my Ipod! :D

I liked Meri's list too. Mr. Satan trying to kill Buu with a Game "Poy" - Hilarious! Mr. Satan did actually do something rather important in the Cell games tough, he threw #16's head to Gohan. Who know, without that Cell might have won the match.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:40 am

Great Saiyaman wrote:Wait, was Nam acctually killed by Piccolo's Demon? I don't remember that in the Manga, was it filler?
Yeah it was in the manga. It wasn't shown in either the manga or the anime, but it was confirmed in both by the news broadcast. Besided Krillin, Namu and Giran were the only confirmed victims of Tambourine's in the manga. In the anime filler he also offed King Chappa, Panpoot, Bacterian and the Man-wolf.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:29 pm

Had I known that you were taking reviews, I would've mentioned that I think, personally, maybe they threw some of the little Americanizations and such because they KNEW that this game didn't have a chance of coming out in the US, and they KNEW that a lot of importers would pick it up. Maybe a little overanalyzation as far as that goes, but it kinda makes sense when you think about it o.o

...>>...<<...BTW, I found this o.o

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Great podcast!

Glad to hear my e-mail being read... and yes Mike I am a laddy and not a lassy :wink: . Nice D.O.N. review... the Announcer feature was very interesting. I don't get why a Japanese video game would have a English announcer :roll: . I also cannot believe that dub mistakes from across the pond would be in a Japanese game! :lol: What the hell.... God knows Battle Stadium D.O.N. won't come out over here in North America for years...

Great stuff as always! I will e-mail again someday..when I have a good enough Dragonball question.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:00 pm

Kristiann wrote:I too thought Gohan learning jutsu was absurdly cute XD He's such a smart and cute kid...

Great podcast!! Looking forward to Meri's next Top 5, hee hee~

EDIT: Hey, what version of "Sabitsuita Machine Gun..." is used for the podcast's ending? It's nice...
I was wondering too.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:36 pm

Nice Podcast. After listening to it, I'm not sure I'm gonna get DON from Play-Asia for 65 bucks NOW. And from all the pictures I've seen of Mike, his appearance always drastically changes every time. o_o;

Note: F-f-f-f-Frieza...? No!!! Now I'm definatly not gonna get it. :x

Note #2: Sanji? No ciggy? Bastards...

Final Note: "NaR00toh!" Don'tcha just wanna kick that narrator in the groin, then run away, knowing you've made the world a better place? :P[/i]
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:57 pm

Kirbopher wrote: ...>>...<<...BTW, I found this o.o
Wow, I didn't know that existed! And it's 2 years old, to boot! I remember a chick taking our photo after we got our award, but I didn't think to look online for it. It's an actual okay photo of us for once! :shock:

Continuing the off-topic-ness, here's a picture from the 2005 AMV awards at AWA. Damn, my hair was THAT short a year ago!? Shit. (and I look really P.O.-ed... probably due to the fact that moments after this event, Mike and I had to run off to go be in the Iron Editor contest, so I was probably a nervous wreck).

*Ahem* Anywho, enough of my aside. Hope you found podcast was fun and informative!

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:23 pm

My favorite Mr Satan ( H ercule) moment is in the part on the dub when they are at the Cell Games.

Just before Gohan turns Super Saiyan 2, when Cell is trying to piss him off it goes to a scene with Satan and the gang and they are all talking about running away.

Then Mr Satan turns around and says,

'' No I am not running away you cowards I am going to stay and defeat this... this monster!''

Everybody else then goes wow your really going to stay and Satan starts creeping away when no one is looking, they all turn and go where are you going and he gives a responce of,

'' My belly aches I'm just going to go to the hospital you guys wait here I will be right back''

Something like that and then that is when Android 16 tells his to help him.

I just think this is a really funny moment and it cracks me up when I see it!

Good Podcast,by the way Meri you kind of look like what I expected in that photograph but Mike, wow he looked totally different!

I have a friend called Darren that looks just like you he really does, they say everybody in the world has five people or so that looks just like them and man we just need to find the other four. If he let's me upload a photograph I will, but after some of the posters I made of him in high school heh well anyways I will try.

Could take a while though, I wont be seeing him for the next few weeks.

I have a suggestion for a top 5 list,

How about Meris top 5 Piccolo moments, or moments when you see him become good.
- Scott

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:22 pm

ZOMGz the Vegeto EX-ness & the Meri-ness, what a cute couple.