Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Episode 104 (20 August 2017)

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 am

Elton Stryker wrote:
Artorias wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:The episode was cool, but Dragon Ball Super is such bullshit. I am so fucking sick of the lack of fucking explanations for anything in this asinine show. NO ONE even was phased that he used Super Saiyan God again, or how it is possible.

Fuck this shitty show. I may just drop it.
What explanation are you looking for exactly? They clearly said he's using SSG because it's better than regular SSJ, but doesn't drain stamina like SSB. What more do you want them to say? It's not like the show ever said "Goku can no longer use SSG", he just never used again up until this point. What's the problem exactly?
Maybe they forget Beerus line in BOG arc and movie about Goku absorption of god powers. Or in ROF when Goku says about Vegeta turning into god ki with training.
He absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God but it isn't explicitly stated he can't transform into Super Saiyan God again. And Episode 27, it's all but stated that Vegeta, through training with Whis and Goku, basically brute forced his way to become a Super Saiyan God with his own strength and made the power his own like Goku did.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 am

In the movie it's still stated Goku absorbed the power of God, but still transformed into it. Why one must exclude the other is quite baffling to. Out of all the problems coming with the return of the form, this is the least of it.

What? If a sponge absorbs water, does that mean you can't squeeze the water out and it's gone forever?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:12 am

Great episode, the only thing that pulls it down is bringing SSJ God without even bothering to mention it. There's been more than a couple of arcs since SSJ God's introduction, them not even batting an eye to it being absent since then is a head-scratcher. This isn't enough to ruin the episode and the anime has successfully lowered my expectations in regards to explanations from them.

The great success of the fight's in this episode was how strategy created immersion. There's was legitimate tension about mostly Dyspo, there's the hook of discovering how it worked and seeing Hit adapt and evolve to counter him. The fight wasn't flashy but it was highly entertaining.
One of the best fight's in Super easily.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, Goku totally used Manga's Vegeta's strategy against Goku Black and I mean it's exactly the same thing. :lol:

Another detail, it's seem characters are building up how seriously they are taking the tournament, in this episode Toppo at the end seems to be more affected.
I don't think it works effectively since, you know, they should be in serious mode from the start. Getting affected after losing 50% of their teams kinda makes everyone seem like fools.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:23 am

LightBing wrote: Another detail, it's seem characters are building up how seriously they are taking the tournament, in this episode Toppo at the end seems to be more affected.
I don't think it works effectively since, you know, they should be in serious mode from the start. Getting affected after losing 50% of their teams kinda makes everyone seem like fools.
I think it just dawned on him that they might not have the stamina to survive, there is no more fodder to defend them, it's just the three of them and they're are barely a third of the way into the tournament. That's a daunting place for anyone taking the situation seriously.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 am

WOW! What a great episode! 8.5/10 IMO!!!
- Loved Champa and his vuvuzela, wasn't expecting him to show up with one, I wonde if his earth was going through the 2010 World Cup. :lol:
- The animation, especially on the scenes where Hit starts his Time Skip and when Dyspo is saved. :thumbup:
- The Goddamn music was so good when Goku and Hit started to beat the crap out of Dyspo and Hunski. :clap:
- They explained why he used it and I'm okay with that. :thumbup:
- Loved Toppo just saying "Cut this Justice crap, it's either erase or be erased" :twisted:
- My only negative point is that SSG didn't get a great reintroduction, it wasn't bad but I expected more than just showing up with it.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 am

I both hate and loved this episode... I'm conflicted.
So besides SSJG's initial appearance.. for God knows how long he was just able to go SSJG again at will? despite Beerus saying he absorbed it? bullcreepingshit Beerus you're literally a bag full of lies! I cant stretch this enough but never will I believe anything you say you damn cat!!

But my love for SSJG stopped me from hating the episode completely, despite the nonesense I was grinning like an idiot for the most part, well until Goku went blue again, so I was changing expressions throughout the ep, everytime he goes blue I frown, when he reverts back to SSJG I grin.
As I said before I like it when there are actually 3 characters from different universes fighting, this in a way kinda did it? but Goku and Hit were sort of like helping each other out, well its close enough.

SSJG Goku's entrance was epic as hell... was funny when Hit was trying to tell Goku about the blue dude's power but he be like "I dont give a fuck, CHAAAARGE!" he's literally high and I liked how he did that, there are times that I adore Goku doing stupid shit in a fight, shows he's so happy and excited, their interactions were great..
[spoiler]Hit: I dont need your help.
Goku: I didnt come here to help you.

Hit: Son Goku, that guy is my prey.
Goku: Then try and stop me.

Hit: Careful! he's....
Goku: I.Dont.Care![/spoiler]

Hit was such a badass this episode, his lines were amazing.
The art and animation were very solid this episode.

Dyspo is literally Flash.
Jiren's superman, and he's still boring af.. do.something!
6/10, just because of SSJG.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am

This episode shows there aren't fillers in Super.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:54 am

A really well-done episode, maybe the best I've seen so far after the first two ToP eps. Everything about the episode was nice - the choreography, the ideas, and the pacing didn't feel bad at all. It was one of those episodes where I was getting sadder as time passed because I knew the episode would eventually end.

My main problem was that the tournament begins to feel like a graveyard. Like, there was literally nothing happening besides from Hit, Goku, Bugs Bunny and Battletoad fighting each other. This is something that simply doesn't sit right with me. I get it if the animators can't draw ten different fights which happen for a second just to give me the illusion of a battle royal but at least add those background explosions like you did in the first ToP episode just to help my suspension of disbelief. Heck, just add the SOUNDS if you can't even do the explosions. Give the viewer the impression that while those four are kicking their lights out, other stuff happens in the meantime.

Holy crap, Roshi ... how many fighters are you going to fight next episode? Something tells me the Turtle Hermit will put Krillin and Tien to shame. His 'training' with Puar also looks like it will be put to the test with not one, but quite possibly two seductresses.

Can't wait for Frieza's episode. Hope he teams up with Goku to fight Toppo or Jiren.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 am

I didn't like giving credit to Goku with that whole switching from SSG to SSB stuff. It's kinda forced and unnecessary. I hope Vegeta won't be shafted in this tournament.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:03 am

Mercenary wrote:I didn't like giving credit to Goku with that whole switching from SSG to SSB stuff. It's kinda forced and unnecessary. I hope Vegeta won't be shafted in this tournament.
It wasn't made out to be such a big deal though, and wasn't shown as the cornerstone of Goku's strategy. So it's not entirely the same as with Vegeta.
Draconic wrote:In the movie it's still stated Goku absorbed the power of God, but still transformed into it. Why one must exclude the other is quite baffling to.
Because you can't both have the power of SSj god in base and bother transforming into SSj God. What's the point?

Also, the writers probably realized, among other things, that it would be silly to have base Goku stronger than SSj Goku, so SSj God had to reappear to set the power scaling straight.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:08 am

So has Jiren only said "get lost" so far, don't remember him saying anything else... it is weird there isn't anything interesting about him but I am interested in seeing him in proper action, effects of marketing I guess!!! I wasn't a huge Hit fan before but this episode he owned, I am hoping this is what saves Jiren having interesting techniques/strategy and what not.

Also SSGSS looked so on point here!!! :D
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Of course the album has been updated
Also SSG with SSGSS aura was kind of awesome!!!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This was also kinda cool too:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Overall pleasent episode even though SSG ended up feeling more "fan service-y" and less "plot required" but ehh I am cool with it, seeing it again as pointless as it was, was cool though watching the dub it really hasn't felt like it had been gone long lol.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:12 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: This was also kinda cool too:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Overall pleasent episode even though SSG ended up feeling more "fan service-y" and less "plot required" but ehh I am cool with it, seeing it again as pointless as it was, was cool though watching the dub it really hasn't felt like it had been gone long lol.
God, this series needs more impact frames during transformations. Only a handful of animators on the show acutally use them.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:17 am

The speed warrior arrives! Looks like as long as it's not giant monsters, Dyspo is pretty darn dangerous!

As much as I wish SSG's return was explained, it was okay. Plus, this was a very Hit-centric episode, so that's always a plus!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:19 am

Thoughts on the episode... It was really good.

[spoiler]I'm starting to think we as viewers are underestimating the spacial dimensions of the arena. How else can sequestered make-shift leveled surfaces be conveniently framed to accommodate every one on one duel there is under the artificial light? Several dozen characters are still active in the arena but hardly any of them appears to be satisfying the intended principles of this tournament by partaking in multi-sided fights against other universes at the same time while cutting in on other fights that might be going on elsewhere. We did see Goku intervene on Hit's behalf, but he clarified that it was motivated chiefly by his ethics as a fighter about having a disproportionate amount of enemies attacking a single person at the same time; not that Goku is incapable of cooperating with others to fight a mutual enemy. Just several episodes back #18 helped break the stranglehold Tupper and Zoiray had on him. Immediately afterwards you can see Goku following the cyborg's lead by attacking Zoiray's pursuant vortex. Such moments aren't as common as they should be, though. Maybe this recent episode could have inspired a different reaction from me if Goku had actually insisted on using teamwork with Hit. Given the assassin's vocational inspired modus operandi, however, that might be asking for too much. It was still nice to see them acknowledge each other for the important role they played in driving back the Pride Troopers.

What's interesting is how Dyspo and the Pride Troopers as an organisation in whole seems to have a profile detailing Hit's character right down to the illicit temporal disruption he has. Could they have gotten this information from Belmod and Khai? The gods of Universe 11 would represent their most tangible link to the multiverse at large. How often would they meet? I can't remember but maybe it's not too often? We saw Universes 7 and 6 share in recreational activities with one another effortlessly during a filler episode and again when Hit was hired to kill Goku so it must not be too difficult for cross-universal visitations to occur. Those two universes happen to be partner worlds, however. Would it be as simple for Universe 11 to send members of its realm to one of those two in order to investigate the character information of a lone fighter? I don't think Jaco or the Galactic King expressed awareness of Hit's identity prior to the U6 tournament. Maybe it can be chalked up to a simple case of the Pride Troopers having a superior info network. I also remember Hit's fight with Goku during the Champa arc becoming public domain on Godtube. Anyone could apparently observe it since Gowasu and Zamasu did so in Universe 10. It would be a simple enough matter for Belmod, Khai, or the Pride Troopers themselves to uncover the video on Godtube then analyse it in preparation for this important event.

Dyspo certainly appeared to be hostile enough towards Hit. It wasn't enough that they were opposing competitors fighting for the survival of their respective universes. Dyspo needs to vilify his opponent as a being who warrants the formal disciplinary execution of fighters who act on behalf of the system of order. Maybe it's not unwarranted. Hit is technically an outlaw for contractually murdering people and twisting the space-time continuum with his Tokitobashi. More than formalities that honour justice, though, Dyspo acknowledged his intention of "vanquishing" Hit as an act representative of the dignity and prestige his world represents. Sad to say but his later demeanour as a leery cackling overbearing thug doesn't help to reinforce this positive image. If anything, the roles seemed reversed with Dypos acting as the domineering aggressor while Hit was playing the role of a persecuted victim trying to survive. I suppose the studio needs to make the imagery and conduct of its characters steer us towards rooting for one of these two, though. Hit happened to be the lucky beneficiary since the arbitrator of justice was portrayed almost like he was beating on a hapless victim. We know Hit was restraining himself, but without this foresight I could understand why it might appear that way to some. The fact Kale and Caulifla happen to be concealed in some debris nearby like Hit was guarding them while they recovered helps to reinforce this strange reversal of moral roles. Dyspo has come to pick off two exhausted girls who are trying just to survive... After they put themselves into this vulnerable position in the first place by foolishly indulging in this asinine pursuit for "high-inducing" thrills and going after the Pride Troopers -- of which they ultimately succeeded in eliminating three of the five whom they made enemies of. Gosh! Now I'm beginning to see Dyspo in a less malignant light; not enough to make me feel compelled enough to support him against Hit, though. It's still very fortunate that Goku appeared onto the scene when he did. I question Hit's ability to defeat both of his opponents on his own.

Dyspo's acute hearing discerning the timing of Hit's Tokitotobashi was very impressive. What I take issue with is the verifiable inferiority in power he has next to his superiors -- the hyper-accelerative momentum he relies upon to outpace Hit's Tokitobashi at the moment of anticipating its usage during that critical moment is a creative and reasonable means for overcoming it, but would the integrity of his body hold up under such duress? It's asserted that only his speed increases, not strength or durability. What this suggests is that his power remains consistently the same. Are we to believe that equational physics are at work here? Toppo explains for the viewer how Dyspo has somehow surpassed the speed of sound and light -- nevermind that such a feat would be violated the laws of physics and is therefore impossible, but this is fiction so I guess we're expected to overlook such details. Infinite Mass Punch then? I can't believe that. Wouldn't Hit have been obliterated in that case? I feel compelled to believe that Toppo's description was just hyperbole. Vegetto was probably thousands of times more powerful than Goku and Vegeta, yet you don't hear of him destroying general relativity with his speed and power. What we do know is that neither Champa or Zeno could perceive what was going on; this lends credence to the theory of Zeno's power not being correlative to his erasure capability. However, it also throws into doubt the relative increase in power experienced by Vegetto due to the Potara. Champa and Beerus are about on-par with each other. If Champa is unable to fully register what's going on then Beerus must be the same way. In the manga's rendition of the Merged Zamasu battle, Kaioshin takes the time to make a comparison of SSJB Vegetto with Beerus; he admits to the fused warrior having surpassed the Hakaishin, though the uncertainty of the notion leads me to believe that the disparity might not be large, kind of like when Piccolo wasn't entirely certain if Majin Vegeta was stronger than Kid Gohan at the Cell Games (implying they were still loose power rivals). Couldn't this also mean Jiren is actually the ningen who is stronger than Hakaishin? Dyspo's characteristic acceleration specialty was enough to throw Champa for a loop. I'm skeptical of Jiren not having speed superior to his subordinate as this series tends to interpret physical traits and successional power scaling in a linear context. Like Burter in the Ginyu Force, he may be faster than those around him, but slower in comparison to his superior officers like Ginyu and Freeza. In the end, I feel a bit more convinced that Jiren is the ningen in question.

I agree with the others who feel the banter in the stands between Champa and Vados was entertaining. Petty and spiteful as always, I see. Any kind of difficult adversity makes him flustered enough to severely undermine the feat or discredit its adherency to the rules of the tournament. I proposed several weeks back that Beerus was starting to broaden his personality some by showing just a bit more composure when things aren't going completely his way. He's demonstrating more self-control than I would have anticipated from him. The typical conniving pettiness of his disposition isn't clouding his thoughts as usual, even though he can still act flagrant and comically annoyed at times. Back to Champa and Vados -- you have to enjoy the ironic disclosures of obvious information and Vados' straight man-esque jabs at Champa for trying to spin it as a slur against Beerus. I'll concede that he's right about one thing -- Beerus and Dyspo do have taut chiseled features. Champa's face makes for more visually accommodating comedic stunts. I have to say he's more enjoyable than Beerus in that department, even if his personality can be less enjoyable at times.

If your technique was truly fast enough to shatter relativity, Dyspo, then Hit should have been obliterated. It's just another reason for my being incredulous about Toppo's allegations. Being faster than him is one thing, but if his postulation were actually true then would there be anything that could actually stand up to Dyspo in this tournament? The propulsion of his attack would render even some of the Hakaishin helpless, especially if the effects of such an attack were scientifically accurate. Hit would have no grounds to be confident as he would be obliterated. Dyspo would be removed from the tournament on the grounds he killed someone, a fact which Champa would doubtlessly be screaming to do away with one of U11's most powerful members. Zeno and Daishinkan would have no choice but to oblige in removing him. Berlmod and Khai would surely be chastising their participant for using such fatal measures in an event that expressly prohibits killing. It's not the case, though, is it? Hit is attacked using this same speed again and he still appears to be in-tact. Here's hoping that Toppo was just exaggerating like Piccolo did in one of the early dubs as he commented on Raditz's speed; another irony in itself as Piccolo described him as being faster than light.

This may already seem obvious to a lot of people, but doesn't Marcarita's assessment of Hit as being Universe 6's premier fighter discredit any questionability that may have arisen with Kale's resisting SSJB Goku's Kamehameha? To me it seemed obvious that Goku was heavily restricting himself but some others appeared to be not so convinced. Marcarita has been monitoring the fights like anyone else. She's definitely made herself eligible enough to function as a verbal clarifier for this power tier listing. Hit also happens to represent more to Universe 6, according to Khai. Being the strongest of the group, he would logically be carrying the morale of his team. Should he fall then it might throw things into disarray. Most of Universe 6 isn't remaining close to one another so they can pose as mutual assistance to one another. By and large, it's been pairings with no more than three fighters at a time helping each other; that doesn't speak very well to U6's camaraderie with each other as a whole unit. Saonel, Pilina, Frost and Dr Rota don't appear to be inclined to helping people whom they may not even know too well either. Putting this disarray into written words is making me rethink Khai's observation. Would many of U6's fighters truly be fretting if Hit were eliminated? I could understand the Saiyans and Magetta fretting since they have a connection to the assassin. But the Namekians, Frost and Dr Rota may not be too concerned. We didn't see any reactions from them as Kale was going about shooting blindly at everyone and decimating the arena. Still, unless they exceed our expectations in their performances, demoralising the Saiyans sounds like it would be enough as they happen to the most powerful fighters U6 has to offer after Hit. Frost is probably hinging his personal safety in the tournament on the alliance he made with Freeza; should it actually result in them directly collaborating then he might be safe for a good portion of the remaining tournament. I think Freeza was confirmed to be on-par with Goku; the only significant dangers that could throw his position into jeopardy are Toppo, Jiren, and maybe Dyspo.

To Hit -- surely you must remember when Goku began to outpace the time distortion of your Tokitotobashi with the speed enhancement given by the Kaioken, right? I'm surprised he didn't recall that as he was connecting the pieces to Dyspo's technique's mechanics. It seemed like would have been appropriate to cite and bring up to the viewer as it corresponds to the situation Hit is faced with in this fight. Speaking of which, Goku described the hyper-acceleration's line of movement as straightforward in its trajectory. However, you can clearly see Dyspo shifting the positioning of his body to weave left and right like he's trying to confuse Hit. So I wouldn't call the technique entirely one-dimensional in its manoeuvrability. Moreover, the collision between them seemed to occur in midair, did it not? Somehow Dyspo was able to retain the momentum long enough to descend back down and then skid into a backwards facing position opposite of where Hit is. I don't see how that's linear. Yes, the technique may not be appropriate for situations that necessitate dynamic moving and dexterity, but it's still more versatile than running in a straight line. On that note, why is Dyspo under the impression that his ability can't be countered? It sounds an awful like Piccolo's sensitive aural faculty. Sure, Dyspo might be able to discern the precise frequency made by Hit's muscles, but there's nothing that says his hearing can't be destroyed. A sound with enough vibrational force to cause 120 decibels or higher would result in instantaneous permanent damage to the eardrum. Imagine how much worse it would be for someone with heightened perceptual hearing like Dyspo. Those senses can act as a double-edged sword if the right force is applied.

Once again, I agree with the general sentiment of Champa providing some worthwhile comedic relief this episode. The Vuvuzela reference was really good. Although you have to wonder if using such a device by a member of the audience wouldn't constitute as outside assistance. Baba did the same to nullify Yamcha's anticipation of the Invisible Man's through sound, but I don't recall that disqualifying her fighter. A number of fighters in the Tournament of Power have enhanced auditory perception, including Champa's own Namekians. It sounds like he would be shooting himself in the foot by impairing his own fighters. Granted, helping Hit to obtain the leverage he needs to overcome and defeat Dyspo might be worth the sacrifice for Champa -- as mentioned previously, we know next to nothing about Saonel and Pilina. For all we know they could be drastically weaker than Piccolo. It would suggest their worth is not much greater than the humans or common rabble of this tournament. I hope this isn't the case because the Namekians need more representation, in my opinion. I feel like a great many of us can agree on that issue. What I also find humourous is the fact cats in real life are known to have very acute hearing as well, able to hear a great many worth of auditory pitches. You would think this factoid might be considered when Champa is proposing to use an instrument to disrupt Dyspo's hearing. I would hope for Beerus to make a complaint about it as well.

Yeah, the fact Dyspo can continually make impactful damage through varying attacks coming at all directions makes the impression that Goku's assessment was a tad bit off even stronger. It also leads me to discount Toppo's remark because "greater than light speed" would suggest heavy damage no matter how much the opponent is able to steer away from attacks to vital areas. I also don't quite understand what Toppo meant by Hit adjusting himself to account for Dyspo's speed. I thought it was only through the Tokitobashi that HIt's performance made strides. Should we assume that Dyspo's circumferential barrage of attacks are being accelerated in the midst of Hit's technique and we're just perceiving the fight from the other Pride Troopers' perspective? It sounds like the best explanation for Hit progressively reacting to Dyspo's attacks. No matter what, I do give credit to Toppo for understanding what Hit's ploy was -- even when not having awareness of Hit's dimensional transfer and intangibility. The assassin had his opponent dead to rights before Kunshi intervened -- of which I have a difficult time reconciling with Dyspo's seeming incapability to rescue himself by using any number of improvised tactics. Remember when Goku used Kaiten Kōgeki to rescue himself from falling out of bounds against Tenshinhan during the 23rd tournament? How about when Jackie Chun exploited the propulsion of the Kamehameha to reclaim his footing? Dyspo could have even dug his hands and feet into the surface of the arena's mass for adhesive to break his fall, albeit that would have put himself into a vulnerable position for Hit to exploit. I know what the studio was meaning to do by giving Kunshi's introduction some meaning, but it was given at the cost of Dyspo's ingenuity as an elite member of the Pride Troopers. Zeno and his ilk are also awfully fixated on a lone fight. Why hasn't your attention been dedicated to the chaotic upheaval supposedly going on all around? Again, it feels like we're being detached from the overall ambiance of this being a battle royale. Zeno's childish naivete does serve as a fitting contrivance for hyping Kunshi's intervention, but it sacrifices the believability of this event's pandemonium themed setup when he's only showing interest in one or two fights at a time.

How can someone who is purported to be faster than the speed of light using his technique have time to make exclamations or for others around him to comment on his mistake? Terminal velocity is dictated by mass and acceleration. If this narrative of Toppo's was accurate then Dyspo should have been eliminated immediately, not freefalling at a generic speed for someone who is obviously weaker to catch him at. Remember this -- Kunshi tried to attack Roshi just two episodes ago and his attack was avoided by the old hermit. You could chalk it up to Kunshi not putting too much force into the attack, but in this very episode his energy threads proved resistant enough to hinder the likes of Hit. I guess the respective attacks have vastly conflicting emissions of power. One is easily avoidable by a man weaker than the Base Saiyans while the other can restrain a god-tier opponent like Hit. Don't know how this conclusion is reached. Should we liken it to Chaozu using his paralysis arts to briefly hold Goku in place several arcs back? I think so. Kunshi is stronger than Roshi, no doubt, but some of these feats do tack on some needlessly convoluted layers of power scaling which we have to try and find a rational explanation for.

As with the five Pride Troopers from three weeks back, I have to confess to liking the team spirit and camaraderie shown between Dyspo and Kunshi. It's obvious they care about each other's well being enough to put themselves on the line for a friend. The wording he used to describe Hit as some quintessential pariah also hearkens back to what I mentioned above concerning the Pride Troopers' antagonistic prescribing of Hit. Where's the outrage at #18 for casually tossing out Cocotte? Is this new-found disgust for Hit based on the man's unscrupulous career as a killer for hire -- because if it is then I can easily agree with the sentiment. The Pride Troopers appear to be the sort who find it highly objectionable to be done in by a criminal, especially one who flaunts their illegality in the form of temporal distortion. #18 was a delinquent with a pension for callously threatening death on people; her actions even resulting in the death of a man as she fought Vegeta back in the Cell arc. How would the Pride Troopers know about any of this, though? I question whether Godtube would have recorded a domestic event like this or not -- not even the quadrant overseer knew about what was going on until Goku teleported to his world and explained things for him. So when you look at like that, I guess Hit would be more likely to find himself put into the crosshairs of the Pride Troopers as his actions happen to be recorded for the multiverse to see. He's even shown a willingness to traverse universes in pursuit of contracts. The Pride Troopers would have just cause to feel overt hostility towards this seasoned assassin. If everyone is revived then the Pride Troopers might find their jurisdiction being trespassed as Hit carries out his killings.

"That Hit isn't just an average warrior for sure." You think, Toppo? The whole premise of this tournament is to pit the multiverse's strongest against one another. I would be questioning the competency of the universes' gods if they decided to cut corners by inducting some feeble novice who can barely make a fist. Don't you mean he's a freakish mutant amongst the mutants already gathered? Hit wielding strength greater than the fourth tier gods already makes him eligible for a category of exceptional figureheads that hardly anyone ever glances.

I'm going to assume that Dyspo abstained from using his hyper-acceleration technique as he was exchanging blows with Hit. If he persisted in using it then Hit must have improved his Tokitobashi enough to mitigate the effects of a speed increase that exceeds the collective multipliers of Super Saiyan forms many-fold. If that were the case then no one could stand up to Hit, assuming Dyspo was in fact the fastest character during that instance which I don't believe. One other grievance I take with the notion of characters' instincts being purposefully degenerated to allow for someone to appear good by comparison is Hit allowing himself to be pulverised by Dyspo just because his ankle was ensnared by Kunshi's Ki threads. Your opponent didn't change up their tactics in an auspicious way. In fact, for Dyspo to limit the means for attacking by just pummeling away with his fists directly attests to the contrary. Your hands aren't encumbered, Hit. Repositioning your footing may not be possible, but you can still navigate your upper body to block and avoid your opponent's attacks. It's not that difficult a concept. Can this be attributed to the studio wanting to glorify Dyspo and Kunshi's teamwork? The only other explanation for Hit's lapse in judgement is that he was caught off guard by the sudden mobility restriction and Dyspo took advantage of it by driving his fists constantly into the assassin's face. Either way, that teamwork element that exists in Universe 6 seemed to be on the cusp of being explored in greater depth with Caulifla volunteering herself to fight before Goku popped his face in like unwanted acne appearing to sully the features of an otherwise attractive face. Is there anyone else who was interested to see how a Hit/Caulifla dynamic would have played out? Just because she's damaged and tired doesn't mean she couldn't have contributed by holding Kunshi at bay while Hit deals with Dyspo. She doesn't appear to be the most tactically inclined, but a stalling manoeuvre doesn't require much thinking.

Now we get to the climactic promotional event of the episode -- Goku and Hit team up. For some reason he's emerged in Super Saiyan God mode with no explainable cause whatsoever; this reeks of Toyotaro's handiwork. With how the form's resurgence was portrayed you only added fuel to the proverbial flames that is unanswered plot points. Why did Goku neglect to use this form in the many battles where he felt the strain of SSJB overtaking him? You can't answer these questions or give the fighters around Goku who have never witnessed SSJG before the correct reactions of stupefaction but you can certainly take from Vegeta's gambit in the manga and apply it to Goku. Why? No reason other than to reinforce this pointless idea that anything Vegeta does, Goku can match it. Nothing is exclusively sacred for the Saiyan Prince, is there? Mind you, this is coming from someone who doesn't care too much for Vegeta. Tell me Goku, did your body start "itching" when Puar and Upa were paired up to defeat Dracula Man? No? How about when you agreed to work with Piccolo to defeat Raditz? Did you feel anything when Krillin, Gohan, and Yajirobe all fought in your place against Vegeta? It seems like such a horrendous double standard when you look back at similar events. Although I can understand the dissimilarities pointed out between these events since two of the previously mentioned happened to involve opponents whom Goku felt first-hand that were beyond his league. Maybe it was the condition of someone whom Goku felt attached to as a rival that compelled him into action. I would feel some admiration for Goku in that case. But then I also notice Goku spitting in Hit's face by depriving him of his original opponent and I just feel contempt for the Saiyan.

Why would Whis make specific reference to SSJG's enhanced speed and not its power entirely when comparing it to the original golden transformations? Speed appears to the central determinant in this fight so maybe Whis felt it necessary to verbally prioritise over other physical aspects. Since we're focusing on the spectating gods, I do believe that Beerus has a point. Champa should be expressing gratitude for his star competitor being rescued. I don't much doubt that Hit could have escaped either by using his abilities or through Caulifla getting involved, but with how the battle shifted through Goku involving himself Universe 6 doesn't have to risk exposing more of its fighters and abilities in a battle that's not guaranteed. Goku becoming involved extinguished what meagre doubt there was in Hit possibly being eliminated. Belmod and Khai's self-assurances of victory became misplaced as a result. You saw firsthand how much power Goku could emit through combining SSJB with Kaioken. How can you still think Dyspo and Kunshi alone would suffice in overwhelming a fighter who can stand shoulder to shoulder with Toppo along with the man who fought him to a standstill in the previous tournament that was recorded on Godtube? The two gods should have called for Toppo to get involved the moment Goku touched down -- even if Goku is foolishly self-limiting himself he can still quickly access that power displayed during the exhibition matches. Dyspo can't be in two places at once with these fighters.

Seems like we underestimated Kunshi again. The small Pride Trooper shoots a nondescript blast that casual Roshi can avoid while in the next breath he's withstanding the brunt impact of a Dyspo who was kicked by SSJG Goku. Anyone remember when the momentum of Goku punching Piccolo Daimao caused the Namekian to go careening backwards right into Piano, killing the deformed spawn on the spot? How about Beerus swinging Buu's unconscious body into Gohan, causing him to be severely crippled? The studio sure doesn't. I mean yes, Kunshi is infinitely more powerful than Piano was, but he doesn't strike me as the power oriented type. I feel inclined to classify him in the same group of fighters who use enhanced Ki based abilities to gain advantages like Guldo and Kaioshin. I don't perceive him to be comparable with God-tier fighters. Still, he can follow the movements of Hit while he's attacking Dyspo. Regardless of whether Hit was holding back or not, that was still an impressive feat on Kunshi's part. What's also impressive is him brandishing offensive attacks with enough power to prompt Hit into deflecting them. You didn't see Freeza show much reaction when Nail attempted to blast him with a Ki attack, the same applies to Piccolo's Light Grenade used on Imperfect Cell. Kunshi's generic attack is avoidable for Roshi yet it's still powerful enough to make Hit deflect them. Yes... I'm going to subscribe to the notion of him regulating his power against each respective opponent.

The hyper-acceleration's capacity for being successionally used doesn't sound like something that should be in question. Dyspo already used it to alternate the movement of his body before descending back to the ground and facing away from Hit some time back. What we see could be his seizing multiple instants to use the enhanced speed. But if we're to assume the momentum hasn't decreased from exhaustion as he was fighting Goku, the Saiyan should have been incapacitated. Or was Hit's personal restraining enough to only make him comparable with Super Saiyan God? You really have to make a lot of leaps to explain these distorted actions of the characters. SSJG is getting blitzed only for Goku to prove himself fast enough to react using SSJB. Using Dyspo's quantitative measure of how much his speed increases by, do we conclude that SSJB provides a multiplier exceeding the thousands in relation to SSJG? I can't see how that's possible. Champa was left perplexed by the speed Dyspo was using in those instances. We know Goku is nowhere near either Hakaishin. Dyspo must have tired himself out in his fight with Hit considerable. How can you otherwise make sense of Goku noticing a technique that surprised Champa? Even if Champa was monitoring the progress of the fight in a relaxed state with less than 1% of his power in use, that still far exceeds what Goku is able to project at his strongest. It doesn't explain how Vados can follow it since she would presumably be in a relaxed state as well.

In the interest of wanting to know more about the mechanics of Kunshi's Ki threads, I ask for something that was deterring Hit from escaping the combustible field of threads. Kunshi could have steered the threads upwards in pursuit of Hit, but there was nothing to prevent Hit from using the alloyed surface his feet are resting on to generate a dustcloud via explosive trampling in which he could escape, attack, or use the resultant air pressure to upend the threads and have them gusted back at Kunshi for him to endure their full wrath. As an alternative, he could have used his Tokitobashi to give him the time to tunnel under the surface and attack from below. Please don't mistake me. I enjoyed watching Hit use his ranged Shunken Ensatsu to defeat Kunshi in one strike. It's very appropriate for an assassin who dispatches his targets quickly. I'm just pointing out some other ways Hit could have defeated Kunshi without revealing his most deadly technique.

Really good strategic feinting on Hit's part. Something that I'm taking issue with is how Dyspo could not have anticipated Hit's attack if he was relying on his hyper-acceleration to lunge forward. From a relativistic standpoint, Hit should have been standing still. Dyspo would have had ample time to avoid the punch. What I will say is that Goku looks positively barbaric in his approach to battling Kunshi -- all of this meticulous care not to set off the explosive threads on Hit's part and Goku just muscles his way through with nary a scratch on his person. Who looks the most attentive and strategic in this situation? While Hit is mustering unpredictable attack patterns to throw Dyspo off, Goku is blasting away at Kunshi like a child throwing objects. I legitimately got more satisfaction in Hit and Dyspo's banter than I did with Goku "fighting" Kunshi. Dyspo, what do you mean the word "surrender" isn't in the Pride Troopers vocabulary? Your group must have overseen the formal capitulation of every organisation it's toppled. How would that not constitute as surrendering? Kunshi resigned himself to mutual elimination when he attacked Hit. It may not be surrender outright but it's fairly close, self-defeatism and all that. As for the observing parties of U11, why weren't Toppo and Jiren jumping in to assist their ailing teammates? They have the time to stage an ideological reprioritisation, a cool one at that, but saving Kunshi is somehow outside of their control? I refuse to belief that. Toei just wanted to ensure Hit's efforts saw some kind of reward. And where does Goku get off wagging his finger in Hit's face about Dyspo belonging to him? You had virtually no involvement in that specific subset of the battle. You should bugger off to someone else who wants to see your face dejectedly hung low up in the stands. Don't go undermining Hit his hard fought victory.

My general impression of the episode is that it certainly lived up to its hype. It's what strategic combat should be like in Dragon Ball. I do admit to taking many faults with some of the words spoken and actions undergone, most notably with Goku's arrival onto the scene as an SSJG. I agree with those who feel drudging up that form was totally unnecessary. I mean what did it accomplish other than sullying Vegeta's clever tactic in a different medium? You could have restructured the arrangement so that Goku changes out between SSJ2 and SSJB. Super Saiyan God failed to provide anything truly substantive to the battle that couldn't have been swapped out with something out, and that's for the limited amount of participating Goku received. I wish he would refrain from showing his irritating face in every fight that's going on. He had no right deprive Hit of his "prey". But on that note, the combat between Dyspo and Hit was superb. The strategic cleverness and intuition of Hit was spot on. Dyspo represented what Burter should have been back in the Freeza arc, no "faster than the speed of light" pedestaling, however. Toppo's comment there was one of my biggest grievances with the episodes. The laundry list of discordant feats being added to an already existent mountain of inconsistency didn't help things either. I commend the writing for reinforcing the bonds and friendship felt between the Pride Troopers. It was yet another highlight of the episode. Kunshi wasn't nearly as engrossing as Dyspo, but he still managed to prove himself a likable character with interesting abilities for the short amount of screentime he was granted. The dynamics of the Hit/Goku "team-up" seem awfully similar to the early Z Goku and Piccolo cooperation, as others have mentioned. I don't have much else to say about it because I wish Goku wouldn't show is face in literally episode like it's imperative he at least make a cameo even when a situation doesn't have anything to do with him. The final dialogue between the two of them about settling the score between them later on gives me a faint inkling that they may perhaps have another fight. I'm still expecting for Vegeta to battle Hit. One other positive note about the episode was the concern Caulifla felt for Hit as he was being bombarded with attacks. You wouldn't think that a dynamic would exist between them like that but it does. I might be in the minority of fans who wouldn't have minded if Caulifla fought in Goku's stead.

Next episode is the long awaited Roshi-centric escapade. It looks like he's going to be pitted against Universe 4 primarily. You can catch a glimpse of Magetta battling someone. Could he be confronting Roshi? You can see fire behind Roshi as he's taking a stance against someone. Unless the opposing fighter in question has pyro-based attacks, I'm inclined to believe Magetta started it. I don't see how he can hold himself together against so many U4 fighters at once. Krillin is supposed to be the strongest human fighter and even he could accomplish just one elimination on his own. If I were to hazard a guess as to how things may pan out, I would say Ganos will be taking on Magetta while Dercori and Caway battle Roshi; the latter seems to be employing tactics akin to what Ranfan used on Nam back in the 21st tournament. It will likely prove to be a critical moment for Roshi as he uses what he attained from his training to overcome that weakness. His fist-to-fist battle seems like it will involve Dercori. I do wonder how Roshi will be prompted to use the Mafuba. Is he pushed into a corner and feels there's no way out? The Thunder Shock Surprise sounds like it would be enough to help him break free in that case. Maybe the dire straits of the tournament will have finally dawned on him and he resigns himself to becoming a sacrifice so that his team can benefit and ultimately survive. Either way, I'm really looking forward to next episode because of the focus it will have on a non-Saiyan member of Universe 7; this episode fulfilled those expectations as well, to greater extents I might add, but I want to see the humans make some inroads now.[/spoiler]

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 am

I think this is good place to mention, but the Kacchi Katchin really isn't that tough for the strongest substance in the multiverse. In this episode alone, Dyspo was breaking apart mountains of the stuff by punching it and other characters through it like it was nothing.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 am

Saturnine wrote:
Draconic wrote:In the movie it's still stated Goku absorbed the power of God, but still transformed into it. Why one must exclude the other is quite baffling to.
Because you can't both have the power of SSj god in base and bother transforming into SSj God. What's the point?
But that's exactly what happens in the movie. Goku absorbs the power of God, keeps fighting on in base and Super Saiyan, but eventually transforms back into the form. The power being absorbed doesn't mean the form can't be used.

Also, God is a transformation that counts on the power of the user, so it's not like it's exactly as powerful as it was against Beerus. It's probably a fair share stronger than that, so even if Goku displays god-like feats in his lesser forms, it doesn't take anything away from the actual form. It just means that he became stronger as a whole, not just by using a form or another.

Again, if a sponge absorbs water, it doesn't mean the water can never return again.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So has Jiren only said "get lost" so far, don't remember him saying anything else... it is weird there isn't anything interesting about him but I am interested in seeing him in proper action, effects of marketing I guess!!! I wasn't a huge Hit fan before but this episode he owned, I am hoping this is what saves Jiren having interesting techniques/strategy and what not.

Also SSGSS looked so on point here!!! :D
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Of course the album has been updated
Also SSG with SSGSS aura was kind of awesome!!!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This was also kinda cool too:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He also said "I've got this." and "It's over." I think it's about as much as Tenshinhan maybe even more.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:47 am

The best episode in the tournament by far. Hitto is a genius! He was able to outhtink Dyspo in every department and he was adapting to his speed very quickly, he used Seicho. Now Hitto needs to teach a lesson to fucking Toppo. Jiren seemed impressed/curious with Hitto's performance.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:19 am

Mercenary wrote:I didn't like giving credit to Goku with that whole switching from SSG to SSB stuff. It's kinda forced and unnecessary. I hope Vegeta won't be shafted in this tournament.
It was Goku's idea in the first place. From Chapter 22:
Goku: He's storing the power of Blue until the right time and letting it explode when he needs it.

Supreme Kai: Is that the same thing you did back when fighting Hit?

Goku: Yeah, but in my case I could only go as far as making the switch once while Vegeta is able to repeat it over and over again.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:48 am

Seeing SSG again makes me want to see SS3 too, hopefully against SS3 Caulifla once she gain it. ( not like episode 5 animation tho ).