Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Saiyan Royal

Re: Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Post by The Saiyan Royal » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 pm

supercat wrote:
Olympian wrote:
supercat wrote: He seems to have fighter instincts that someone like Piccolo and Tien, don't really have. They seem to have running and hiding instincts. After all that running away from Frost, Piccolo still got owned by Frost. He was bragging about his pathetic strategy, only to realize that Frost had his own strategy, that obviously made Piccolo look useless.

Reminds me of Vegeta versus Freeza in Namek when he was so sure to have had the power advantage. Except not.
supercat wrote:Frieza's blast probably didn't even hurt Vegeta. I'm guessing it was being in space that he couldn't handle. Vegeta also got to humiliate Frieza quite a bit. I can't think of a single character of Frieza's caliber (both power-wise and reputation-wise) that Piccolo was able to humiliate. Other than Gero and Saibamen, who has Piccolo humiliated again?
At the time? Freeza`s first transformation, of which Vegeta couldn`t do anything about and Cell. Both after cheap power-ups thought, which falls in line with the same reasoning as Vegeta.
supercat wrote:Vegeta may have found Golden Frieza's power a bit overwhelming, but it's nothing compared to how many times Piccolo has cowered away behind his clones.
Which would be which fights? He`s hardly done it.

You keep attributing statements like "pathetic" and "cowardly" to other characters when none of them have half the examples that Vegeta has earned to his name. He`s ran from the humans on Earth, he`s ran from Zarbon, he`s ran from the Giniyu, he`s ran from Freeza, his arm broke as easily as Yamcha`s against 17, he`s ran from Cell. Most of these are after he`s realized he didn`t have the power advantage after all.

Piccolo and Yamcha at most fortreit one offical fight in a Tournament each. One in Baba`s ring and another in the 25th Bodukai. That`s it. Roshi? Goku? Gohan? Tenshinhan? Never ran either.

It`s so easy when you believe to or actually have the power advantage. In such context who is the coward? The one that fights anyhow or the one who only talks big because he believes to have the bigger muscles?
Sure Vegeta may have been humiliated by Frieza, but he also had the chance to humiliate him in return. The last time Piccolo was humiliated by someone, he never had the chance to redeem himself. Tagoma? Yeah Gohan and Vegeta had to take care of that mess. Frieza? Goku and Vegeta to the rescue! Android 17? Well he tried, but it all ended in the usual Piccolo style, and he couldn't have the last laugh there either. And considering how powerful Android 17 is, it'd probably be better for Piccolo fans if there wasn't a rematch there. Although, I would love a Piccolo vs Frost rematch, if he can keep up this time that is!

Vegeta retreated from Earth, yes, but look at the condition he left Goku, Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo... Oh nevermind, Piccolo, Tien, and Yamcha weren't even strong enough to face Vegeta. They got wrecked long before they could even face the prince by his grunt.

He never really ran from Zarbon. And even if he did, he still destroyed Zarbon after so no problem there. Ginyu? I doubt that was out of fear. Seemed more like he wanted to get to the Dragon Balls as soon as possible. Either way, Ginyu and Jeice are two more characters who were humiliated by Vegeta.

As for Android 18, Vegeta showed just how powerful he was compared to her by humiliating Semi-Perfect Cell, a character both Android 18 and that pathetic Android 16 couldn't do anything against.

I was also referring to their fighting style. Piccolo and Tien's style is constantly running around their opponent, hiding behind their clones, and hoping to score some points with some attack that somehow manages to make them a little stronger. That to me doesn't sound as courageous as how Vegeta fights.
You're making us (Vegeta fans) look bad.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:08 pm

supercat wrote: Sure Vegeta may have been humiliated by Frieza, but he also had the chance to humiliate him in return

The last time Piccolo was humiliated by someone, he never had the chance to redeem himself. Tagoma? Yeah Gohan and Vegeta had to take care of that mess. Frieza? Goku and Vegeta to the rescue! Android 17? Well he tried, but it all ended in the usual Piccolo style, and he couldn't have the last laugh there either. And considering how powerful Android 17 is, it'd probably be better for Piccolo fans if there wasn't a rematch there. Although, I would love a Piccolo vs Frost rematch, if he can keep up this time that is!
I`ll take you consider his fight in Super as his redemption? But didn`t that end the same way for him? So by that same logic..

Equaly, Piccolo has also saved other characters up until the Perfect Cell arc. That was his main role in the animated features.

The main difference there is, is that Vegeta is a Saiyan and thus got the excuse for bigger upgrade polls and thus is more popular/markeatable than the characters who don`t share that easiness. But as far as actually looking that better on film? You mention the "usual Piccolo style" and we can sit that one right next to "usual Vegeta style" of running his mouth about superiority and being nobility and in the end, still eating dirt as the commoners, despite the advantages the character is given.
supercat wrote:Vegeta retreated from Earth, yes, but look at the condition he left Goku, Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo... Oh nevermind, Piccolo, Tien, and Yamcha weren't even strong enough to face Vegeta. They got wrecked long before they could even face the prince by his grunt.
It was their fight to lose since the start, that`s the issue. They all knew they were facing opponents more powerful than them and their training was cut off from what was initially planned. Look at Vegeta and Nappa`s reaction at Ten and Yamcha easily defeating the Saibamen. They weren`t even counting anyone else save Goku, Piccolo and Gohan to be near that level.

By the moment Goku manages to counter a last main attack of his he resorted to transform himself. That`s how far it took for the Prince of Sayians.
supercat wrote:He never really ran from Zarbon. And even if he did, he still destroyed Zarbon after so no problem there. Ginyu? I doubt that was out of fear. Seemed more like he wanted to get to the Dragon Balls as soon as possible. Either way, Ginyu and Jeice are two more characters who were humiliated by Vegeta.

Yes, he did. He destroys Zarbon after...you guess it.

That`s the Vegeta pattern.
supercat wrote:As for Android 18, Vegeta showed just how powerful he was compared to her by humiliating Semi-Perfect Cell, a character both Android 18 and that pathetic Android 16 couldn't do anything against.
Vegeta was flat out mocked and hummiliated by 18, there`s no difference in how he fought and the others against the androids in that period of the arc. He fights Semi-Pefect Cell later after training another power-up.
supercat wrote:I was also referring to their fighting style. Piccolo and Tien's style is constantly running around their opponent, hiding behind their clones, and hoping to score some points with some attack that somehow manages to make them a little stronger. That to me doesn't sound as courageous as how Vegeta fights.
You have to show me examples of that consistancy. Tenshinhan only uses clones in one fight in the entire manga. In the original anime run, he uses it twice. Piccolo uses it once that I recall against Nappa while Kuririn uses the illusion technique of the Turtle school.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 am

HeroR wrote: Super Saiyan 2 Gohan isn't the same as Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

Very true.
Piccolo with a charged attack didn't even make Goku go Super Saiyan.
That's not all that relevant. It was a sparring match and Piccolo didn't seem to be out for blood. For all we know, he weakened the blast on purpose so that Tien could survive it should he get caught in it. Nothing says that Piccolo put most of his energy into it. You can assume based on the length of the charge but there's many other factors at play too that make that feat murky at best.
He's nowhere near any of the people you named.
I can't say you're wrong, but I can't say you're right either. There's just not enough clear info as to where he stands. I put him in the same realm of power as the SSJ - SSJ2 characters that aren't Goku or Vegeta. I put him there because he was pumped about getting even stronger with Ultimate Gohan while they where training. We all know how strong Piccolo gets when he trains with someone who's drastically stronger, granted it was only a day, but this is Super we're talking about. Further, I think he'll be even stronger in the manga as evidenced by his performance against Frost. Honestly, I think the anime will settle for a happy medium between my idea and yours I think the SSJ - SSJ3 tier characters will include (strongest to weakest) Android 17 > SSB Kale > SSJ2 Caulifla > SSJ Cabba = FF Frost >= Piccolo. Not sure about the manga. I'm hoping Toyo feels the way I do with all those fighters being SS2 caliber at this point and I mean Goku and Vegeta SS2 tier.
Not to mention, who said Magetta and Botamo didn't get stronger too since they knew Zen'o was going to have a tournament eventually and Champa had them on speed-dial.
You can say that, but there's even less evidence of that (none actually) than of Piccolo being much stronger. At least Piccolo trained with and pushed a much stronger fighter to the cusp of god level. That alone says a lot about where his growth could be.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:28 pm

BWri wrote:
HeroR wrote: Super Saiyan 2 Gohan isn't the same as Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

Very true.
Piccolo with a charged attack didn't even make Goku go Super Saiyan.
That's not all that relevant. It was a sparring match and Piccolo didn't seem to be out for blood. For all we know, he weakened the blast on purpose so that Tien could survive it should he get caught in it. Nothing says that Piccolo put most of his energy into it. You can assume based on the length of the charge but there's many other factors at play too that make that feat murky at best.
He's nowhere near any of the people you named.
I can't say you're wrong, but I can't say you're right either. There's just not enough clear info as to where he stands. I put him in the same realm of power as the SSJ - SSJ2 characters that aren't Goku or Vegeta. I put him there because he was pumped about getting even stronger with Ultimate Gohan while they where training. We all know how strong Piccolo gets when he trains with someone who's drastically stronger, granted it was only a day, but this is Super we're talking about. Further, I think he'll be even stronger in the manga as evidenced by his performance against Frost. Honestly, I think the anime will settle for a happy medium between my idea and yours I think the SSJ - SSJ3 tier characters will include (strongest to weakest) Android 17 > SSB Kale > SSJ2 Caulifla > SSJ Cabba = FF Frost >= Piccolo. Not sure about the manga. I'm hoping Toyo feels the way I do with all those fighters being SS2 caliber at this point and I mean Goku and Vegeta SS2 tier.
Not to mention, who said Magetta and Botamo didn't get stronger too since they knew Zen'o was going to have a tournament eventually and Champa had them on speed-dial.
You can say that, but there's even less evidence of that (none actually) than of Piccolo being much stronger. At least Piccolo trained with and pushed a much stronger fighter to the cusp of god level. That alone says a lot about where his growth could be.
This is the same person who strangled Super Saiyan 2 Gohan to the point that he had to restart his heart with a ki blast. Why would he suddenly hold back against Goku, who he knows is stronger than him? If the blast was made for Tien's survival, Goku wouldn't have said, "I barely withstand it" since base form Goku is way above Tien and any attack Tien would survived wouldn't tickle Goku.

Why wouldn't Botamo and Megetta train since they knew they would be fighting again? This is kind of common sense, if you're not Gohan anyway.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:47 am

HeroR wrote:This is the same person who strangled Super Saiyan 2 Gohan to the point that he had to restart his heart with a ki blast. Why would he suddenly hold back against Goku, who he knows is stronger than him?

Because the attack was supposed to catch him off guard, not kill him. Piccolo's approach to the Gohan fight was different anyway. He set out to push him past his limits. In the tag team fight, his goal was still to push Gohan and to utilize team strategies. Everyone but Gohan looked to be mildly sparring. Then Goku got serious as well after a while.
If the blast was made for Tien's survival, Goku wouldn't have said, "I barely withstand it" since base form Goku is way above Tien and any attack Tien would survived wouldn't tickle Goku.
It also caught him off guard and looked to be slow enough to avoid (which is probably how Tien wasn't hurt by it). Piccolo's SBC broke Vados' barrier, something base Goku's ki blasts couldn't do. If he really charged his Explosive Wave, I'm sure he could push back Goku, especially if Krillin can push base Goku into SSJ lol.
Why wouldn't Botamo and Megetta train since they knew they would be fighting again? This is kind of common sense, if you're not Gohan anyway.
It's not common sense to me. I've never seen these characters train nor do we have evidence of it. Besides, common sense isn't a thing in Super anyway. Otherwise, everyone would have trained with King Kai after the earth got invaded by Golden Frieza and his horde or everyone would've trained in the RoSaT, Gravity Chamber, or with Whis during those 48 hours leading up to the tournament.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:42 am

BWri wrote:
HeroR wrote:This is the same person who strangled Super Saiyan 2 Gohan to the point that he had to restart his heart with a ki blast. Why would he suddenly hold back against Goku, who he knows is stronger than him?

Because the attack was supposed to catch him off guard, not kill him. Piccolo's approach to the Gohan fight was different anyway. He set out to push him past his limits. In the tag team fight, his goal was still to push Gohan and to utilize team strategies. Everyone but Gohan looked to be mildly sparring. Then Goku got serious as well after a while.
If the blast was made for Tien's survival, Goku wouldn't have said, "I barely withstand it" since base form Goku is way above Tien and any attack Tien would survived wouldn't tickle Goku.
It also caught him off guard and looked to be slow enough to avoid (which is probably how Tien wasn't hurt by it). Piccolo's SBC broke Vados' barrier, something base Goku's ki blasts couldn't do. If he really charged his Explosive Wave, I'm sure he could push back Goku, especially if Krillin can push base Goku into SSJ lol.
It's not common sense to me. I've never seen these characters train nor do we have evidence of it. Besides, common sense isn't a thing in Super anyway. Otherwise, everyone would have trained with King Kai after the earth got invaded by Golden Frieza and his horde or everyone would've trained in the RoSaT, Gravity Chamber, or with Whis during those 48 hours leading up to the tournament.
Again, Piccolo nearly killed Gohan without any regard, so why would he hold back against a person who he knows is stronger than him? The attack wasn't even meant to catch Goku off-guard since Goku clearly saw Piccolo charged it the entire time, so it isn't like Sorbet's laser.

Goku clearly wasn't off-guard since he blocked it and 'it looks slow' doesn't work in Dragon Ball for several reasons. Look at the TOP that takes 2 or 3 minutes per episode. Goku got pushed back by Krillin because he really did take him by surprised, Piccolo didn't since everyone knew what he was going to do, which is why Goku told Tien to attack to Piccolo.

Goku and Vegeta gotten stronger since the Champa Saga, but Botamo and Megetta kept up with them even as Super Saiyans. So it's obvious that they got stronger. And the Earth's fighters depends on Goku and Vegeta as their main protectors. Botamo and Megetta don't depend on Hit to do anything, so using the Z-Fighter's laziness in training is flawed.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:34 am

Sorry to butt in, but are we certain Gohan's heart actually stopped? I've seen others claim that, but I think he just lost consciousness. I know we've only seen Piccolo use it in extreme cases before, but I'm pretty sure it works just as well for non-fatal situations.

Also, power levels are messed up in Super, thought everyone agreed on that.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:55 am

Michsi wrote:Sorry to butt in, but are we certain Gohan's heart actually stopped? I've seen others claim that, but I think he just lost consciousness. I know we've only seen Piccolo use it in extreme cases before, but I'm pretty sure it works just as well for non-fatal situations.

That is what is implied. Piccolo strangles and kills him and Piccolo restarts his heart with that little Ki blast.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:25 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:Sorry to butt in, but are we certain Gohan's heart actually stopped? I've seen others claim that, but I think he just lost consciousness. I know we've only seen Piccolo use it in extreme cases before, but I'm pretty sure it works just as well for non-fatal situations.

That is what is implied. Piccolo strangles and kills him and Piccolo restarts his heart with that little Ki blast.
Meh, not convinced. Mostly because it's not specified. Seems like something that Piccolo would comment on, to hammer home how far Gohan's fallen. That's how I saw it at first.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 am

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Meh, not convinced. Mostly because it's not specified. Seems like something that Piccolo would comment on, to hammer home how far Gohan's fallen. That's how I saw it at first.
Did Piccolo need to tell Gohan how far his fallen?

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:39 am

Oh, please do butt in. It is a forum of ideas after all and yours are as valid as anyone elses. We don't know for sure if he killed him or just choked him unconscious, but I'd like to think that he temporarily killed him for no other reason than Piccolo being a badass like that. He was also going about that fight extra viciously to teach Gohan a lesson.

Oh yes, I certainly don't take power levels or scaling seriously anymore, but when trying to apply some logic to Super, I occasionally get into the details of them and try to use in-universe feats to understand things (to the degree to which that's even possible)
HeroR wrote:Again, Piccolo nearly killed Gohan without any regard, so why would he hold back against a person who he knows is stronger than him?
You're leaving out the fact that it was under a totally different context. Him nearly killing (or temporarily killing) Gohan was meant to show him that his weakness or lack of focus could get him killed even when he thought he had the upper hand. Piccolo was being extra brutal for a reason and the whole training session was meant to push Gohan beyond several layers of mental and physical blocks. That training was meant to be nasty and grueling and limit breaking. The fight with Goku on the other hand was set up like a run of the mill sparring session, only Piccolo and Gohan were there mainly so that Gohan could fight Goku. Gohan was out for blood, trying to push Goku to higher levels. Piccolo's role here wasn't to push Goku to the brink or get him to break any limits, his role was to support his teammate and once Goku stopped paying attention, he unleashed his attack. He didn't even charge it for that long now that I think about it. Not as long as he charged the one at the 23 TB or as long as a SBC.
The attack wasn't even meant to catch Goku off-guard since Goku clearly saw Piccolo charged it the entire time, so it isn't like Sorbet's laser.
Goku clearly wasn't off-guard since he blocked it
You'll have to rewatch the scene. Goku only caught it in time because Tien crawled up out of that grave Gohan tried to put him in and warned him. It still totally caught him off guard (in the sense that he was not prepared for it).
and 'it looks slow' doesn't work in Dragon Ball for several reasons. Look at the TOP that takes 2 or 3 minutes per episode.

Doesn't change the fact that the attack is slower than other ki based attacks, giving all those who are FTL the time needed to dodge it, otherwise it would've fried Tien who was near Goku (unless he was able to duck below it.)
Goku got pushed back by Krillin because he really did take him by surprised, Piccolo didn't since everyone knew what he was going to do, which is why Goku told Tien to attack to Piccolo.
Only time I remember Krillin catching Goku by surprise was with that hidden Kienzan, on second thought he got him again with the Taiyoken feint. So you're saying Krillin's beam caught Goku by surprise but Piccolo's wave didn't? You really have to watch those scenes again. Look at Goku's face when he notices Piccolo's wave. On the other hand, Goku saw Krillin's punch and the ki blast that pushed him to the edge coming and wasn't visibly surprised by it. So by this logic, Krillin is strong enough to push Goku into using SSJ with a non-charged unnamed ki blast but a charged Explosive Wave from Piccolo is unable to do the same, meaning Krillin > Piccolo. Goku told Tien to attack Piccolo because he was being a selfish idiot who wanted Gohan to himself. He couldn't even protect Tien from the opponent that he allegedly "had". But even if we do say that he was concerned about Piccolo's attack, he quickly forgot about it until just before Tien screamed about it

Seriously, look at Goku's expression of pure terror at realizing Piccolo's attack is coming his way https://youtu.be/hzpOLtUsVVQ?t=2m47s. You can tell me that that's not the look of someone who is surprised and afraid, but I won't believe you.
Goku and Vegeta gotten stronger since the Champa Saga, but Botamo and Megetta kept up with them even as Super Saiyans. So it's obvious that they got stronger. And the Earth's fighters depends on Goku and Vegeta as their main protectors. Botamo and Megetta don't depend on Hit to do anything, so using the Z-Fighter's laziness in training is flawed.
Vegeta is mostly fighting those guys in base. He hasn't even gone SSJ2 against them so its clear he's holding back or else it's just bad power scaling because he's trained for several years now in the RoSaT after facing them in the last tourney. It's not enough proof to show that they've trained tbh. And to be clear, I'm not saying that they didn't train, I'm just not sure that it's likely knowing how disorganized Champa is. If one of the characters mentioned it or hinted at it, fine, but I'm not using headcanon to create something that isn't there. It's pointless.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Honestly, the way the ToP is starting to develop, I think the arc will be more of a set up for the future of DBS moving forward. We already have a pretty good indication Goku vs. Jiren won't be the defining moment of the tournament, and won't even come near the end. There's still a good amount of room for character development for Vegeta, Frieza, Gohan, 17, and I think even Piccolo. Simply going off what we've seen, he's still close enough to the top group to maintain relevant, and I really think people will be surprised when he's finally shown unleashing his full power. If they're going to move in the direction I think, the show is going to be a little more inclusive when it comes to the other Z fighters and possibly even Frieza. The U6 Namekians offer a perfect opportunity for Piccolo to learn something to help him progress even further.

In almost every thread focused on a character outside Vegeta and Goku, you get the usual fan cynicism the show is and will remain about the two Sayians. I would have agreed fully before the start of the pre-tournament episodes, and the ToP so far. I think this arc is intended to switch gears, and take into account a major and widespread complaint from the fan base. You may or may not be a fan of Piccolo, but I honestly hope they, at the very least, lay the groundwork for the stronger characters from Universe 7 (and even U6).

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:15 pm

larzooma wrote:Honestly, the way the ToP is starting to develop, I think the arc will be more of a set up for the future of DBS moving forward. We already have a pretty good indication Goku vs. Jiren won't be the defining moment of the tournament, and won't even come near the end. There's still a good amount of room for character development for Vegeta, Frieza, Gohan, 17, and I think even Piccolo. Simply going off what we've seen, he's still close enough to the top group to maintain relevant, and I really think people will be surprised when he's finally shown unleashing his full power. If they're going to move in the direction I think, the show is going to be a little more inclusive when it comes to the other Z fighters and possibly even Frieza. The U6 Namekians offer a perfect opportunity for Piccolo to learn something to help him progress even further.

In almost every thread focused on a character outside Vegeta and Goku, you get the usual fan cynicism the show is and will remain about the two Sayians. I would have agreed fully before the start of the pre-tournament episodes, and the ToP so far. I think this arc is intended to switch gears, and take into account a major and widespread complaint from the fan base. You may or may not be a fan of Piccolo, but I honestly hope they, at the very least, lay the groundwork for the stronger characters from Universe 7 (and even U6).
They have to be here for that reason whether it is some brand new power up or to be rivals which will push Piccolo forward.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
larzooma wrote:Honestly, the way the ToP is starting to develop, I think the arc will be more of a set up for the future of DBS moving forward. We already have a pretty good indication Goku vs. Jiren won't be the defining moment of the tournament, and won't even come near the end. There's still a good amount of room for character development for Vegeta, Frieza, Gohan, 17, and I think even Piccolo. Simply going off what we've seen, he's still close enough to the top group to maintain relevant, and I really think people will be surprised when he's finally shown unleashing his full power. If they're going to move in the direction I think, the show is going to be a little more inclusive when it comes to the other Z fighters and possibly even Frieza. The U6 Namekians offer a perfect opportunity for Piccolo to learn something to help him progress even further.

They have to be here for that reason whether it is some brand new power up or to be rivals which will push Piccolo forward.
As a Piccolo fan, I'm leaning towards the same conclusion. The best explanation for the presence of Namekians in the ToP is to test Piccolo, and possibly show him something new like Vegeta did for the U6 Sayians. They could also play a lesser role, as an evil version of the Namekian race from U7. A possible crossover arc between U6 and U7 seems all but inevitable given the amount of time they've focused on the U6 fighters and the time they've spent building different dynamics between the characters. They could fail to pose a real threat to Piccolo or the rest of the team, but act as a possible story arc to explore down the road. I've also thought of a slim chance one of the Namekians could be a member of the U6 equivalent of the Dragon Clan, brought by Vados to heal the fighters, so they can last longer.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:44 pm

larzooma wrote:
As a Piccolo fan, I'm leaning towards the same conclusion. The best explanation for the presence of Namekians in the ToP is to test Piccolo, and possibly show him something new like Vegeta did for the U6 Sayians. They could also play a lesser role, as an evil version of the Namekian race from U7. A possible crossover arc between U6 and U7 seems all but inevitable given the amount of time they've focused on the U6 fighters and the time they've spent building different dynamics between the characters. They could fail to pose a real threat to Piccolo or the rest of the team, but act as a possible story arc to explore down the road. I've also thought of a slim chance one of the Namekians could be a member of the U6 equivalent of the Dragon Clan, brought by Vados to heal the fighters, so they can last longer.
They look exactly like fighters and Toriyama would be having some sort of Joke if they are not.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
larzooma wrote:
They look exactly like fighters and Toriyama would be having some sort of Joke if they are not.
I know lol. I did say slim chance. It would make for an interesting dynamic, especially if the cooperation between U6 and U7 continues to grow. It could lead to a possible Zenkai boost, or bring one of the fighters back into contention near the end.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:05 am

After witnessing Jiren's sheer power, I could imagine a scenario where the two U6 Namekians decide to fuse to possibly offer a challenge. We really don't know how powerful they are individually, but we do know a Namekian can gain a huge boost simply by merging with even a weaker fighter. Nails was relatively weak, and he gave Piccolo a enough power to compete with Frieza at an extremely high level. I've even read theories the U6 Namekians could represent the evil counterpart to the U7 versions, and the two fighters could have gained a huge amount of power by forcing others to merge with them. If that's true, and they're both somewhere around SSJB level, a merger could have the potential to boost them into contention. This may not offer Piccolo anything for now, but it could lead to something down the line. Depending on what ability or form they've achieved beyond anything Piccolo's achieved thus far, and opens up the notion of gaining a considerable boost through fusion. How that may come about, I'm not sure, but there's a number of possible story lines they could open in the future. [spoiler]There's also rumors of a new fighter entering the tournament soon. Outside the Namekians and the U4 insects, Zarama is one of the few characters we know of thus far with enough power to enter the tournament on his own without fear of the Zenos or the Grand Priest. There's at least an implied relationship between Zarama and the Namekians. If he's introduced during this arc, it could lead to something further for Piccolo and even the U6 Namekians.[/spoiler]