What did you think of Cell and Freeza's "friendship" in the anime?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: What did you think of Cell and Freeza's "friendship" in the anime?

Post by MajinMan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 pm

It was a bit out of character for both of them, but it was a fun little thing that didn't last very long in Z. But in GT, I hated it. It felt forced and stupid.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 pm

I liken it to how Goku and co have united with old enemies in the past (Piccolo and Vegeta, for example), because of some new threat.

Frieza and Cell had a common enemy in Goku so it made sense. I liked all of the sense featuring them together in the afterlife.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:21 pm

I kinda like it because Freeza hates Goku and does Cell. It's the "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" trope, but I think it could have been done a bit better. In the Other World Tournament arc, it seem like that they had their own Legion of Doom with Freeza, Cell, King Cold and the Ginyu Force working together. I felt like that they should have add Tambourine, Raditz, Nappa and Dr. Gero in the mix too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/