So what type of villain you want for the next saga of super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

So what type of villain you want for the next saga of super

Post by The gr » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:32 pm

As the title say, what type of villain you want,personality & ability wise
Mostly active on discord.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: So what type of villain you want for the next saga of super

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:46 pm

A villain who can be funny, charismatic, and downright terrifying all on the flip of a switch. That is what I want. Kinda like the Joker, but not as insane. I'd want them to have reality warping powers as it would lead to some very interesting visuals, fight scenes, gags, or terrifying imagery. Janemba had some reality warping, but his character really went nowhere. In the hands of someone better would make for an awesome villain.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Both Frieza and Zamasu were perfect. I favor Zamasu slightly more, but both were amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing either one again. If it's Zamasu, I would prefer to see him without Goku Black.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Honestly, in the context of Super I prefer more characters such as Beerus or Hit where they aren't necessarily villains but help Goku develop while not necessarily being good beings overall (Beerus is a God of Destruction and Hit is a legendary assassin). Zamasu was a good villain for Super because I HONESTLY don't know how else you can top that off in the context of Super with its elaboration on Gods and their hierarchy unless you were to make, lets say, Zeno a villain due to his child like mentality being more of a threat than Goku's ignorance that made him out to be seen as a villain by the multiverse.

The villain would have to make sense within the thematic narrative of Super in regards to mortals and Gods. Their personality can honestly be whatever but as for abilities? I like the idea of being a martial artist prodigy and has awesome ki power to perform divine attacks. Soooooo basically Zamasu but not copying what he could do. I'm sorry if I'm not making sense, I don't know how to elaborate the imagery I have in my head.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:10 pm

I don't want a villain. I just want an adventure, travelling to another Universe, maybe competing with some people from the tournament to find a treasure or something.
Or a "test" to better themselves.

There's quite a few opportunities, I need a break from the classic evil villain.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:29 pm

MaskedRider wrote:Honestly, in the context of Super I prefer more characters such as Beerus or Hit where they aren't necessarily villains but help Goku develop while not necessarily being good beings overall (Beerus is a God of Destruction and Hit is a legendary assassin). Zamasu was a good villain for Super because I HONESTLY don't know how else you can top that off in the context of Super with its elaboration on Gods and their hierarchy unless you were to make, lets say, Zeno a villain due to his child like mentality being more of a threat than Goku's ignorance that made him out to be seen as a villain by the multiverse.

The villain would have to make sense within the thematic narrative of Super in regards to mortals and Gods. Their personality can honestly be whatever but as for abilities? I like the idea of being a martial artist prodigy and has awesome ki power to perform divine attacks. Soooooo basically Zamasu but not copying what he could do. I'm sorry if I'm not making sense, I don't know how to elaborate the imagery I have in my head.
A god of destruction could be a good villain,geene u12 god come in mind
LightBing wrote:I don't want a villain. I just want an adventure, travelling to another Universe, maybe competing with some people from the tournament to find a treasure or something.

There's quite a few opportunities, I need a break from the classic evil villain.
You know your ideas are great,they could have done that before entering the Top
Mostly active on discord.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 pm

I want a chill villain who's way over the top experienced when it comes to fighting and actually smart that can make us feel like he's been 2steps ahead of our main character (sounds like reverse flash eh)

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm

The angle from universe 9 could be a good villain, someone who has a plan to affect the mutiverse current order.
Furthermore, we need a new cast of warriors to battle this war. I would pick Goku, Hitto, Jiren, Frieza and Vegeta. This should be the dream team to fight in a war against gods of destruction or angels.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Something related to the Makaioshin might not be a bad idea as the canonical universe has barely touched upon them. I'm not sure exactly how you could write for their personalities to be any more dynamic than Dabura's. Maybe if the studio and Toyotaro portrayed them as an alienated bunch who are barred from interacting with the administrative affairs of their universe, I could see a motive emerging for them to stage a coupe or oppose our heroes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Still holding out hope for my reality-warper with a Dr. Slump style wicked sense of humor to them.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Hopefully something different than what Dragon Ball has tried before.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:35 pm

No clear villains. If another arc takes place, I would expect it to be a conflict between various universes. Something more complicated and intertwined would do better than something attempting to out-do Zamasu.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Either a type of villain that:

• Threats the Megaverse
• Involves Makaios and Makaioshins
• Threats the history/time of Dragon Ball.

It's time to go higher, a true sense of horror, with characters showing fear, remorse, striving to protect with all costs and with actual deaths in the main cast (I still can't believe Dragon Ball GT, being what it is, was the only one which dared to kill one from the main characters permanently).
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm

LightBing wrote:I don't want a villain. I just want an adventure, travelling to another Universe, maybe competing with some people from the tournament to find a treasure or something.

This. I'd like to see the characters go on some kind of adventure and take a break from the usual super powered villain stuff. We've had Frieza, Black and Zamasu, probably Frieza again and while Jiren isn't really a villain he's playing that role for this arc as the big bad to beat. Mix it up for a change.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Um... may tick some people but I would not mind it being demons/Timebreaker Bardock and or Broly with rewritten past

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Daishinkan or Zeno.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:45 am

dbzfan7 wrote:A villain who can be funny, charismatic, and downright terrifying all on the flip of a switch.
But then people would just complain that they're a rip off of Zamasu and Black :D

For a villain, doesn't have to be a villain, I could go for just an antagonist like Beerus or Hit: Specifically I want minions. I'd enjoy a more adventurous approach to the arc as a whole though...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:52 am

Freeza again or probably female Janenba. I would also like to see Gokuu's dad Bardock and Gokuu's mom Gine make return and help their son out. The perfect nostalgia pandering.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 am

For the next arc the villain would be ambitious, charismatic, ruthless, and a complete monster in how he acts. I'd love to have his arc just be a deescalation in terms of stakes in the narrative, instead of him being a threat to Earth, or the universes, or the 12 universes I'd rather just have him wanting to become the richest man in the world, and how he goes about his dream a reality makes him come into conflict with the Z fighters. Even power wise he wouldn't even be that strong, instead relying on some techniques, and his own cunning to make him a threat to the Z Fighters.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:07 am

Mojito. Goku will go GoD tier with the next transformation, Jiren already is. The oracle fish said in the manga Vegeta would be a rival for Beerus too. Maybe it is time for an angel villain, it should be a challenge.
Heno heno kappa!