Transformations Guide

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:31 pm

Hmm, I was looking for a chapter number, if "Buff Buu" really is supposed to be in the manga. But he's not. There's Kaioushin's narration about it, with South Kaioushin and Daikaioushin pictured, but no picture of Buu after having absorbed South Kaioushin. So, technically, that Buu does't "appear" in the manga, and it's anime-only (kind of like Bibidi, and the other Kaioushins).

However, the scene from those screenshots is in the manga, but that just seems to be part of the transformation into Kid Buu, after Gokuu and Vegeta free the absorbed people and escape.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:44 pm

Look on the third page before the flashback. It's the first panel. On that same page Kibitoshin recognizes him. Then Boo gets constapated again Vegeta says he's going to transform AGAIN. In the flashback, Kibitoshin explains to Rou Kaioshin that the southern kaioshin was absorbed. Rou Kaioshin says "and that's when he turned into the Boo we just saw?" Kibitoshin says yes.

Note: We don't see Bulky Boo in the flashback itself. We see him in ONE PANEL when transforming from Super Boo to Kid Boo. He bulks up from Super then starts to thin out into Kid. There is one panel, however, when the transformation stops (he was in agony throughout the process but here he is 100% bulk and not in pain) and we see his whole body (when Goku says to Vegeta "hey he looks stronger, no?")
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:26 pm

It seems you're referring to the first panel of Chapter 508. To me, I'm only seeing this as just part of the transformation into Kid Buu. But it's up to VegettoEX, really.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:27 pm

How can you accept for the anime but not the manga? :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:41 pm

Well, in the anime, they actually show him after having absorbed South Kaioushin, but they don't in the manga. When he's regressing into Kid Buu, he may look just like the Buu+South Kaioushin form for a bit, but they're not the same, technically.

This is just my perception, anyway. But, of course, it's up to VegettoEX whether he wants to say that form appears in the manga.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:48 pm

Fair enough. It WAS only ONE panel shoved between two transformations (1 trans if you consider it not stopping for that panel). I think it does count in the manga since Rou Kaioshin asked if that was the form Boo took after he absorbed South Kaioshin.

BTW: Does anybody know which Kaioshin (east, etc) Rou Kaioshin was?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:56 pm

This makes me wonder: How exactly did Buu lose South Kaioushin's power and regress all the way back into his original form, anyway? (Ignoring the whole "why didn't he turn back into evil/thin Buu" thing...)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:01 pm

for the same reason he didn't turn into skinny boo. :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:37 pm

I just remembered a transformation for you, EX: Beefed up Kame-Senin (max-powered Kamehameha) and beefed up Cell (perfect). Cell shows this form to Dai 3 Dankai Trunks in order to explain how he could have crushed him whenever he wanted with power, just that it would be less efficient (a strain on the body+makes you lose speed).

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:49 pm

And what about Bulma turning into a carrot? Sure, it wasn't intentional on her part, but it WAS a "transformation"?

And, if we're being snide, what about the transformation of Kuririn, Yamcha and Tenshinhan from powerful warriors with interesting personalities to big bags of pussy-fat? Eh? ANSWER ME, MR TORIYAMA!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:55 pm

It's simple. Toriyama came down with a bad case of "Super Saiyajin biased plotting".

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:36 am

He came down with a case of "Let's be an idiot and make some small children, who have hardly done any train, much more powerful than the poor humans who have worked, sweated and trained to become strong enough to stand up to the bad guys, and who have actually laid down their lives for this planet."

Poor Yamcha. You'll pay for what you did to him, Toriyama. The yellow suit was bad enough, but the ponytail?

You bastard.

But, er, I digress. And to go back to the actual topic at hand...does Goku's weirdass "Super Saiyan"-ish transformation in movie 4 count as anything?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:01 am

He came down with a case of "Let's be an idiot and make some small children, who have hardly done any training, much more powerful than the poor humans who have worked, sweated, and trained to become strong enough to stand up to the bad guys, and who have actually laid down their lives for this planet."
Hear, hear! Very well put.
The yellow suit was bad enough, but the ponytail?
Back to the ponytail comment again! Is there some repressed childhood trauma you have regarding ponytails Liam? :P As for Goku's movie 4 transformation, it would certainly be an interesting form to consider. Perhaps don't call it a form but maybe a variation?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:03 am

Ya' know... you people seem to enjoy making more work for me than I originally thought possible ^^.

I'm gonna have to draw the line between "power-ups" and "transformations" somewhere, I think. I already wasn't planning on including "100% Power" Freeza, but simply noting in the text that he gets larger (while still in the same form). I think I'll do the same, when it applies, with other characters.

Movie 4 Goku is interesting, though... probably throw it in the "Movie Characters" section... along with "I'm a Super Saiya-jin that somehow absorbed the energy of the Genki-Dama"-Goku.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

RatGoku

Post by RatGoku » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:06 am

Ugh, the yellow suit! I'm blind! Yeah I hated the yellow suit, but I also hated the orange gi.
Hey look, it's a signature!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:18 am

That's a bit more of a bugger though, considering that the yellow suit was only worn for one saga (and an episode of GT), whereas the orange gi is worn by several people for almost the entire series.

I think it looks better with the boots and blue undershirt. Why didn't Yamcha start doing that, eh? Kuririn did.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:42 am

Well, the gi is supposed to be based on the orange robes that the Shaolin monks wear.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:20 am

In some pictures, such as the oft-used one of Goku facing straight on, holding his Nyoibo, the gi looks more red than orange.

Don't know why I mentioned that.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:42 pm

Hee hee: clothes transformations! Like fusion!

A booboo (get it? we were talking about Boo's transformation for days? Oh I'm mildly funny) in the Golden Oozaru section:

(Bebi) Vegeta DBGT Episode 35
After sensing the incredible power of Goku while fighting in SSJ3, Goten and Trunks vow to reach that same level of awesome power. While training in the Room of Spirit and Time waiting for Majin Buu, the two achieve the level... but want to show it off at the last second for a grand finale!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:44 pm

Yeah. I kept falling into comas before I actually GOT to Bebi popping out in the series. I haven't seen the entire Bebi fight. Which is why I don't have the appropriate text for two characters, in there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::