What Do You NOT Want To See in Episodes 109-110?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What Do You NOT Want To See in Episodes 109-110?

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Zagacious wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:90% of that fight was really nothing special in terms of animation or fight choreography.
It and the original's other fights are still light years ahead of what we got in this tournament so far. But of course the only way to justify its lack of quality fights is to bring the original down.
BlueBasilisk wrote:A Goku/Ribrianne fight that lasts until the mid-episode commercial.
I forgot that thing is still in the tournament. Her and the 2 Saiyan girls are easily the worst things introduced into the franchise so far.
The fights in DBS are objectively a lot shorter, and as a result there is less action in DBS overall. It only takes a few minute comparison to make this obvious so I find it funny people trying to defend these fights saying DBZ did it worse is just a joke. The fights in DBS are barely as long as the fights against minor characters in DBZ like Pui Pui.

As far as the special, I'm honestly expecting to get let down but I'll keep an open mind. Every other time they hyped stuff up it's ultimately meant nothing for the most part. Like when they hyped Ribrianne up for 3 or 4 NEP in a row and then she didn't even get a real fight. Whoever is in charge of the NEPs is doing a terrible job.
They keep Showing Ribrianne is Capable of So much yet we have had 2 fights, both Vegeta and 17 that go cut short very early for reasons. Back in 108 the episode I thought would show a good amount of Ribrianne Fighting Goku and while the Fight was good it was to short and TOO low a Level, Ribrianne is Capable of Far More levels then that.

Now it seems we get a new Look/Transformation for Ribrianne, but I an certain this fight will be cut short as well. My belief is that they seem to be holding her back for some-reasons, maybe for the final fights, that is my hope. I am sure she is going to be around till the final battles long after this special, we will see, but they seem to be holding her back like they are holding back allot of the fighters from going Blue or Golden Frieza or All Out Toppo, Just Strange. :eh:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:21 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Avok wrote:I for one hope that Jiren powers up and all of the fodder gets blown away. I miss the cool looking scenes where a character powers up and there's wind and debris flying around and everyone gets blown back.

You get a cool scene and get rid of fodder and boring characters, all in one go.
More like you get an overused trope and pointlessly getting rid of characters that could potentially shine.

This isn't a 1 on 1 Tournament and everyone needs something to do. Otherwise they would all be attacking Jiren come next ep.
They've already wasted tons of characters with potential it looks like they're headed that way.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:24 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Zagacious wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It and the original's other fights are still light years ahead of what we got in this tournament so far. But of course the only way to justify its lack of quality fights is to bring the original down.

I forgot that thing is still in the tournament. Her and the 2 Saiyan girls are easily the worst things introduced into the franchise so far.
The fights in DBS are objectively a lot shorter, and as a result there is less action in DBS overall. It only takes a few minute comparison to make this obvious so I find it funny people trying to defend these fights saying DBZ did it worse is just a joke. The fights in DBS are barely as long as the fights against minor characters in DBZ like Pui Pui.

As far as the special, I'm honestly expecting to get let down but I'll keep an open mind. Every other time they hyped stuff up it's ultimately meant nothing for the most part. Like when they hyped Ribrianne up for 3 or 4 NEP in a row and then she didn't even get a real fight. Whoever is in charge of the NEPs is doing a terrible job.
They keep Showing Ribrianne is Capable of So much yet we have had 2 fights, both Vegeta and 17 that go cut short very early for reasons. Back in 108 the episode I thought would show a good amount of Ribrianne Fighting Goku and while the Fight was good it was to short and TOO low a Level, Ribrianne is Capable of Far More levels then that.

Now it seems we get a new Look/Transformation for Ribrianne, but I an certain this fight will be cut short as well. My belief is that they seem to be holding her back for some-reasons, maybe for the final fights, that is my hope. I am sure she is going to be around till the final battles long after this special, we will see, but they seem to be holding her back like they are holding back allot of the fighters from going Blue or Golden Frieza or All Out Toppo, Just Strange. :eh:
Her fights were mostly like 30 second sparring not real fights. It seems like they were going to do more with her then randomly decided we can't make all these characters important and started mass eliminating people as fast as possible. I'll be seriously surprised if she even does anything for the rest of the tournament

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Why do you hate the two saiyan girl and ribrianne.
    I don't want jiren to be boring as well i don't want fake tension with Ribrianne vs Goku.
    sintzu wrote:
    Spider-Man wrote:Why do you hate the two saiyan girl and ribrianne.
    They have annoying personalities, annoying voices & Cauliflaw has the ugliest desgin I've ever seen(not that the other 2 look much better).
    That is sad to Hear Sintzu but not surprising, you have the Right to Like and Dislike whoever you want, but like Me and Spider-Man and others here we have the Right to to Like Ribrianne, Caulifla and Kale to the Levels that we choose. They have a right to be hear as much as any new character, even if they don't connect with some fans, they connect with other fans and we are here talking to you about them and other Favorites like Vegeta Because they are around, driving our Fandoms to see more of them.

Honestly I would say count you blessings too, if that is ONLY the reason you have to dislike any character at nearly the most, that is thumbtacks compared to many other levels of Dislike Characters get for Universal Reasons, just go onto any Comic Book Forum, Your Jaw will Drop! ;) :lol:

Also, fans like me Like their Voices, their not perfect but I don't want a perfect character, I want a character that feels like a person. Kale I enjoy cause she is the shy girl you want to see come out of her shell and be more then she is. So really Yea, this is what fandom is all about, you have yours you like and if you other you don't.......Move on, Leave them for Us to Enjoy.

Their are many her in the ToP I am not very found of and not liking seeing them as much, but I understand their are fans of these characters and they deserves their time on screen for their fans.
    My #1 in DB!

UpFromTheSkies
    I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Flashbacks, for the love of Kami, please let there be no flashbacks. Toei ruined the One Piece "special" with 75% flashbacks, it's like they don't care about the anime because it's so popular people will watch no matter what they do.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Zagacious wrote:
    CJStriker_CBR wrote:
    Zagacious wrote:

Her fights were mostly like 30 second sparring not real fights. It seems like they were going to do more with her then randomly decided we can't make all these characters important and started mass eliminating people as fast as possible. I'll be seriously surprised if she even does anything for the rest of the tournament
    It seem like allot of fights have been like that, longest last a min or so with more talking then punching. It seems to be the ToP's 44 or at least since episode 100 and on.

I really don't think it is Toei holding her or anyone else back, they just seem to be to concerned in jumping form fight to fight to get as much in as possible. As the Field gets down we are likely to expect these fights to be longer and more impressive since they have less to juggle. I do also expect Toei to do more with Ribranne as the time goes on, they just seem like with other characters to busy in making this look massive and going from fight to fight.
    My #1 in DB!

Miracles
    I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Flashbacks, for the love of Kami, please let there be no flashbacks. Toei ruined the One Piece "special" with 75% flashbacks, it's like they don't care about the anime because it's so popular people will watch no matter what they do.
    lol, the manga does that itself. TOEI must fill in when there is lack of content.
    Dragonball doesn't waste it's time on Flashbacks anyway.
    Last edited by Miracles on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Flashbacks, for the love of Kami, please let there be no flashbacks. Toei ruined the One Piece "special" with 75% flashbacks, it's like they don't care about the anime because it's so popular people will watch no matter what they do.
    I wouldn’t mind a few flashback but certainly not 75%.

SansrivaaL
    I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:41 pm

I can relate, sadly I was hyped for Cauli at first but after her intro with that punk ass attitude,voice and how she was handled I later regretted ever liking her, I wasnt into Kale way before she was introduced because of those Broly callbacks and her VA just makes the character weirder than it already is (her VA Yukana is quite popular tho) and I am definitely not a fan of Ribriane as well, I hate her magical girl love parody bs, it was fun at first but I'm tired of it by now, the sooner those 3 gets thrown out the stage the better.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I can relate, sadly I was hyped for Cauli at first but after her intro with that punk ass attitude,voice and how she was handled I later regretted ever liking her, I wasnt into Kale way before she was introduced because of those Broly callbacks and her VA just makes the character weirder than it already is (her VA Yukana is quite popular tho) and I am definitely not a fan of Ribriane as well, I hate her magical girl love parody bs, it was fun at first but I'm tired of it by now, the sooner those 3 gets thrown out the stage the better.
    Again sorry to hear that, but Again to Each their own.

Whoever you are hoping to go far in this good luck them even if they are characters I am not much of a fan of, each fan should know that while they may not particularly want to see certain characters, we need to have the foresight that others do like them and give some level of ideal to that. I Hope for Ribranne, Rozie, Kale and Cauli to go far in this and show they are a new Major Forces in Dragon Ball Super.

If not your dish, look forward to someone else, leave them for the fans that want them to be around. ;)
    My #1 in DB!

KingKaash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 pm

I try not to have expectations. But I swear I better not see Ribrianne get eliminated by base Goku. I see it in the Ep 109 preview with her firing ki arrows at base Goku and it worries me that he'll stay in base and beat Ribrianne.

Honestly Ribrianne had major hype coming in to the tournament but the writers seem to have misused her thus far. I believe she's only eliminated Jirasen. Her fights with Goku, Vegeta and Android 17 have all been scattered. And she should've been eliminated if it wasn't for Jimeze saving her. She needs a solid elimination to save her character from being overhyped.

Ohh and also I don't want Jiren to knock the Spirit Bomb back at Goku with his pinky. Please make Jiren struggle a little
    "Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:20 pm

From Herms:
    Vermoud decides its time. He telepathitically contacts Jiren: "Enough conserving power, take out Goku! Ignore any small fry!"
    I guess you can rest easy about Jiren cleaning house. He'll solely focus on Goku.

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Totamo wrote:Super is not going to change and why would it?
    This fight has been built up to for months and the special and Goku's new form have also been hyped up for awhile so if we're going to get builed up and hype for this long then they should deliver.
    July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
    I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:12 am

SansrivaaL wrote:-Kale and Cauli showing up for even a microsecond.
    -No one getting thrown out
    -Jiren staying as a stoic,calm and cool wannabe gig.
    -Other fighters not trying to go in between them and try to take em out.
    Well whaddya know, I saw everything that I didnt want to see, damn it!

Xeogran
    I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 am

Zagacious wrote:They've already wasted tons of characters with potential it looks like they're headed that way.
    Huh? I haven't seen anyone getting eliminated in today's special :clap:

Zagacious
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:42 am

Xeogran wrote:
    Zagacious wrote:They've already wasted tons of characters with potential it looks like they're headed that way.
    Did you not read the original quote I was replying to or just trying to be funny? Cause I don't get it.

Xeogran
    I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:47 am

Zagacious wrote:
    Xeogran wrote:
    Did you not read the original quote I was replying to or just trying to be funny? Cause I don't get it.
    You said they're headed the way of mass elimination, but the writers took the logical approach and didn't eliminate anyone this week for hype effect. And thank goodness for that.

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:17 am

Absence of shirtless Goku

NO NIPPLES, SUPER SUX; -GTZ/10
    When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
    - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Arugela
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:20 am

I think shirtless goku has yet to happen. I think it will occur when the fighting between goku and jiren starts up again.

Now the question is what Monaka in any way a part of the training for shirtless goku. Was it a hidden lesson we have yet to see materialize!? :eh:

Although I think all Monaka fans will agree. Monaka nipples are the only nipples for me! :shh:
    My fan art:
    Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
    Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
    Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
    GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 am

TheMikado wrote: Goku doing something stupid that he know shouldn’t work like throwing a spirit blob at a good person
    Yeah, because throwing it at pure evil people works all the time, like with Freeza who outright tanked it and Kid Buu who guess what, deflected it :D Not to mention this "pure hearted people can deflect it" thingy is horribly vague and you could argue that an innocent 5-year-old child cannot be compared to an adult like Jiren, whom we know very little about.

Also, I can't believe that THIS of all things bothers you, and stuff like Android 19 coming back from freaking Hell with a physical body doesn't :lol: