Episode #0042 (10 September 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0042 (10 September 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:47 pm

Episode #0042 (download MP3)
58:59; 64 kbps, mono; 27.0 MB

Episode #0042! VegettoEX, Meri, and our buddy Jeff talk about working on the Doomrider AMV project, and rant for a bit about the information available on Wikipedia. Stories abound in this episode as we fill you in on even more releases for September, answer some e-mails, and debut our "Super DragonBall Z" contest! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *forty-two* episodes, now. Ya' know, DB fans, that's an important number!

With Julian out for the week, we kicked back and invited a friend over for the show. We shat the shit about "Doomrider", about Wikipedia, and about life stories in general... like the hooker by the dumpster. I wish I was kidding.

To make up for such an awful story, we're giving away a free copy of Super DragonBall Z! Go us!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:27 pm

I started my share of editing wikipedia by moving Cui to Kyui (Other than Mr. Satan's page, none of the other pages use the english dub name, examples being Vegetto, Tenshinhan, Coola, Freeza, and Chaozu) and I put in a request for Broly to be moved to Broli. I hope we Daizex members can really clean up the Dragon Ball wikipedia pages.
­

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Taku128 wrote:I started my share of editing wikipedia by moving Cui to Kyui (Other than Mr. Satan's page, none of the other pages use the english dub name, examples being Vegetto, Tenshinhan, Coola, Freeza, and Chaozu) and I put in a request for Broly to be moved to Broli. I hope we Daizex members can really clean up the Dragon Ball wikipedia pages.
That was kinda the goal for this episode: Daizenshuu EX - For a Better Wikipedia Tomorrow! :D

Please remember to always check the discussion and history pages on the Wikipedia articles to see what has already been changed or revised (for better or worse). :)

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:15 pm

:lol: How come I always end up laughing my ass off when you guys have a special guest without Julian? I've gotta listen through the episode a couple more times before I decide this week's podcast quote of the week :D.

Anyways, I would be out there editing all of that wikipedia crap, but I'm too busy editing all of the crap on the DB notes on tv.com. Well, I was anyways, but I got so damn tired of editing people's misconceptions, leading me to where I am now... in a room... talking with you guys :?.

So yeah, interesting podcast and maybe I'll even enter the contest.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:26 pm

Ahh... The Podcast.

Now that I am back in school it is truly the high point of my week. Hereby making me quite pathetic :)

Great episode as usual, I love hearing you guys talk about AMVs, and killing people...3 times, because that's how you roll.

And that is amazing about the video blip being a coincidence in Doomrider, I never knew that. That freakin' rocks!

Also, I believe we should start the Daizenshuu EX Wikipedia Army!
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:35 pm

Meri wrote:
Taku128 wrote:I started my share of editing wikipedia by moving Cui to Kyui (Other than Mr. Satan's page, none of the other pages use the english dub name, examples being Vegetto, Tenshinhan, Coola, Freeza, and Chaozu) and I put in a request for Broly to be moved to Broli. I hope we Daizex members can really clean up the Dragon Ball wikipedia pages.
That was kinda the goal for this episode: Daizenshuu EX - For a Better Wikipedia Tomorrow! :D

Please remember to always check the discussion and history pages on the Wikipedia articles to see what has already been changed or revised (for better or worse). :)
Which is why I went and did that. The first thing that needs to be fixed(in my opinion) is name inconsistancies, because it gets confusing when some pages use the Japanese names and others use the English names. Also, I cracked up when you mentioned Robot Party Week. Yay for Futurama! :D
­

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:32 pm

Mistah Jeff Miller, if you're reading this, you have now officially made one of my favorite episodes of the Daizex podcasts XD

You should see how many retarted things I've seen on the One Piece character articles and such, too. In fact, they're anal about NOT using the original Japanese names. Not that I don't blame them, but it prettymuch completely contradicts what this asshat that was getting on your case was ranting about o_O

I've really been enjoying a lot, and they're getting better and better as they go along. I'll be entering in this contest since the prize is something I'm looking for. Just for some clarification, does it have to be JUST ki-based moves, making things like Guldo's time freeze and such-such unusable, and also can the move be something we've made up or does it have to be something that prexists in the show?

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Kirbopher wrote:Just for some clarification, does it have to be JUST ki-based moves, making things like Guldo's time freeze and such-such unusable, and also can the move be something we've made up or does it have to be something that prexists in the show?
Yeah, I was gonna ask that, too. I was thinking of giving him a certain physical attack that's only seen once in early DB.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Kirbopher wrote:I've really been enjoying a lot, and they're getting better and better as they go along. I'll be entering in this contest since the prize is something I'm looking for. Just for some clarification, does it have to be JUST ki-based moves, making things like Guldo's time freeze and such-such unusable, and also can the move be something we've made up or does it have to be something that prexists in the show?
Good questions. I'll clarify here and update the official rules.

Any offensive technique pre-existing in the series that in some capacity requires the use of ki.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:27 pm

Do we have to include our name and address in the e-mail entry, are are you gonna ask the winner to provide it after they win?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:31 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Do we have to include our name and address in the e-mail entry, are are you gonna ask the winner to provide it after they win?
You don't need to include it :). I'll get in touch with the winner.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Hehe, thanks for answering my question. I would be really pissed if Toriyama just ripped the idea of the genki-dama off of a song!

Anyways, I've seen Doomrider before, but never noticed the countdown. After watching it again, I was laughing so hard at the "8?" sign.

Ah yes, Wikipedia. I almost laughed myself to death when Mike said "His name is not Hercu1e" in a whiny voice after listing a gazillion reason why naming the article "Mr. Satan" is appropriate.

What!? No top 5??
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Do we have to include our name and address in the e-mail entry, are are you gonna ask the winner to provide it after they win?
You don't need to include it :). I'll get in touch with the winner.
Oops, I already sent mine in with information included.

That doesn't disqualify my entry does it?
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:16 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:That doesn't disqualify my entry does it?
No, of course not :P. No worries!

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:54 pm

Nice podcast as usual. I was checking out the DBZ video games section of Wikipedia, and found the article for Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu. Of course, it claimed that..........it was the first Dragonball Z game to feature Brolly :x . I changed it to "This is the first DBZ game released in North America to feature Broly" for great justice. :D

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:01 pm

lol..."thing"... sorry man Iam retarded. Thanks for answering my e-mail though. On a different note...does anyone ever just go on Wikipedia to see the misinformation? No? Ok...I suppose Iam the only one lol.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:08 pm

Yes! I have a good chance with this contest!!!
..unfortunately, my questions weren't asked on the podcast (oh poo :cry: )

Please, Please tape Juilian doing the outro for the podcast. Juilian does it great and Vegetto does it... different. :lol:
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 am

You guys inspired me and I changed a bit of Mr. Satan's page.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:12 am

Wow... much more rambling nonsense than usual.

It was an OK episode overall, nothing amazing though. Keep it up, guys! You're getting close to the 50 episode mark! Hopefully the future episodes will have more interesting topics. (I like the ones that analyze characters and story arcs the best)

On a side-note: Circuit City has DBZ Movie 13 for $10.99 on Tuesday. At least that's what their ad says! Hope I can get it!!

Chao. :D
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:21 pm

I'm listening now. It's so good. ^^

The Ano-Yo-Ichi Budokai was all VHS? :shock:

"Three-way." XD
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.