Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:44 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:DB Super don't have fillers.
Sure it does. Super has had plenty of filler. What do you call the episode where Goku is unable to control his ki? Or the Dr. Slump crossover? Those things were clearly not meant to have any bearing on canon, but were included just to fill the void between arcs and have silly, nonsensical fun. Especially the Dr. Slump crossover. If that were canon, then Vegeta would be self-aware that he is just a character in an anime, which would mean that the anime's universe is just an anime even within its own canon.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:15 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Sure it does.
I think the reason some say Super doesn't have filler is because the associate the word with content not present in a manga so with Super not being based of a manga, they assume it doesn't have filler which is false. The word filler like you said, is used to describe content that isn't a part of the main story which can apply to anything, not just manga based anime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Zelvin wrote:SSG was already a thing before Toyataro. Sure, Toya put SSG Vegeta in the manga first, but since we already knew you needed to have SSG before SSB, there hadn't been any reason for Vegeta to show it off before now. All their doing in the new movie is what Goku was doing against Jiren. They're just testing the waters and raising their abilities one level up each time. Which also means we're likely to skip over SS3 since even Goku knows it'll be pointless to use it.

And not sure why you try to claim that the anime has filler when the Anime is the Main Canon in this instance, not Toyataro's manga. We get that you like the Manga more, but that's not the primary influence here. Also, Whis never contradicted what he was thinking during the ToP. He was just explaining things to the other gods and Angels what Goku and co were doing, since they didn't know about these forms.
Exactly. Vegeta has had SSG ever since he had SSB during RoF in the anime continuity he just never used it because there was no reason to. This is not an example of something being adapted from Toyo's manga. (Thank God)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:51 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Sure it does. Super has had plenty of filler. What do you call the episode where Goku is unable to control his ki? Or the Dr. Slump crossover? Those things were clearly not meant to have any bearing on canon, but were included just to fill the void between arcs and have silly, nonsensical fun. Especially the Dr. Slump crossover. If that were canon, then Vegeta would be self-aware that he is just a character in an anime, which would mean that the anime's universe is just an anime even within its own canon.
Goku's episode without the ki was needed to explain why he can't spam Kaioken and guess what he didn't in the next arc. They needed everyone but Goku know Monoka is weak and that happened in the Goku vs fake Beerus fight and this later brought back in the U.S arc. Goku's zeni in #1 was also brought back up several episodes later as a plot point. Copy Vegeta arc was brought up in the Trunks arc and all of Hit's new techniques again in the ToP. Plus these episodes are also used to flesh out characters and their world otherwise it will be like the manga where relationships are barebone and non existent especially between U6 & 7. The episode where Goku wants to wish King Kai back also nicely tied up the loose plot point of the spare time machine Bulma had. Or the Great Saiyaman episodes used to ease the audience back into Gohan as a character for the upcoming arc and the same for Krillin.

Yes the Slump episode obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously but that is one example you've blown up, most of these in-between episodes that do have a bearing on the show, it further helped develop these characters and the world they're in.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Zelvin wrote:SSG was already a thing before Toyataro. Sure, Toya put SSG Vegeta in the manga first, but since we already knew you needed to have SSG before SSB, there hadn't been any reason for Vegeta to show it off before now. All their doing in the new movie is what Goku was doing against Jiren. They're just testing the waters and raising their abilities one level up each time. Which also means we're likely to skip over SS3 since even Goku knows it'll be pointless to use it.

And not sure why you try to claim that the anime has filler when the Anime is the Main Canon in this instance, not Toyataro's manga. We get that you like the Manga more, but that's not the primary influence here. Also, Whis never contradicted what he was thinking during the ToP. He was just explaining things to the other gods and Angels what Goku and co were doing, since they didn't know about these forms.
Exactly. Vegeta has had SSG ever since he had SSB during RoF in the anime continuity he just never used it because there was no reason to. This is not an example of something being adapted from Toyo's manga. (Thank God)
More headcanon. If vegeta had ssj god, why did he not bother to utilize the form at all, but willing to use ssj so much? if vegeta had ssj god, why didn't the show, or akira toriyama say he had it? What was the point of sayain beyond god base? lol. It's now since vegeta gets ssj god, you try to convey "He always had it", alright. So a form Akira never even created nor did toei is a form vegeta somehow "always had" in the anime continuty...okay. We'll see. I can't WAIT for this movie NOT to have kaioken or evolution...OR EVEN NOTFIY THEIR EXISTENCE in this movie.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:06 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Exactly, a lot of those filler probably weren't checked by akira toriyama and thus will have absloutly no relevance in future REAL coontitnuation of the franchise. Unlike the manga where akira checks over everything and usally gives the A-OK. I mean, the manga came up with ssj god vegeta and akira used that for his movie (a form he had no previous conceived for vegeta), while kaioken and evolution aren't show to have any appearance in HIS orginal crafted movie. It seems that akira prefences for the manga events of the story will maybe play a role in this movie. Though I don't get why goku has to have that little emblem on his GI, I wished they could have taken it out but I think akira likes it.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:14 pm

"Filler" has a very specific meaning, particularly in the realm of shonen anime: material that was not present in the existing source material it is being adapted from (generally an existing/ongoing/completed manga serialization).

As Dragon Ball Super was initially and primarily developed as a television series, it does not have traditional "filler" material.

(To head things off: no, Toriyama's underlying notes do not constitute "existing source material it is being adapted from").

I realize that it's a very easy, comfortable, and descriptive term to use to describe one-off episodes that have no larger bearing on the show or structure of anything. However, words do have meanings, and if we do not use them for their intended meanings in their surrounding context, productive conversation cannot take place; we instead end up with fruitless side conversations like these that distract and derail.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
We have seen Beerus all go out in the manga, he used UI but wasn't perfect. He only dodged but didn't attack if I remember correctly. If Broly goes one on one against completed UI then Broly > Beerus I guess

Pretty sure hakai won't work if you are stronger. There are some hax that will work, mafuba and ginyu body swap. But hakai isn't one of that. Freeza vs hakai energy and Vegeta vs Toppo proved that.

Manga and anime are seperate continuities. You cannot use manga as definitive argument for anime facts.

Furthermore it was never stated Hakai cannot be used against stronger foes.

I don't take those things for raw facts. Beerus has proven to be far stronger than we thought several times before.

The fact one hasn't mastered UI or not does not equally means he cannot be weaker than someone who has partially mastered it.

Jiren probably didn't use UI at all, and was a big match still for MUI Goku, so why could a Beerus that partially manages UI still couldn't be a very tough call for MUI Goku?
"Furthermore it was never stated Hakai cannot be used against stronger foes"

But it also was never stated the other way around now did it?

"I don't take those things for raw facts. Beerus has proven to be far stronger than we thought several times before."

Yes thats rights until the TOP & Jiren came in the picture.
Never before they talked about a mortal that a GoD can't defeat or a mortal that might even surpass a GoD (rumour is true said Whis). And this was before Jiren powered up and has his hidden power.

"Jiren probably didn't use UI at all, and was a big match still for MUI Goku, so why could a Beerus that partially manages UI still couldn't be a very tough call for MUI Goku?"

I

There is a reason why GoD's are willing to get MUI. There is a reason Whis told Goku and Vegeta from the beginning to go for MUI. There is a reason why GoD's feared MUI and respect them. They know that MUI is stronger then them.

Now I have a question for you: what makes you thing after the ToP that Beerus is as strong or stronger then Jiren. No assumptions just one good argument that fits. Besides the regularly one: he hasn't go full power yet!?

That's reverse argumenting.
The one who claims has to proove, not the other way around. I've said 'we don't know', there is no confirmation yet.

Now you proove to me MUI Goku definetely looses against Beerus.

He can be stronger, as strong or weaker than MUI. We haven't gotten any conclusions storywise besides the Gods standing up for a short moment.
That could have meant "Yes, for a mortal we respect and didn't expected that kind of strength" rather than " He will definetely pound us".

I would rather assume that when Goku rises above Beerus, Beerus or at least Whis would tell or acknowledge it, if not during a battle.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

Manga and anime are seperate continuities. You cannot use manga as definitive argument for anime facts.

Furthermore it was never stated Hakai cannot be used against stronger foes.

I don't take those things for raw facts. Beerus has proven to be far stronger than we thought several times before.

The fact one hasn't mastered UI or not does not equally means he cannot be weaker than someone who has partially mastered it.

Jiren probably didn't use UI at all, and was a big match still for MUI Goku, so why could a Beerus that partially manages UI still couldn't be a very tough call for MUI Goku?

"I don't take those things for raw facts. Beerus has proven to be far stronger than we thought several times before."

Never before they talked about a mortal that a GoD can't defeat or a mortal that might even surpass a GoD (rumour is true said Whis). And this was before Jiren powered up and has his hidden power.

"Jiren probably didn't use UI at all, and was a big match still for MUI Goku, so why could a Beerus that partially manages UI still couldn't be a very tough call for MUI Goku?"

I

There is a reason why GoD's are willing to get MUI. There is a reason Whis told Goku and Vegeta from the beginning to go for MUI. There is a reason why GoD's feared MUI and respect them. They know that MUI is stronger then them.

Now I have a question for you: what makes you thing after the ToP that Beerus is as strong or stronger then Jiren. No assumptions just one good argument that fits. Besides the regularly one: he hasn't go full power yet!?

The one who claims has to proove, not the other way around. I've said 'we don't know', there is no confirmation yet.

He can be stronger, as strong or weaker than MUI. We haven't gotten any conclusions storywise besides the Gods standing up for a short moment.
That could have meant "Yes, for a mortal we respect and didn't expected that kind of strength" rather than " He will definetely pound us".

I would rather assume that when Goku rises above Beerus, Beerus or at least Whis would tell or acknowledge it, if not during a battle.
I mean, MUI Goku managed to defeat Jiren, who himself is supposed to be more powerful than Belmod, and supplementary material stated that Goku with Ultra Instinct managed to surpass the GoDs. The implication seems to be that if he isn’t stronger than Beerus, he’s at the very least on par with him.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:22 pm

1345521 wrote: It seems you have something against the manga...
Not really. I have my problems with the manga, but that's not relevant to this discussion. Even if I hated the manga it wouldn't invalidate any point I've made here.
1345521 wrote:But anyway. That pre production stuff is headcanon. The fact is manga came out in June, the anime came out in July.
No. It isn't "headcanon". It's fact that the anime was planned first. It takes way more time to make a series of multiple 22-minute cartoons than it does a 40-page monthly comic book. I'd go on longer but VegettoEX's link does the job for me.
1345521 wrote:A big crux of your argument is that popularity = canonitcity which is absloutly stupid.
I have never said anything like this. Don't misrepresent my arguments, and don't insult me. I got busted for being an ass in this argument before and I'm doing everything I can to be better here. Nothing here is about canon, it's about the anime, how important a property it's considered by the people who own the series, and why it would make no sense for them to suddenly start following a much more niche and indeed more controversial piece of the Super puzzle, even outside the continuity differences.
1345521 wrote:But it dosent matter, I got better amo. Akira toriyama likes dbs manga way better then toei-trash super. So me and toyotaro are good. :D
You know, earlier you were trying to slam me for being biased against the manga. I'd really prefer you treat us as if we're on an equal playing field here.
1345521 wrote:Also I dissagree, the reason why there debate of manga vs anime is because they are largely differnt. Db manga and anime were more about the same just anime had filler.
But in pretty much every show of Dragon Ball's type (One Piece, Naruto, Black Clover etc), the pacing, filler and artwork is a huge point of discussion since those things totally can hamper one's enjoyment of the show, and almost nobody ever tells you to forgo the manga for the anime in those instances.
1345521 wrote:And MOST people preferred the anime over db manga.
I don't think either of us have any actual proof of this, but I'm pretty sure most people who've read the comics and watched the tv show would say the manga is better, even if they were watching Kai.
1345521 wrote:Many fans haven't even read the manga since we are content with the anime, which includes me...somewhat. I don't even both reading the manga because I got the anime (Z not trash Kai) to give me everything the manga did but with the benefits of being an anime plus with some extra cool fillers that bring an already great manga to life.
You're criticizing the manga and saying it's worse than the anime, but you haven't even read it. Manga offers a huge variety of appeal separate from the tv show. That you can treat me and the series the way you have without even reading the thing you're condemning is honestly insulting.
1345521 wrote:The bigger question is the fact you have such a LARGS COMMUNITY who don't like the supers anime but rather take on the manga version is really concering. The fact the manga is so popular in this fandom is a :!: since we got an anime.
It's not though. People who steadfastly prefer the manga and condemn the anime exist in every anime community. It's not concerning at all, it happens everywhere. Hell, for One Piece I am one, because the show has the animation of a pop-up book and somehow moves slower than Dragon Ball Z ever did. I think most people who have both watched and read either series will tell you the manga is a more solid experience, even aside from their personal preference.
1345521 wrote:The dbs anime was so good, most people wouldn't even care about toyotaro. But the fact that toyotaro community is a loud vocal minority even though it's promoted as utterly irrelevant is concerning...
Well, no, because you said it yourself, it's a vocal minority. Vocal minorities exist for tons of stuff, they're no more concerning than any other fandom minority, nor are they any more likely to be listened to (or at least, it wouldn't be a good idea). I mean, there's probably some people out there who think the best piece of Dragon Ball material is the GT manga. And they can have that opinion fine, but they're a minority opinion, the same as with this.
1345521 wrote:No one really cared about db manga except to get accurate informTion in these debates. Because people were content with the show and satisfied.
That is a seriously warped view of the manga fans. I suggest you don't talk shit about people who are fans of a thing you haven't even bothered to read because you just assumed it wouldn't be as good.
1345521 wrote:...And imagine how better the anime of the manga and anime swapped places... LOOOOOLL. We get an adapted version of manga in anime, and the events of anime were comprised into manga..with the terrible art and writing etc. Hahahah, THE ANIME WOULD BE STEAM ROLLING THE MANGA and whoever who'd be writing that manga would have probably been fired already. Toei just got lucky they are toei, so they can get away with stuff Toyo can't. Ht hopefully that changes, an manga adaption and total dbs reboot here we come!
Even if what you said happened, I guarantee the manga would have a diehard vocal minority group claiming it's better despite all evidence pointing otherwise. After all, that's the way it already is. But it still doesn't matter. There's plenty of reasons I disagree, but both our opinions on quality are irrelevant. This isn't a manga vs. anime quality war. Even if the manga actually was better, the question posed is why we should assume that Toei would suddenly change to this, in your own words, vocal minority idea when what they've been doing is easier for them, makes tons of money and is preferred by the majority of the fandom.
1345521 wrote:It seems like you DONT UNDERSTAND. Akir a toriyama is writing this movie, HE CAN WRITE IT HOWEVER THE HECK HE WANTS, and will personally review EVERYTHINF so toei dosent screw it up. If Akira wants to call back to something in super that goes beyond his notes, you think he'll use manga of anime? And the forms? Kaio-blue what? Evol..ution - what? Heck out of here. Mssj blue would probably make Akira more happy Nd would use that over the toei forms AND THERES NOTHING TOEI CAN DO TO STOP HIM. MuahahHa. If this movie refrences absolutely to nothing in anime "filler"...that's a good sign. But If not only that...we get. REFRENCE to MANGA FILLER...It's over... :twisted:
But let's wait for the movie and more information. :angel:
Again, you're asserting that if Goku and Vegeta don't use their anime-only forms, they're not ever going to again. I literally see no reason to believe that, and no reason to assume that the manga will be referenced in an anime production. Why would Toriyama reference story beats for an anime script from a manga he knows was never adapted? You keep saying "he likes it better" but that doesn't mean he'll make a decision that wrecks the anime's canon while the manga still exists just because.

Even if he did, the pre-production phase of whatever next TV show Super gets will probably predate however much of the manga Toyotaro can finish, since his chapters are 40 pages long and monthly, while the original anime couldn't keep up with a manga that had the same amount of content released more than twice as often. Given that this movie is focusing on efficiency and modernization, they're probably going to have a long pre-pro phase for the next series too, especially after Super's very short phase crippled the animation early on.
1345521 wrote:I hope we get back to anime adapting manga. Even if it means toei going on an entire reboot. Giving toyotaro a good 3 year head start. And I really hope this movie takes that next step in making it a reality.
Listen, I'm sure the truth here is you just really prefer the manga's version of these events, and that's fine. I get it. I've long wished for Toei to make a new One Piece series like DB Kai, that cuts filler, doesn't stretch the content beyond enjoyment levels (all ignoring the rigid non-animation) etc, but I can be real with myself and know that that's probably not going to happen because they'd have no reason to fufill my niche interest wishes while the original show and manga are still running and making truckloads of cash.

But you're pushing mental gymnastics and disrespect onto others and yourself to get into this weird mindset of thinking it's at all likely or what everyone wants or something. Prefer whatever you want, want whatever you want, but ignoring facts, telling others that they're wrong for disagreeing with what you want, and patronizing and making fun of them to this degree, isn't gonna get you anywhere. I should know, since I acted like a douche before, and I'm trying to do better, but getting this in response isn't exactly encouraging.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:

I

I mean, MUI Goku managed to defeat Jiren, who himself is supposed to be more powerful than Belmod, and supplementary material stated that Goku with Ultra Instinct managed to surpass the GoDs. The implication seems to be that if he isn’t stronger than Beerus, he’s at the very least on par with him.

It was stated MUI was a state the Gods couldn't reach, a "state", that's not a confirmation one is more powerfull than each God after mastering UI.
He had one hell of a tough battle against a guy who probably didn't even use God-Ki, let alone partial UI like Beerus.

Whis statement only tells Jiren is stronger than Belmod. It doesn't say anything about Goku passing Beerus. Later Beerus referenced he lost only lost to the other God in an arm wrestling contest. That hardly was a serious statement from Whis, he was trolling Beerus with that one.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:53 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Please don’t put words into my mouth when you don’t know ANYTHING about me. Thanks.

Well i always WAS going to watch it. But not if they decide to troll us all by replacing MUI Goku with a stupid SSJ Blue Gogeta. And i think i know myself better than others do. I’m really eager to see this movie, but Ultra Instinct means the world to me. And as an incredible fanboy of it, i absolutely cannot let them go unpunished if they were to exclude him from the movie.
So you’re one of those fans who just cares for the transformations in dragon ball.
If you won’t see a movie because it lacks a form, you didn’t really care about the movie to begin with. The way i see it is, UI not showing up makes it even more of a special form. That way, when it does show up, it will feel that much for special. We don’t want UI to become another SSB.
And this goes for you too, don’t put words into my mouth. That said, does it really matter “WHY” i love a show or movie? We are all different fans for different reasons. Anyone can have any reason he or she prefers to be a fan of a show. There are NO objective rules or laws out there that state you have to be “this kind of fan” or “that kind of fan”. Anyone can be a fan of a show for whatever reason said individual choses. This is 100% subjective and personal. We are all 100% free. If i like Dragon Ball mainly for transformations, techniques, fights and powerscaling, than so be it. Does that make me a bad person? Does that make me any less of a fan? Hell no! Like i said. THERE ARE NO objective rules and standards floating around in space that determine what makes more or less of a fan.

Dragon Ball is a show mainly about fighting, strength, transformations etc. Why would one be considered “bad” for being attracted to exactly what Dragonball is??? That makes no sense.

Do i care about this movie other than MUI Goku? To a degree. It’s a canonical continuation where they bring in another “completely new” Saiyan with a different evolution. Beerus and Whis will appear, Vegeta gets a time to shine, ofcourse i’m interested in seeing all of these things too. So again, don’t speak for me. I can do that myself.
First off, i didn’t put any words in your mouth at all. Second off, i didn’t say that you’re wrong for liking only a certain kind of part of Dragon Ball. Thats 2 things that you got wrong. All i said was, clearly if a lack of Ultra Instinct would make you skip out on the movie, you never really cared about any other content from the movie to begin with. Or at the very most, you don’t care nearly as much as you do about seeing UI. You even went as far as to say that this movie not having UI is a troll move.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:38 pm

The continued posts in this thread do not live up to the spirit of the community guidelines.

Account strikes will be issued liberally from here on out. Account strikes add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website. It would be a shame if you were unable to comment on the film any further, and/or visit the website at all to continue learning about the franchise.

All would do well to review the rules, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:07 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
In the original manga something like that happened at least twice :lol:

And I know these episodes were mostly made to fill the void between the sagas or something, but it's like VegettoEX said: technically Super have "fillers", not FILLERS.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Goku's episode without the ki was needed to explain why he can't spam Kaioken and guess what he didn't in the next arc.
No it wasn't as Goku had already justified not using it for the time being after giving up against Hit.
They needed everyone but Goku know Monoka is weak and that happened in the Goku vs fake Beerus fight and this later brought back in the U.S arc.
I don't see why that would be needed. Beerus still had an excuse ready anyways.
Goku's zeni in #1 was also brought back up several episodes later as a plot point. Copy Vegeta arc was brought up in the Trunks arc and all of Hit's new techniques again in the ToP.
Copy Vegeta is brought up in a throwaway line, that Trunks doesn't comment on before immediately starting an actual plot relevant conversation, showing how it's just a fun tiny reference to an earlier event in the show. It has no bearing on anything, since they don't do more with it.

Hit's techniques were at least a good showcase of what he could do, but then he goes and makes up a new technique to combat Jiren anyways.
The episode where Goku wants to wish King Kai back also nicely tied up the loose plot point of the spare time machine Bulma had.
That is true at least.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:01 pm

You guys think Ultra Instinct will show up despite not having designs of it? (yet)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Noah wrote:You guys think Ultra Instinct will show up despite not having designs of it? (yet)
It's still definitely a possibility. I don't understand the people that believe that UI, SSBKK, and SSBE aren't going to show up because of no designs (yet/shown). If that logic was followed, then the only characters are going to be shown are Whis, Broli, Beerus Goku, Vegeta, Paragus, Freeza, Piccolo Freeza henchmen and Bulma, but Bulma shouldn't even be shown because we've never seen her sheet.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Noah wrote:You guys think Ultra Instinct will show up despite not having designs of it? (yet)
50/50 for me. While UI sheets not being revealed yet can be seen as proof, that’s kinda stupid and flimsy proof. Why would they reveal as surprise like UI in character design sheets?

But I'm a firm believer that we’ll get Gogeta in this movie and i feel like both Gogeta and UI is kinda too much. I’d rather have it where we get SSB Gogeta and save UI for an arc that has a conflict on a much bigger scale than just Earth or Universe 7. Which hopefully would mean that UI doesn’t become spammed like SSB and it keeps to specialness about it.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 am

I think it will , not showing the designs is just a trick , same like in last anime episode the after tournament talking when goku said “ I don’t know how to do u.i again “ , come on, ultra instinct merchandising is there waiting to be shopped .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:52 am

Don't you think that UI Omen will appear in the manga based off a digitally altered image?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations