Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Mnich » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:42 am

Oracle wrote: Vegeta knew the legend of the SS, Frieza the legend of the SSG (SS too) and Cabba knew about the LSS. Right?
Cabba knew about Legendary Saiyan. Legendary Super Saiyan was a bad translation, as Saiyans from U6 never knew about Super Saiyans.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Gt91 wrote: Well nevermind, it could be UI vegeta or something else.
Same thing, if that was the case Vegeta would be labelled just not specified what form. But in this case especially the two characters are labelled as new (新).

But the other interesting thing is the Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of prize figures, the Full Power Broly from the Ichiban Kuji is roughly a whopping 35cm tall (comparison with June's SSGSS Goku). So these two new characters have got to be important for them to be apart of the line up (and over Vegeta and Freeza).
Oh xD
Well, we'll see soon who are these characters :)

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:23 am

According to one translation, the tagline reads as "Destructive power that surpasses the Gods of Destruction?!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 am

MoscoSama wrote:Image

According to one translation, the tagline reads as "Destructive power that surpasses the Gods of Destruction?!"
It makes sense. I already predicted Broly to be stronger than Beerus and Jiren.
This way Broly will keep his high reputation as always, and it will make the movie more interesting.
It would be awesome if this time Beerus too joined the fight, and it’s also clear at this point that Goku and Vegeta will need to achieve UI or fuse to bring Broly’s down, unless he self-destructs because of too much power.
I wouldn’t mind Beerus dying as that would also make Whis go. The tension would be incredible without those two around.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:38 am

emperior wrote:It’s also clear at this point that Goku and Vegeta will need to achieve UI or fuse to bring Broly’s down, unless he self-destructs because of too much power.
I think Vegeta getting UI will be saved for a Vegeta focused arc (Planet Sadal) so if UI is what takes Broly down it'll be Goku who does it. I still think there's a very likely chance Gogeta will be the one who takes him down but as of now I'm still putting UI Goku above that. Him self destructing instead will be a major plot twist and surprise but even if that's not how he goes down it may play a part in it cause otherwise the manga wouldn't have mentioned that in regards to Kale.
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:41 am

emperior wrote:
MoscoSama wrote:Image

It makes sense. I already predicted Broly to be stronger than Beerus and Jiren.
This way Broly will keep his high reputation as always, and it will make the movie more interesting.
It would be awesome if this time Beerus too joined the fight, and it’s also clear at this point that Goku and Vegeta will need to achieve UI or fuse to bring Broly’s down, unless he self-destructs because of too much power.
I wouldn’t mind Beerus dying as that would also make Whis go. The tension would be incredible without those two around.
Goku still has the Zeno button, plus he can do the Hakai, plus not having berrus and sumpreme Kai would really drastically lower universe 7 mortal and you took out of the story fan favorites. The tone of this movie is to excite and give them a enjoyable movie to sit back and just watch, I doubt they'll put anything that weighty. It'll tick people off.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:49 am

1345521 wrote:Goku can do the Hakai.
Not in the anime which this follows.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 am

Jiren should be stronger. The end of the film should just be Jiren vs Broly as that is what would be the most exciting even though it makes no real sense.

Fusion is just cheating and the easy way out and we just had Ultra Instinct last time and seeing it probably fail again the second time would be boring. Fusion will probably happen though.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:56 am

sintzu wrote:
Let him be, it’s pointless to argue with him. He won’t accept it, even though there’s all the proof and the fact that Toyotaro is writing his own version of the movie to be in his continuity.
This guy is basically disconnected from the movie’s discussion, as he is talking about the future manga’s version of it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:57 am

sintzu wrote:
Ehhhh. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Goku stole Beerus' hakai attack. He's a master of stealing other people's special moves. He even stole Krillin's Destructo Disk during the Tournament of Power, and that was all that poor noseless imp had. lol

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:59 am

sintzu wrote:
It won't follow the anime, we literally had like 3 pages of thread talking about this (and I won't hesitate to create it again :evil: ). This movie is more then likely going to follow it's own continuity that'll involve little to no manga and anime fillers except of Akira likes it so much that he really wants to put it in his movie (ssj god vegeta). It continues AFTER the anime since the anime is ahead, but it probably won't strictly follow the anime continuity. NO KAIOKEN, NO EVOLUTION or no signs of ANY TOEI FILLERS. Therefore it's not a strict continuation for only toeis anime.

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Even if goku did use hakai, there is no guarantee it would work since atleast in the anime continuity we've seen Freeza and Vegeta overpower/survive hakai which means that if you have enough power or more power than said hakai/fighter you can survive it

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Goku stole Beerus' hakai attack.
It can be introduced here just like Vegeta's SsjG form but as far as we know Goku doesn't have that attack in the anime.
emperior wrote:Let him be, it’s pointless to argue with him. He won’t accept it.
Toriyama already said the movie follows the anime's events while the manga will get its own version that differs from the movie so I don't know what's there to accept. At this point it's a common fact.
1345521 wrote:It won't follow the anime, we literally had like 3 pages of thread talking about this and I won't hesitate to create it again :evil:.
I'm sure you won't so I won't allow it to start.

From Toriyama himself : "The Dragon Ball Super movie will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV". "the Dragon Ball Super comic will (have) story developments different from the movie".

Those are undeniable, unarguable facts.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/03/12/of ... a-comment/

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:07 pm

MoscoSama wrote:Even if goku did use hakai, there is no guarantee it would work since atleast in the anime continuity we've seen Freeza and Vegeta overpower/survive hakai which means that if you have enough power or more power than said hakai/fighter you can survive it
It’s also been shown that the Hakai isn’t the hax technique people believe it is. If say for example Yamcha learned it, he wouldn’t be able to beat Goku with it because he wouldn’t have enough power.
So Goku can kill Broly with the Hakai only if he is stronger, and in that case he wouldn’t necessarily have to use it to win.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Hakai is the new Kienzan for people. For 20 years they also claimed a level 0 Kienzan could destroy a level 1000 enemy who is unimaginably stronger so of course we will hear this argument more often in the future.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:13 pm

emperior wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Let him be, it’s pointless to argue with him. He won’t accept it, even though there’s all the proof and the fact that Toyotaro is writing his own version of the movie to be in his continuity.
This guy is basically disconnected from the movie’s discussion, as he is talking about the future manga’s version of it.
Empeiror, I'm a little lost, here. I ...I can't seem to find where kaioken or evolution are in this movie...that's really weird. Also...wait...isn't ssj god vegeta supposed in the is movie too? Didn't ( AKIRAS CHOSEN ONE SUCESSOR)toyotaro come up with that?
Hm... Interesting.
Also, this movie right... Isn't it going to be 100% (or largely) Akiras story? Like... I heard he's like going (CHECK EVERYTHING FROM TOEI TO MAKE SURE THEY DIDNT DO ANY NONSENSE THATLL RUIN HIS MOVIE) a lot of things from toei? Okay... So we can assume, I'd think, that this movie is going to be Akiras authentic own story. Toei can't add anything he dosent want or probably came up with... Makes sense
On that note...Hm...if I remember correctly, hasn't toriyama stated how much he preferred (HIS CHOSEN ONE SUCESSOR) toyotaro manga over toei. If that be true, and we know it is his 100% authentic story. Dosent that mean he'll be more likely to use things from the manga side then the anime side if he so pleases? Ah! That may explain why ssj god vegeta is here, but not kaioken or evolution.
But... I'm just the "disconnected" guy who ignores the "facts", What do I know...? :D

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:16 pm

The movie cannot be 100% Toriyama-san's own story because it is a reboot from him. He literally reboots stuff that is not his. That does not magically overwrite who the original creator of the original story was (and by "original" I do not mean the source material Dragon Ball but the Broly stuff by Koyama-san). Koyama-san will always be the one who did it first and rebooting it will not go with an eraser over that and make Toriyama-san the original creator of Broly and Broly's story. He cannot change time, only make his own interpretation of something that is not his.
Last edited by Cetra on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1025411187197050880

"2 important Points in this Scan(Saikyo Jump)

1. As This Enemy is Clearly the Strongest;
Those who believe that Goku will win may lose confidence.
(Right Side : Written in Blue)

2. Destruction Power more than the God of Destruction!? (Written Besides Broly Base Form : Left Side)"

Broly is probably stronger than Beerus.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:19 pm

So Goku will not win?
That's not a surprise, he hasn't won proper since forever..

So who's gonna win? Not got so not UI, not Vegeta coz he's Vegeta... Freeza's gonna save the day isn't he?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:So Goku will not win?
That's not a surprise, he hasn't won proper since forever..

So who's gonna win? Not got so not UI, not Vegeta coz he's Vegeta... Freeza's gonna save the day isn't he?
I think Broly will eventually leave the planet. Similiar to Beerus.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy