Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: When has he ever done that? And show evidence.
https://twitter.com/emperorbigd/status/ ... 4607255553
Could you read the part about his history with this guy before talking crap about him? And regardless, I seem to remember him making a video apologizing for this very act, did he not? What he did was wrong but he had the guts to apologize for it. Something a lot of people (probably including yourself) would never do.
I remember geekdom101 once tweeted against a YouTuber who is an obese black person with a brace and mocked him for being Diabetic. That is not cool, I am also Diabetic, and not respectful.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Could you read the part about his history with this guy before talking crap about him?
Doesn't justify him showing this kids personal info to thousands of others
Not like he gave the guy's personal address or his social security number he literally just said his name and the area he lives in.
Green_Goblin wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Could you read the part about his history with this guy before talking crap about him? And regardless, I seem to remember him making a video apologizing for this very act, did he not? What he did was wrong but he had the guts to apologize for it. Something a lot of people (probably including yourself) would never do.
I remember geekdom101 once tweeted against a YouTuber who is an obese black person with a brace and mocked him for being Diabetic. That is not cool, I am also Diabetic, and not respectful.
You're going to have to have proof if you are going to make claims like that.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:38 pm

PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Could you read the part about his history with this guy before talking crap about him?
Not like he gave the guy's personal address or his social security number he literally just said his name and the area he lives in.
Green_Goblin wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Could you read the part about his history with this guy before talking crap about him? And regardless, I seem to remember him making a video apologizing for this very act, did he not? What he did was wrong but he had the guts to apologize for it. Something a lot of people (probably including yourself) would never do.
You're going to have to have proof if you are going to make claims like that.
No problem, fam: https://twitter.com/emperorbigd/status/ ... 8911789057

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Could you read the part about his history with this guy before talking crap about him?
Exactly, stuff he probably got with a single google search. Thats less doxxing more ¨This is the guys name and a vague idea of where he lives¨

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Okay, why did this become yet another "let's shittalk Geekdom!" thread? And just before this, it was starting to turn into a power level discussion. Is it really that hard to stay on topic, guys?

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Daisetsu wrote:Okay, why did this become yet another "let's shittalk Geekdom!" thread? And just before this, it was starting to turn into a power level discussion. Is it really that hard to stay on topic, guys?
Its called these guys have a hate boner for the guy. I simply used his video as a credible source of information, and these guys go batshit crazy over it.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Daisetsu wrote:Okay, why did this become yet another "let's shittalk Geekdom!" thread? And just before this, it was starting to turn into a power level discussion. Is it really that hard to stay on topic, guys?
Its called these guys have a hate boner for the guy. I simply used his video as a credible source of information, and these guys go batshit crazy over it.
I think that the first part of your comment fits u more than it does any of geekdom's critics here (in this recent discussion at least). For next times: If you want to discuss official information bring it from an official source (there are tons of these around).

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I think that the first part of your comment fits u more than it does any of geekdom's critics here (in this recent discussion at least). For next times: If you want to discuss official information bring it from an official source (there are tons of these around).
Show me one thing in his video doesn't come from an official source and I will stop.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Its called these guys have a hate boner for the guy. I simply used his video as a credible source of information, and these guys go batshit crazy over it.
Show me one thing in his video doesn't come from an official source and I will stop.
So far there had not been any official source (with all due respect to that animator whose alleged interview can not be found as of now) that confirms it, all he basically do is repeat speculations (mostly tweets by Terez27 and that Xenoverse 2 data mine guy) with ALLEGED basis to it.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:43 pm

If I might weigh in.......

WHAT OTHER DB YOUTUBER IS BETTER AT THIS NEWS STUFF THAN GEEKDOM101?

Hmmm?

He's giving us the best news on the movie and other facets of the franchise given his position that he can, PLUS he has plenty of connections to high-profile community members like the VAs, the Kanzenshuu staff like Herms and Anime Ajay, etc. The man was one of the hosts of KamehaCon, and is constantly working his ass off to get the real information out. Even if you don't personally like the man, you can't deny that he knows what the hell he's talking about.

So posting his news updates here is perfectly fine in my book; if some of you lot are really dead-set on hating Geekdom, then just mute the video and put on subtitles.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote: I think that the first part of your comment fits u more than it does any of geekdom's critics here (in this recent discussion at least). For next times: If you want to discuss official information bring it from an official source (there are tons of these around).
So far there had not been any official source (with all due respect to that animator whose alleged interview can not be found as of now) that confirms it, all he basically do is repeat speculations (mostly tweets by Terez27 and that Xenoverse 2 data mine guy) with ALLEGED basis to it.
I agree. If you follow Herms or Terez on twitter you get quick translations and new information, instead of 10 minutes of rambling and speculation from random Youtubers

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:49 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Show me one thing in his video doesn't come from an official source and I will stop.
I agree. If you follow Herms or Terez on twitter you get quick translations and new information, instead of 10 minutes of rambling and speculation from random Youtubers
He says the same things as both of those sources you just mentioned. That goes to show how much you hate the guy personally for some reason.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote: So far there had not been any official source (with all due respect to that animator whose alleged interview can not be found as of now) that confirms it, all he basically do is repeat speculations (mostly tweets by Terez27 and that Xenoverse 2 data mine guy) with ALLEGED basis to it.
He says the same things as both of those sources you just mentioned. That goes to show how much you hate the guy personally for some reason.
Was just talking about Youtubers in general if you have any reading comprehension to see my comment. Anyways i don't want to derail, PM me if you have a problem with it

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Goddamn People are dumb, can we get back to talking about the actual movie in question here?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Goddamn People are dumb, can we get back to talking about the actual movie in question here?
Well, recent news suggests that Chelye, Lemo, and Kikono have more importance than their initial impressions would suggest.

And really, when have FREEZA SOLDIERS ever been important to the story as their own characters?

That's HUGE.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:11 pm

While these are incredbily damning citations, they have nothing to do with the subject at hand, and we have absolutely no interest in your dirty laundry.

If you are not interested in discussing the movie in this thread, this is not the place for you. All would do well to review the community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration. Account strikes have been issued; these add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website. Please take a step back and reconsider what it is you are looking to get out of your time here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Don’t copy links on here that aren’t “official”. The last thing I want to do is give some random youtuber some views with just speculation and stuff they’ve dug up.
...the last thing you want to do is give a Youtuber views who is working hard to cover any information we get? Seriously? that's the last thing you want to do?
People these days just don’t wanna see people prosper. I've seen people want to see Geekdom fail just because he’s so knowledgeable in dragon ball and is so successful because of it. There are always some people who think they’re knowledgeable about their favorite series and then they find out that there are people like Geekdom who know way more and even correct or debunk stuff that you thought was right but is actually wrong. And then they see how he’s so successful and are deep-down, really jealous. Don’t know if thats the case here, but its certainly the case a lot of the time. Basically people hate knowing that there is someone who knows more about their favorite series than they do. And the fact that those people who know more also have connections which gets them inside info just annoys people even more.
It has nothing to do with not wanting to see people prosper. I could care less about how people make their money. If you can make a living off of being a youtuber, then make your paper man. That’s awesome. I’m just not going to have these guys seem like “official sources” just because they are active members on this board. I looked this guy up and yeah it seems like he’s got a good following, but I don’t really care much for speculation and people giving their opinions when I’m searching for official posts/news. So when a guy posts a link to a guy on YouTube citing it as an official source, I get annoyed. Surely that is not unreasonable.

Yeah at this point everyone expects Gogeta to be in the movie. I’d like to see him, but I’m curious if they’ll handle it like they did Veggeto. Not giving the final blow, but almost finishing the job. As a Vegeta fan, I would love for them to fuse and Vegeta pick up some of the “secrets” to learning UI. I don’t think it’s unreasonable since both of them would have literally became one. Maybe exchanging knowledge.
How i predict the tournament will end:

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:34 pm

TheOne wrote: Yeah at this point everyone expects Gogeta to be in the movie. I’d like to see him, but I’m curious if they’ll handle it like they did Veggeto. Not giving the final blow, but almost finishing the job. As a Vegeta fan, I would love for them to fuse and Vegeta pick up some of the “secrets” to learning UI. I don’t think it’s unreasonable since both of them would have literally became one. Maybe exchanging knowledge.
As a vegeta fan myself I disagree for him to improve using that path .
TheOne wrote:So when a guy posts a link to a guy on YouTube citing it as an official source, I get annoyed.
Agree
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm

If I wasn't clear enough before, all further posts in this thread must be about the film itself. Additional account strikes can and will be issued.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:37 pm

I really like how they're hyping up SSG when it's more than likely only going to be used to briefly test how strong Broly is before immediately jumping into SSB.