Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:33 pm

vashter wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok call me crazy but unless it's a plot hole, 17 just brought back Universes 13 to 18 with his wish. I think the movie will follow up on this...

I don't see any reason to call you crazy there is many others going say same excat what you said, including myeslf, it obviously is line up with the movie, litreally 17 brought back all the universe were erease in zeno hands.
I hope it doesn't just end up as a plot hole and will never be brought up again
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:08 am

So after seeing the final episode of Super, I don't think we'll see MUI in the movie....

Maybe it'll be another Revenge of Cooler case and Goku will transform into MUI once more at the end of the movie?

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:11 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok call me crazy but unless it's a plot hole, 17 just brought back Universes 13 to 18 with his wish. I think the movie will follow up on this...
I really hope the movie expands on this, it would be very interesting.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:11 am

Firebolt wrote:So after seeing the final episode of Super, I don't think we'll see MUI in the movie....

Maybe it'll be another Revenge of Cooler case and Goku will transform into MUI once more at the end of the movie?
As long as we don’t get yet another new transformation.

Tatus

Post by Tatus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 am

WittyUsername wrote:
Firebolt wrote:So after seeing the final episode of Super, I don't think we'll see MUI in the movie....

As long as we don’t get yet another new transformation.
I could deal with another transformation, as long as it’s thought out and not just another colour with no back story.

We’ve done the god thing, we’ve seen someone master their instincts and obtain a form not even the gods could achieve. I’d like to see the saiyans an ultimate form, something like SSJ4.

It would have to be done at the cost of not using god form, but maybe the opponent has some sort of protection from it which makes the saiyans rely on tapping into their saiyan instinct or something...

Do we need it? Na, but could they come one with the need for another one? Sure as hell could.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:59 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:So there was supposed to be a "something special" at the end of Super, right? Anybody know what that was referring to? Were they talking about the teaser we got for the movie a few days ago?
I'm wondering the same thing.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:28 am

How much money is this movie expected to make compared to BOG and ROF?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:31 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote:How much money is this movie expected to make compared to BOG and ROF?
We don't know, but I think we all expect it to at least do as well as RoF and likely a good chunk more than that.
I'm thinking it'll make more than 100 million dollars.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:How much money is this movie expected to make compared to BOG and ROF?
We don't know, but I think we all expect it to at least do as well as RoF and likely a good chunk more than that.
I'm thinking it'll make more than 100 million dollars.
Its definitely possible, considering how successful Super has been.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 am

So we are up to 12 universes again (its not 18, until proven), jiren and goku will have a rematch in the future, and goku doesnt have UI according to himself. I guess the possibilities of this movies foe being jiren level or above has gone down a lot.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 am

With how successful Super appears to have been worldwide, it’ll be interesting to see how this movie does in NA with the limited release it’ll most likely receive.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:04 am

No cliffhanger at the end of Super. I hope they release some information at AnimeJapan. Its one of the biggest expo's in Japan, so hopefully we should get some.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:48 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:So there was supposed to be a "something special" at the end of Super, right? Anybody know what that was referring to? Were they talking about the teaser we got for the movie a few days ago?
I'm fairly certain it was the Goku vs Vegeta scene at the end.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:13 am

Firebolt wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
I'm fairly certain it was the Goku vs Vegeta scene at the end.
I believe the teaser was the special thing, because people aren't automatically expected to be up to date with every little teaser and stuff and so the statement was made to make everyone aware of it.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:36 am

Do you guys think 17 will be in the new movie at all? Or is he just gonna be off on his own after this arc? I would be surprised if they won't use him since he gained a lot of popularity thanks to his performance in the ToP.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:35 am

dhaval_dongre wrote:No cliffhanger at the end of Super. I hope they release some information at AnimeJapan. Its one of the biggest expo's in Japan, so hopefully we should get some.
Well Freeza was kinda a cliffhanger.

Also fairly sure AnimeJapan is over now, looks like the teaser is all we're getting.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:42 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Do you guys think 17 will be in the new movie at all? Or is he just gonna be off on his own after this arc? I would be surprised if they won't use him since he gained a lot of popularity thanks to his performance in the ToP.
I hope he will be in the movie, he's among my favorite characters and it would be sad if he was just a one-arc wonder.
The man is the MVP of a Multiversal Tournament, he must re-appear again!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:14 am

emperior wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Do you guys think 17 will be in the new movie at all? Or is he just gonna be off on his own after this arc? I would be surprised if they won't use him since he gained a lot of popularity thanks to his performance in the ToP.
I hope he will be in the movie, he's among my favorite characters and it would be sad if he was just a one-arc wonder.
The man is the MVP of a Multiversal Tournament, he must re-appear again!
I hope so as well. He became one of my favourites in this arc
Get Fucked, C_unt

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:29 am

So I read somewhere that we might be getting some new info regarding the movie today? Can someone help confirm this? Just so I don't have expectations.
Guess we would've seen something about it by now, though.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:31 am

Michsi wrote:So I read somewhere that we might be getting some new info regarding the movie today? Can someone help confirm this? Just so I don't have expectations.
Guess we would've seen something about it by now, though.
It's 10.30pm in Japan now if there was any info we'd have gotten it by now.