Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:23 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:This'll never happen but I'd love it if the thing beating Broly at the end was his own power killing or crippling him, similar to manga Kale.
That would be ridiculously anti-climatic, boring, and almost as predictable as Gogeta or UI Goku being possible end game options.
The only interesting option is to have Roshi take Broly out with his UI as that's surely to get people talking. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:03 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:This'll never happen but I'd love it if the thing beating Broly at the end was his own power killing or crippling him, similar to manga Kale.

Mostly because the alternatives of Gogeta Blue or UI Goku doing it are boring as hell.
Those are the most logical ways to beat Broly without making the movie anti-climatic. Broly destroying himself in the end would be lame and very un-Dragonball like imo.

The only other options I see are:

1) Broly just simply wins and becomes a reoccurring neutral character from that point on.

2) MUI Vegeta steps in and beats Broly after Goku loses.

3). Broly wins against Goku but then is defeated (not killed though) by Kale in a sequel film or new series. This could potentially happen, since Kale is Broly's U6 counterpart she should have at least the same potential as Broly after a lot of training with either Goku & Vegeta or Vados.
I'll take an anticlimax if it avoids the most generic conclusions possible which is what MUI and Gogeta Blue are. Fuck, if someone has to beat Broly, have it be Beerus going full power for the first time ever. That'd be different and a resolution to something people have been wanting to see happen for 5 years now.
Beerus beating Broly is just as bad of an idea as Broly destroying himself. It would be yet another example of the gods fixing the Z-crews problems like in the ending of the Black arc, killing any tension whatsoever.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Kale beating Broly (in a sequel film or later series) is the only plausible option that's neither predictable (MUI Goku, SSB Fusion) nor anticlimatic (Beerus, self-destruction).
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:20 pm

ricky84 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
Those are the most logical ways to beat Broly without making the movie anti-climatic. Broly destroying himself in the end would be lame and very un-Dragonball like imo.

The only other options I see are:

1) Broly just simply wins and becomes a reoccurring neutral character from that point on.

2) MUI Vegeta steps in and beats Broly after Goku loses.

3). Broly wins against Goku but then is defeated (not killed though) by Kale in a sequel film or new series. This could potentially happen, since Kale is Broly's U6 counterpart she should have at least the same potential as Broly after a lot of training with either Goku & Vegeta or Vados.
I'll take an anticlimax if it avoids the most generic conclusions possible which is what MUI and Gogeta Blue are. Fuck, if someone has to beat Broly, have it be Beerus going full power for the first time ever. That'd be different and a resolution to something people have been wanting to see happen for 5 years now.
Beerus beating Broly is just as bad of an idea as Broly destroying himself. It would be yet another example of the gods fixing the Z-crews problems like in the ending of the Black arc, killing any tension whatsoever.
If Broly isn't just a threat for the Z Warriors but to the entire Universe 7, there's no reason Beerus shouldn't get involved.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Draconic wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Beerus beating Broly is just as bad of an idea as Broly destroying himself. It would be yet another example of the gods fixing the Z-crews problems like in the ending of the Black arc, killing any tension whatsoever.
If Broly isn't just a threat for the Z Warriors but to the entire Universe 7, there's no reason Beerus shouldn't get involved.
Particularly because Broly is an insane rage machine who'll just keep destroying things until there's nothing left. Universe 7 doesn't have much left standing as it is.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Draconic wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I'll take an anticlimax if it avoids the most generic conclusions possible which is what MUI and Gogeta Blue are. Fuck, if someone has to beat Broly, have it be Beerus going full power for the first time ever. That'd be different and a resolution to something people have been wanting to see happen for 5 years now.
I don't mind Beerus getting involved, its him winning that would be a problem especially since DBS Broly was said to he power beyond God of Destruction tier according to a guide.

In fact, Broly killing Beerus in an all out fight (before taking on Goku & Vegeta) would be the best way to raise tension in the film. A common complaint about Dragonball Super is the lack of tension in some of its arcs. By killing off Beerus, it would also remove Whis (who can bring people back to life) from the conflict, since it is stated that when a God of Destruction dies, its Angel attendant will be "decatived" until another is assigned to replace the previous one. Since we know that Angels don't die when their Hakaishin are killed (as shown in the Tournament of Power arc) this could also be an opportunity to explain what it means for an Angel to be "deactivated".

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:33 pm

ricky84 wrote:Kale beating Broly (in a sequel film or later series) is the only plausible option that's neither predictable (MUI Goku, SSB Fusion) nor anticlimatic (Beerus, self-destruction).
The latter two, maybe, but what would be plausible about it?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:38 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Draconic wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
I don't mind Beerus getting involved, its him winning that would be a problem especially since DBS Broly was said to he power beyond God of Destruction tier according to a guide.

In fact, Broly killing Beerus in an all out fight (before taking on Goku & Vegeta) would be the best way to raise tension in the film. A common complaint about Dragonball Super is the lack of tension in some of its arcs. By killing off Beerus, it would also remove Whis (who can bring people back to life) from the conflict, since it is stated that when a God of Destruction dies, its Angel attendant will be "decatived" until another is assigned to replace the previous one. Since we know that Angels don't die when their Hakaishin are killed (as shown in the Tournament of Power arc) this could also be an opportunity to explain what it means for an Angel to be "deactivated".
That wouldn't be too bad but I don't trust modern DB not to just do a shitty do over of Fusion Reborn where Blue Gogeta stomps Broly or an equivalent thing happening with UI Goku.

The angel deactivation thing never made any sense to me. Okay, so if a God of Destruction dies, the angel gets render inert until a new one is assigned, who's doing the assigning? Is it supposed to be the Kaioshin? Is their lifeline a one way street where a Kaioshin can survive if his GoD dies? This also reminds me, why do none of the Angels who lost their GoDs in the ToP turn off?

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Simere wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Kale beating Broly (in a sequel film or later series) is the only plausible option that's neither predictable (MUI Goku, SSB Fusion) nor anticlimatic (Beerus, self-destruction).
The latter two, maybe, but what would be plausible about it?
Well since Kale and Broly are counterparts (like Vegeta/Cabba, Goku/Caulfila and Freeza/Frost), Kale should have at least the same potential as Broly lore wise.

My idea for the film would be that MUI Goku or SSB Gogeta either fights Full Powered Broly to a draw before depowering/defusing or they flat out lose to him. Then afterwards Vegeta mentions Kale as a possible option against Broly. Goku & Vegeta (the other Z-fighters being optional) then go to U6 Sadala to search for Kale before Broly gets his hands on her. The next film or story arc could be about Goku, Vegeta & Vados training Kale to surpass Broly (they most likely would train Cabba and Caulfila also for the hell of it).

This idea would a complete curve ball that most wouldn't expect. Also, it would be an opportunity to give us the long awaited Sadala arc: Cabba could take Vegeta to see King Sadala like he promised him, Goku could run into Caulfila's gang and train them, Vegeta could also become the new leader of the Sadala Force, Kale could finally get a complete backstory, the three U6 Saiyans could also get more character development in general, Hit would most likely be hired by whoever to kill Broly in this story, Frost could be plotting his revenge against Freeza and possibly become a neutral/antiheroic character like Hit, etc. Even the U6 Namekians could get involved, as the Z-crew would most likely want to use the U6 Namek Dragonballs after the conflict is over. Piccolo could have a big moment with them.

It would also be an opportunity to expand the lore of the Saiyans from both Universe 7 & 6. Hell, Yamoshi could have a U6 counterpart for all we know. His counterpart possibly winning the ancient conflict could be the main reason why the U6 saiyans evolved so differently from the U7 saiyans.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Predictable doesn't mean bad, I would love to see Gogeta show, I always thought It would be cool if Goku and Vegeta were both in Omen and their bodies fused on their own.

I'm still thinking we'll get a draw and Broly will just leave.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:17 pm

New scan:
That Takahashi SSJG Vegeta looks so damn good. I can't wait to see this fight scene.

Little translation from Herms. Broly gets stronger the more he fights.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:19 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Predictable doesn't mean bad, I would love to see Gogeta show, I always thought It would be cool if Goku and Vegeta were both in Omen and their bodies fused on their own.
Nah, this is just fanservice at it's best and from storytelling point it doesn't add anything worth.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cool, that's supposed to be SSJ Broly, right? Didn't like much, still prefer his M10 design:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 pm

There will be a trailer at Jump Anime Festa. Anyone know when Jump Anime Festa is held?

EDIT: Nevermind, Yonkou answered my question. Jump Anime Festa takes place between 25th of November - 2nd of December. Damn. I can't wait until late November for a new trailer. :lol: I was expecting a new trailer around late October. Ah well.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:38 pm

People make a big deal about that single Super Saiyan God bang, but I'm pretty sure Toriyama just draws it on every Super transformation these days.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Noah wrote:Nah, this is just fanservice at it's best and from storytelling point it doesn't add anything worth.
Dragon Ball Super as a whole does not add much so how the appearance of Gogeta would/could be worse?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:There will be a trailer at Jump Anime Festa. Anyone know when Jump Anime Festa is held?

EDIT: Nevermind, Yonkou answered my question. Jump Anime Festa takes place between 25th of November - 2nd of December. Damn. I can't wait until late November for a new trailer. :lol: I was expecting a new trailer around late October. Ah well.
Yeah this is literally USELESS information. They might aswell have not revealed anything. I’m not getting hyped for an “announcement” of a trailer that’s literally MONTHS away.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Man, Broly is looking really SS4 there.

His Rage form > Everything else.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:14 am

Takahashi always looks so good. I'm not into ssjg Vegeta since transformations always seem less interesting on Vegeta because his hair never changes the way Gokû's does. I can deal with ssjg Vegeta if it means I also get more Takahashi ssjg Gokû.

A November trailer doesn't mean much in mid August, but the way time moves for me currently it'll be here in no time I'm sure.

Still hoping we get more plot info. Right now it feels so bare bones there's not much of interest to me to discuss or theorize on outside of how much is this gonna be a revised Movie 8 vs how much is this gonna be fresh and new.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:42 am

Noah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Predictable doesn't mean bad, I would love to see Gogeta show, I always thought It would be cool if Goku and Vegeta were both in Omen and their bodies fused on their own.
Nah, this is just fanservice at it's best and from storytelling point it doesn't add anything worth.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Cool, that's supposed to be SSJ Broly, right? Didn't like much, still prefer his M10 design:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Too...much...Fan...service... for adding Gogeta?...................
may i remind you what this movie is called? And why the idea was brought up?

The movie itself IS fanservice.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:29 am

It's great to finally see SsjG Vegeta in animated form. :clap: Does anyone know what it says above and on the side of his image ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.