(Discussion) Vegeta's new form - A few details

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

(Discussion) Vegeta's new form - A few details

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:36 am

First take note of the two circles i made in Vegeta and Goku's aura's, labeled 1 and 2.

Clear difference is that Vegeta's has a distinct "star shaped" stuffs floating. Compare that to goku's small bubble shaped one.

Now look at the aura shades, 3 and 4. Vegeta has almost 3 tones of color. Pale blue, the Cyan SSB and a Navy Blue. The last one isnt present in Goku's.

Here's another picture for comparing Goku's aura

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also note that they actively avoid showing Vegeta's Pupils. Also, Vegeta's hair color change is pretty apparent

Now to throw in my theory:
Has it been said that to get UI, your hair needs to be black and you need that white aura?

I believe that Vegeta will be able to mix UI and Blue to some extent.

UI's power increase for Goku is related to him getting his full potential out.
While Vegeta can get UI and still stay Blue.

Makes sense now.
A counter point to this is Vegeta's line before his FF: "Kakarot can have his Ultra Instinct, I will defeated you win with my way"

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: (Discussion) Vegeta's new form - A few details

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:47 am

It's quite likely just another level of SSj Blue. We've speculated whether it's possible, turns out it might be. Probably meant to be an equalizer for Vegeta, because Goku was given KKx20. Ultra Instinct is going to be another step for Vegeta.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:01 am

Saturnine wrote:It's quite likely just another level of SSj Blue. We've speculated whether it's possible, turns out it might be. Probably meant to be an equalizer for Vegeta, because Goku was given KKx20. Ultra Instinct is going to be another step for Vegeta.
Is it though? I mean, why have a stopgap if they can directly go UI for him?

Well i ahve no doubt this form will probably eat KKx20 SSB Goku, but maybe this is his last. A final upgrade. Like Goku has jumped from Blue to UI, Vegeta perfected his own form for once, which Goku doesnt have or wont need to have.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:14 am

What I'm most interested in is the ending because in that he's alongside Goku with the same aura he has in UI so is it some form of it or a placeholder that'll change by the end with him getting the Black hair like Goku ? either way this is a very surprising turn of events no one saw coming and shows that even at the end of this anything is still possible. In terms of the next episode I think it's a completed Blue like the one in the manga.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:37 am

I hope this will be addressed as the "true" Super Saiyan Blue. I see it in a similar way to Super Saiyan 2, which was the proper way to surpass Super Saiyan.
The fact this transformation is actually blue is a great touch, and the aura definitely looks different. I could see Vegeta having the offensive Ultra Instinct in this form, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is just an increase of power which puts Vegeta on par with the Kaioken x20 of Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:43 am

sintzu wrote:What I'm most interested in is the ending because in that he's alongside Goku with the same aura he has in UI so is it some form of it or a placeholder that'll change by the end with him getting the Black hair like Goku ? either way this is a very surprising turn of events no one saw coming and shows that even at the end of this anything is still possible. In terms of the next episode I think it's a completed Blue like the one in the manga.
Placeholder doesnt make sense. Why make a stopgap form? Why not go to UI directly? Him getting UI doesnt need to have the potential unlock type of power Goku got.

I'm really confused.
emperior wrote:I hope this will be addressed as the "true" Super Saiyan Blue. I see it in a similar way to Super Saiyan 2, which was the proper way to surpass Super Saiyan.
The fact this transformation is actually blue is a great touch, and the aura definitely looks different. I could see Vegeta having the offensive Ultra Instinct in this form, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is just an increase of power which puts Vegeta on par with the Kaioken x20 of Goku.
more more powerful, for that matter, which i think it is.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Professor Freeza wrote: Placeholder doesnt make sense. Why make a stopgap form? Why not go to UI directly? Him getting UI doesnt need to have the potential unlock type of power Goku got.

I'm really confused.
So that Vegeta's journey to UI is longer and so that he has something to strive for in future arcs.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Yeah I wasn't paying attention clearly first time but Vegeta's aura is definitely different. Also his hair seems longer? If they finally change Vegeta's hair in a form I'll be happy.

I do prefer light Blue so I will be disappointed in that regard.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah I wasn't paying attention clearly first time but Vegeta's aura is definitely different. Also his hair seems longer? If they finally change Vegeta's hair in a form I'll be happy.

More pointy than longer...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Yeah I wasn't paying attention clearly first time but Vegeta's aura is definitely different. Also his hair seems longer? If they finally change Vegeta's hair in a form I'll be happy.

I'd take that. Trying to see it does also look like that in the ED shot... Hmm. But like I said the only thing that would disappoint me if the darker tone of Blue. But I am a fan of subtle changes, this definitely a plus in my books plus UI doesn't look good on him from the fan arts going around.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

I'd take that. Trying to see it does also look like that in the ED shot... Hmm. But like I said the only thing that would disappoint me if the darker tone of Blue. But I am a fan of subtle changes, this definitely a plus in my books plus UI doesn't look good on him from the fan arts going around.

The Hair change on Goku is half the design appeal of UI. If he does get UI, i hope he get it with this new form.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:20 pm

It's either a Mastered SSB or maybe an amped for along the lines of SSRage. The auras and color tone are very different compared to usual blue. It's somewhat darker and more sharper

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:23 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:It's either a Mastered SSB or maybe an amped for along the lines of SSRage. The auras and color tone are very different compared to usual blue. It's somewhat darker and more sharper
I'd forget the mastered because in the anime i believe they have already mastered blue since the u6 tournament.

A SSBRage seems appropriate

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:It's either a Mastered SSB or maybe an amped for along the lines of SSRage. The auras and color tone are very different compared to usual blue. It's somewhat darker and more sharper
I'd forget the mastered because in the anime i believe they have already mastered blue since the u6 tournament.

Plus Goku talks about going beyond SSGSS that has different connotations to mastering something. Ie Goku and Gohan mastered SS but Gohan went beyond that into SS2 vs Cell.

I don't think it'll be rage induced, probably similar to hoe Goku unlocked UI ie survival instinct.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

Plus Goku talks about going beyond SSGSS that has different connotations to mastering something. Ie Goku and Gohan mastered SS but Gohan went beyond that into SS2 vs Cell.

I don't think it'll be rage induced, probably similar to hoe Goku unlocked UI ie survival instinct.
Depends on the pupils. It does look like The SSG and SSj3 Pupils too. The Accent color.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 pm

That form is rage induced IMO. Vegeta most likely gets enraged that he got his ass kicked and Goku is taking all the spotlight again. So he gets mad, and boom, a powered up ssj blue.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:22 pm

I believe that the transformation that will be shown on EP 123 is not the same as the ending, and so Vegeta is still without pupils with SSB in the next EP.

Perhaps this possible new "form" shown in the ending is related to EP 126.
And maybe it's also related to the UI, since Vegeta has pupils like Goku UI and is by his side in the ending (it seems that he has a white aura too, but I do not know if this is just detail or something more)

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:43 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:I believe that the transformation that will be shown on EP 123 is not the same as the ending, and so Vegeta is still without pupils with SSB in the next EP.

Perhaps this possible new "form" shown in the ending is related to EP 126.
And maybe it's also related to the UI, since Vegeta has pupils like Goku UI and is by his side in the ending (it seems that he has a white aura too, but I do not know if this is just detail or something more)
i doubt this. Its hidden so well that it cant nothing can be said about the pupil.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Does anyone else think that the form he has in the ending isn't the one we'll get in 123 ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:01 pm

sintzu wrote:Does anyone else think that the form he has in the ending isn't the one we'll get in 123 ?

Lets fight

No. look the ending has to be either UI Goku vs Jiren or UI Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren. Gohan is far below Toppo already and after his powerup,Gohan is the weakest of the fighters left [17 going next episode]. Now, remember Vegeta GOT his big fight, but not his Big win. Him beating a STRONGER Toppo will be his defining moment of the Tournament.

So, why hold back at Vegeta's new form for a few weeks if he's not getting UIO anyway?