Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 pm

TBMx wrote:I think the better question is why didn't Goku use it. It's better than Kaioken and achieved just by powering up and remembering sentimentality - which we don't even know if thats required. If Goku is such a "prodigy" it should be easy. His universe is on the line here.
Vegeta’s new form came from reaching for the raw power within him which in the end fits Vegeta. I personally don’t think the form is reached by “sentimentality” Vegeta thinking of his promise to Cabba was just a trigger for Vegeta.

Goku’s comes from instinct which as a martial artist prodigy fits Goku.

Maybe Goku and Vegeta could both reach the other form but in the short time frame of the tournament I think what they individually reached makes sense. Even though I think things are moving too fast in general I like that they both took different paths & I think that was the point.

And well Vegeta got to beat the secondary main antagonist and Goku the main one with their new forms.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Vegeta's form should be called Limit Breaker tbh.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 am

buutenks wrote:Vegeta's form should be called Limit Breaker tbh.
I think it should be called Sparkly Dingaling Blue.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Saturnine wrote:
No idea what a dingaling is, but Sparkly Blue should suffice.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:28 am

buutenks wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
No idea what a dingaling is, but Sparkly Blue should suffice.
No way! I insist on "dingaling"! Actually the ideal version would be Sparkly Dingaling Pee Pee Poo Blue imo

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:37 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBReduxTDC/s ... 0197912576
The name of the form is SSGSS Evolution.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 am

It was already posted the name in the previous page.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:06 pm

I mean damn, if they were still going to use SSGSS, why bother changing to Blue at all?

(Yes, I know it was there to shorten the stupidly long name. Still think SSG should have been "Saiyan God" and Blue should have been "Super Saiyan God").

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta. Saying that is a mouthful.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I mean damn, if they were still going to use SSGSS, why bother changing to Blue at all?

(Yes, I know it was there to shorten the stupidly long name. Still think SSG should have been "Saiyan God" and Blue should have been "Super Saiyan God").

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution Vegeta. Saying that is a mouthful.
They never stopped using SSGSS outside the show. RF or DBS never called the form SSGSS at all so it technically wasn't changed to SSB in the anime.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:20 pm

this is such a wasteful form for vegeta. At best it's equal to Kaioken X20 SSB goku.

Vegeta seems to catch goku and falls 2 steps behind again.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Kinokima wrote:
TBMx wrote:I think the better question is why didn't Goku use it. It's better than Kaioken and achieved just by powering up and remembering sentimentality - which we don't even know if thats required. If Goku is such a "prodigy" it should be easy. His universe is on the line here.
Vegeta’s new form came from reaching for the raw power within him which in the end fits Vegeta. I personally don’t think the form is reached by “sentimentality” Vegeta thinking of his promise to Cabba was just a trigger for Vegeta.

Maybe Goku and Vegeta could both reach the other form but in the short time frame of the tournament I think what they individually reached makes sense. Even though I think things are moving too fast in general I like that they both took different paths & I think that was the point.

And well Vegeta got to beat the secondary main antagonist and Goku the main one with their new forms.
Fantastic post. Agreed with everything

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:40 pm

I actually like the new name

Blue was like super Saiyan with god ki, or the super Saiyan version of SSGod

This means Vegeta's new form is an evolution of that concept. Pretty nice.

It's Vegeta entering into power beyond the super Saiyan form of god.

I like that Vegeta and Goku will have their own separate paths.

As others have mentioned, these separate paths fit their personalities respectively so well.

Goku is a loose, fluid, martial arts master who is always in the moment. UI was perfect for Goku. The whole concept of UI was Goku to a tee.

Where as it's just not in Vegeta's nature to be loose and fight on instinct. Vegeta is tense, always on guard, always hyper agressive and thinking about his next move or plotting. UI completely goes against who Vegeta is

This different path is great for Vegeta. Vegeta beat a god of destruction with this form so it's no slouch and Vegeta can continue to grow toward that path etc

I wonder if when Super returns, Vegeta's next transformation will officially be titled SSB2.

Maybe SSGSS Evo is the half way step to Blue2

Maybe SSGSS Evo is to Blue 2, what Omen was to mastered UI for Goku

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:34 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

I don't. All arguments that Goku "can't", immediately fail if he can both unlock and perfect in under 47 minutes something Beerus - who would predate the dinosaurs - hasn't. Goku's power potential is at least equal to Vegeta's, so the question still stands with regards to an in-story reason. Not a thematic reason like you gave. An actual reason in this universe, why Goku couldn't unlock a much, much, much easier transformation than UI, ever after having seen Vegeta do it, when it would clearly be in his advantage to do so as it's superior to Kaioken in terms of stamina and power.
Where as it's just not in Vegeta's nature to be loose and fight on instinct. Vegeta is tense, always on guard, always hyper agressive and thinking about his next move or plotting. UI completely goes against who Vegeta is
This is the primary reason why I don't think he will ever get UI. Vegeta would have to remove the rod from his butt, but that's too much of an iconic part of him at this point.

Aman

Post by Aman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:36 pm

This form is so underwhelming, it feels like a random handout given to Vegeta to please his fans and close the gap between him and SSBKK.

It was pointless in the end as Goku has mastered UI and is light years ahead of him anyway, with little way of him catching up as he's given up on UI.

Worst thing they could do is for him is to use this boost for more than one arc.

They tried to keep them close for most of the series, but of course they had to destroy the gap in the last arc.
TBMx wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

I don't. All arguments that Goku "can't", immediately fail if he can both unlock and perfect in under 47 minutes something Beerus - who would predate the dinosaurs - hasn't. Goku's power potential is at least equal to Vegeta's, so the question still stands with regards to an in-story reason. Not a thematic reason like you gave. An actual reason in this universe, why Goku couldn't unlock a much, much, much easier transformation than UI, ever after having seen Vegeta do it, when it would clearly be in his advantage to do so as it's superior to Kaioken in terms of stamina and power.
This is the primary reason why I don't think he will ever get UI. Vegeta would have to remove the rod from his butt, but that's too much of an iconic part of him at this point.
Then he's never touching Goku again.

Without UI he has zero chance of touching him, he's completely outclassed. You might as well be comparing Goku to Krillin. he'll crush both with the same ease.

This is something they've been building up as the ultimate form. How else can he compete with Goku without some random BS or ass pull.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 pm

TBMx wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

One thing that some people here need to understand is that Vegeta having a personality that makes UI learning difficult does not mean he will never be able to master the technique. If that was the case, Whis would never train Vegeta for that (in fact, he clearly says he can train both Goku and Vegeta to get that state).

This is a 'weakness' of Vegeta's personality, and that is precisely why this weakness can be overcome. So Vegeta is fully capable of learning the UI because it has as much potential as Goku. In fact, Goku only got the UI for breaking his shell, he did not learn the UI through training with Whis so his personality does not influence anything here