Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Man, I dunno what to say other than me missing the hell out of Omen... :lol: just ugh... Super once again finds a way to underwhelm...

Well, let’s see how it looks animated I guess...
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Goku will not be Angel level just because the silver hair/eyes, when actually Angels hair/eyes are not silver at all :lol:

Anyway, i don't like it. Black hair>>>silver hair.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Legion wrote:Goku will not be Angel level just because the silver hair/eyes, when actually Angels hair/eyes are not silver at all :lol:

Goku is approaching angel level now because he's now mastered UI.

Has nothing to do with his hair. Its his new UI mastered transformation.

Having the same hair color is probably just a way to drive home the point even further that Goku is now approaching Angel level.

As per UI is an Angel thing.

I have a feeling it's being downplayed just how HUGE of an accomplishment it is for Goku to master UI.

Jiren isn't going to stand a chance IMO. I think it will simply be time that will be the biggest limiting factor IMO
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 pm

As long as it looks good in action and has the characters commenting on it well, I'll be fine with it, even if I would've preferred there to be no colour change in the first place.

It does make you wonder how the Perfected Ultra Instinct would work for other kinds of mortals besides a Saiyan like Son Goku. Maybe the silvery-white hair is BECAUSE he's a Saiyan. Or maybe not, who knows?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:07 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Man, I dunno what to say other than me missing the hell out of Omen... :lol: just ugh... Super once again finds a way to underwhelm...

I didn't like Omen at all. It was basically just base form Goku with silver eyes. Meh.

I love Goku so I will cheer for Goku no matter what, but the visual concept behind Omen as is, wasn't exciting at all.

The greatest thing about Omen was simply only that it forshadowed mastered UI - and was a genuis prelude/build up to Goku hitting the mastered UI transformation

Omen was like the false super Saiyan of UI but done in a much more clever interesting way with far greater build up.

I also love what the color white signifies and how it ties perfectly to Son Goku the martial arts master

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Love love love it. Been hoping/expecting since August it was gonna be silver.

Looks so good.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Man, I dunno what to say other than me missing the hell out of Omen... :lol: just ugh... Super once again finds a way to underwhelm...

I didn't like Omen at all. It was basically just base form Goku with silver eyes. Meh.

I love Goku so I will cheer for Goku no matter what, but the visual concept behind Omen as is, wasn't exciting at all.

The greatest thing about Omen was simply only that it forshadowed mastered UI - and was a genuis prelude/build up to Goku hitting the mastered UI transformation

Omen was like the false super Saiyan of UI but done in a much more clever interesting way with far greater build up.

I also love what the color white signifies and how it ties perfectly to Son Goku the martial arts master
I can't speak for everyone, but I too was one of the folks that preferred the first iteration.

It's the simplicity of it, and how it showed this wasn't a power that Goku simply transformed into. Sure, there were the silver eyes and hair standing up a bit, but these differences were more subtle and went along well with the idea of Goku becoming the best fighter he can be through a power that didn't rely on simply powering strength up.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 pm

I'm honestly surprised by the reactions here.

Every where else I've looked, the vast majority are loving Goku's new MUI form, and are insanely hyped and freaking out over MUI Goku

The consensus is MORE then positive on Reddit DBZ, Twitter, and YouTube etc
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:22 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:I'm honestly surprised by the reactions here.

Every where else I've looked, the vast majority are loving Goku's new MUI form, and are insanely hyped, freaking out over MUI Goku

Think people are mostly critical of Toriyama's utter lazy design and reserving some judgement on the anime version till it debuts in the actual episode in motion.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Legion wrote:Goku will not be Angel level just because the silver hair/eyes, when actually Angels hair/eyes are not silver at all :lol:

Having the same hair color is probably just a way to drive home the point even further that Goku is now approaching Angel level.

I have a feeling it's being downplayed just how HUGE of an accomplishment it is for Goku to master UI.

Jiren isn't going to stand a chance IMO. I think it will simply be time that will be the biggest limiting factor IMO
Yeah no. The Angels are not only ultra instinct. They are on another level in everything. A suppressed angel can one shot a God of destruction. By your logic now Goku will just...one shot Jiren. Stop wanking him.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but I too was one of the folks that preferred the first iteration.

It's the simplicity of it, and how it showed this wasn't a power that Goku simply transformed into. Sure, there were the silver eyes and hair standing up a bit, but these differences were more subtle and went along well with the idea of Goku becoming the best fighter he can be through a power that didn't rely on simply powering strength up.
Bingo.

It’ll probably look awesome as hell animated, but I still really liked the black hair. But oh well.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Every where else I've looked, the vast majority are loving Goku's new MUI form, and are insanely hyped, freaking out over MUI Goku

I guess 90% of these people didn't watch DB before Super or they are just blinded by Toriyama's involvment and they will love every lazy shit he does.
Some people even loved female Broly... i mean Kale and all the other lazy ripoffs or lazy ideas like Copy-Vegeta. (even tho it was probably TOEI's idea)
They will even love SSJ Green, SSJ Orange, SSJ Rainbow.
Hell, i bet even SSJ Yellow would make them hyped even though it would look like regular SSJ but hey, it has new name and makes Goku stronger, i love this!
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:31 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

It took Goku 3 tries of Omen to finally hit this mastered UI transformation

How many more times could Goku have gone Omen before finally "getting it"

And there needed to be differences to signify that IMO

Goku in his new UI mastered form will be all about his martial arts mastery, fighting with his mind sperated from his body, dodging and countering instinctually etc. It will give Goku the necessary power boost to surpass Jiren but it still isnt about power.

Mastered UI really fits who Goku is as a person so perfectly

Goku being loose, open minded, being more about his intuition and instincts etc

I also like what the color white signifies and how it describes legendary Son Goku even better.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Love love love it. Been hoping/expecting since August it was gonna be silver.

Looks so good.
I don't like Toriyama's design of it but I do like Yamamuro's version of it in V-Jump.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Basaku wrote:

Think people are mostly critical of Toriyama's utter lazy design and reserving some judgement on the anime version till it debuts in the actual episode in motion.
I get that, but is saying stuff like "garbage/super needs to end" really just being "critical?"

In general people just need to stop trying to use the criticism card to excuse or justify hate. You see it so much across the internet

Sure there are some people being genuine and I respect their differing opinion. They can be however critical they want

But let's not pretend there isnt blind negativity and hate going around too.

Also, I would say that the reception has only been mixed here. Every where else, everyone is hyped as hell for Goku's new mastered UI form
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think that it's still a bit too early for Goku to master Ultra Instinct. That being said, with Goku being a martial arts genius, I guess it's fine. I also have to give the anime staff credit for spicing up the form and making it much more distinct in the anime. Toriyama's illustration of Mastered Ultra Inistic is a literal recolour of his design of Super Saiyan God, and I find that very disappointing.
I agree with you. Toriyama's looks too much like Super Saiyan God but Yamamuro's looks interesting. I just hope it looks good in the anime.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Legion wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

Yeah no. The Angels are not only ultra instinct. They are on another level in everything. A suppressed angel can one shot a God of destruction. By your logic now Goku will just...one shot Jiren. Stop wanking him.
"Goku will be APPROACHING the 'LOWER TIER' of angles with his new mastered UI form"

No where did I ever say that Goku would now be able to defeat the Angels. The angles would still wreck Goku.

In the quotes is what I basically said

This has already clearly been hinted at via numerous summaries and descriptions across numerous platforms too.

I.e "the gods will be scared of Goku's new form" etc

Episode 129 will prove this IMO
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Love love love it. Been hoping/expecting since August it was gonna be silver.

Looks so good.
It looks freaking awesome my brother!
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:59 pm

majinwarman wrote:

Looks so good.
I don't like Toriyama's design of it but I do like Yamamuro's version of it in V-Jump.
Basaku wrote:

I do have to say though. I agree.

I don't like the way Toriyama chose to draw it there.

I do like Yamamuros rendition much more.

Personally I like this one the best
So badass IMO
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Meeeeeh. Ultra Instinct doesn't even last 5 episodes and we're already on a new form