Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 am

Artorias wrote:I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people give credit to the ACTUAL CHOREOGRAPHY the fights in this episode had. The animation itself wasn't super impressive or anything, but I thought the bits of actual hand-to-hand combat were pretty well executed and made the fights feel more impactful than they have in recent episodes, despite the lacking direction in this episode. Gave me mad Rocky vibes.
Goku's counter hook to the body was freaking awesome !

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 am

Kaiosama wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Good episode.

I enjoyed their being lasting effects of Vegeta actually out of power, and I very much enjoyed that Vegeta didn't go down with expressing his resolve. The flashbacks to his family and Cabba were a nice touch. Giving his last bit of energy to Goku before being eliminated and leaving the rest to Goku was a great character moment for. Overall, I'd say Vegeta had a really great tournament. Couldn't have really asked more from him.

The emergence of Ultra Instinct again really reminded me of that moment in Battle Of Gods where Goku mental hears the names of all of friends and family calling his name and it awakened Super Saiyan God again. Great moment.

This episode as a whole was just Jiren beating the shit out Goku and Vegeta until the last 4 minutes, but it wasn't any worse for that because I really enjoy seeing Jiren fight and the other content that came with it.

Sorry, but weren't you one who said that Vegeta "went out like a chump"?

Because what you're saying now kinda contradicts that view.
Not really. Even with all of those moments, he still ended up going out like a chump. The guy couldn't even transform into a SSJ anymore and inflicted absolutely zero damage on Jiren.
I said Vegeta went out like a champ. And someone edited my comment when they quoted it.

DiegoBrando

Post by DiegoBrando » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

I can't believe I'm still the only one who mentioned this

No one else thought it was genius how as Goku was being pushed off a literal edge, he was metaphorically being pushed off the edge by Jiren (well past his limits) leading to awakening Omen, which thinking about his loved ones counting on him contributed to as well.

I'm surprised how this community didn't notice something like that. Super is a lot deeper then it gets credit for and has many of these genius moments

Amazing emotional episode. Don't care what anyone else says
I think you need to stop watching anime and go read a book. More importantly, I think you need to stop spamming this topic with constantly repeating the same shit and telling everyone how epic and deep this episode was.

Anyway, this was boring. Too much time wasted on Vegeta, on something that was established not just in the last few episodes, but in the Buu saga already. It's actually amazing how they can't come up with anything new but only retread character moments and events from DBZ's heyday. Talentless hacks, who are banking on nostalgia. Vegeta gets beaten, even when he gives it everything he's got and Goku gets a powerup yet again, and now has the upper hand. Wow we've certainly never seen this one before zzz...

Jiren looks less intimidating by the day, and the animation is still god awful. I hope Dragon Ball ends forever after this. Leave new stories to non-cannon videogames.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:55 am

DiegoBrando wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

I can't believe I'm still the only one who mentioned this

No one else thought it was genius how as Goku was being pushed off a literal edge, he was metaphorically being pushed off the edge by Jiren (well past his limits) leading to awakening Omen, which thinking about his loved ones counting on him contributed to as well.

I'm surprised how this community didn't notice something like that. Super is a lot deeper then it gets credit for and has many of these genius moments

Amazing emotional episode. Don't care what anyone else says
I think you need to stop watching anime and go read a book. More importantly, I think you need to stop spamming this topic with constantly repeating the same shit and telling everyone how epic and deep this episode was..
You have no right to tell me what to do. You have no right to tell me what I should think or what my opinions should be. Understand that people have differing opinions to you

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:57 am

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:No one else thought it was genius how as Goku was being pushed off a literal edge, he was metaphorically being pushed off the edge by Jiren (well past his limits) leading to awakening Omen. It was brilliant imo. What did you think about that ?
Come to think of it you're right and it was amazing when you look at it that way.

These are going to be a hard 2 weeks but serious Goku is always great so it'll be worth the wait.
Lol yep. The wait is going to be painful. It's going to feel like 4 weeks with all this hyped anticipation lol !!!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:No one else thought it was genius how as Goku was being pushed off a literal edge, he was metaphorically being pushed off the edge by Jiren (well past his limits) leading to awakening Omen. It was brilliant imo. What did you think about that ?
Come to think of it you're right and it was amazing when you look at it that way.

These are going to be a hard 2 weeks but serious Goku is always great so it'll be worth the wait.
Lol yep. The wait is going to be painful. It's going to feel like 4 weeks with all this hyped anticipation lol !!!!
The good news is that with each episode getting 2 weeks the art, animation and choreography will most likely be among Super' s best.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 am

I found this episode to be pretty boring. Lots of usual stuff, Vegeta's flashbacks were the same-y as always, ended in the obvious Ultra Instinct transformation.

smh, not even a Toshio episode can make a big impact on me anymore. Anilaza was the best part of the entire ToP climax, and he was only a sub-boss. Wish he wasn't, because Anilaza was much more entertaining than Jiren in creativity {displayed more techniques in 5 minutes than Jiren did in the entire arc}

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:09 am

I'm satisfied with Vegeta's treatment in this arc. He has tons of cool fights, moments, a new transformation, he took out one of the strongest fighters, and he fought like a man until the very end. I got super emotional when he shed a tear and gave his energy to Goku. Speaking of Goku, I though his character moment was well done as well, I loved it. Now it's time for Ultra Instinct!
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I'm satisfied with Vegeta's treatment in this arc. He has tons of cool fights, moments, a new transformation, he took out one of the strongest fighters, and he fought like a man until the very end. I got super emotional when he shed a tear and gave his energy to Goku. Speaking of Goku, I though his character moment was well done as well, I loved it. Now it's time for Ultra Instinct!
I wish more of his fans could think this way and see how great he's been treated but instead it's the same old "Toriyama and Toei hate him" that we've been hearing forever now. How anyone could think that after everything he's gotten in modern DB is beyond me.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:27 am

AvatarReiko wrote: Vegeta was completely and drained, to the point where he couldn't even transform into a regular SSj, yet somehow is able to provide Goku with enough Ki to go SSJB
Broly the movie all over again, huh? Toei is Toei I guess :lol:

I really liked Vegeta's sendoff. And I know ZenkaiBoost will disagree, but I also liked that there was no concession speech on Vegeta's part admitting Kakarot's superiority. That would have been a big regression for his character. Overall it was a good episode, though a little bit low on action for sure. Next episode and the one after that is going to be the best, that's probably why they're taking extra time for each of these. Making sure the series goes out on a high note is key to building up excitement for future entries in the franchise.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 am

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:

The good news is that with each episode getting 2 weeks the art, animation and choreography will most likely be among Super' s best.
Yep

I mentioned a while back how important it was to nail the ending (Goku's new UI mastered transformation and MUI Goku vs Jiren 1vs1) to end Super on the highest note possible

Toriyama/Toei seem to be very serious about that : ) I can't wait. Gonna be so awesome
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 am

Saturnine wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote: Vegeta was completely and drained, to the point where he couldn't even transform into a regular SSj, yet somehow is able to provide Goku with enough Ki to go SSJB
Broly the movie all over again, huh? Toei is Toei I guess :lol:

I really liked Vegeta's sendoff. And I know ZenkaiBoost will disagree, but I also liked that there was no concession speech on Vegeta's part admitting Kakarot's superiority. That would have been a big regression for his character. Overall it was a good episode, though a little bit low on action for sure. Next episode and the one after that is going to be the best, that's probably why they're taking extra time for each of these. Making sure the series goes out on a high note is key to building up excitement for future entries in the franchise.
Check out my thread about it.

Also if you read my posts In here, I LOVED IT.

Vegeta saying "I leave it all up to you now Kakarot" was subtle but such a great way for Super's version of Vegeta to admit that only Goku can win and that Goku is still #1

They closed out Vegeta's arc wonderfully

Also when Goku finally re-awakened Omen, Vegeta was smirking or smiling. He was happy for Son Goku and knew he made the right choice to put all his trust in the legendary Son Goku!!!

Goku has been awakened and is about to kick some ass now!

No one over comes the odds like Son Goku

Son Goku never disappoints !

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Lol yep. The wait is going to be painful. It's going to feel like 4 weeks with all this hyped anticipation lol !!!!
Yep

I mentioned a while back how important it was to nail the ending (Goku's transformation and Goku vs Jiren 1vs1) to end Super on the highest note possible

Toriyama/Toei seem to very serious about that: ) I can't wait. Gonna be so awesome
I think we just got lucky that the 2 most important episodes have 2 weeks off between them. :lol:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:49 am

I've been reading youtube comments and there are hundreds of comments like this

"seeing jiren in pain at the hands of Goku brought me joy"

"Did anyone else find it satisfying how jiren finally managed to feel pain now in this episode or is it just me??"

"That was a well deserved punch in the gut. Go go Goku!"

"I screamed Yes when Goku finally Damaged Jiren"

"Dayumm it felt so good looking at jiren taking a hard punch from Goku"

People loved seeing Goku start to humble Jiren just a little bit

Toriyama/Toei did such a fantastic jab of making Jiren the heel to Goku

It's going to be one of the most satisfying things ever when mastered UI Goku is tooling Jiren and completely humbles Jiren

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:11 am

DiegoBrando wrote: Vegeta gets beaten, even when he gives it everything he's got and Goku gets a powerup yet again, and now has the upper hand. Wow we've certainly never seen this one before zzz...
I was thinking the exact same thing, where have I seen this scene before?
It would have been more original if Vegeta would have been the last man standing.
Now I'm actually hoping Goku loses against Jiren to make this arc at least a bit more interesting story wise.
DiegoBrando wrote:Jiren looks less intimidating by the day, and the animation is still god awful. I hope Dragon Ball ends forever after this. Leave new stories to non-cannon videogames.
Sadly I agree.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 am

The 1st half of the episode was a great character moment for Vegeta,honestly this should have been a great episode but it felt like 10 minutes worth of content stretched to 20 minutes.

Dave2770

Post by Dave2770 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:26 am

Seriously everyone here is a crybaby.

Every episode that airs more than half of you complain instead of being grateful for the show. Things like animation sucks or other stuff sucks. Can you guys be grateful and pick what's good about the show otherwise don't watch it. Stop finding problems with it otherwise I make your own version. They're doing a great job it's only you so caed experts that can't see that I

mamoru

Post by mamoru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:34 am

Dragon Ball Super Episode 128

Positives:
+ A touching moment where Vegeta remembers Bulma(Sort of makes it seems like she passed away since Hiromi Tsuru did.)
+ Good Writing - Vegeta runs out of stamina and can't even access SSJ, Goku can't even stand up.
+ Detailed Art
+ Last 2 minutes where Goku goes Ultra Instinct
Negatives:
- It took 11 minutes for Vegeta to get kicked out, could have done it faster.
- Wasn't that important of an episode(can be summarized in 2 sentences)
- Average Animation

Conclusion:
- Overall an average Episode. They could have speed things up. 5/10

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:45 am

amuroray wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:What was the purpose of this episode? What was its usefulness in the plot?

Goku awaken the UI? Well, he could do it on EP 129 himself.

Half of the EP was Vegeta being beaten in base form. Jiren could have defeated him with a punch.

The flashbacks were not as motivational as they should be. This whole story of promise should have propelled him far more than what was shown.
It could just happen to the same thing that happened against Toppo.
Beerus did not tell Vegeta anything he had not said to all the U7 warriors.

Vegeta had a good participation in the tournament, but a pathetic and disappointing farewell
Inconsistency's mate. A tiny bit of energy from a depleted Vegeta turned goku ssjb. Dont expect anything from this show especially a good farewell to a character.

I'm legitimately surprised at how bad this show is.
Really? Can you really call it bad because of something like that? Vegeta giving Goku energy was really good since it showed he left everything for Goku, and who cares if that energy boosted him that much. It didn't matter in the end anyway because Jiren beat the Blue out of him in 10 seconds. It's like you missed the entire point of that scene and the narrative flow just to be bothered by some minor power level logic when it didn't even matter. That's a weak reason to call the show bad.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 am

SsjCookie wrote: Now I'm actually hoping Goku loses against Jiren to make this arc at least a bit more interesting story wise.
There's absolutely nothing interesting about Goku losing AGAIN in Super. We saw that a billion times already, I'm getting sick of it by now: Beerus, Golden Frieza, Frost, Hit, Zamasu etc. Goku has just been a punching bag for everyone in this series. The only characters he managed to defeat are Botamo, and Copy Vegeta. Jiren winning would be the most anticlimactic thing that could ever happened after all of this buildup for Ultra Instinct.
Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt