Episode #0044 (24 September 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am

Hey,

Finally just got the podcast!

It says September the 17th. That's why I didn't get it sooner thourght you must have had squirrels on your cable again.

Well will be listening to it later so I will post again, if I have anything to say about it.

(Doubtfull, I just shut up and listen)

Anyways that's it.
- Scott

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:22 am

Well I have heard most of it ! (listen to last 20 mins later)

Mike stick with doing the intro, Jeff just doesn't cut it. Or you could get Julian to do it, he's funny too!

Is Jeff around permanent now? ( don't think that I don't like him)

Anyways all in all though pretty good!

My favourite Chi Chi moment is in movie 7, when Gohan goes to help out and Kurrin is left behind with Chi Chi, and she has a total go at him and kicks his ass to go and help too.

But I think 18 is my favourite female character.

Pan was the main female character in GT and I didn't like her one bit. She should have been more of a side charater. I don't find it fair how she got so much time wasted on her character where as Bra and Marron didn't.

Then again it would suck because the show would be about all girls, ah they should have just left them out and showed them the same way you see Bulma and Chi Chi. They are cool and although you barely see them, when you do they still play a good part and people like them.
- Scott

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:55 pm

My favouritist one yet! :P

Best Top 5 list ever... *drools*

The topic was, for once, talked about with less than 20 jokes?! What's goin' on here?! :lol:

Andrew is now my new favourite Podcast personality... :lol: I can only imagine the look on his face when Mike handed him volume 4... :twisted:

"You're illegally parked inside Lunch." Awgh! C'mon, that was uncalled for...! :(

Bestest Podcast Ever! :D
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:53 pm

That one top five list was really funny and one of the best ones yet to date. Congrats on making that one so good and rememberable for all of us...he he he. :lol: I will not comment on the "parking in Lunch" thing, but that had a certain ring to it that says 1,000 things we don't want it to. Other than that, good podcast and yet again another blockbuster from Mike.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:45 am

Pretty good podcast. The longest one within the last 2 or 3 episodes. Wow, two Roshis..!
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm

After hearing your ages, I don't feel so old watching the show at 21.
I actually think I vaguely remember that Juunanagou site; stumbled upon it while searching for doujinshi images; but that was maybe a fan generation or two ahead of me. (I got into dbz during late 2000)

It's such a shame Launch disappeared. Even if she was a gag character I liked her and would've enjoyed seeing her meet Vegeta for the fact that I'm sure some amusing antic would've occured.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:25 pm

Nice discussion on the females and their roles. I never really thought about it since I'm a guy but it doesn't really bother me. Like Julian said, Toriyama was raised in a different era, and he's a guy.

I also never noticed that Chi-Chi was such a shallow character. And this doesn't really relate to anything but Pan being a tomboy in GT, we don't see Videl when she's that age but I'm willing to bet that she was a tomboy just like Pan is.

Yay! Meri read one of my emails! (I sent in one more that hasn't and may or may not be read, don't know if you guys have a problem with people sending in multiple emails).

About that email. Meri said Funi actually made the show appeal to older people but I don't think they did any older fans of the show any favors with all those lame and corny jokes that IMO only a little kid would find funny (among other things). And I personally think all that rock/techno music was used in order to make the show more American since the comments made by the head honchos at Funi in regards to that make me think that their problem with it was that it wasn't American enough for our ears, but that's for another topic.

Finally, I always crack up when you guys do your old people impressions.

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:56 am

As a female, I have no problems with the many men in DBZ. XP Though I would like to see a bit more romance..

And as for females leading prominent roles in manga/anime? Look no further than Bleach! ^^ Rukia, Orihime, Tatsuki, Yoruichi, etc. are all very strong and 3-dimensional female characters. They definitely have their moments to shine in the story.
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:37 am

I know women having prominent roles in anime nowadays is a good thing but I can't help but feel it's a bit like affirmative action. A lot of the women seem really bland and bitchy, just thrown in there to try and balance the men but it's really hard for a male artist to convincingly portray a woman as a character he actually cares about...Not because they're terrible people but because they don't understand women or how they would like to be portrayed. I would almost rather they just portray things from their own point of view rather than fail at an attempt to have more range.
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!