"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Rabdom User wrote:Okay,so here are those people,whom I want to see animating on the new movie,but not confirmed yet:

Ryo Onishi-One of Toei's best.Since Nagamine is the Director,and the fact that he didn't pop out in any Toei show recently,probably means,that he is working on the new movie right now.

Masayuki Sato-If I am right,he's a freelancer.He was the AD for One Piece film Z.He is a really great action animator [spoiler]https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/10532 https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/38068[/spoiler] He is really close to Nagamine

Hisashi Mori-Wonderful effect animator.He is also close to Nagamine

Kazunori Osawa-Tweeted some stuff to Hashimoto,while he was at the new Toei building.Master of Explosions.

Ken Otsuka-I think we can count on him.He's mecha-like animation is really great.

Naoki Tate-Why not? These designs are perfect for him.

Futoshi Higashide-I really want to see his maximum.

Kazuhiro Ota-Haven't seen him a while.Maybe he's working on the DB movie? (Or on the new OP special?)

Takeo Ide-He is Dragon Ball's second most important person,so it is obvious to me that he is gonna animate something,or he is gonna be an Animation Supervisor

A lot of people from PreCure,please

I've tried to be realistic,that's why I did not mention names like Yutaka Nakamura,Kameda,etc.
I think that Ota will mostly likely be on the One Piece special but everyone else is still very possible to happen.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 am

Seems like Studio Guts will be on the Dragon Ball Super film. Part of me hopes these studios will stick around to help in the potential new db series when it comes out. I’d assume at least Yapiko will continue to help out.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:19 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Seems like Studio Guts will be on the Dragon Ball Super film. Part of me hopes these studios will stick around to help in the potential new db series when it comes out. I’d assume at least Yapiko will continue to help out.
Studio Guts has helped out on One Piece and Precure before so it is nice to see different studios helping out with the movie.
Majinwarman

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Boku no Hero Academia Movie just premiered at Anime Expo 2018 and people that saw it are praising the animation.
Considering this is Bones we are taking about and how meticulous they have been with BNHA anime, I believe it's not just hype that it's making the fanbase telling that.
The trailers alone have some neat stuff.

I really hope these new DB designs and all the work the staff is having to make this movie look the best DB movie ever pays off.
I will be devastated if the movie comes out and I don't like the artstyle.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Boku no Hero Academia Movie just premiered at Anime Expo 2018 and people that saw it are praising the animation.
Considering this is Bones we are taking about and how meticulous they have been with BNHA anime, I believe it's not just hype that it's making the fanbase telling that.
The trailers alone have some neat stuff.

I really hope these new DB designs and all the work the staff is having to make this movie look the best DB movie ever pays off.
I will be devastated if the movie comes out and I don't like the artstyle.
That is a risk that we all must face as Dragon Ball fans. I hope that no one spoils the BNHA movie for me.
Majinwarman

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 pm

So with the change in character design, will we also get a change and how stuff like blasts and aura look or is that still up to the people animating certain scenes. Because out of every interaction of Dragon Ball, DBS’s kamehameha’s and aruas were my least favorite. From what we see if the enemy saiyan’s arua, i like the way it looks.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:So with the change in character design, will we also get a change and how stuff like blasts and aura look or is that still up to the people animating certain scenes. Because out of every interaction of Dragon Ball, DBS’s kamehameha’s and aruas were my least favorite. From what we see if the enemy saiyan’s arua, i like the way it looks.
I think that it will most likely to happen but can't be sure until a trailer comes out.
Majinwarman

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:57 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:So with the change in character design, will we also get a change and how stuff like blasts and aura look or is that still up to the people animating certain scenes. Because out of every interaction of Dragon Ball, DBS’s kamehameha’s and aruas were my least favorite. From what we see if the enemy saiyan’s arua, i like the way it looks.
It's possible more changes are coming, because this movie feels more than just the 20th Dragon Ball Movie. They seem to want to use it as a big turning point for the franchise.

- They have been working on this new character designs for over one year with direct feedback from Toriyama.
- The evil saiyan's aura in the teaser seems different from the ones we got in DBS.
- When the evil saiyan is powering up, we see muscle growth. Something we barely had in DBS and in BOG/ROF Movies. Also looking to the new character designs, you can see that Goku gets buffer when he transforms instead of just getting a new hair color. It's more noticable in him than Vegeta because his arms and a little of his pecs are uncovered.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 pm

From ArchedThunder himself https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 8735551488

DBs movie Trailer confirmed. And we’ll even be getting more than one throughout the DB North American tour!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:From ArchedThunder himself https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 8735551488

DBs movie Trailer confirmed. And we’ll even be getting more than one throughout the DB North American tour!
Yay, I can't wait for it to drop now.
Majinwarman

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:42 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:From ArchedThunder himself https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 8735551488

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchedThunde ... 88/photo/1

Fixed the link

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Freakin broly huh...

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Well, at least the poster looks really pretty, and Goku and Vegeta look really nice in Blue for once...

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Freakin broly huh...
Hopefully it's a reinvented and totally different version of Broly... If it's even true, and the poster is legit.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 pm

My joke guess came true?! It really is Brolli?!
Haha...ah, I don't know what to think of this. That's...something else.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Chuquita wrote:My joke guess came true?! It really is Brolli?!
Haha...ah, I don't know what to think of this. That's...something else.
NO! I don't want Brolli! Take him back Toei! Take him back!
Majinwarman

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Well, since Kale didn't work out, I guess Toei has ANOTHER chance to do Broly right :lol:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Where do they speak about Broly ? :crazy:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:55 pm

What poster are you guys talking about?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Check the official movie thread, it's posted there. It hasn't been 100% confirmed as legit yet though, so...there's...hope yet that it's not really a thing?

If it's a fake though, it's a particularly well made one.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)