Episode #0045 (01 October 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 pm

By all means, come say hi to us. It's definitely going to be myself, Meri, Julian, and Jeff. I'm working on convincing Andrew to come. You'll be able to tell it's us by... uhh... my glowing awesomeness?

I want to do lunch, or something, on Saturday. So yeah!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:28 am

Aw, nuts. Looks like I didn't win the contest. :< Thought I might have when I gave Mr. Satan the ability to use Kiai.

Would have been awesome to have won it on my birthday (Oct. 1). T_T;
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Great Saiyaman wrote:Oh, ok. Thanks.

Oh, about Cell using the Kienzan....in the Dub Cell accutally says "Kienzan Disks" when firing it. Then it's Krillin who says "Is that my move"....then King Kai says "no,no, that's the final move that Freeza used".
Hurray for the dub being absolutely braindead!
Did King Kai not at least sat that it was the version that Freeza uses in the Japanese version then? I haven't seen it o.o

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:44 pm

Kirbopher wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Great Saiyaman wrote:Oh, ok. Thanks.

Oh, about Cell using the Kienzan....in the Dub Cell accutally says "Kienzan Disks" when firing it. Then it's Krillin who says "Is that my move"....then King Kai says "no,no, that's the final move that Freeza used".
Hurray for the dub being absolutely braindead!
Did King Kai not at least sat that it was the version that Freeza uses in the Japanese version then? I haven't seen it o.o
I haven't seen it in Japanese, but I remember it in the dub, Krillin thinking it's his, then getting confused about it moving around and about. He said he couldn't do that, then that's when we hear King Kai's remark.

Shibuya_Superstar

Post by Shibuya_Superstar » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:12 am

sounds like you guys had lots of fun at the anime convention. my friend is dragging me to one next weekend but she knows damn well i don't have any money to buy anything. :lol: but she promised she would dress up like either maetel or #18 so it should be interesting...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:16 am

Shibuya_Superstar wrote:sounds like you guys had lots of fun at the anime convention. my friend is dragging me to one next weekend but she knows damn well i don't have any money to buy anything. :lol: but she promised she would dress up like either maetel or #18 so it should be interesting...
Please re-read the forum rules. Thanks.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Shibuya_Superstar

Post by Shibuya_Superstar » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Shibuya_Superstar wrote:sounds like you guys had lots of fun at the anime convention. my friend is dragging me to one next weekend but she knows damn well i don't have any money to buy anything. :lol: but she promised she would dress up like either maetel or #18 so it should be interesting...
Please re-read the forum rules. Thanks.
Sorry dude. Cheers!

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:10 pm

The con was great! Wai~! But I didn't see you guys at all! Of course, I was in panels almost all day; that's probably got something to do with it, and my god, there were a lot of panels! AnimeNEXT only had two, but MangaNEXT had five, not including the video room and workshop room.

I got to play D.O.N. in the gaming room. I kicked ass with Final Flash! :D I want it so badly now! :cry: Some guy kept owning us all with Gaara. We couldn't beat him! :P

Speaking of DBZ games, I picked up one for PS1. (I gotta see if I can find the old thing.) I don't know which game it is, but I've seen the cover all over the internet before. I think it's either Hyper Dimensions or Legends. Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Chibi Buu are on the cover, with Goku in an orange gi in front of them. (Isn't Legends the one with Goku in the white gi?)

So yeah, the con was fun! :wink:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 am

veshira wrote: Speaking of DBZ games, I picked up one for PS1. (I gotta see if I can find the old thing.) I don't know which game it is, but I've seen the cover all over the internet before. I think it's either Hyper Dimensions or Legends. Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Chibi Buu are on the cover, with Goku in an orange gi in front of them. (Isn't Legends the one with Goku in the white gi?)
I'm pretty sure thats Legends. Hyper Dimension is a Super Famicom/SNES game. :wink:
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Jump Ultimate Stars (DS).
Currently obsessed with: Death Note, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Busou Renkin

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:10 pm

DBZ-Guy wrote:I'm pretty sure thats Legends. Hyper Dimension is a Super Famicom/SNES game. :wink:
Oh, okay. XD I probably saw that there, too. Strange... the dealer room sucked in comparison to AnimeNEXT. (Such a small room. :x ) But they had the old Famicom and a bunch of old DB games. They had a nice bunch of them! I think they had the Japanese version and then both English versions of Final Bout, including the newer one which I hadn't seen before. (I'm not buying it again, though. D: )

Yeah, and then I got these... metal sheet things, two of DBZ and one Sailor Moon one which I have never seen before. They have Engrish on them. (^v^) Then I stalked my friends, frightened cosplay characters (I guess I worshipped them too much :D ), played Go, played Battle Stadium D.O.N. (FUN!), and watched a lot of "The Melancoly of Suzumiya Haruhi" while dancing, followed by Genshiken (that bonus anime "episode 25" is just strange... mushrooms! :shock: ), and more S.O.S. Brigade and singing and dancing and...

I like cons. When's the next one? :lol:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Sounds like you definitely had more fun than we did! In the two hours of so we actually spent there. Heh.

The next con that Meri and I go to probably isn't until con season next year, with AnimeNEXT and Otakon, and then AWA. We're old and jaded. We can't do so many cons, anymore ^^;;. We've got tons of friends begging us to come out to ACen, so maybe we'll do that one next year...?

There was definitely some DB stuff to keep any fan interested at MangaNEXT, so I'm happy for you! We actually picked up two doujinshi. One is a Trunks one Meri's always wanted, and I grabbed this absurdly cute one all about Vegeta as a kid with Nappa.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:49 pm

No episode #46, Mike.. :cry:
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:12 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:No episode #46, Mike.. :cry:
Complaining makes things go up faster, of course.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:44 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:No episode #46, Mike.. :cry:
Complaining makes things go up faster, of course.
They do?! Wait sarcasm nevermind... umm, will this one be the "live" on from Manganext?
Speaking of DBZ games, I picked up one for PS1. (I gotta see if I can find the old thing.) I don't know which game it is, but I've seen the cover all over the internet before. I think it's either Hyper Dimensions or Legends. Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Chibi Buu are on the cover, with Goku in an orange gi in front of them. (Isn't Legends the one with Goku in the white gi?)
Legends has a few different covers if I remember correctly. There is a saturn and PSX version and there is a soundtrack (I believe) as well.
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:45 pm

Please do not discuss upcoming episodes in a previous episode's thread. It will be up when it's up, and you can learn about it then. Thank you.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:50 am

I might know this peking duck guy mentioned. I traded him a bunch of American dub stuff for all the Japanese movies on VHS. The olden days...

How is his English? He had to use a translator back then ... if it's the same guy. His name was Seiji Muto. :P