Goku didn’t "master" U.I…YET

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son _Leon

Goku didn’t "master" U.I…YET

Post by Son _Leon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Let’s start with the definition of Mastery, "Control or superiority over someone or something." I know what you’re thinking!!! Goku does have "control" or "superiority" over UI. I mean, he does attain the complete form to fight Jiren using both the defense and offensive aspects of UI. However, at the end of episode 131, Vegeta tells Goku to use his UI and Goku replies by saying he can’t because he must have been pushed to the edge to enter UI. He might have been able to complete the form, but he can’t enter the form at will. Unfortunately, this means he didn’t quite "master" UI as much as he figured out how to use it to its full power. Also remember there is a toll he pays to use UI much like when he started using SSBKK for the first time. So, his body also needs to get used to the toll of using the form. I do believe he will eventually master the form like he did with SSJ from the Frieza saga to his ki control with the from the cell saga. That’s a given. now my question is: What’s next? Will he use SSJ UI? What do you guys think?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Goku didn’t "master" U.I…YET

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Even if he could tap into blanco at will, he still wouldn't have it "mastered". If he can't use it in base through ssbkk then its not mastered. Whis never said you can only use this in a certain form and was trying to teach them this in their base forms like the rest of their training

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:59 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Even if he could tap into blanco at will, he still wouldn't have it "mastered". If he can't use it in base through ssbkk then its not mastered. Whis never said you can only use this in a certain form and was trying to teach them this in their base forms like the rest of their training
This is not what Toriyama and Toei have in mind. Just forget about it. They clearly want Goku to only be able to use the UI ability/technique in the Silver Haired/Aura’d Base Form that we saw Goku in. I.e. they want him to transform if he is to be able to utilise the technique. Because, you know, marketing and merchandise and all that stuff. Which... I find.. Awesome! I have absolutely no problem with it! Base, SSJ1-3, God, and the Blue forms will always be Ultra Instinct free. Exactly how i like it!

Son _Leon

Post by Son _Leon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Even if he could tap into blanco at will, he still wouldn't have it "mastered". If he can't use it in base through ssbkk then its not mastered. Whis never said you can only use this in a certain form and was trying to teach them this in their base forms like the rest of their training
This is not what Toriyama and Toei have in mind. Just forget about it. They clearly want Goku to only be able to use the UI ability/technique in the Silver Haired/Aura’d Base Form that we saw Goku in. I.e. they want him to transform if he is to be able to utilise the technique. Because, you know, marketing and merchandise and all that stuff. Which... I find.. Awesome! I have absolutely no problem with it! Base, SSJ1-3, God, and the Blue forms will always be Ultra Instinct free. Exactly how i like it!

The sad part is that i do think my post makes a lot of sense but DB was only brought back to like to sell toys xD ether way i dont think its off the table just yet. only time will tell.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:38 pm

Son _Leon wrote: The sad part is that i do think my post makes a lot of sense but DB was only brought back to like to sell toys xD ether way i dont think its off the table just yet. only time will tell.
Oooooh, Baggie_Saiyan is gonna get on you for saying that lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Son _Leon

Post by Son _Leon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 pm

Logania wrote:
Son _Leon wrote: The sad part is that i do think my post makes a lot of sense but DB was only brought back to like to sell toys xD ether way i dont think its off the table just yet. only time will tell.
Oooooh, Baggie_Saiyan is gonna get on you for saying that lol
Lol well I'm only came here to have discussions with other DB fans. So sounds about right xD

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Son _Leon wrote:Let’s start with the definition of Mastery, "Control or superiority over someone or something." I know what you’re thinking!!! Goku does have "control" or "superiority" over UI. I mean, he does attain the complete form to fight Jiren using both the defense and offensive aspects of UI. However, at the end of episode 131, Vegeta tells Goku to use his UI and Goku replies by saying he can’t because he must have been pushed to the edge to enter UI. He might have been able to complete the form, but he can’t enter the form at will. Unfortunately, this means he didn’t quite "master" UI as much as he figured out how to use it to its full power.

Agreed. Not sure "mastered" would be the correct word to use in this situation.
Son _Leon wrote:Also remember there is a toll he pays to use UI much like when he started using SSBKK for the first time. So, his body also needs to get used to the toll of using the form. I do believe he will eventually master the form like he did with SSJ from the Frieza saga to his ki control with the from the cell saga. That’s a given. now my question is: What’s next? Will he use SSJ UI? What do you guys think?
Well again, like you said, Goku has to be pushed to the edge in order to use the form. In other words, by the time he uses it, he's fresh out of stamina and his body is literally running on fumes, hence why his body gives out. Imagine that Goku enters a battle with a senzu bean, gets pushed to use UI, and then eats the senzu bean after transforming. Would that toll happen? And I'm not sure stacking SS on UI would look all that good, but anything can happen. If there is a new series coming out, then you can get there will somehow be more transformations beyond Ultra Instinct.

Son _Leon

Post by Son _Leon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Son _Leon wrote:Let’s start with the definition of Mastery, "Control or superiority over someone or something." I know what you’re thinking!!! Goku does have "control" or "superiority" over UI. I mean, he does attain the complete form to fight Jiren using both the defense and offensive aspects of UI. However, at the end of episode 131, Vegeta tells Goku to use his UI and Goku replies by saying he can’t because he must have been pushed to the edge to enter UI. He might have been able to complete the form, but he can’t enter the form at will. Unfortunately, this means he didn’t quite "master" UI as much as he figured out how to use it to its full power.

Agreed. Not sure "mastered" would be the correct word to use in this situation.
Son _Leon wrote:Also remember there is a toll he pays to use UI much like when he started using SSBKK for the first time. So, his body also needs to get used to the toll of using the form. I do believe he will eventually master the form like he did with SSJ from the Frieza saga to his ki control with the from the cell saga. That’s a given. now my question is: What’s next? Will he use SSJ UI? What do you guys think?
Well again, like you said, Goku has to be pushed to the edge in order to use the form. In other words, by the time he uses it, he's fresh out of stamina and his body is literally running on fumes, hence why his body gives out. Imagine that Goku enters a battle with a senzu bean, gets pushed to use UI, and then eats the senzu bean after transforming. Would that toll happen? And I'm not sure stacking SS on UI would look all that good, but anything can happen. If there is a new series coming out, then you can get there will somehow be more transformations beyond Ultra Instinct.
Whis only says the toll is greater the deeper one goes Into the state of God's. So I would image if he takes a senzu the toll would still happen but he would use the form longer. He was in the white hair UI for a few mins not very long at all. Also if they do something else with UI to make it stronger they have to stop with the hair dye.