How do you think the new important characters from U6 and U11 will be integrated into a future plot?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How do you think the new important characters from U6 and U11 will be integrated into a future plot?

Post by Asura » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm

What kind of scenario would warrant bringing characters like Caulifla, Kale, Jiren, and Toppo back? We’ve already had the multi-universal tournament so unless there’s some kind of villain that’s threatening the entire multiverse, what would be a good excuse to bring some of these characters back?

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: How do you think the new important characters from U6 and U11 will be integrated into a future plot?

Post by Miracles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Maybe they will show up from time to time. I doubt the other universes would be a constant thing.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: How do you think the new important characters from U6 and U11 will be integrated into a future plot?

Post by Lionel » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:54 pm

One idea would be Zeno issuing a directive that states the universes have to form closer relations with each other in order to build up their mortal ranking. It could include martial cooperation and, by extension, dealing with potential in-universe threats within the confines of those universes. Maybe the concept of the Makaioshin could tie into this by having them form closer relations with their interuniversal cousins. Right there you have a potential conflict with universes uniting together to combat their united makai counterparts.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Simple. Do another Tournament of Power.. but include universes 1, 5, 8, and 12 :thumbup:

But uh Vegeta and Goku could visit Sadala and maybe a new enemy enters the scene.

I don't think there's any way to include the characters from other universes unless there were to be a universal threat and then everyone comes together to fight. Would be a cool plot point but I doubt Toriyama would go through with something like that due to how daunting it sounds.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:01 pm

With creativity it’s posible , another tournament... not in a while .
Común enemies coming from another universes , we don’t know about 4 universes ( if not 10) .
Some kind of angels revelelion ..
Search of super dragon balls like old times with enemies around...... etc , with creativity all is posible
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Vegeta wll visit planet Sadala and Goku will teach Caulifla SSJ3 and they will have an arc around that or the movie. Which should be fun with Cabba and Caulifla. Maybe they could put over the new villain by having Kefla job to the new enemy as a display of their insane strength.

Jiren and Goku will probably just have some kind of rematch without all the talk of selfishness and loneliness

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 pm

Exline wrote:Simple. Do another Tournament of Power.. but include universes 1, 5, 8, and 12 :thumbup:
They could do that but instead of all the universes taking part in it they'd have the ones that already did form a team so we'd get the ones above alongside a combination of the other 8 universes. Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, 17, Hit, Kale, Caulifla, Toppo, Jiren & Dysop would be an unstoppable dream team.

Goku and Freinds visiting U6 would be a great way to use those characters again while Maybe them getting involved with the guy who killed Jiren's friends and family can work for another arc involving U11.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:02 am

Hopefully when Goku and Vegeta need help then they call on the other Universes to help them. I mean look at Avengers Infinity Wars
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 am

Have a Dragon Ball Multiverse War with the 6 universes that were originally erased by Zeno banding together and fight the other 12 universes as resentment for the other universes for being kept alive, while they were left to perish for long, and planning to overthrow Zeno as revenge for being erased so trivially. And for added dramatic irony, the erased universes (Universe 13-18) could have a perfect Mortal Level and much stronger mortals and Hakaishin.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 pm

Miracles wrote:Maybe they will show up from time to time. I doubt the other universes would be a constant thing.
Right. Goku hired Hit to assassinate him, U6 came over for a baseball match. There doesn't have to be a threat at all for these guys to come over or for our guys to go over.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:41 pm

They won't, besides any potential filler episodes/arc while they're preparing the next major arc.

Case in point: Black arc.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:Maybe they will show up from time to time. I doubt the other universes would be a constant thing.
Right. Goku hired Hit to assassinate him, U6 came over for a baseball match. There doesn't have to be a threat at all for these guys to come over or for our guys to go over.
Insignificant "filler" arcs. Even tho nothing in Super is "filler." Doubtful that a comedic baseball match and Goku hiring Hit was Toriyama.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:11 pm

Doctor. wrote:They won't, besides any potential filler episodes/arc while they're preparing the next major arc.

Case in point: Black arc.
I'm strangely ok with this.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:16 pm

I hope we get to see some characters even if they are just for small moments.

I think Hit, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Saonel, Pilina, Frost, Vados and Champa will stay as recurrent characters, Hit would stay as one of Goku and Vegeta´s rivals and will most likely give Goku or Vegeta a rematch, Cabba will stay as Vegeta´s protegee, Caulifla and Kale will perhaps stick to Goku or Vegeta along Cabba, Saonel and Pilina can stay with the Saiyans, seeing they are the last ones of their species, they can perhaps befriend Gohan and Piccolo if they also travel to U6, Frost can work as a antagonist, Goku and Vegeta would let Cabba, Caulifla and Kale take on him and his army to show how strong they are.

About U11, Jiren will obviously fight against Goku again, it would be interesting if Toppo also wanted to fight Vegeta again, forming some kind of rivalry beetween the 2, Dypso and Kahseral should also play some kind of role, but can´t think of it now.
Also it would be cool if Jiren will realize that he needs help to beat the evil guy from his past, finding the Troopers not strong he would ask Goku to help him alongside his team, this would lead to him travelling to U11 with Vegeta and some other characters (Piccolo for sure, don´t know about the others)

Also it would be nice to see the Trio of Dangers again

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Insignificant "filler" arcs. Even tho nothing in Super is "filler." Doubtful that a comedic baseball match and Goku hiring Hit was Toriyama.
Insignificant is not a word I'd use. It helped further flesh the relationships between in U7&6 that's severely lacking in the manga.

Because it might not have come from Toriyama doesn't mean anything. And you can't call it one way or an other. Look at retellings. He plotted the post Buu stuff and came up with the Namekian book of legends. For years people thought all that was Toei.

People really need to start treating DBS as a whole product. There is no filler, there is no source material.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:02 pm

There aren't important characters from U6 or U11. That aside, introduce a realm of existence above/beyond the universes where Goku can reach new heights in. Characters like Jiren, Hit and Caulifla can accompany Goku. Introduce some threat there to bring along characters for whom the prospect of getting stronger isn't enough, if you want.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:05 pm

No doubt U6 will keep popping up, especially with Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba (dragged along before he could realize what's happening) looking to catch up to U7 Saiyans.

The Namekians there, are they the last of U6? I know they fused with a ton of others, but I don't recall it being stated they fused with ALL of the other Namekians.

Hit has already developed something of a friendly rivalry with Goku, Frost will want revenge on Freeza, Dr. Rota will proclaim his supreme power...

But yeah.

Gohan and Toppo need to work together to preserve Justice throughout the multiverse, trading not only poses, but costumes as well. Who wouldn't want to see Toppo in a version of the Great Saiyaman outfit?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Right. Goku hired Hit to assassinate him, U6 came over for a baseball match. There doesn't have to be a threat at all for these guys to come over or for our guys to go over.
Insignificant is not a word I'd use. It helped further flesh the relationships between in U7&6 that's severely lacking in the manga.

Because it might not have come from Toriyama doesn't mean anything. And you can't call it one way or an other. Look at retellings. He plotted the post Buu stuff and came up with the Namekian book of legends. For years people thought all that was Toei.

People really need to start treating DBS as a whole product. There is no filler, there is no source material.
I know there is no filler or main source in Super. Both anime and manga is the entirety of Super. I'm stating as far as importance is concerned, that baseball arc was filler.
I'm merely stating that U6 is U7's universe twin. Naturally they would be shown more than the other universes. However that doesn't mean the other worlds is going to get the same face time.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Gohan and Toppo need to work together to preserve Justice throughout the multiverse, trading not only poses, but costumes as well. Who wouldn't want to see Toppo in a version of the Great Saiyaman outfit?
That would be awesome seeing Gohan and Toppo teaming up and Toppo in a Great Saiyaman outfit would look hilarious.
    Universe 6 is really important as shown in ToP and they have relationship with the main character. Universe 11 has also have the same treatment too. Personally I love to see the Cabba, Kale and Caulifla interact with Goten and Trunks as well Jiren teaming up with Goku and Hit.
      Also it would be nice to see Ribrianne again.

CJStriker_CBR
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:28 pm

U6 is easy just by the story plot that Caulifla wants to get strong threw what Goku knows and has shown here. So if Goku does not come to her she will go to him! :lol:

Kale will follow her Sis and Support her 100% so where Caulifla goes, Kale will too, so I see them both being pupils of Goku's and how they will be Integrated into future plots.

Cabba by the same way, wanted to get stronger and more wisdom from Vegeta who he looks-up too.

Hit likely wanting to improve himself, either by going to see Goku again or even by confronting Jiren.

U6 Namekins likely or Piccolo likely seeking out each other to learn from one another after their meeting in the ToP.

Toppo and Jiren to confront the U7 fightings or U7 confronting Toppo and Jiren over wanting to learn each others secrets to power.

Others No Surprisingly I want to see integrated are U2 and Brianne/Ribrianne, that will be most likely threw Androids 17, 18 and Krillian who they developed a connect to in the ToP, Brianne's ideals to learn about New forms of Love and I see Sanka Ku have interactions with Android 17.
      --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
      Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
      Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
      My #1 in DB!
      :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
      http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker