Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Scarz » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 pm

hulkty, SSJ3 Satan should have a much, much larger fro. I will not except this.
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:It's a work in progress but I thought you guys would love it.
And I do! Since you mentioned it's a WIP, does this mean we'll see the color version soon?

Anyway, here's a censored Zangya versus Goku piece I drew recently. And by "versus" I mean they do the nasty.

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Post by elyas11 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Also known screenshot of Majin Vegeta going SSj2.
I'm a die-hard Vegeta fan *-*
OOH I did make his arm muscles bigger than the original, more hair detail, skin shading.. Well, not to beat the original ofcourse, but I love this scene so :)

Hope y'all like it!

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Scarz, "I'm Lovin' It!". Elyas11, you're awesome. Insertclevername, I'm right there with ya' bud.

I also need to start drawing again. It's nice to bask in the greatness of other peoples work, and enjoy it all I can, but I want to create something. Be it music or art, I want to leave a little something behind, something that I created and can be enjoyed by others. I just need to develop the skills and technique. Practice is all it takes, and I know this, I just need some motivation.

Throughout my young life, I was honestly always pretty good at most things. Sports, card games, art, music, school work, what have you. But I was never great. I never took that necessary next step that the great ones do. To master ones abilities, to be the best we can be. I have never done this in my life. I began to understand that I wasn't putting my full effort into anything really, I was just getting by the easy way. I was lucky in the sense that I never had to study for anything in order to pass. I would retain a lot of information. Therefore I felt I could slack and get away with it.

I want to be a great guitarist. I want to draw like Toriyama and Oda, but I got to get off my ass and actually fucking try for once. One of these days, ( more of my procrastination... ) I will sit down and do nothing but draw for hours. I'll pop open my Dragon Ball Complete Illustrations, and draw what I see. I've at least always been pretty good at that.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Just posted more pics on DA, here are my 2 fav:
Image SSj4 Adult Gotenks
Image SSj4 Vegito

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:59 pm

dprez wrote:Scarz, "I'm Lovin' It!". Elyas11, you're awesome. Insertclevername, I'm right there with ya' bud.

I also need to start drawing again. It's nice to bask in the greatness of other peoples work, and enjoy it all I can, but I want to create something. Be it music or art, I want to leave a little something behind, something that I created and can be enjoyed by others. I just need to develop the skills and technique. Practice is all it takes, and I know this, I just need some motivation.

Throughout my young life, I was honestly always pretty good at most things. Sports, card games, art, music, school work, what have you. But I was never great. I never took that necessary next step that the great ones do. To master ones abilities, to be the best we can be. I have never done this in my life. I began to understand that I wasn't putting my full effort into anything really, I was just getting by the easy way. I was lucky in the sense that I never had to study for anything in order to pass. I would retain a lot of information. Therefore I felt I could slack and get away with it.

I want to be a great guitarist. I want to draw like Toriyama and Oda, but I got to get off my ass and actually fucking try for once. One of these days, ( more of my procrastination... ) I will sit down and do nothing but draw for hours. I'll pop open my Dragon Ball Complete Illustrations, and draw what I see. I've at least always been pretty good at that.

I can totally relate with you, for a long time I've wanted to strive to be an artist (particularly in cartoons and such) but I neglected the hard work it takes to master that craft. With school and stress (and to some, work), its hard to stay dedicated, and even motivated to pursue that sort of dream. Now, however, I'm starting to take my ambitions more seriously; drawing, hell even doodling every day now! So if you find any free time and your just wasting it by doing nothing, I suggest just sitting down, turn up some tunes, and just go at in a sketch book, or pick up you guitar and play the easiest melody's you can find, all you need is a start somewhere.

If you feel discouraged by your current skill, don't (I did for the longest time), because really talented artist don't star off as prodigies! :) Okay, well maybe some but you get what I'm saying lol

Also....Does anyone have a guide or maybe an image of all (or at least most of) Toriyama's types of eyes he used in Dragon Ball. I particularly having trouble with female eyes, they either look to big or too slender. And some times my eyebrows are too thick or oddly shaped. This would be much appreciated to me and many others!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 am

Pencil drawing of an alternate take on Krillin made by me :twisted:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:05 pm

I updated my DB tumblr with a couple of new pieces. The first was a request to draw Future Gohan and Bulma, an idea so awesome it had to be drawn.

The second? Why another fun lovable adventure starring Chichi (and so many others)!

Honestly, I don't know why you people put up with me and my pervyness.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Scarz wrote:Honestly, I don't know why you people put up with me and my pervyness.
Chichi's chichis
I haven't the faintest.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 am

Insertclevername wrote: Also....Does anyone have a guide or maybe an image of all (or at least most of) Toriyama's types of eyes he used in Dragon Ball. I particularly having trouble with female eyes, they either look to big or too slender. And some times my eyebrows are too thick or oddly shaped. This would be much appreciated to me and many others!
Here are three images, the first one is taken from a title page in the Cell Arc, but rearranged by me, so you only see Cell's face and I also added Mr. Satan's and Goku's faces.
The latter two are title pages from the Buu Arc and the epilouge both of them having the characters participating in the respective arc's tournament.

Basically these kinds of title pages are the best for this kind of request, but I don't have ones from the previous arcs and as you probably know the artstyle was way different back then.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1354/cellarc.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9627/buuarc.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8761/208u.jpg

Strobel

Post by Strobel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi, as you can see I'm new here, perhaps my english could be poor, cause I don't pratice it every day.

I've started to vectorize and draw DB characters with 13 years old, I'm 25 now and I never showed my work cause I consider it a hobby. I just showed a few images on a mugen forum called MGBR.

I decided to show it now cause I saw some of my vectors(the few I've showed) in other forums, people using it and saying they did it.

I did more than 200 vectorized images of Dragon Ball series, including the original style from the begining of the anime and that new style of game, dvd and blu-ray covers.

Ok, enough of talking, let's see some images :)

OBS: I'll not post in an extreme size. I don't want that the same thing I said before, happening again.

SS2 Vegeta (I don't like the earing, then I didn't draw it)

Majin Vegeta

Gohan - Child

SS Trunks - Child

Hope you like it, I'll post more when I have time to. :)

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Love the pictures, but why did you make Trunks have pink skin?

Strobel

Post by Strobel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 pm

DHM211 wrote:Love the pictures but why did you make Trunks have pink skin.
Some old dbz versions of the anime or artworks have that colors, so I decided to keep it, but it's very easy to change. :)

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Why not upload the old eye styles from the Saiyan arc and early Dragonball? You guys are indoctrinating him to draw the newer eye type.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Strobel

Post by Strobel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Personally, I like the old style on aquarela or coloured pencils, but I don't like it on vector, it just don't fit. vector results aren't so good if the lines, curves and fills have irregularities.. If I fix it, it automatically turns into a new style.

When I started, that new style don't even existed.. This images I posted aren't the new style, they are mid-dbz style.. The last generation of artworks(which are the fever now) started over 2003 on budokai game covers.. It fits better with vector.

Well.. Here two oldschool dbz I made on vector(with some changes):

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Looks fine to me. The last Vegeta looks excellent! More of those styled vectors, art or whatever should be out there.

One thing you did wrong, you coloured Vegeta's hair wrong ;)
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Strobel

Post by Strobel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes I did.. :D It's cause I really don't like Vegeta with brown hair without shading hehehe..

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Attitudefan wrote:Why not upload the old eye styles from the Saiyan arc and early Dragonball? You guys are indoctrinating him to draw the newer eye type.
I already told why:
dbgtFO wrote: Basically these kinds of title pages are the best for this kind of request, but I don't have ones from the previous arcs and as you probably know the artstyle was way different back then.

keikuro

Post by keikuro » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 pm

I post a few month ago some of my drawings. Now I'm gonna show you my recents ones:

Adult Goten (from the End of DBZ)

Super C-17

Goku Ssj3

Pd: If you want to see them in a better quality, or the others I did, just visit my deviant page --> http://keikuro.deviantart.com/

Strobel

Post by Strobel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:45 pm

My lastest work! Finished 5 minutes ago!

SS3 Vegeta

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:37 am

A local dragon boating team from Vancouver, BC.

Didn't know where else to stick this. There should be a 'Dragonball: Doo-dads' thread.