GT vs Super [POLL]

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

GT vs Super [POLL]

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 7:46 am

Please vote here one of the four options.

EDIT Peeps were cheating on the poll, link removed

EDIT 2 New link!

Arnuleia's FB poll

So now I've been curious about the general opinions of Kanzenshuu on this one.

No need to argue but you can say what you voted and why if you want. For reference and to avoid twin topics (this one is for the poll) you can write thoughts in the GT vs Super discussion thread in the same subforum. I guess to avoid this thread dying one liners and short comments are fine here but for more in-depth explanations write in Noah's thread. :thumbup:

I vote for Super because not only I enjoyed most of it I also think GT is terrible lol
Last edited by PsionicWarrior on Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am, edited 9 times in total.

sintzu
Banned

Re: GT vs Super [POLL]

Post by sintzu » Sun May 06, 2018 8:52 am

I prefer Super cause despite its issues, it's at least fun to watch/read. GT, despite it having some good ideas was very boring and anytime I try to rewatch it I can never get past the first few episodes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 am

GT, it felt like sequel and was great closure to series. Super was rollercoaster, one episode was great while next was trash i never want to see ever again, they regress couple characters, making them insufferable jerks (Including Goku)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun May 06, 2018 9:58 am

GT by a mile. At least as far as entertainment goes

Super's Ep 131 was epic. Dats bout it. Maybe I'll watch some Yuya Takahashi episodes in Youtube. But that doesnt mean I'd give Super a shot. Its so.....cringy. Even Black Goku Arc, considered best Super Arc seems manipulative & derivative.

GT's 1st & Final Arc were horrendrous in terms of pacing & animation. But Baby & Super 17 makes-up for them. Also, it had cool OP & ED. So yeah!

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 am

coola wrote:GT, it felt like sequel and was great closure to series. Super was rollercoaster, one episode was great while next was trash i never want to see ever again, they regress couple characters, making them insufferable jerks (Including Goku)
I agree, DBGT all the way! Also, the music in DBGT is leagues better than DBSuper. I disregard DBSuper entirely.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:For reference and to avoid twin topics (this one is for the poll) you can write thoughts in the GT vs Super discussion thread in the same subforum. I guess to avoid this thread dying one liners and short comments are fine here but for more in-depth explanations write in Noah's thread. :thumbup:
Added to OP.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 am

Aha, I prefer GT/Super and I like both are for some random reason mutually exclusive. Because you cannot like two pizzas but prefer one.

Well, then GT by a long shot. Sorry, Zamasu. It is not your fault you were born in a different show.

GT gave me what I wanted and made up for the final chapter I disliked in vol. 42. Super is not even what I call a sequel.
Last edited by Cetra on Sun May 06, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 am

Cetra wrote: Because you cannot like two pizzas but prefer one.
Well unless you like them EXACTLY the same, you will unavoidably prefer one over the other, even if it's by a close margin lol
And if you like them EXACTLY the same, you can vote you like both lol
Note voting that you prefer one or the other does not necessarily imply you dislike the other cheers lol
Well, then GT by a long shot. Sorry, Zamasu. It is not your fault you were born in a different show.
lol I'm from 86 mate lol

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 06, 2018 11:29 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Well unless you like them EXACTLY the same, you will unavoidably prefer one over the other, even if it's by a close margin lol
And if you like them EXACTLY the same, you can vote you like both lol
Note voting that you prefer one or the other does not necessarily imply you dislike the other cheers lol
This is ridiculous. If you would have meant it that way then about no one would have the chance to actually vote that they like both.

PsionicWarrior wrote: lol I'm from 86 mate lol
What does that even mean? That you cannot read a single line and think you are Zamasu who was born in the wrong show? I did not ask for your birthdate *obligatory mate cheers lol²*
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:32 am

Cetra wrote:
This is ridiculous. If you would have meant it that way then about no one would have the chance to actually vote that they like both.
Initially this option was for people who don't really give a damn but enjoy both shows, then you made that fun comment lol

Still, I can like Hawai pizza and also like Margarita but prefer Margarita so your comment was the one being off initially lol
Certa wrote: What does that even mean? That you cannot read a single line and think you are Zamasu who was born in the wrong show? I did not ask for your birthdate *obligatory cheers lol²*
Ah sorry I misunderstood, I thought you called me Zamasu and made a snarky remark like I was too young or smth lol
But GT could never come up with Zamasu lol

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 06, 2018 11:39 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:[
Still, I can like Hawai pizza and also like Margarita but prefer Margarita so your comment was the one being off initially lol
No, it is not off because your post in this context would require mathematic accuracy that no one really uses for such a thing, as mentioned already, would kill the entire point of "I like both" as an option as the probability of someone really 100% liking them equal is extremely low. Hence someone should have made a poll with multiple pick option instead as in ordinary conversations when someone likes something at least close to equal no one actually cares if hey still call it equal. And that person can stil explain which one has the nose slightly before the other. It is common for people to do that in really every type of conversation. A multiple pick option would have eased things for exactly this purpose. Then I would not even need to write this post in the first place.

And it makes no sense calling you Zamasu so wherever that decution comes from only Gods knows.
Last edited by Cetra on Sun May 06, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 06, 2018 11:40 am

As a whole, I like both, I don't see the need to choose one over the other, I like concepts, some ideas, some decisions, some content, what was presented in both of them. In the matter of what sequel I like (although Dragon Ball Super is actually midquel), I prefer Dragon Ball Online.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:41 am

Cetra wrote:No, it is not off because your post in this context would require mathematic accuracy that no one really uses for such a thing, as mentioned already, would kill the entire point of "I like both" as an option as the probability of someone really 100% liking them equal is extremely low. Hence someone should have made a poll with multiple pick option instead as in ordinary conversations when someone likes something at least close to equal no one actually cares if hey still call it equal. And that person can stil explain which one has the nose slightly before the other. It is common for people to do that in really every type of conversation. A multiple pick option would have eased things for exactly this purpose. Then I would not even need to write this post in the first place.
I think you just wanted to be mean lol

First option means : You prefer Super by a large margin
Second option means : The opposite lol
Third option means : You like them both, this what you should've picked lol
Fourth option means : You think both are utter trash lol

Then you made that pizza comparison and I came up with that mathematical thing that wasn't there in the first place lol
Last edited by PsionicWarrior on Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun May 06, 2018 11:42 am

I voted for GT.

DBS just feels like another Buu saga episode. Nothing has really changed despite series taking place years after it, but most characters look and behave the same as always. The only characters that got some real development were Gohan and Videl. Not going to judge if it was good or bad development, but they got it.
GT felt like an actual sequel to me with everyone being older and doing something with their lifes. It was the kind of future i'd except to see after DBZ events.

Also, DBS had 2 retelling movie arcs, 2 tournaments and only one original arc (Goku Black saga).
That isn't good compared to GT having 4 original arcs handled in half as many episodes as DBS had.
PsionicWarrior wrote: But GT could never come up with Zamasu lol
Just don't try to pretend they don't have many things in common. They do a lot.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Just don't try to pretend they don't have many things in common. They do a lot.

Sure lol I see the ressemblance 100% lol

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 06, 2018 11:44 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: I think you just wanted to be mean lol

First option means : You prefer Super by a large margin
Second option means : The opposite lol
Third option means : You like them both, this what you should've picked lol
Fourth option means : You think both are utter trash lol

Then you made that pizza comparison and I came up with that mathematical thing that wasn't there in the first place lol
Asking you for a more well thought out poll with multiple pick options every second class forum has nowadays is mean? A guy in his 30s should not be offended by such a simple request.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:44 am

Cetra wrote: Asking you for a more well thought out poll with multiple pick options every second class forum has nowadays is mean?
You didn't really ask, you just said my poll sucks lol

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun May 06, 2018 11:46 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Sure lol I see the ressemblance 100% lol
I am not talking about their look and you know that. Don't pretend they are not similar at all. They have a lot of things in common.
And why is that GT could never come with Zamasu? Since when GT is a living thing with a brain?
GT was made by TOEI animation.
Surprise. The same studio made DBS and came with entire idea of Zamasu.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: I am not talking about their look and you know that. Don't pretend they are not similar at all. They have a lot of things in common.
They have as much in common than Black has with Ginyu and that's already a stretch lol
GT was made by TOEI animation.
Surprise. The same studio made DBS and came with entire idea of Zamasu.
errr no, Zamasu came from Toriyama's notes not from the brains of Toei lol

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun May 06, 2018 11:50 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: You didn't really ask, you just said my poll sucks lol
Cetra wrote:Aha, I prefer GT/Super and I like both are for some random reason mutually exclusive. Because you cannot like two pizzas but prefer one.
No, I did not say it sucks. The disappointment of not being able to choose here is more than obvious here. You do not need everything to be paraphrased into a question to know what the other person wants from you. So if you can still change the poll to a pick 2 option, please do so.
PsionicWarrior wrote:
errr no, Zamasu came from Toriyama's notes not from the brains of Toei lol
This is endless. You already know the arc was requested by Toei, And you already know Toei has about a gazillion writers who have to actually write a full-fledged story out of the draft. This was discussed ad infinitum already and is not even overly helpful for the thread itself.
Last edited by Cetra on Sun May 06, 2018 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy