Manga UK releasing DBZ Movie & TV-Specials Collection (Blu-ray/DVD)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Manga UK releasing DBZ Movie & TV-Specials Collection (Blu-ray/DVD)

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:11 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:BoG and RF really should have been DBS movies.
Those Z movies jump started Super, so not really

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:27 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Manga UK is going to release a Dragon Ball "Trilogy" containing BoG, RF and B on May 27.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Trilogy ... 07NHQVDX2/

BoG and RF really should have been DBS movies.
You forget that they predate Super, and particularly for BoG, there was no guarantee that it would have been a hit at the time. I mean yes, given the modern animation sensibilities and all that baggage they ARE DBS movies, but that's like saying "The 23rd TB should have been a DBZ arc because Piccolo's in it".

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:28 am

mute_proxy wrote:
BoG and RF have little to do with Z and more with Super. We see Super Saiyan God and Golden Freeza on the Super series and now on the Broly movie. So, yes really.

I mean, yeah, BoG came out before Super and all but it looks and feels like a DBS movie.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
BoG and RF have little to do with Z and more with Super. We see Super Saiyan God and Golden Freeza on the Super series and now on the Broly movie. So, yes really.

I mean, yeah, BoG came out before Super and all but it looks and feels like a DBS movie.
Super wasn't a concept until these movies were done, so no, not really. No one's gonna rebrand a movie just because it was adapted into a new show.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:41 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Manga UK is going to release a Dragon Ball "Trilogy" containing BoG, RF and B on May 27.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Trilogy ... 07NHQVDX2/
For a second I was hoping for a UK release of the OG DB movies (I don't care if its not the TOEI remasters, much like Kai: The Final Chapters, Manga UK owe it to themselves to release them for completeness sake).

Nonetheless that's great news for anyone who hasn't purchased the movies yet and wants to save space and money. I hope this set sells enough copies to satisfy that audience.
Well TOEI most likely had no foresight of Super back when Battle of Gods was being announced. For marketing purposes I can definitely understand why they used the 'Dragon Ball Z' branding, using 'Dragon Ball Super' back then would have been less enticing and caused a lot of confusion.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:48 am

MANGA is making another movie collection. This time it's BoG + RF + SB.

Blu-ray: £21.99
DVD: £16.61

Source: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Trilogy ... 07NHQVDX2/

It's a shame not all three movies are advertised as "Dragon Ball Super: The Movie Trilogy" because it sure feels DBS-fied to me.