Favorite Scenes in the Buu Saga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Favorite Scenes in the Buu Saga

Post by PFM18 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:45 pm

The Great Saiyaman/Gohan going to school scenes are easily the best in the arc. The actual major scenes are of the arc aren't really that great imo

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:45 pm

My favourite scene that stuck out to me was the fight between Goku and Kid Buu with the thunderstorm in the background, also it had an amazing song in the Kai Dub called "Let it burn"

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:28 pm

- Gohan in school/visiting Trunks/playing with Goten/any slice of life moment from the beginning of the arc
- Gohan teaching Goten and Videl to fly
- Videl vs Spopovitch (it's brutal and uncomfortable, but it's really well-written and a great turning point for the arc)
- Gohan's SS2 transformation at the tournament
- Videl's goodbye to Gohan
- Majin Vegeta vs. Goku
- Gohan's futile efforts to stop Majin Buu's release with Supreme Kai
- Vegeta's sacrifice
- SS3 transformation
- The birth of Super Buu
- Gotenks vs Super Buu
- Gohan's power is released/Gohan vs. Super Buu up until the others get absorbed

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm

• All Super Saiyan 2 scenes.
• Kaioshin of East and Kibito telling the cast who is Majin Buu.
• Buu's flashback/Buu vs Kaioshins.
• Gohan teaching Goten and Videl how to fly.
• Buu vs people in the Otherworld.
• Buu destroying Earth.

Since there are some movies that take place during Majin Buu saga, I'll include them.

Movie 12:

• All Janemba scenes, mainly the ones in which he displays his techniques.
• Veku vs Janemba.
• Gogeta vs Janemba.

Movie 13:

• Gohan transforming into Ultimate.
• Goku, Gohan and Goten powering up together and charging at Hirudegarn.
• Vegeta's first appearance.
• Tapion giving Trunks his sword.
• All Tapion playing ocarina scenes.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:04 am

Pretty much anything that involves Mr Satan in that arc is A+ material. From his brilliant comedic responses to grave situations, to his wonderfully whimsical and accidental relationship to Majin Boo, and his wholesome yet subtle character growth... he's the best character in that arc.

USSJ Roshi

Post by USSJ Roshi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Funniest part is when Mr Satan thinks he's dreaming and tries to fly and falls onto some rocks. Even Elder Kai finds him amusing.

Best part is when Kid Buu fires a blast into the supreme Kai planet and it slowly begins to fall apart and then Goku goes SSJ3. Funny someone put this scene up. I defy you to find a better scene. I've watched it 3 times already ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejii8DBipdo
Lord Beerus wrote:Pretty much anything that involves Mr Satan in that arc is A+ material. From his brilliant comedic responses to grave situations, to his wonderfully whimsical and accidental relationship to Majin Boo, and his wholesome yet subtle character growth... he's the best character in that arc.
It's a shame though when you're watching at 200% volume through speakers and his dumb voice comes on or some wacky "CARTOON" sound effect plays cause he slipped *cringe*

That video I put above is a perfect example of Mr Satan ruining it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejii8DBipdo