What are all of the Toriyama works that Viz has translated so far?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

What are all of the Toriyama works that Viz has translated so far?

Post by dragondyle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:22 am

I'm trying to collect all of the Toriyama-related works that Viz has translated besides the main Dragon Ball story. This is the list I have so far:

Sand Land - December 24, 2003 (collected)
Neko Majin Z 5 - October 2007 (SJ)
Cowa! - July 1, 2008 (collected)
Cross Epoch - February 2011 (SJ)
Kintoki - January 28, 2013 (WSJ)
Sachie-Chan Good!! - SJ Alpha Yearbook 2013

Am I missing any?

EDIT:
Dr. Slump
Daizenshuu #1
Dragon Ball Super
That Time I Got Reincarnated As Yamcha
Dragon Quest Art Book
Last edited by dragondyle on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
You must have faith in who you are.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What are all of the Toriyama works that Viz has translated so far?

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:28 am

The obvious big one is Dr. Slump, which Viz finished releasing into physical volumes ages ago, and I believe you can also buy it digitally.

Beyond that, I think that's about it? For Toriyama-related releases, there's also the Dragon Ball Super manga as well as the recently released Yamcha spinoff volume. Oh yeah, we also got one of the daizenshuu (#7 I believe) in the form of an artbook, and in the vein of artbooks, Viz is also putting out a Dragon Quest artbook. Just off the top of my head, I think that's about everything.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:The obvious big one is Dr. Slump, which Viz finished releasing into physical volumes ages ago, and I believe you can also buy it digitally.

Beyond that, I think that's about it? For Toriyama-related releases, there's also the Dragon Ball Super manga as well as the recently released Yamcha spinoff volume. Oh yeah, we also got one of the daizenshuu (#7 I believe) in the form of an artbook, and in the vein of artbooks, Viz is also putting out a Dragon Quest artbook. Just off the top of my head, I think that's about everything.
Oh, duh. I don’t know how Dr. Slump slipped my mind. We got Daizenshuu #1 actually and forgot that one too. It’s a really shame we didn’t get anymore. I would imagine anything but an art book is a pretty difficult translation job. Thanks!
You must have faith in who you are.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am

No problem, I actually had to re-read your post a few times to make sure I wasn't just somehow missing the words 'Dr. Slump'. :P

Yeah, it's a shame Viz couldn't have jumped on it and brought us the Chozenshu from a few years back at least, or the newer artbook (Chogashu? I should really start looking on the site instead of trying to pull Japanese names from memory...), but on the former at least, I'd imagine it might be some kind of rights issues, since it would talk about the anime quite a bit as well, so it might be something they'd have to coordinate along with FUNi? Not entirely sure how that goes down.

Oh! And in regards to Dragon Ball, there's also the Full Color variants that Viz has put out so far for the Saiyan and Freeza arcs. Beyond that, everything else is just incidentally related to Toriyama in some way or another, or Dragon Ball.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)