"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:31 pm

There will probably be some serious padding before the tournament, basically so that you can spend more time with pretty much every character you've met as a big finale of the whole game.

Then it will end with the tournament, with the fight we see in the trailer probably being the biggest cutscene.

Then it's time for Super to complete the missing parts of the main continuity, but possibly in another full game rather than with DLC!
sangofe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:01 pm So, over 10 of Goku and over 10 of Vegeta of the total 164 character roster? That means in reality we will have like 30 characters haha...
Well, having 30 distinct playable characters is already a huge step-up when it comes to Kakarot!! :)
More seriously, you meant to post this in the Sparking Zero thread, of course! 8)

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:12 pm

Still think End of Z should've been in the base game but better late than never

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:49 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:31 pm There will probably be some serious padding before the tournament, basically so that you can spend more time with pretty much every character you've met as a big finale of the whole game.

Then it will end with the tournament, with the fight we see in the trailer probably being the biggest cutscene.

Then it's time for Super to complete the missing parts of the main continuity, but possibly in another full game rather than with DLC!
sangofe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:01 pm So, over 10 of Goku and over 10 of Vegeta of the total 164 character roster? That means in reality we will have like 30 characters haha...
Well, having 30 distinct playable characters is already a huge step-up when it comes to Kakarot!! :)
More seriously, you meant to post this in the Sparking Zero thread, of course! 8)
Oui! Sorry, I really misposted today.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:14 pm

They should give at least hints of Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F'.
I understand if they choose to ignore the rest of Super for the sake of simplicity and to avoid confusing the general audience with things that are not shown in the game, but it would be a bit akward to completely ignore events that are part of the DLC for this game.

The best thing would be to actually include vague hints and references about what happened in Super so far, remaining subtle enough for fans who have kept up to know what it's refering to while not giving the impression to miss anything to other.

Vague things like Goku saying to Gohan "don't forget that you've become as strong as me and Vegeta, if not stronger! It's pretty impressive!" in a conversation, and fans could both interpret it as Gohan Beast or as Goku simply complimenting Gohan for what he became against Boo.

Or Trunks saying in a dialogue prompt "I wonder if Gohan would have some unused great poses to teach us... Huh? Goku? Oh, no, it's nothing! I was just wondering because... It's nothing!". And again, Super fans would know what he's up to with Goten, while the rest can think it's for Gotenks' poses or something.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:37 pm

Trouser wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:11 am I hope we can play as adult Trunks and Goten in it. Also, GT next please!
If you're expecting them to do anything with GT, you're dreaming. GT is still the least popular series in the franchise. The most you'll see of it is either in Dragon Ball Heroes, or Xenoverse 2. Or maybe even Sparking Zero since they did stuff with it in the previous Budokai Tenkaichi games.
As for playing as adult Goten & Trunks, don't hold your breath. The story doesn't have a ton of stuff for them in this arc & I doubt they'd expand upon what's there much.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

onefinegent

Post by onefinegent » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:20 pm

i mean, its still fun to speculate. and besides that, they're going to have to add something to pad out the gameplay, seeing how the only real fight in this era is Goku vs. Uub. maybe Goten vs. Pan, but then one of them would have to be made playable.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:10 pm

I feel like the end of DBZ part of the DLC is going to be super short. What can you do in a DLC story that was only a few chapters long.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:39 pm

^ That's why it will probably be extended quite a bit.
I'd bet that they'll mostly give us quests with every character seen in the game as the final goodbye, either before the conversation about the upcoming Tenkaichi Budokai, or between that conversation and the actual event.

You'll just go around the whole world, having to check up on (and do quests for) Dende, Roshi, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Mister Satan, Chichi, Krilin, Lunch, Bulma, etc...

Possibly checking up on side characters like Nam, Snow and others too.

My guess is that most of the DLC will be quests and dialogues showing new things to extend it all.
Like 20% of events and dialogues existing in the original (the conversation and the whole tournament) and 80% of new material to keep you busy for a few hours before the tournament that ends the story.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:44 pm

Maybe they'll do something like give an epilogue to most important characters you've met over the game to give a closure to the game itself.

Could do something like, you did a quest to help a character, then you can meet them on EoZ and they tell you how it helped them, but if you didn't do the quest they'll talk about something else.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:33 pm

I wonder if it'll feature fun characters like Captain Chicken and Otokosuki. Would feel very small with only the Z-gang and Uub.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:44 am

Another trailer released. It looks like they're extending Goten's training with Goku and the Pan tournament fight along with a Goku vs. Vegeta tease at the end.

I wouldn't expect anything too bombastic from this, but what we have looks pretty good.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:47 am

This sole image shows more interaction between Pan and Bra than the entire franchise ever did. And I'm here for this. Hopefully there are more new interactions and new stuff.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm

^ There's a good chance Super will show it in due time.
Super's been really good at clearly showing all along that those people have become a huge family that interacts a lot in many occasions.
It would surely show Pan and Bra having a bond similar to Goten and Trunks.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:25 am

DBZ: KAKAROT DLC 6 Release: February 21

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1758493548503314899

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:09 am

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm ^ There's a good chance Super will show it in due time.
Super's been really good at clearly showing all along that those people have become a huge family that interacts a lot in many occasions.
It would surely show Pan and Bra having a bond similar to Goten and Trunks.
I dunno what I'd think of that. I think I'd rather have a sequel "Dragon Ball: Kakarot" going from DB to GT and also having Super, and maybe Daima as dlc. There's so much from DB that could be really fun. GT has never been exploited much either. As large parts of Super hasn't...

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 am

Ehhh, EoZ's Vegeta still wearing that silly armor...
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:54 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:37 pm
Trouser wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:11 am I hope we can play as adult Trunks and Goten in it. Also, GT next please!
If you're expecting them to do anything with GT, you're dreaming. GT is still the least popular series in the franchise. The most you'll see of it is either in Dragon Ball Heroes, or Xenoverse 2. Or maybe even Sparking Zero since they did stuff with it in the previous Budokai Tenkaichi games.
As for playing as adult Goten & Trunks, don't hold your breath. The story doesn't have a ton of stuff for them in this arc & I doubt they'd expand upon what's there much.
Why are you so hostile? They could easily do GT.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm^ There's a good chance Super will show it in due time.
I'll believe it when I see it.
Cold Skin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pmIt would surely show Pan and Bra having a bond similar to Goten and Trunks.
I'm all for Pan and Bra having similar relationship (to the point they fuse!), but just as long as they develop Goten and Trunks separately (the former desperately needs it).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:48 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:54 am
Scsigs wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:37 pm
Why are you so hostile? They could easily do GT.
I wasn't being hostile. I was being realistic. It's not that they can't, it's that they're not gonna do GT.
Why? Because it's not the current series, it's still the least popular in the franchise, & outside of Xenoverse & Dragon Ball Heroes or other crossover stuff, they're not going to. Plus, I imagine it requires separate licensing. Everything they've done has only been adapting DBZ outside of 1 DB arc that's the most like DBZ. Even the stuff that's connected to Super was originally a Z thing with the 2 Z movies Battle of Gods & Resurrection F. The other DLCs have been: Bardock, Trunks, the 23rd World Tournament from DB (& I imagine they mainly did it because it was just easy & quick to alter the already-existing assets needed to portray it, as well as make Demon Kind Piccolo & kid Goku models). They've been sticking to Z canon stuff. GT is not longer canon to Z.
GT would also require them to make a ton of new assets to tell most of its story. Character models, environments, etc. It'd make more sense to just make an entire new game covering the whole story in 1 go, reworking the existing assets rather than making a bunch of DLCs, but they're not gonna do THAT either because of the reasons I've already stated.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:39 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:48 pm & outside of Xenoverse & Dragon Ball Heroes or other crossover stuff, they're not going to.
Besides Xenoverse and Heroes, GT is also represented in FighterZ, Legends, Dokkan, basically any game that's currently out. It's true that I'd require lots of new assets, but so did the Piccolo Jr. DLC and they did it well. Even this one has a lot of new character models (everyone with their EoZ looks)
Scsigs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:48 pm They've been sticking to Z canon stuff. GT is not longer canon to Z.
It's not canon to Super, but still canon to Z anime.
Since you know, Z Bardock is in this game and he isn't canon to Super either.