Expanding upon Editorials... Theories?

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Expanding upon Editorials... Theories?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:18 pm

I keep seeing some cool things pop up every so often, and they might even make their own nice full section.

Some of the things I've noticed:

- T'ao Paipai / Metallic is actually one of the failed jinzoningen
- Movie 4 Goku is actually SSJ, while SSJ1 is actually SSJ2, etc

There's a ton more examples of things like these. If anyone would be willing to really put some effort into writing full-on explanations (with evidence, of course... not JUST speculation) on things like these, I'd be more than willing to dedicate a section to it.

Plus, it's more literature for the site I don't have to write myself. w00t~!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:03 pm

I came up with the second one! I rule! Yay for me!

But, er, not at the moment. Dissertation takes time and causes much pain. Someone else can do it, though.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:06 pm

Oh ya sure Liam. Just throw out the ideas, take the credit, and then have someone else do the grunt work! :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:11 pm

Yeah, DaizEX needs more editorials. When's that "Your web site suxxorz, part 2" coming in again? Never?

I can see a lot of the ideas conceived in this forum being turned into full-fledged editorials. But, I never have such great ideas. I'll second the encouragement, though.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:12 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Oh ya sure Liam. Just throw out the ideas, take the credit, and then have someone else do the grunt work! :P
I should be an editor.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:14 pm

Theories huh? Sounds like fun, maybe I'll dable with an article or two.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:16 pm

Hey, I'd love to work on a few of them! Just my kind of thing. Not sure what yet, but yeah, you could count me in.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:46 pm

No! This sort of thing was going to be on my site! My original idea... all used up... *sobs*

Actually, I love the idea. It'd be nice to see more than just 'cold hard facts' on DBZ websites. So many possibilities... Although, that Tao Pai Pai one has been used in fanfiction before... -_-

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:58 pm

He's not even trying to hide the fact that he's taking my ideas anymore [hint hint for whole topic as well as for first of the two theories :x :P ]. Oh well. I'd rather have some of my theories be posted on a respectable site like this than not be theorized at all.

That said: Would Cell become "more perfect" if he assimilated Boo?

If the "mystic" upgrade puts you at a "level above your limits" (and we see this to be true as Dende healing him didn't give him a saiyan boost in power), does that mean if he were to go SSJ3 while in Oozaru (or SSJ4 if you're GT fan), that he'd be at the same level of strength? I say yes, otherwise Gohan would have gone at least SSJ1 in his battle against Majin Boo.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:09 pm

Dayspring wrote:He's not even trying to hide the fact that he's taking my ideas anymore [hint hint for whole topic as well as for first of the two theories :x :P ]. Oh well. I'd rather have some of my theories be posted on a respectable site like this than not be theorized at all.

That said: Would Cell become "more perfect" if he assimilated Boo?
He gained power from the humans he absorbed, so I'd guess that there would be a definite benefit if he absorbed Majin Buu.
Dayspring wrote:If the "mystic" upgrade puts you at a "level above your limits" (and we see this to be true as Dende healing him didn't give him a saiyan boost in power), does that mean if he were to go SSJ3 while in Oozaru (or SSJ4 if you're GT fan), that he'd be at the same level of strength? I say yes, otherwise Gohan would have gone at least SSJ1 in his battle against Majin Boo.
I don't think there's a limit to the level of "ki" a single being can possess at one time. The ceremony that Old Kaioshin performed probably unlocked all of the hidden potential that Gohan had at that moment, but I don't see any reason why Gohan couldn't run off and do whatever the characters usually do to acquire more "ki".

Anyway, about Dende healing Gohan: didn't Buu just say that Gohan's power hadn't increased by very much? I think I remember reading a fan translated manga page with that dialogue.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:29 am

When is Cyborg T'aos first appearance? I don't have any of the DB mangas or episodes... :oops:

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:36 am

James R. Cadwell wrote: Anyway, about Dende healing Gohan: didn't Buu just say that Gohan's power hadn't increased by very much? I think I remember reading a fan translated manga page with that dialogue.
I haven't come across a fan manga saying that, but the one I got says,

"Impossible, he's back to normal! Who's that weird Kid? He's back to normal...just prolong inevitable."

And another fan-subbed manga translation I have says

"Impossible, he's back to the way he started. What is that weird kid!? But all that happened is that he's back to normal. He hasn't gotten any stronger, he's just stretched out the period of his pain that much longer."

I always figure that the near death power up was forgotten about in the Buu saga. (It was sort of forgotten in the Cell saga aswell.)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:09 am

I have something almost identical to the second one, where it says he isn't any stronger. Since Rou Kaioshin says his power is special because it not only makes the person reach his FULL potential but boost it even further (I feel through magic, don't yell at me it's what he said!), then it just wasn't possible for Gohan to get stronger and benefit from his saiyan cells.

New theory: If you agree with the above, then Gohan could NEVER get weaker since all he'd have to do is activate the "mystic" power up by going SSJ (which is how Rou Kaioshin told him that's how he'd do it.)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:19 pm

Dayspring wrote:I have something almost identical to the second one, where it says he isn't any stronger. Since Rou Kaioshin says his power is special because it not only makes the person reach his FULL potential but boost it even further (I feel through magic, don't yell at me it's what he said!), then it just wasn't possible for Gohan to get stronger and benefit from his saiyan cells.
The problem is that a fixed, maximum upper-limit for Saiya-jin power has never been established. Obviously you cannot increase someone's power beyond an absolute upper-limit, but it is possible to accomplish that with a relative upper-limit. I think it's easy to interpret what the Old Kaioshin said in a different way -- one which still leaves room for Gohan to become more powerful through training.

What makes you think that "full potential" wasn't directly related to Gohan's strength? If his power level is 1000, maybe his "full potential" for that moment is equivalent to 100,000. If Gohan had trained further before undergoing Old Kaioshin's ritual, his power level might have been 2000. Then his "full potential" would be 200,000.
Dayspring wrote:New theory: If you agree with the above, then Gohan could NEVER get weaker since all he'd have to do is activate the "mystic" power up by going SSJ (which is how Rou Kaioshin told him that's how he'd do it.)
I thought releasing his new power by "transforming" was only a one time deal. Basically I'd assumed that attempting to turn into a Super Saiya-jin was unleashing his latent energy (like it normally does), only this time he was able to continue unleashing that energy until he was even stronger than Super Saiya-jin 3. Then once he reached that point, his body would sustain that level of power indefinitely.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:37 pm

But Goku had even asked what potential was, and Rou Kaioshin answered what I said.

Finally: I KNOW BY DEFINITION EXCEEEDING YOUR LIMITS IS IMPOSSIBLE. I figured since doing that was a MAGICAL ABILITY UNIQUE TO ROU KAIOSHIN that it could be considered feasable(sp?). I mean: it WAS the reason why he was locked in the Z-Sword afterall.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:06 pm

Dayspring wrote:But Goku had even asked what potential was, and Rou Kaioshin answered what I said.
He told Goku that potential is an immutable upper-limit?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:24 pm

You'd think with the number of times the word "potential" is thrown about during the course of the series, that Goku wouldn't act as if he'd never heard the word before.

Of course, this is Goku. The lad who no doubt asks what the fluffy things in the sky are every single time he goes outside.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:42 pm

As he's riding on one no less. :lol:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:54 pm

But that one is coloured "suspicious yellow". Hence it's completely different.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:00 pm

Heh, I wonder if Nimbus was a SSJ? :wink:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.