Dramatic Finishes: 30+ ideas with pictures

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Dramatic Finishes: 30+ ideas with pictures

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 03, 2019 1:02 pm

Dramatic Finishes are a bit like Fatalities in Mortal Kombat: a way to finish off your opponent with extra style implying you clearly overwhelmed and dominated him at the end (in a fun, non-serious way, like "oooh, look what I did to you!").
In Dragon Ball Fighterz, it has the benefit of also reproducing part of scenes that already exist in the original story - or inventing fun what-if situations.

There would likely be room for more ideas depending on the level of flexibility allowed for those finishers. So far, we know that apparently costumes and forms can stray a little away from the original (example: Trunks wearing the same clothes than when he first appeared when he defeats Zamasu, who is not half-monster) and that the event doesn't need to end the fight in the original (Normal Goku pushing Normal Vegeta away with his "Kaioken x4" Kame Hame Ha with the fight being far from over), nor kill the opponent.

Possible Dramatic Finishes can still be set apart as categories depending on your tolerance though:
CUT SHORT - You'd have to accept that, much like what they did with "Normal Goku VS Normal Vegeta" in the game, the fight was not over, it was just a "did he win?" moment that can be turned into a "he did win!" if we stop the scene here and we don't show that the enemy came back for more in the original.
BACKFIRE - You'd have to accept that the one throwing the impressive attack is actually the one who's defeated, the winner just had to resist. Basically, it's winning because the opponent self-destructed while attacking.
NON EXPLOSIVE - So far, all scenes in the game imply beams and explosions as the finishing blow. You'd have to accept that it's not the case here, but I personally judge the moves to be violent enough and showing enough superiority to still be striking "ooh, look what I did to you" finishers. It's a matter of personal opinion though, as it does not fall in line with the rest of the currently available scenes which all have "explosive" finishers, so it's only natural that some players might deem them too underwhelming for the job!

CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM ON A DECENT SIZE OF COURSE.

ANDROID 16 VS CELL WHAT-IF

ANDROID 17 VS PICCOLO NON EXPLOSIVE

ANDROID 18 VS GOHAN (Adult)

ANDROID 18 VS VEGETA (Super Saiyan) NON EXPLOSIVE

BOO (Fat) VS VEGETA (Super Saiyan) - Version 1 CUT SHORT

BOO (Fat) VS VEGETA (Super Saiyan) - Version 2 BACKFIRE

BOO (Unaltered) VS GOHAN / GOTENKS / PICCOLO

Could work against them as a team or even separately.

BOO (Unaltered) VS VEGETA (Super Saiyan) NON EXPLOSIVE

CELL VS VEGETA (Super Saiyan) -- Version 1 NON EXPLOSIVE

CELL VS VEGETA (Super Saiyan) -- Version 2

FREEZA VS GOKU (Normal) CUT SHORT

FREEZA VS GOKU (Super Saiyan) CUT SHORT

Note that in the game's version of the Namek Apocalypse, Goku would be thrown into lava.

FREEZA VS KRILIN

FREEZA VS VEGETA (Normal) NON EXPLOSIVE

GOKU (GT) VS CELL

Goku would not need to be riding anything, and he would have his in-game Nyoi Bo.

GOKU (GT) VS FREEZA

Goku could use his in-game Nyoi Bo instead of this unknown stick/staff to send back the disc.

GOKU (Normal) VS NAPPA NON EXPLOSIVE

GOKU (Super Saiyan) VS CELL CUT SHORT

Censorship might imply Cell's broken body not to be shown, as usual.

GOKU (Super Saiyan) VS COOLER

JIREN VS ANDROID 17 BACKFIRE

NAPPA VS TEN SHIN HAN BACKFIRE

TEN SHIN HAN VS NAPPA WHAT-IF

TRUNKS VS ANDROID 18

VEGETA (Normal) VS GINYU

VEGETA (Super Saiyan) VS BOO (Fat)

VEGETA (Super Saiyan) VS CELL CUT SHORT

Censorship might imply Cell's broken body not to be shown, as usual.

VEGETA (Super Saiyan) VS GOKU (Super Saiyan) NON EXPLOSIVE

VEGETA (Super Saiyan Blue) VS FREEZER

VEGETA (Super Saiyan Blue) VS GOKU BLACK CUT SHORT

ZAMASU VS VEGETTO NON EXPLOSIVE

Last edited by Cold Skin on Sun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dramatic Finishes: 30+ ideas with pictures

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm

The images are so small it’s almost impossible to really tell what they’re supposed to be

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat May 04, 2019 7:31 pm

^ Really? I thought they were big enough to tell what's going on in one screen and avoid the problem of giving a lot of high quality pictures at the same time...

Maybe some screens' resolution may make them appear too small? I did it on my laptop, so the screen's not that big and the resolution is 768p on my display...

Anyway, it's too bad since I made them so that it's easy to tell what's happening thanks to a decent size (reading the text should be impossible - which is good since it's not to be considered - but seeing the action shouldn't be hard).
How disappointing...

The pictures are supposed to basically fill half your screen in width and from almost-half to almost-all of your window in height just like on my screen... They're actually bigger than the usual preview pictures you get for online videos or covers, which are already meant to be enough for a preview of what things look like...

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri May 24, 2019 5:12 pm

The pictures are fine, people just need to click on them.
Very nice thread by the way, I like every single one of those. Good work!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun May 26, 2019 3:51 pm

^ Thanks! 8)
Yeah, I figured it was obvious that you need to click on the small pictures to make them big, that's common on the web.
So I thought when he said pics were too small, he was talking about the zoomed-in version you get by clicking.

But just in case, I added a line to tell people to click on the pictures.

It's amazing how many Dramatic Finishes they could do. I love the fact that the story mode is a new story, it was the best way to go, but with Dramatic Finishes, we also get the chance to have a lot of moments reproduced with their amazing graphics and it's a thrilling way to end the fight too!
I guess this thread shows how they could add a huge amount of those special scenes! Glad you like it! :thumbup: