Fanmanga project anyone?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Fanmanga project anyone?

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:06 am

And now ladies and gentlemen, I propose, a Daizex BBS fanmanga project.

Here's how it works:

We all decide on a topic. We then pic the writer, the illustraitor, etc. Anyone up for it?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 01, 2004 11:10 am

Shotgun writer as of May 18th! (Monday I start 3 weeks of graduation exams. DAMN YOU, INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE!!!)

I suggest a fic on:
1) Pre-Vegetasei-go-bye-bye days starring Bardock as an Elite Warrior who did something to dusgrace him and brand him as a Low Level Warrior for the rest of his life: he slept with a Low Level Women with "the taint", a hereditary Saiyan only heart disease (hint hint) that, if develops in the Saiyan, can become contagious. (She becomes Goku's mother, making Radditz only his half brother) Usually Low Level teams comprise of 2 or 3 warriors, but because Toma's team is so damn weak (PLs all in the Radditz saga range...for Goku+Piccolo...), they're a team of 4, and to add to his shame Bardock has to be their new team leader.

2) A sequel fic taking place 3 years after the end of the manga, just in time for a new Budoukai (it negates existence of GT). There, Goku+co are all excited to test out Uub's strength after completing his training (as strong as Kid Boo). However, a new enemy arises that seems dastardly evil. He defeats Vegeta like he's nothing (*Gasp!*). We're all freaking with suspense, trying to figure out where he's from, especially when Vegeta says (after he loses) that he noticed during the fight that his opponent was wearing (dun dun DUUN!!!) Potarra Earrings! When this unknown villain begins his semi-final fight against Boo, it is interrupted by Kaioshin who comes out of nowhere. The villain beats him senseless and (dun dun dun dun DUUUUUUN!!!) uses a magic spell to absorb the strength of Boo (he's left looking like a pink, idiot version of Skinny Boo)!!! He then uses Kai Kai (but that's a Kaioshin technique!) and disappears.

Kaioshin explains that once upon a time there were really FIVE Kaioshins, 1 to bring order for each caridnal point of the universe, and the fifth, the strongest, to bring order to where Dabura's from. This fifth kaioshin failed and was captured by Dabura and his stronger, older brother, Abura. Abura was originally king of the realm of whereverthey'refrom, but when he sapped Kaioshin's power (using the same technique as he did against Boo), Kaioshin's magic+goodness made it so that only half is power was taken. Before Abura could absorb it, however, Dabura steals the energy to become the powerful Dabura we all know and love, and takes control of the kingdom from his brother. Abura flees with the weakened Kaioshin and spends the next few eons torture/training him back to full strength. When his torturing makes Kaioshin realize he hates the Dai Kaioshin for abandoning him, Abura uses Majin on him to make him stronger+his slave. Since he's completely under Abura's control, Abura realizes that he won't lose his sense of self if he fuses w/Kaioshin. So he, um, well, DOES. (DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUHUHUHUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) And becomes: AburaKai!
When he goes to get his revenge on his brother, however, he finds out that 10 years ago Babidi came and took him away. Nya! So the next three years (the post manga years) were spent preparing to conquere the rest of the universe.

Goku makes Boo go fight in the realm of wherever as "training", and Vegeta tags along since he wants payback on Aburakai. Pan sneeks along since Goku promised earlier to teach her to go SSJ, and Bra gets yoinked along by Pan (Bra can fight but is only in a PL range of 5,000 since she was trained to simply be able to defend herself. Pan on the other hand is way strong since she's like a girl version of kid Goku, only not as stupid). To keep things from getting redundant, everybody else stays behind to act as "defense in case any baddies escape into the normal universe".

3) Everything I said in another thread about Kame-Sennin's origins and/or how Gyumao+Gohan became his disciples.

4) Uub's descendant meets a VERY old Goku (who looks like Toriyama's conceptual art for Goku at the end of the manga). The story takes place a few hundred years after the end of the manga (negates GT and actual amount of time is never said). The Earth has been conquered a few decades ago by the same empire that Freeza was a part of. Since so much time has gone by, only Goku is still alive (to keep DB feel, it won't be explained where the others are, but Goku will explain that a veeeeery old Vegeta died of a stroke while going SSJ). This old Goku trains Uub's descendant who wants to free the Earth. The main bad guy will be a member of Freeza's race, but will not be as strong and can only transform once.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat May 01, 2004 1:27 pm

I'm for pre-Vegita-sei going boom. anyone else up for this?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat May 01, 2004 2:24 pm

Hey, I could do some writing. As for ideas, I like Dayspring's #4.

As for stories... heck, I've got 4 on FF that could be converted, and would be cool if they were, so I'll summerize those, and then add something new too :)

1) (Of Angels and Demons) Takes place in the Future Time-line, sorta. It's seven years after Trunks obliterated Cell. He gets pulled into a paralell universe and ends up being arrested for some rather grizely murders (which, of course, he didn't do).

Anyway, he's pulled to this world by their Eternal Dragon, Ryuu, to help fight against a powerful threat, Omega. He's a Biodroid experiment stronger than Cell in his first state and can transform (plus eventually fuses himself with Goliath).

Even though the Supreme Kai let's Goku and the others come down to help (and Goku and Gohan fuse into Gokan) they're still getting their buts kicked. During the battle Trunks is trapped in a 'torture chamber' like room which causes him to go SSJ3, and then pass out. After taking a serum devised by his lawyer his 4 forms fuse with each other. His base state increses in power 10 fold without changing, and his SSJ transformations are replaced by one new and odd transformation.

2) (Cell Ver. 2.0) A bit of an AT/U. Cell never told Piccolo where he was being 'grown' so the machines kept gathering DNA and forming Cell. Now, about a week before the 'ten years later' tournament Hope, Mirai no Trunks's daughter (and an SSJ2) has come back because Buu is destroying her universe, and this new Cell (who's pink by the way) is on the loose.

You see, the Supreme Kai and Majin Buu are a part of Cell now. Also, Androids 13, 14, and 15 are on the loose. One thing leads to another and Cell becomes 00ber powerful so the handful of survivors from the destroyed Earth (Namek's gone too) are on the Supreme Kai's planet. They create a 'Super Fusion' (Teen Gotenks and Gogeta use portara's to fuse again) and to Fight Cell.

They start losing so Hope, Buu, and Piccolo go to help as well. Thanks to a wish made by 13 eariler Hope goes SSJ4. Buu absorbers her, Piccolo, and Gogetenks and it becomes Ultra Buu Vs. Cell 2.0

3) (Twisted Reality) Kid Trunks goofs around with one of Bulma's inventions and things get twisted. Only Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Vegeta, and Bulma are pulled through to this world even though Tien, Krillin, Yamcha, Videl, and Piccolo have doubles. Takes place before Buu Saga... heck, takes place before Saiyaman (Gohan's not met Videl yet either).

Anway, in this altered universe the RR is in control headed up by the 'Supreme Being' a fallen Kai who has possessed, of all people, Chi-Chi. Only she's 00ber powerful and even an SSJ3 fusion of Vegeta, Gohan, and Trunks (Trugetan) isn't strong enough...

4) (Legend of the Super Sai-jin) (Spelled that way on purpose, I do that with AT/U's) This is a longer story than the other 3 and much less of a stand alone (though it could be changed a little to make it one). Starts with Bardock on an Alien world as an ambassador, he, his mate Appla (all Female Sai-jins have fruit names), and strongest son Turles are attacked. Turles dies. Bardock and Appla get back to Vegeta and recover. Raditz saves King Vegeta and Prince Vegeta, Bardock encounters Zarbon who threatens to kill his son who's hidden away on Earth so Bardock, Appla, and another Sai-jin female named Vadora head to Earth. There's a Budokai, they meet Hotaru, the Tanarian Princess. Fight Jaken, Kui, and Kuwa. And spend the year training for Zarbon's arrival. That then leads to going to Namek, fighting the Ginyu force, and Frieza, and of course, Goku going SSJ.

As I said though, it's part one of seven with some elements that would bleed into the next sagas, but those can be changed.

5) And here's something new. Starts at the 100yrs later tournament at the end of GT with Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. The two have their little match in the tournament, for the title, and Vegeta comes out on top. During the little ceremoney thing five streaks of light come suging down from space to crash out in the parking lot. Everyone goes to look and finds five metal objects which suddenly began to move and re-order themselves into walking robotos. They're an alien assualt force (No, the aliens aren't mechanical, they just have robotic soliders to do their dirty work.)

There's a battle on Earth and our two pint-sized SSJs get beat up. Pan shows them a technique she'd seen Goku and Vegeta use, the fusion dance! So, Gogeta Jr. enters the battle and destroys the robots with the help of Piccolo (not the guy from the anime, his son. :) ). From there Bulma's descendant that Pan ran into earlier helps them scan the stars in search of their attackers.

A short while later the Command Ship comes down expecting to find a conquered planet. Goku Jr., Vegeta Jr., and Piccolo (um... is that Jr. or the III?) stand off against the robots and aliens on board, and beat them back. Then they take the ship and go off to find out who's trying to kill them.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat May 01, 2004 2:33 pm

I was thinking mabe something like Vegita's team and Bardock's team and their rivalries. We could have them encounter Brolly and have to team up

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun May 02, 2004 12:31 am

Well aren't I helpful but I also could do some writing but you DON'T want me on art - my art sucks.

Possible suggestions:

I second the idea with Roshi and Crane Hermit's training, friendhsip, and paritng of ways, its an area that really could be fun to develop

I also like a continuation for Future Trunks.

I'd also like to add in one story idea of my own, a more light hearted and fun story that takes place after Goten was born but before the Buu era. Wouldn't it be fun for Goten to go on an adventure similar to Goku's original - and he runs into no other than Pilaf. It could be hilarious fun since Goten thinks hes playing an adventure game, and Pilaf freaks out seeing Goku's mirror image. No idea where we'd take it but it could be a fun one.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Sun May 02, 2004 3:46 am

I could draw it, but it would take me a reeeeeeeally long time. O.o Er, nevermind, someone faster can do it.
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Sun May 02, 2004 3:51 am

Goku x Clone of Goku x Evil Clone of Goku!

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun May 02, 2004 9:56 am

People, in order for this to work, were all going to have to agree on a topic.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 02, 2004 2:35 pm

I like my Bardock idea for an action/PG 13 style, or my Kame-Senin for a classic DB feel, or the Goten story proposed by Mochi.

Another suggestion is how Goten and Trunks go SSJ (this is an addition to Mochi's suggestion). Trunks finds out Goten's looking for DBs or something at around age 3-4 so he gets jealous and goes after him. The two are in a race to get all the DBs first, and while Trunks is bored to tears (and winning since he has a DB radar), Goten meets up with Pilaf who freaks because he thinks it's Goku. Trunks snatches the DBs and summons Shenron. While they're looking up at Shenron Goten asks Trunks when was the last time he was summoned. Trunks answers "right after Gohan ascended the state of Super Saiyan (or however we'll phrase that)". Goten will go all "Gohan's so cool! I wish I knew how to go SSJ!" so Shenron grants him the knowledge and disappears. Trunks, pissed off that Goten waisted his wish, gets mad and goes SSJ for the first time. The manga ends with both kids crying over how they have to wait a whole year before they can go after the DBs again, neither realizing that they're both in SSJ.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 02, 2004 3:04 pm

Oh, I like Dayspring's/Mochi's idea!
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 02, 2004 3:49 pm

Me too. It would also make it more realistic to make. The others sound to long to write, let alone draw.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun May 02, 2004 5:59 pm

I like the idea of a story thats way, way, way in the future. We see decendants of all the main characters but we arent told how they're related to their ancestors. The villian could be one of Freeza's decendants. He would come to earth knowing a spell that would ressurect the dragonballs wich have been dormant since the end of GT.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 02, 2004 6:16 pm

Meh. Don't really like that one myself. It would make more sense for Freeza's descendent to go to Namek where the DBs are already active.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 02, 2004 6:26 pm

Dayspring wrote:Meh. Don't really like that one myself. It would make more sense for Freeza's descendent to go to Namek where the DBs are already active.
Weren't the DBs active in the 100 years later thing? I think Goku Jr. had the 4 Star Ball..

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 02, 2004 6:36 pm

But that's (probably) because Dende was still alive. If we go too far into the future, Dende might be dead (therefore no DBs). Although we could always write that Dende had a kid rather than train a whole new Kami so I'll shut up.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 02, 2004 6:39 pm

I think it was only the 4star ball. I believe Goku put it back in Grandpa Gohan's little hut thing but kept the others. I mean, it's not like they can use them with only one ball. And that seems very much like something Goku would do.
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 02, 2004 6:47 pm

Xyex wrote:I think it was only the 4star ball. I believe Goku put it back in Grandpa Gohan's little hut thing but kept the others. I mean, it's not like they can use them with only one ball. And that seems very much like something Goku would do.
Hm.. I think Goku absorbed the 4 star ball along with the others at the end of GT. Went into his forehead, I believe.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun May 02, 2004 7:50 pm

I say we gather a list of the top five ideas and everyone votes on one.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 02, 2004 8:12 pm

Er...we only seem to have 5 popular ones. The rest just aren't popular. :P

So far the top 3 seem to be the Bardock one in third, a descendent of sombody vs Freeza empire story of some sort in second, and the Goten story in first.

I vote for the Goten story since it'll be classic DB, fill up the second largest gap in the whole manga, and be simple to write/draw (if it's too long we'll lose interest in it or worse: our writers+artists). It also seems to be one of two mentioned stories capable of containing ANY humor, which is a staple of DB.