Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:16 pm

peterx wrote:Is there any chance Toyble is Toryama sensei himself? And he is working on a secret new manga? :D

Its just TOO similar to Toryama's draw style and Toryama used that avatar in his mangas what Toyble is using too...

So any ideas? Or is this already checked? Mike? :)
Why would Toriyama-Sensei have a blog, etc.? He's an old man now! (^_~) Haha. If anything, maybe Sasuke? Haha. Just kidding, it's all fan.
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:25 pm

Payne222 wrote:
peterx wrote:Is there any chance Toyble is Toryama sensei himself? And he is working on a secret new manga? :D

Its just TOO similar to Toryama's draw style and Toryama used that avatar in his mangas what Toyble is using too...

Why would Toriyama-Sensei have a blog, etc.? He's an old man now! (^_~) Haha. If anything, maybe Sasuke? Haha. Just kidding, it's all fan.
Right. And if you compare it to the original manga, you'll find that a lot of Toyble's panels are practically traced from some later parts of the manga, but modified with extra tidbits to become his own characters. His own stuff is still good, though.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:36 pm

Since I'm not too big on the manga (as much as Id like to be), can someone post these mentioned similarities and tracings?
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:17 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Since I'm not too big on the manga (as much as Id like to be), can someone post these mentioned similarities and tracings?
Luckily, a lot of them are from Volume 42 (26?), which is one of the few volumes of DbZ I actually own. I'll try posting a few a bit later.
deviantART
[thread]

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 pm

I had a theory early on that Toyable was possibly tracing a bit of the pictures >.>...I'll update this post with scans once my scanner obeys me. :x
EDIT: Here are some examples that stuck out a lot for me in the early chapters. Please note that some of these scans came out less than perfect, I'm just glad I got to scan them at all ^^;:

-Compare to the SSj Goku
-Compare to the Omega Shenlong
-Compare to Chibi Goku
-Compare to Saiyaman transformation
-Compare to SSj4 Goku stance
-Compare to Uh, Chibi Buu
-Compare to SSj5 powerup

The Chibi Buu example is by far my favorite. It's most likely a photo copy imo. Keep in mind some of the examples might not be as obvious but if you follow the actual manga closely, you'll agree that these are more than "like Toryiama's artstyle"..:roll: Comments..? Please let me know if I left a broken link.. :)
-Rick
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Shiini

Post by Shiini » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:30 am

Example : Goten in Great Saiyaman 3 take a huge blow from Zaiko. It's exactly the same 3 frames as in the first waking up of Majin Buu (during the SSJ2 Gokû VS Majin SSJ2 Bejîta), when Buu blows up Gohan far (far) away.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Also, when Xicor (that his name?) shoots that big blast at the Earth, it's practically line-for-line the same as Majin Vegeta's shooting at the audience at the Budokai. That's the other big one I remember.

That, and a couple of the other various poses are straight outta the Kid Buu saga, too.
deviantART
[thread]

Shiini

Post by Shiini » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 pm

It's Zaiko ! ^__^ ザイコ in Japanese.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Shiini wrote:It's Zaiko ! ^__^ ザイコ in Japanese.
It's "ザイコー", actually.
And again, it most definitely stands for "Xicor", just like "ライラ" would stand for "Lila".

aarondirebear
Beyond Newbie

Post by aarondirebear » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:41 pm

Where in the blazes of HELLL are you getting Xicor from Zaiko?
Quit being such a damn dubbie and call him by his real name!!!
"You dont need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Please tell me you're kidding.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:00 pm

aarondirebear wrote:Where in the blazes of HELLL are you getting Xicor from Zaiko?
Quit being such a damn dubbie and call him by his real name!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Good one Aaron, good one! :lol:

Anyway the manga is at least well drawn though I never really noticed how some frames are based from the Dragonball manga. That's sounds a little weird... maybe he has trouble with certain poses or it's meant as a nod to the original source material. *shrugs*

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:09 pm

Comparison pics someone? I'm one of the few who can't just go grab a volume from my shelf and compare for my self :roll:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:45 pm

I already said that.

And Aaron....while some people believed that Xicor was pronounced Zi-sor(including myself) apparently it's pronounced Xi-kor!

Oh, Bob and Steve are on G4! See ya!
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Big Momma wrote:while some people believed that Xicor was pronounced Zi-sor(including myself) apparently it's pronounced Xi-kor!
Er... Well, that's how toyble pronounces it, anyway. ^^;

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Big Momma wrote:
And Aaron....while some people believed that Xicor was pronounced Zi-sor(including myself) apparently it's pronounced Xi-kor!

Oh, Bob and Steve are on G4! See ya!
Actually Prince Xizor is a Star Wars character, he is the leader of the criminal Black Sun orginazation.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:44 pm

Xicor... that was a retarded fanname for Son Gokuu's demi-deity kid in AF, right? I read an actual AF doujin (printed... wish I could get them from my cousin) where the kid's name was Son Goshin... and totally not evil.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Visual comparisons available in my previous post (scroll up about ten posts).:)
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:41 pm

It does look like he traced some. He can still draw well, though. Is there any evidence he traced the cover to the first chapter?(With Pan pulling Goku through the door.) And is there any news about pages 9-54 being scanslated?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:38 pm

So how did you guys even notice all this copying? You must have WAY to much time on your hands.... I mean I would never have even noticed it. :lol: