Why is "The Strongest Warrior" region locked?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Why is "The Strongest Warrior" region locked?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 12, 2020 6:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uchrgF_b9AY

It looks insanely good for a mobile game and is the first Dragon Ball game in a decade to actually follow Goku's childhood. Why is it only available for China to enjoy?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why is "The Strongest Warrior" region locked?

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 14, 2020 4:56 am

Hell, it looks like Legacy of Goku! This is something what I was dreaming about since the game were release, to get the complete story.
Dragon Ball Online was also just in China, Taiwan and Korea if I remember it right and lot of games are Asia only, it is just now that we are getting something here is well, like the Online Gundam on PS4 or Saint Seiya on mobile phone, which is probably because of Seiya still being hugely popular in Latin America, but don't know about Gundam, as I have bought the first Gundam Versus and the game was pretty much dead in online from the start... But I really don't get it why don't we get this... Huge costs versus actual demand, licensing issues? I can imagine that you need a whole new support and teams to work on the game in US and Europe to make it live.

Is it online or it is complete game that you buy?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: Why is "The Strongest Warrior" region locked?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri May 15, 2020 5:53 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:56 am
Is it online or it is complete game that you buy?
It's a free online game, but you need a Chinese phone number to play it. It also doesn't have an English patch so even if you mange to actually play the game you're going to be lost and confused.

As for the game's completion, I think it's currently at Cell Saga.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time