Kid Chi-Chi Redesign

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CityracerGaming

Kid Chi-Chi Redesign

Post by CityracerGaming » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:02 pm

I have always thought that Chi-Chi's character design in the Pilaf saga could have been better. Therefore, I have decided to commission a redesign that I prefer. I ask that you consider leaving a comment on its DeviantART page in order to support the artist. Link

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Kid Chi-Chi Redesign

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:13 am

Not trying to come off as a creep, but covering up does not make an outfit better. imho you should have went for a complete overhaul, research some chinese or japanese looking armor and go from there.

CityracerGaming

Re: Kid Chi-Chi Redesign

Post by CityracerGaming » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:03 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:13 am Not trying to come off as a creep, but covering up does not make an outfit better. imho you should have went for a complete overhaul, research some chinese or japanese looking armor and go from there.
I understand where you are coming from. I certainly considered using different armor entirely. I spent some time looking at eastern, western, and fantasy armors. There were a few I almost chose, but at the end of the day, I wasn't truly satisfied with any of them. Also, my decision with the armor wasn't to simply "cover her up." It was more of an attempt to make the armor more realistic. While I can get behind a character in armor, I really hate impractical armor.

If I had to do it again, I would have made some additional changes to the armor as well as the helmet, but I still am satisfied with the result.