Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Tier List 2020

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yokumi24

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Tier List 2020

Post by Yokumi24 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm

The newest version of the Tenkaichi 3 tier list has finally been released. Many different lists have been made by various top players from different regions. Due to a large roster, it takes a long time because a lot of versions are made before a setlist is released. Primarily with ranking the high and mid-tier characters. Although the competitive scene is rather unknown to many North Americans the game is still thriving with a dedicated player base in Latin America and parts of Europe.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Tier List 2020

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 am

Who made this list? What authority / credentials / background with the game do they have? What are some of the reasons behind some of the categorizations? How has this changed since some of the prior tier lists? Have any new discoveries been made in the game that would have led to some of these changes? What kind of response does this list have within the larger community, particularly with players from different regions?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:49 pm

I can definitely buy that Kid Boo is top tier. He was always a pain to fight against in that game, but what makes Broly the best of the best?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:26 am

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:49 pm I can definitely buy that Kid Boo is top tier. He was always a pain to fight against in that game, but what makes Broly the best of the best?
He's Broly, he'll always be the best of everything. 8)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 am

For me to play as, it was Kid Buu and Butter on top... Man, his supersonic kick or whatever his hich speed going around and kicking was called, this guy got me trough the both Survival modes with breeze.

But I can agree with some of the characters on the picture going by head, I know that Freeza/Cell Goku SSJ was awesome, Trunks with long hair and armor, SSJ (or 2?) Gohan... I remember Arale's Ultimate attack was pain in the ass to hit with.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Yokumi24

Post by Yokumi24 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 am Who made this list? What authority / credentials / background with the game do they have? What are some of the reasons behind some of the categorizations? How has this changed since some of the prior tier lists? Have any new discoveries been made in the game that would have led to some of these changes? What kind of response does this list have within the larger community, particularly with players from different regions?
The list was created by top Italian player Paige he's been playing the game for years and is a well-respected member of the Tenkaichi 3 community.
In terms of placings I can only really explain the top tiers
Android 17:
Highest ki regeneration of all the androids and in the game
A blast super called Power Ball that stuns on block and can be easily used at the end of combos
Since he has a fast Ki regen with Power Ball super that doesn’t require much Ki it’s one of the few supers in the game that can be spammed.
Great melee combos that can easily be ended with supers or ki blast traps
One of the second fastest character in the game.

Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
b\Breaks the game on a fundamental level
Highest amount of super armor in the game
Doesn’t receive much knockback from any melee attacks
1 unblockable super attack and 1 unblockable ultimate attack that is extremely fast and forces your opponent to just take it
Biggest non-giant character in the game so it’s harder for characters to evade his melee attacks
4 bars of health at the start

Adult Trunks
Best melee options in the game
Superfast rush supers
Has more melee damage compared to his super Saiyan form
Great explosive wave

Kid Goku:
Has low damage
Can't fly
Lack of a good super attack
No optimal melee combos
Poor after image