Is there an indication to how strong Mr Popo is?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Humpski
Regular

Is there an indication to how strong Mr Popo is?

Post by Humpski » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:58 pm

This has probably been asked a lot. Sorry.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:01 pm

Stronger than Goku when they first met, yet weaker than Kami.

Someone with them fancy books, look up the numbers.

:D
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:13 pm

To be more specific than Kaboom, he was stronger than King Piccolo (or at least Goku's punch that killed him). Though his major advantage in his debut was his ability to move without being sensed. He was also able to redirect Goku's Kamehameha straight into his mouth without injuring himself in any way, if that helps (I'm pretty sure that part was filler, though).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:13 pm

I'm guessing he's strong enough to beat Piccolo Daimou at the very least (I say this because he was toying with Goku- the boy who killed Piccolo). Popo was able to hold off Trunks and Goten as super saiyans, but that was filler. I think Popo wasn't much after the 23rd Budokai because if he was, I'm sure he'd help out in the battle against the saiyans. Hope this helps.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:45 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:Popo was able to hold off Trunks and Goten as super saiyans, but that was filler.-Rick
Ok that's the part that threw me.
So it's not canon that he can take on Super Saiya-jins?

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:50 pm

Humpski wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:Popo was able to hold off Trunks and Goten as super saiyans, but that was filler.-Rick
Ok that's the part that threw me.So it's not canon that he can take on Super Saiya-jins?
Nope. When you see the boys again Goku tells them what happened. The only thing dealing with Popo and the boys up to that point is him suggesting fusion. Popo's fights in DragonBall were pretty brief as well. You can get more info on Popo from someone who followed the Garlic Jr. Arc closely but I don't know too much about that, sorry.. :oops: (The last I've seen of that arc was in a certain "how to make dbz amv video)Wow, I didn't think I knew that much about Popo.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:52 pm

Okay, I don't think Popo could beat Piccolo Daimao. :? That would make him stronger than Kami.

Either way, his big advantage over Goku was his skill and speed. He could predict all of Goku's moves and effectively counter them.

So while I doubt he was more powerful than Daimao, but he was more skilled than Goku at the time.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:56 pm

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Okay, I don't think Popo could beat Piccolo Daimao. Confused That would make him stronger than Kami.Either way, his big advantage over Goku was his skill and speed. He could predict all of Goku's moves and effectively counter them.So while I doubt he was more powerful than Daimao, but he was more skilled than Goku at the time.
I don't think Popo being stronger makes much sense either...but, the great demon king Piccolo is probably weaker than Appule.
-Rick

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:59 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:I think Popo wasn't much after the 23rd Budokai because if he was, I'm sure he'd help out in the battle against the saiyans.
Actually, it's mentioned either in late DB, the Saiya-jinn saga, or the Freeza saga that even though Popo was much stronger than some of the enemies in the series, he wouldn't be willing to leave Kami's side just to fight. What a loyal... pointy-eared person.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:50 pm

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Okay, I don't think Popo could beat Piccolo Daimao. :? That would make him stronger than Kami.
How do you figure that? Kami was much stronger than Piccolo Daimaô, even with his youth restored. It was only Ma Jr. who surpassed him.

the1payday
Beyond Newbie

Post by the1payday » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:53 pm

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Okay, I don't think Popo could beat Piccolo Daimao. :? That would make him stronger than Kami.

Either way, his big advantage over Goku was his skill and speed. He could predict all of Goku's moves and effectively counter them.

So while I doubt he was more powerful than Daimao, but he was more skilled than Goku at the time.
Popo was stronger then Piccolo Daimao but weaker then Kami. Kami COULD physically pound Piccolo Daimao into the ground....there's just that little bit about him dying too to watch out for. Both Popo and Kami were stronger then Piccolo Daimao.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:02 am

I was under the impression that Kami and Daimao were of equal strength.

:? May I ask where you guys are getting this info? I don't have these episodes.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:43 am

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:I was under the impression that Kami and Daimao were of equal strength.

Goku is able to go head-to-head with King Piccolo. Kami knocks Goku away with a flick of his finger.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:11 am

Rocketman wrote:
The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:I was under the impression that Kami and Daimao were of equal strength.

Goku is able to go head-to-head with King Piccolo. Kami knocks Goku away with a flick of his finger.
This is true... I'm still skeptical, but I'm not going to argue a point until I see these episodes in Japanese with Steve's subtitles.

:)

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:33 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:I think Popo wasn't much after the 23rd Budokai because if he was, I'm sure he'd help out in the battle against the saiyans.
Actually, it's mentioned either in late DB, the Saiya-jinn saga, or the Freeza saga that even though Popo was much stronger than some of the enemies in the series, he wouldn't be willing to leave Kami's side just to fight. What a loyal... pointy-eared person.
I was thinking about that too but I wouldn't it makes more sense for Popo to fight against the saiyans as well? It's one thing to be a loyal servant but he could do more to protect his master's life by actually fighting.
Kami was much stronger than Piccolo Daimaô, even with his youth restored. It was only Ma Jr. who surpassed him.
It's kind of sad to see Piccolo Daimou being weaker than Kami. And this is the Piccolo that was in his "prime". As said by nice Bulma avatar, er- Deus, the strongest single namekian on earth is/was Piccolo Jr.
-Rick

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:53 am

Mr.Piccolo wrote:As said by nice Bulma avatar, er- Deus...
XD I thought I was the only one who noticed...
deviantART
[thread]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:57 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:I was thinking about that too but I wouldn't it makes more sense for Popo to fight against the saiyans as well? It's one thing to be a loyal servant but he could do more to protect his master's life by actually fighting.
Now you've overestimated Popo's strength; he states as soon as he meets Goku that Kami was much stronger than himself, and then in the 23rd Tenkaichi tournament Goku and Piccolo both exceed Kami. At Popo's strength he wouldn't have even been able to stand up against Raditz.

Since he didn't seem to join in the Z-senshi's training, I can only assume that Popo had reached his relative limit, and wouldn't have done any good.
It's kind of sad to see Piccolo Daimou being weaker than Kami. And this is the Piccolo that was in his "prime"...
Not really. Kami and Piccolo-Daimaô were not split evenly from their original self; Piccolo represents the small lingering evil that existed in his heart. But since he was more good than evil, it makes sense that Kami would have taken the lion share of their power.
As said by nice Bulma avatar, er- Deus, the strongest single namekian on earth is/was Piccolo Jr.
-Rick
My name is right there; above the rack... :roll:

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:I was thinking about that too but I wouldn't it makes more sense for Popo to fight against the saiyans as well? It's one thing to be a loyal servant but he could do more to protect his master's life by actually fighting.
Now you've overestimated Popo's strength; he states as soon as he meets Goku that Kami was much stronger than himself, and then in the 23rd Tenkaichi tournament Goku and Piccolo both exceed Kami. At Popo's strength he wouldn't have even been able to stand up against Raditz.
But there is always room for improvement in the dragon world. From what I remember, Popo didn't do any sort of fighting during the training for the saiyans.
Since he didn't seem to join in the Z-senshi's training, I can only assume that Popo had reached his relative limit, and wouldn't have done any good.
He sparred with Yamcha and the others and that was about it. I'm sure if he had actually trained he would surpass Yajirobe at the very least. With that being said, is Yajirobe actually stronger than Piccolo and Goku at the 23rd Budokai :shock:?
It's kind of sad to see Piccolo Daimou being weaker than Kami. And this is the Piccolo that was in his "prime"...
Not really. Kami and Piccolo-Daimaô were not split evenly from their original self; Piccolo represents the small lingering evil that existed in his heart. But since he was more good than evil, it makes sense that Kami would have taken the lion share of their power.
That makes sense. I always make the mistake of assume the saiyan trait of gaining strength goes for all of the other warriors. :oops:
As said by nice Bulma avatar, er- Deus, the strongest single namekian on earth is/was Piccolo Jr.
-Rick
My name is right there; above the rack... :roll:
I know your name, Deus ex Machina. It was just the same as a...deer.. in...the...head..lights.. :shock: :)
-Rick

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:15 pm

I never got the impression Yajirobe was that strong, He got beat at the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budôkai in the preliminaries. (Well I guess that's ok it was Kami).

He then get's trained by Kami, but mainly slacks off. I never took him as a serious fighter, but I don't think it actually tells you how strong he is.

Beyond the Beyond
- Scott

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:But there is always room for improvement in the dragon world.
:D

If you're confused, go read around page 6 or so of my FanWorks thread.
deviantART
[thread]