Favourite Filler Episode

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:47 am

Of course, I enjoy the driving episode. I also really enjoy the episode at the end of the Buu arc where everyone's memories of Buu are erased, and he's just around the town, eating ice cream, shopping with Bulma, and stopping robbers. Great stuff, great stuff...

Other favorite filler moments include:
1) Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Yamcha, and Chaozu's training in the past (during the early-Saiyajin arc.)

2) Ginyu trying to train Freeza's henchmen to become Ginyu Force members, hilarious. (during the mid-Freeza arc)

3) Goku's "vision" of Earth being destroyed, while unconscious underwater, before going Kaio-ken 20x. (late Freeza arc.)

4) That whole episode where Vegetto fights Buu before turning SSJ. (Buu arc)

5) Goku and Vegeta inside Buu, having to fight worms, digestion, and "dream copies" of Gohan, Gotenks, and Piccolo. (Buu arc)

- Bilis :D [/b]
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:10 am

I like the giant enemy crab episode. When I was little I felt bad for Blueberry and Raspberry.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:56 pm

GI_Judd2287 wrote:I like the giant enemy crab episode.
Attack its weak point for massive damage! :P

(Props if you know what that's from)

Vestrum Excrucibo

Post by Vestrum Excrucibo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:24 pm

My absolute favorite filler eps are the ones when Goku and Vegeta are in Buu's body, and they meet the worms XD
The look and Vegeta's face is priceless!

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:47 pm

Filler is very strange. I'd like to know if who writes filler or if, by any chance, Toriyama had extra info that couldn't fit the manga (or he didn't feel like adding). Like the heroes helping in the end of the Cell Games or Goku and Vegeta fighting Buu's thought images... those plots are too good not to be made by Mr. Toriyama.. :shock: Any thoughts.. theories?
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Menardi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Menardi » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:49 pm

Filler episodes are always fun to watch. There would be too many to choose...
[b][color=green]GREEN TEAM[/color][/b]
[b][color=pink]But does he know how to wind you up?[/color][/b]

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:27 pm

shannarafan wrote:Oh lawd, I like so many of them. #124 was great because it made the Bulma/Vegeta relationship plausible
Interesting. What's this episode about, again? *hasn't seen much of the Cell Saga*

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:39 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:
shannarafan wrote:Oh lawd, I like so many of them. #124 was great because it made the Bulma/Vegeta relationship plausible
Interesting. What's this episode about, again? *hasn't seen much of the Cell Saga*
First off, this was a BIG necropost. This thread hadn't been touched since December. Please don't bump multi-month old topics like this.

To answer your question, I believe the episodes in question are the ones involving Vegeta's Gravity Room training, and Bulma "nursing him back to health" after he nearly killed himself doing so.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:44 pm

Okay, Kaboom. Since you said "please", I will take your advice.

And that does sound like a good episode. Shame I missed that one.

NativeGirl

Post by NativeGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 pm

My favorite Filler episodes are from the "relaxing days" before the Cell Games. I think it's pretty funny to see again ol'friend like Tao Pai Pai. I also love the episode when Gohan met "Lime" when I was younger I wrote a fanfic with a kind of puppy love between them...hihihi.

The driving lesson with Goku and Piccolo is also priceless! :lol:

Oh yeah! And the "final" episode with Bulma's party at the end of Buu Saga is pretty fun too!

I just LOVE when DBZ's characters are impliqued in "everyday life situations"...It's pretty realistic and funny....It's a fresh break between all these everlasting fighting scenes >_<
[b]"You didn't know how much your parents love you until you raise a child"[/b]

[b]NativeGirl[/b]
Proud Mommy of little Yohan who is now 3 ½ years old! ^-^ (time goes by...so quickly!)

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:27 pm

My favorites were the Driving episode, the Base Vegito episode, all of the Other World tournament episodes, and the one where Gohan fights General Tao.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:32 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:
First off, this was a BIG necropost. This thread hadn't been touched since December. Please don't bump multi-month old topics like this.

To answer your question, I believe the episodes in question are the ones involving Vegeta's Gravity Room training, and Bulma "nursing him back to health" after he nearly killed himself doing so.
What's the problem with necro posting?
I didn't see this topic the first time it was around and I'm sure there's lots of people who have joined since then that are interested as well.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Humpski wrote:What's the problem with necro posting?
I didn't see this topic the first time it was around and I'm sure there's lots of people who have joined since then that are interested as well.
It's in the Forum Rules, a'course. (Rule #2.)

chibi_goten made this thread for similar reasons, originally-- he wanted to explore this topic but was aware of the limits on necroposting, so he made a new thread for it instead. The rules actually encourage this course of action as an approved alternative to necroposting.

Since it's been made active again, though . . .

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.