How Are “Sagas” Released in SDBH Arcade?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

How Are “Sagas” Released in SDBH Arcade?

Post by jamiljamtheman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:44 am

Playing SDBH World Mission, I really like all the “sagas” offered to play in Arcade mode. I assume they are straight ports from the arcade game. It has me wondering how long it took for all those “sagas” to come out and how different the newest ones currently in arcades are.

So for anyone in the know about how the Japanese arcade machines operate, how does Bandai NAMCO release the “sagas”? Do they release some with every new card set, and are all the previous ones accessible on the machine? And finally, do these releases happen often?

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Re: How Are “Sagas” Released in SDBH Arcade?

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:17 am

jamiljamtheman wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:44 am Playing SDBH World Mission, I really like all the “sagas” offered to play in Arcade mode. I assume they are straight ports from the arcade game. It has me wondering how long it took for all those “sagas” to come out and how different the newest ones currently in arcades are.

So for anyone in the know about how the Japanese arcade machines operate, how does Bandai NAMCO release the “sagas”? Do they release some with every new card set, and are all the previous ones accessible on the machine? And finally, do these releases happen often?
They usually release one or two sagas with each card set, and card sets are added every two months (with the exception of the previous set, which was delayed a month by Covid). I don't think the pre-SDBH sagas are still accessible, but everything else (the ones in World Mission, and everything released since then) is there.