DBZ RPG.

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Oh, then you can definately count me in! I'll help anyway I can, w00t!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 16, 2004 11:00 pm

Wheee! It felt like it was coming along lately. That dice thingy on rpghost.com just fixed everything. Rather than make PLs the be all and end all, I was thinking of your PL = your fighting skill + combat characteristic.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

dragonpearls
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dragonpearls » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:10 am

Um...may I ask?
....How do you play a RPG. I had all ways wanted to know.
[i]......HI! ^_^[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:54 am

That what's taking so damn long to set it up. Most sites are run by 4-year-olds so they don't seem to have a defined set of rules.
The official DBZ RPG of Funi is made by Fuzion (fuzion.com or fuzion.net) by its rules are many and tedious. So here are mine, whose premise is that your Saiyans you're Low Level Warriors from the Saiyan Empire slowly working your way up to the rank of Royal Guard:

Basically there are 4 characteristics: Mental, Physical, Combat and Ki.
There are also a bunch of skills: Body, Mind, Fighting, Weapon, Power, Evasion. Body skills being how well your tail is trained to withstand paralyzing you with pain if grabbed+how well it can withstand being cut off+how fast it takes for your tail to regrow if cut off. Mind skills being how well you can withstand mind control techniques (ex: Majin)+how much control you have in Oozaru form. Fighting is how well you fight and Weapon is how well you fight with a weapon. Power is how much damage your ki attacks do and evasion is how well you dodge/block attacks.
There is also general Defense. When an attack smacks you, the damage is lessened by this. What's left goes into your HP. Once your HP reaches 0 you die.

For an example:
Using http://www.rpghost.com/dicer.shtml, I did a sample battle with myself. God that sounded sad.
This is what got sent to my e-mail:

Quote:
RPG Host's Dice Server has sent you this automated dice roll...

ROLLERS NAME: Dayspring

ROLLED: 3 d 6 + 40 - 10 = 37

Dayspring uses Kamehameha against Bob. His power of 20 + combat of 20=a modifier of +40. Since
he is on planet Vegeta and not used to 10g, he experiences a modifier of -10.

EDIT: From here the 37 would go up against "Bob's" defense. Whatever's left over comes out of Bob's hp. (IE: Bob has a defense of 30. 37-30=7. Bob loses 7 hp.) To avoid godding, the 3 dice are used, otherwise whoever's stronger would ALWAYS automatically win. This way there's more of a chance for the weaker players, but it stays realistic in the sense that the stronger you get, the less damage your opponent's do to you and the more you can do to them.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

dragonpearls
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dragonpearls » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:45 pm

I.......think I get it?...... :?
Do you have another exaple?
[i]......HI! ^_^[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:47 pm

I'm creating a sample battle as a sticky thread on the RPG's board. I'll get back to you when it's done.