How strong do you want initial Buu saga Gohan to be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nodeo-Franvier

How strong do you want initial Buu saga Gohan to be?

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:55 am

Do you like the fact that AT made him weaker?(PC level in my opinion)
If not how strong do you want him to be?
For me I want him to have enough power to Reacoom Majin Vegeta.

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: How strong do you want initial Buu saga Gohan to be?

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:44 pm

Not really, because despite being weaker, he wasn't a push over nor was he disrespected by Toriyama. It also paved the way for him to get his Mystic form, which I consider to be the best version of Gohan.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:01 pm

I think his strength level was fine given he didn't train. He fought Dabura to the brink who is the king of demons. He also got back into shape remarkably quickly with his Z Sword training. Gohan is speculated to be stronger than Goku and Vegeta by that point just because he could handle the heavy sword better than Goku did in their base forms. I don't believe handling the Z Sword correlates directly to power level but it is an interesting feat.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Stronger than thugs, at the very least.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:30 am

I myself put him at around MSSJ Goku's level from the Cell Games. It's a noticeable decline but not an utterly humiliating one as we saw in the ROF arc. Gohan was still regarded as a worthwhile asset in the fighting.

Given the intent of having Gohan slack in his martial arts training due to the domestic lifestyle, I'm okay with where he was. I will say that I found his ROF iteration to be painfully saddening to look at. Gohan should not have been reduced to the point that he's wondering whether he can even transform into standard SSJ. No, I think if there was going to be a decline due to the same neglect as before -- which in and of itself I'm not a supporter of as it seems to imply that Gohan hasn't learned from his past mistakes -- I would maybe place him at Buu arc SSJ3 Gotenks' level.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Gohan had his CG power level he just lost

1. His battle instinct so he was rusty and forgot how to fight. Compare a boxer or mma fighter to a regular guy that's just as strong as them for example.

2.He lost his ability to get mad and power up from rage and couldn't go into SS2. CG Gohan had ss2 and was angry at the same time.

This is why Vegeta says he is weaker at the in SS2 but then gets mad again when be fights Debra. Gohan still had the power to win but not the skill set.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:37 pm

I just want to know if he's SSJ or SSJ2 most of the Buu saga?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:39 pm

The same level as Super Saiyan 3 Goku or Gottenks, tbh.

I didn't want him JUST to be stronger though. I wanted his personality to be different. A serious warrior that doesn't care if he has a haircut. Not a dork , wannabe superhero, and family man.

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm

I really don't care about how strong a character is in relation to the others, as long as they're interesting and fun, and I think early Boo Arc is one of the most enjoyable characters in this series. Anyway, even if he was stronger than he already his, Toriyama would probably drop the ball with him anyway
she/they.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Is it even true that anyone can actually lose Ki from not training? Freeza didn't train for the vast majority of his life and maintained a 120 million BP. Then, at the ToP, Freeza retained his massive boost from training and some while sitting in a cocoon for a couple years.
As far as I know, Ki doesn't degrade. So why would Gohan become weaker?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:54 pm Is it even true that anyone can actually lose Ki from not training? Freeza didn't train for the vast majority of his life and maintained a 120 million BP. Then, at the ToP, Freeza retained his massive boost from training and some while sitting in a cocoon for a couple years.
Freeza's 120 million BP is what he had naturally developed to without training to acquire it, whereas Gohan had trained to draw out that ki, which is way beyond his natural limits.
Don't forget 4 year old Gohan had a natural BP of 1307 and if he hadn't trained at all and just grown up without doing so, no doubt his adult BP would be very low compared to the adult Gohan we actually got.

No different than a bull being naturally stronger than most humans despite doing little to no training and mostly just eating and sleeping all day.

So since Gohan had to train to get his ki, I believe it makes sense that lack of maintenance would naturally make him lose his gains, because the level isn't what he'd be at naturally. His body would be physically weaker and thus his ki can't be expressed as well anymore.
Also with Gohan there's also a mindset issue, he no longer could get himself enraged like against Cell, which is vital to drawing out ki for Super Saiyans.

As for ToP Freeza, he was dead, so different rules apply, because you can't starve or die of thirst and your ki will likely be affected by that too.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:16 am

theherodjl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:54 pm Is it even true that anyone can actually lose Ki from not training? Freeza didn't train for the vast majority of his life and maintained a 120 million BP. Then, at the ToP, Freeza retained his massive boost from training and some while sitting in a cocoon for a couple years.
Gohan was only weaker as a ss2 because he couldn't draw his rage power out. Vegeta talks about his fighting skills more so than power when he's a SS.